World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Can you tell me what did I miss ? :) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Can you tell me what did I miss ? :) (/Thread-Can-you-tell-me-what-did-I-miss)

Can you tell me what did I miss ? :) - Earth_Eagle 2 - Mar. 05, 2017

Hi all,
I'm 19 years old (yeah never too old for beyblade), and I stoped playing beyblade 5 years ago I think, and I want to know what did I miss etc...
I want to go into it again and I don't want to be too late (if it's possible), so can anyone explain me what did I miss (like the new feature etc...)
Even if I don't think that I used to play with before will play again I want to retry x)
Thanks

RE: Can you tell me what did I miss ? :) - Cake - Mar. 05, 2017

If you stopped playing 5 years ago, you would have missed Metal Fury and Shogun Steel (4D and Zero-G in the Takara-Tomy release). Those later additions to Metal Fight Beyblade added a lot of gimmick parts and much heavier, much more powerful parts, outclassing pretty much every Metal Wheel/Fusion Wheel before them. Those later parts form the core of the WBO's Standard Format, which allows pretty much everything from MFB and Zero-G. Limited Format would be closer to what you were playing before you quit, with almost everything after the Maximum Series (Twisted Tempo, Hades Kerbecs, and the like) being banned to allow more of the earlier parts to compete.

Then, of course, there's also the entirely new series, Beyblade Burst, which features a "bursting" mechanic - the Beyblades use a spring-loaded locking mechanism (a series of teeth in the case of Takara's release, Hasbro uses a slope instead) to stay together when assembled; if the Beyblade is hit enough times with enough force during a battle, this will unlock the mechanism and cause it to fly apart. This way you can win in the usual methods of out-spinning your opponent or knocking them out, or you can try and Burst them, disassembling their Beyblade and winning the match.

And yes, there is no such thing as too old for Beyblade, haha

RE: Can you tell me what did I miss ? :) - Earth_Eagle 2 - Mar. 05, 2017

Thank you for the time you gived to answer me ^^
But why when I look on youtube I only find beyblade that are all made of plastic and no metal it looks pretty strange x)

RE: Can you tell me what did I miss ? :) - Jimmyjazz39 - Mar. 06, 2017

(Mar. 05, 2017  8:58 PM)Earth_EagleĀ 2 Wrote: Thank you for the time you gived to answer me ^^
But why when I look on youtube I only find beyblade that are all made of plastic and no metal it looks pretty strange x)
In beyblade burst the contact points are the plastic layers. The metal disk is for weight. All beyblades have metal in them tho

RE: Can you tell me what did I miss ? :) - Yblader1 - Mar. 06, 2017

(Mar. 05, 2017  6:48 PM)Earth_Eagle 2 Wrote: Hi all,
I'm 19 years old (yeah never too old for beyblade), and I stoped playing beyblade 5 years ago I think, and I want to know what did I miss etc...
I want to go into it again and I don't want to be too late (if it's possible), so can anyone explain me what did I miss (like the new feature etc...)
Even if I don't think that I used to play with before will play again I want to retry x)
Thanks

Oddly enough I'm also 19 and made a comeback recently to the wbo after a few years.