World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Hasbro Defense Tip vs TT Defense Tip, & Heavy Forge Disk - modern day usage - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Hasbro Defense Tip vs TT Defense Tip, & Heavy Forge Disk - modern day usage (/Thread-Hasbro-Defense-Tip-vs-TT-Defense-Tip-Heavy-Forge-Disk-modern-day-usage)

Hasbro Defense Tip vs TT Defense Tip, & Heavy Forge Disk - modern day usage - TCBlading - May. 14, 2018

How does the Hasbro Defense driver performance tip differ in performance to TT version?  I thought I saw somewhere that it isn’t as good as the TT one but cannot find the article or thread. Is it worth getting the Hasbro one if I can’t get the TT one?  

Also, do people still use forge disk Heavy much nowadays given the heavier newer numbered forge disks like 0, 2, 8 etc.  And what frame is good to attach to it?

I was thinking of getting the Hasbro Spryzen pack which has the above 2 parts but wonder if they are still reasonably competitive - does anyone here still use Heavy disk or Hasbro Defense tip with any layers of the more modern lines such as God beys & Super Z beys?

RE: Hasbro Defense Tip vs TT Defense Tip, & Heavy Forge Disk - modern day usage - OldSchool™ - May. 14, 2018

You cannot mix Hasbro Drivers with TT Layers and Vice-Versa in official WBO events.
That should answer perhaps half your question?

RE: Hasbro Defense Tip vs TT Defense Tip, & Heavy Forge Disk - modern day usage - TCBlading - May. 14, 2018

Thanks OldSchool, usage is more for casual vs friends or personal amusement lol, not for formal competition...just wondering if there is a glaring performance difference between Hasbro & TT for their Defense driver tips eg does one have weaker spring lock or height difference etc.

RE: Hasbro Defense Tip vs TT Defense Tip, & Heavy Forge Disk - modern day usage - Wombat - May. 14, 2018

(May. 14, 2018  7:10 AM)TCBlading Wrote: How does the Hasbro Defense driver performance tip differ in performance to TT version?  I thought I saw somewhere that it isn’t as good as the TT one but cannot find the article or thread. Is it worth getting the Hasbro one if I can’t get the TT one?  

Also, do people still use forge disk Heavy much nowadays given the heavier newer numbered forge disks like 0, 2, 8 etc.  And what frame is good to attach to it?

I was thinking of getting the Hasbro Spryzen pack which has the above 2 parts but wonder if they are still reasonably competitive - does anyone here still use Heavy disk or Hasbro Defense tip with any layers of the more modern lines such as God beys & Super Z beys?

OldSchool answered the first part of your question, but to answer the second part Heavy Defense fell out of use as a Stamina setup about this time last year with the introduction of Drain Fafnir, where it was outclassed by Spread/Yell Revolve (and eventually 7 Revolve) because that setup has similar (if not better) Stamina while also having more application against opposite spin combos.