World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+---- Forum: News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-News)
+---- Thread: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! (/Thread-New-Affiliate-Striker-Axis)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Kai-V - Jan. 21, 2010

Hello World Beybladers,

We are glad to announce that Striker Axis is now one of our affiliates.

[Image: rsbsheader.png]

Of course this is very unusual, since they focus on Battle Strikers and not Beyblade. However, both of our staff want to rectify the situation that has been observed more than once between the two communities. We wish to make it clear that both games can be enjoyed for totally different reasons because their gameplay is not the same at all. If you just imagine the kind of tournaments for each hobby, you can clearly see that besides the spinning top similarity, everybody has to stop comparing them so much. One does not have to be better than the other, and we think your time can be dedicated to both games seeing as they are both very fun to play.

With this affiliation, we hope to calm the ‘conflict’ considerably. Our wish is to see both hobbies evolve side-by-side in harmony, not in war. There are good sides and bad sides for the two games (and not advantages and disadvantages); a video will hopefully be made soon that presents those points.

I think everybody can understand that we will not tolerate comments that only want to deteriorate either one of the two games without attempting to be constructive at all. We are aware though that a lot of you already dislike how strict we are with the rules here, so even though we have been acting with valid reasons, we simply courteously ask everyone to really think about their comments before posting them. If a member keeps insulting one of the toys after, for instance, having been shown the aforementioned video, then we will have to warn them.

That being said, this message has to be serious for the most, but we hope the affiliation goes well! Good luck to the Striker Axis staff as well.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Serotonin - Jan. 21, 2010

Hello everyone,

As you all know, the community has recently been introduced to the concept of Battle Strikers. Currently, many of the users here feel some sort of curiosity towards the line, especially with Brad's new position at MEGA, and increasingly, the desire for a community whereby people can discuss this new game has grown.

There have always been calls for a fansite in some capacity; Battle Strikers is certainly deserving of much more than a single thread on the World Beyblade Organization (which incidentally, is currently the most active discussion area for Battle Strikers on the internet, right now).

Many took the initiative and went about with their own business; Beynval and myself had firm plans to create such a community, but in reality lacked the necessary know-how and skills. Minion had also attempted such a task with the same lack of success, unfortunately. Currently, there is but one forum which exists devoted for Battle Strikers, Striker Zone.

When the notion of samples came about, Beynval and I contacted Brad about the possibility of seeing and trying the new Metal XS Battle Strikers - the new series, which Brad had alluded to several times, would see a [tenfold] performance increase and would be on-par with MFB in terms of strength - How exciting! In the discussions, the issue of a fansite was raised; and Brad, who had said in the past that MEGA would be fully supportive of such a community, approved.

Having Battle[!] Brad on board was really a great help. In reality, we would still be struggling with the ins and outs of myBB and PHP coding, let alone writing about Battle Strikers. And so, we really must express our gratitude for all his help, steely determination (and perfectionism!) and support. Notably, we were also able to attract the likes of Kai-V and Minion for support; they are now also members on Striker Axis.

With his help, we were able to finally see the birth of Striker Axis. Admittedly, much of the coding and styles are distinctly similar to the WBO's - this is only testament to the WBO's structure.

And so, with the site's foundations laid and structure built, we are pleased to finally announce Striker Axis here on the World Beyblade Organization.

Obviously, many of you still regard Battle Strikers as the "enemy". It is however important to say, that there is absolutely no reason that the two lines cannot coexist harmoniously; in fact, I personally can't wait until this time next year, when both Beyblade: Metal Fusion and Battle Strikers will both be in full flow, side by side! The two games can both be appreciated for their own, respective attributes.

All of us currenty think Battle Strikers has a lot of potential - The unique control feature is not just a cheap gimmick, but a unique feature which keeps the user constantly involved in the exciting game. Of course, none of us will be abandoning Beyblade and the WBO, because we love both of these games!

And last but not least: we're extremely proud to hold affiliate status with the WBO at this given time. In many ways, it is a diplomatic move to promote both communities, and to embrace one and another. Through this, we hope both the WBO and Striker Axis will be able to grow and help each other - Of course, any derogatory posts will be punished accordingly!

We certainly hope you will take some time to take a look at the site.

Regards,

Striker Axis Staff. - Striker Axis

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Ash - Jan. 22, 2010

Congrats Grin

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Bey Brad - Jan. 22, 2010

Very cool news.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Rawr? - Jan. 22, 2010

Cool news great to have so many affiliate.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Storm Dragoon - Jan. 22, 2010

Awesome news this is awesome

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - blacklightning - Jan. 22, 2010

ive ben thinkin about this 4 a while, wat if both takara and megablocks joined companis and created a battle beyblade or striker blade lolz

anywayz, i agree with kai-v no arguments after he shows the vid

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - brazman - Jan. 22, 2010

they look good sort of like the hms series

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Benkei - Jan. 22, 2010

This does surprise me slightly, however I do understand the reasoning behind it. And I am not at all annoyed by this, and hope that striker axis will be a huge success. Congratulations!

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Raykon - Jan. 22, 2010

This is good news I guess, hopefully this will make people not as angry at each product. I won't be as active on Stiker Axis as I am here, but I will go on it every now and then. Congratulations for the affiliation.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Dude - Jan. 22, 2010

So, you called it Axis, in the end? It sounds really good Joyful_3

Congratulations.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - bey tempest - Jan. 22, 2010

congratz on this, it seems very promising indeed.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - firelord767 - Jan. 22, 2010

I'm a tad bit sad to see that the Theme is a total WBO clone, as well as forum setup, but the WBO setup is the most functional MyBB configuration, so it can slide. I'm not going to join, because i don't play Battle Strikers (i have nothing against it, i just don't play.) but i wish you guys luck nonetheless.

Now, let's try and spell Organization right next time Wink

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Kai-V - Jan. 22, 2010

(Jan. 22, 2010  10:39 PM)firelord767 Wrote: I'm a tad bit sad to see that the Theme is a total WBO clone, as well as forum setup, but the WBO setup is the most functional MyBB configuration, so it can slide. I'm not going to join, because i don't play Battle Strikers (i have nothing against it, i just don't play.) but i wish you guys luck nonetheless.

Brad made both websites, and the theme is very good ...

(Jan. 22, 2010  10:39 PM)firelord767 Wrote: I'm a tad bit sad to see that the Theme is a total WBO clone, as well as forum setup, but the WBO setup is the most functional MyBB configuration, so it can slide. I'm not going to join, because i don't play Battle Strikers (i have nothing against it, i just don't play.) but i wish you guys luck nonetheless.

I designed the theme based on the WBO's templates. It made more sense to use what I'd developed already than to start from scratch.

And "Organisation" is the British/Canadian spelling.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - firelord767 - Jan. 22, 2010

I never said the theme was a bad thing.

That spelling thing is very interesting. SO what's the official spelling used for the WBO?

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Raykon - Jan. 22, 2010

Organization I'm guessing, that's what it says on the banner.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Medz - Jan. 22, 2010

Nice, I can see the affiliation working and I can see the site being a huge success even from now.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - MetalFightKai - Jan. 22, 2010

im not ment to offend anyone with this post but here goes
ive seen toys like battle strikers several times, constantly a new toy will come out and will slowly start failing over the course of 3 years, im used to one hit wonders that get there 5 minutes of fame, and to be honest i could really see battle strikers declining pretty soon

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - TheLVJ - Jan. 22, 2010

(Jan. 22, 2010  11:41 PM)MetalFightKai Wrote: im not ment to offend anyone with this post but here goes
ive seen toys like battle strikers several times, constantly a new toy will come out and will slowly start failing over the course of 3 years, im used to one hit wonders that get there 5 minutes of fame, and to be honest i could really see battle strikers declining pretty soon

Thanks for the insight.Stupid We REALLY needed this.

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - MetalFightKai - Jan. 22, 2010

(Jan. 22, 2010  11:53 PM)The LVJ Wrote: Thanks for the insight.Stupid We REALLY needed this.
Omg you figured out sarcasm weeeeellll doooonnneee

(Jan. 22, 2010  11:41 PM)MetalFightKai Wrote: im not ment to offend anyone with this post but here goes

Sort of like how Beyblade faded out?

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - MetalFightKai - Jan. 23, 2010

(Jan. 22, 2010  11:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Sort of like how Beyblade faded out?

yeh but i like to think beyblade has a chance of coming back

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Nuno - Jan. 23, 2010

This is great news, congrats! Grin

RE: New Affiliate: Striker Axis! - Bey Brad - Jan. 23, 2010

(Jan. 23, 2010  12:00 AM)MetalFightKai Wrote: yeh but i like to think beyblade has a chance of coming back

Well ... it is. Speechless