World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Wiki (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Wiki)
+---- Forum: Approved Drafts (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Approved-Drafts)
+---- Thread: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) (/Thread-Energy-Layer-Dragoon-S-Burst)

Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - MonoDragon - Apr. 13, 2017

Quote:Dragoon S is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted through the CoroCoro Aniki exclusive Dragoon S Wing Xtreme Gold Version.

==Description==
The Energy Layer Dragoon S is an adaptation of the Reverse Dragon Attack Ring and Dragoon Bit Chip from the Original Plastic Generation meant for the Burst System. As such it features an overall square/diamond shape with four dragon heads that act as the main contact points and an image of the Bit Beast Dragoon in the center. The pointed shape of each of the heads makes this Layer an excellent choice for Left Spin Burst Attack combinations when launched at medium strength, able to consistently Burst top-tier Defense and Stamina combinations. The only differences between the Energy Layer and the original Attack Ring is that the Layer is much thicker overall, the dragon heads are more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller overall and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable. Dragoon S features teeth comparable to those on the Takara Tomy release of Valtryek V2 allowing it to withstand its own recoil.

There are two variations of Dragoon S released, the first was made of clear plastic painted gold and was released as a CoroCoro magazine exclusive and the second was made of opaque white plastic released as a WBBA store exclusive as a limited release. Of the two the white plastic version fairs much better as the opaque plastic makes the teeth less likely to skip than clear plastic, has no paint that fairs the risk of chipping off with use and is overall more accessible.

==Overall==
With Dragoon S' strong teeth and aggressive shape, this Energy Layer is a great choice for Burst Attack combinations. However, since this Layer is exclusive as a limited release in WBBA stores it is far more uncommon than other top tier Attack Type Energy Layers such as Valtryek or Xcalibur and because it's a left spin Layer one would need to purchase Luinor L2 for a left spin Launcher. Because of these drawbacks this Layer is not top tier but instead a welcome addition of any Blader's collection.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-00 Dragoon S Wing Xtreme (CoroCoro Aniki exclusive) (gold)
  • B-00 Dragoon S Wing Xtreme (white)
This one is probably gonna need a few revisions, I'm calling it an excellent Burst Attack Layer due to videos from LeoBurst, JoJo and ZYeYo showing it burst combos such as D2.H.O, O.H.D, K2.G.O and K2.G.R but I am aware of the testing thread where it only performed averagely. I will admit I'm still on the fence on whether it's good or just average.

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - MonoDragon - May. 01, 2017

(Apr. 13, 2017  2:16 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Dragoon S is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted through the CoroCoro Aniki exclusive Dragoon S Wing Xtreme Gold Version.

==Description==
The Energy Layer Dragoon S is an adaptation of the Reverse Dragon Attack Ring and Dragoon Bit Chip from the Original Plastic Generation meant for the Burst System. As such it features an overall square/diamond shape with four dragon heads that act as the main contact points and an image of the Bit Beast Dragoon in the center. The only differences between the Energy Layer and the original Attack Ring is that the Layer is much thicker overall, the dragon heads are more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller overall and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable. Dragoon S features teeth comparable to those on the Takara Tomy release of Valtryek V2 allowing it to withstand its own recoil. The pointed shape of each of the heads makes this Layer a decent choice for Left Spin Burst Attack combinations when launched at medium strength, able to consistently Burst top-tier Defense and Stamina combinations but only when the opponents are using heavy Disks such as Heavy or Gravity, if used against a combination using a light disk such as Knuckle, then the Dragoon S combination will be very likely to lose.

There are two variations of Dragoon S released, the first was made of clear plastic painted gold and was released as a CoroCoro magazine exclusive and the second was made of opaque white plastic released as a WBBA store exclusive as a limited release. Of the two the white plastic version fairs much better as the opaque plastic makes the teeth less likely to skip than clear plastic, has no paint that fairs the risk of chipping off with use and is overall more accessible.

==Overall==
With Dragoon S' strong teeth and aggressive shape, this Energy Layer is a decent choice for Burst Attack combinations. However, what keeps it as a welcome addition to any Blader's collection instead of a top-tier Layer is its weakness against lightweight combos and the fact that there are better or comparable and more commonly available layers such as Xcalius, Valtryek and Luinor L2.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==

Made some edits based on my experiences with Dragoon Storm (Burst) and the testing thread. Unfortunately it didn't cross my mind to keep track of my experiments with Dragoon S until after I had finished and they would have to be taken will less certainty since I don't have any Takara Tomy Layers and Drivers like D2 and Orbit (Though I do have Lost Longinus to compare it to) and only Hasbro Beyblades to pair it against.

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - MonoDragon - May. 13, 2017

(May. 01, 2017  2:06 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2017  2:16 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Dragoon S is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted through the CoroCoro Aniki exclusive Dragoon S Wing Xtreme Gold Version.

==Description==
The Energy Layer Dragoon S is an adaptation of the Reverse Dragon Attack Ring and Dragoon Bit Chip from the Original Plastic Generation meant for the Burst System. As such it features an overall square/diamond shape with four dragon heads that act as the main contact points and an image of the Bit Beast Dragoon in the center. The only differences between the Energy Layer and the original Attack Ring is that the Layer is much thicker overall, the dragon heads are more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller overall and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable. Dragoon S features teeth comparable to those on the Takara Tomy release of Valtryek V2, while such teeth would normally allow a Layer to withstand its own recoil, the pointed shape of each of the heads are so recoil heavy and the Layer is so light in weight that the teeth are still unable to compensate in almost any circumstance.

Dragoon S can be used in one circumstance however; if both the Dragoon S combo and the opponent are using heavy Disks such as Gravity or Heavy, Dragoon S is using a high friction, high momentum Performance Tip such as Xtreme and Dragoon S is soft launched then it can show success in Burst Attack. However, this too can rendered useless if the opponent is soft launched as well.

==Overall==
While Dragoon S has strong teeth, its shape is simply too aggressive and its weight is too light to be effective. The only instance where this Layer can perform well is highly situational and can still be beaten easily. As such Dragoon is outclassed by other Layers such as Lost Longinus and Valtryek, thus this Layer is suitable for collection purposes only.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
Okay I think that's the last edit this article needs. Based on numerous videos and my own experiences with Dragoon S.

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - Rebel Blader - May. 25, 2017

Did you tried dragoon s with down and extreme i heard down has good burst resistance.

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - Suzaku-X - May. 25, 2017

(May. 25, 2017  6:38 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Did you tried dragoon s with down and extreme i heard down has good burst resistance.

This article is about the layer alone. Secondly, I doubt it would fare much better on Down, as Dragoon S has much too bad of a shape.

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - Rebel Blader - May. 25, 2017

Oh i see. i guess the shape is just too recoily for the teeth.

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - MonoDragon - May. 27, 2017

Well that and it's low weight, it's so light that the teeth can't do anything to save it

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - MonoDragon - Jun. 10, 2017

Bump, really think that this can be published but I need official confirmation

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - Rebel Blader - Jun. 12, 2017

(May. 13, 2017  5:59 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Okay I think that's the last edit this article needs. Based on numerous videos and my own experiences with Dragoon S.

(Jun. 10, 2017  8:42 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bump, really think that this can be published but I need official confirmation

just mention its weight rest looks good.

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - MonoDragon - Jun. 17, 2017

Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - Rebel Blader - Oct. 22, 2017

dragoon(black one) weighs 6.2g

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - MonoDragon - Jan. 30, 2018

(May. 13, 2017  5:59 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Dragoon S is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted through the CoroCoro Aniki exclusive Dragoon S Wing Xtreme Gold Version.

==Description==
The Energy Layer Dragoon S is an adaptation of the Reverse Dragon Attack Ring and Dragoon Bit Chip from the Original Plastic Generation meant for the Burst System. As such it features an overall square/diamond shape with four dragon heads that act as the main contact points and an image of the Bit Beast Dragoon in the center. The only differences between the Energy Layer and the original Attack Ring is that the Layer is much thicker overall, the dragon heads are more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller overall and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable.

Dragoon S features teeth comparable to those on the Takara Tomy release of Valtryek V2, while such teeth would normally allow a Layer to withstand its own recoil, the pointed shape of each of the heads are so recoil heavy and the Layer is so light in weight due to being very thin and hollow that the teeth are still unable to compensate in almost any circumstance.

==Overall==
While Dragoon S has strong teeth, its shape is simply too aggressive and its weight is too light to be effective, a factor that is exacerbated with the heavier Switch-Strike/God Layer System. As such Dragoon is outclassed by other Layers for Left Spin Attack such as Nightmare Longinus and Legend Spriggan, thus this Layer is suitable for collection purposes only.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==

Got rid of the padding

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - Rebel Blader - Jan. 30, 2018

i thought spriggan requiem was good for defense/stamina not attack

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - mrvitobeygeek2 - Jan. 30, 2018

(Jan. 30, 2018  8:18 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i thought spriggan requiem was good for defense/stamina not attack

Well it seems to be decent for defense but I’ve seen multiple videos and it is capable of knocking out and bursting Sieg Xcalibur

(Jan. 30, 2018  8:18 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i thought spriggan requiem was good for defense/stamina not attack

Well it seems to be decent for defense but I’ve seen multiple videos and it is capable of knocking out and bursting Sieg Xcalibur

Come on my phone is lagging

RE: Energy Layer: Dragoon S (Burst) - MonoDragon - Jan. 30, 2018

Meant to write Legend Spriggan