World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread (/Thread-Takara-Tomy-Beyblade-Burst-Upcoming-Release-Rumor-Thread)

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - Shoyo - Jun. 13, 2022

Xcalibur Hype

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - Needforspeed - Jun. 13, 2022

Just to clarify Xiphod Xcalibur isnt confirmed to have burst stoppers and it has the 2 armor so this marks the first time ever since pre dual layer a starter repeat a part

Edit: just realized the armor isn't confirmed to be 2 because the theres a small diffrence in the shape

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - WickedHero - Jun. 13, 2022

My bad, it still using 2 armor from concept art

(Jun. 13, 2022  5:42 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: Just to clarify Xiphod Xcalibur isnt confirmed to have burst stoppers and it has the 2 armor so this marks the first time a starter repeat a part

Not confirmed, but its really obvious tho from the scan, showing the sword extension stopping di metal disk

(Jun. 13, 2022  5:43 PM)WickedHero Wrote: Not confirmed, but its really obvious tho from the scan, showing the sword extension stopping di metal disk
No? This is a right spin bey not a left so the sword would just be blocking it from being fully clicked or locked

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - KIO - Jun. 13, 2022

For those wondering, "Xiphoid" is Greek for "sword-shaped", so the name fits.

Honestly hyped for the Sword Launcher more than anything, I'm hoping it has decent number of rotations.

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - NoNotYou - Jun. 13, 2022

The 2 armor is flat, it can't be that either

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - KIO - Jun. 13, 2022

(Jun. 13, 2022  5:43 PM)WickedHero Wrote: My bad, it still using 2 armor from concept art

(Jun. 13, 2022  5:42 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: Just to clarify Xiphod Xcalibur isnt confirmed to have burst stoppers and it has the 2 armor so this marks the first time a starter repeat a part

Not confirmed, but its really obvious tho from the scan, showing the sword extension stopping di metal disk

Doesn't look like 2 Armor to me, even in the concept art. I reckon perhaps it's a new Armor? Maybe 1 lol

(Jun. 13, 2022  5:51 PM)NoNotYou Wrote: The 2 armor is flat, it can't be that either
Yeah already edited it. Its a new armor, might be classic "1" part that Xcalibur is famous to have

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - WickedHero - Jun. 13, 2022

(Jun. 13, 2022  5:49 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2022  5:43 PM)WickedHero Wrote: Not confirmed, but its really obvious tho from the scan, showing the sword extension stopping di metal disk
No? This is a right spin bey not a left so the sword would just be blocking it from being fully clicked or locked

U r right tho, i didnt realize that. That extension might be click gimmick, when the bey click at certain position the sword will pop up. 1 armor does seem possible since we havent got new armor after 9

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - BeySkozo Raky - Jun. 13, 2022

This new Xiphoid Xcalibur looks very cool and interesting. Compared to some of the previous BU Beys it has a very unique and creative name. The design is like said interesting, it really seems like the sword goes through the disc locking part. It's also interesting to see a DB Ripcord Launcher, that's something I rather expected from Hasbro. But still I hope the diagonal orientation of the Armor (which looks like 2) doesn't make the Bey too unbalanced or shaky. Overall it looks like an awesome release, very excited to see the official pictures of the Bey and the parts.

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - UnseenBurst - Jun. 13, 2022

Where did you all find the pics Xiphoid Xcalibur actually had raised my expectations. The Concept Art looks horrible but from what I’m hearing, it seems like it’ll be a pretty cool Bey. I’ve seen the DB Sword Launcher and it’ll probably be the most powerful launcher of all of burst. I really hope it has a Bearing and the Power Unit. It’s also going to be the first Ripcord DB Launcher. I also heard it might have 9? Why 9? Give it a more pinpointed Armor for the Sword Impact Gimmick to work a bit better. Maybe this Bey will be better than we expected. I at least hope so. I have a lot of high hopes for this Bey now and I’m really hoping that it’ll be at least Semi Decent Bey and maybe it’ll be able to play attack competitively. I can’t wait for the Official Images.

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - chrishay - Jun. 13, 2022

Ahh.. I just hate leaks..

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - Jinbee - Jun. 13, 2022

Well I saw the images of the new Xcalibur, called Xiphoid Xcalibur, great name by the way. Really though, it can have the weirdest sounding name as long as the actual bey looks good...

And, to my pleasant surprise, yeah actually. Having IRL images certainly helps, but I swear it looks different from that bonkers concept art. The colours are exactly as you'd expect from Xcalibur, definitely feels like Xeno Xcalibur, which is cool since that's one of the nicest Xcalibur designs to me.

The core alignment is actually the proper alignment! Well... kind of, it feels like either the core or blade can rotate, likely as a result of losing clicks and lining it up. I imagine it's got that wonky positioning when fully clicked, but when clicked twice it lines up perfectly. It looks like a fused layer since there's no armour, and the rotation idea would work if it was fused.

It probably won't have a fused disk/driver, since those normally have plastic tabs, while this one uses metal disk tabs.

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - WorldKai - Jun. 13, 2022

(Jun. 13, 2022  8:00 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Well I saw the images of the new Xcalibur, called Xiphoid Xcalibur, great name by the way. Really though, it can have the weirdest sounding name as long as the actual bey looks good...

And, to my pleasant surprise, yeah actually. Having IRL images certainly helps, but I swear it looks different from that bonkers concept art. The colours are exactly as you'd expect from Xcalibur, definitely feels like Xeno Xcalibur, which is cool since that's one of the nicest Xcalibur designs to me.

The core alignment is actually the proper alignment! Well... kind of, it feels like either the core or blade can rotate, likely as a result of losing clicks and lining it up. I imagine it's got that wonky positioning when fully clicked, but when clicked twice it lines up perfectly. It looks like a fused layer since there's no armour, and the rotation idea would work if it was fused.

It probably won't have a fused disk/driver, since those normally have plastic tabs, while this one uses metal disk tabs.

ngl tt trippin on the names

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - BladerGem - Jun. 13, 2022

(Jun. 13, 2022  6:07 PM)WickedHero Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2022  5:49 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: No? This is a right spin bey not a left so the sword would just be blocking it from being fully clicked or locked

U r right tho, i didnt realize that. That extension might be click gimmick, when the bey click at certain position the sword will pop up. 1 armor does seem possible since we havent got new armor after 9

From what I can tell, it looks like the extension may be spring-loaded (or just rely on centripetal force, which is more likely) and it'll pop out after a few clicks. It looks like the disk tabs, when the bey is fully locked, will block the sword extension and keep it retracted.
As for armor placement, it looks like the armor tabs are inserted at opposite ends of the left-facing sword on the chip (around 4 and 10 on an analog clock).

The layer has metal on the tip of the sword, and it looks like the chip might have flame-shaped metal on the outer part? (the plastic surrounding the disk area). Also, the chip design is neither horizontal nor vertical, but rather angled (think Valkyrie II, but mirrored). It'll definitely look odd on most layers, if it's interchangeable.

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - p0l1w4g06 - Jun. 14, 2022

The wiki is already buying the name...Aren't we jumping the gun?

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - KIO - Jun. 14, 2022

(Jun. 14, 2022  3:50 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: The wiki is already buying the name...Aren't we jumping the gun?

The name "Xiphoid Xcalibur" is written, in English, in the CoroCoro Magazine. It is the official name.

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - NoNotYou - Jun. 14, 2022

As a bonus fact, here's how to pronounce Xiphoid (at least in america). Straight from google.

[Image: J47jrwe.png]

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - Jinbee - Jun. 14, 2022

Thinking about it now, that sword sticking out over the launcher slot doesn't matter since the sword is precisely hovering over those disk tabs (when the bey's fully assembled), which blocks the launchers from twisting in more anyway. I think Xcalibur can still be launched despite having that sword stick out over the slot.

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - JoMario67 - Jun. 14, 2022

Official Xiphoid Xcalibur and Sword Launcher Images:
[Image: 4904810209874_3470da786efe482d88ae32cb443c6020.jpg]

[Image: 4904810209874_26b94adcf91a4a3480df9a6850b91b98.jpg]
[Image: 4904810209874_62e783ad00544de89f83b58e3dc2af7f.jpg]
Comes with Xn disc, Sword', and a 1 armor.
Product Description:
When the lock progresses, the metal sword built into the DB core stretches, and the weight is concentrated on the tip of the sword, which dramatically increases the attack power!
Disc "Xn" supports new function "BU lock"! The lock is strengthened when the convex on the top of the disk and the convex on the back of the DB core overlap.
The included Power Custom Sword Launcher LR is equipped with a pull-out winder type and power gear unit as standard equipment, enabling super-powerful shooting!

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - God Dragruler - Jun. 14, 2022

Xcalibur looks great imo. It really looks like xeno merge with sieg you see a little buster in it. New disc nice and 1 armor ofcourse its xcalibur you got to have a 1 somewhere lol. Sword dash huh i can already hear the disapointment of fans lo, but the did it the manage to make xcalibur work in this new meta cause I thought it would've a one piece (no pun intended lol) like Raphael but made the gimmick work Now im i wish Raphael wasnt a one piece same with Apocalypse and Genesis to see how the would work if xcalibur work they could be fun. Love the sword launcher anyway i love this release i'm obviously getting Xcalibur we haven't seen this guy ever since Cho z, great to see it again (Now i want zeus pretty Please Haha)

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - WickedHero - Jun. 14, 2022

should have come with Xtreme' instead of Sw'

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - Phantom legend - Jun. 14, 2022

I really like the overall design of the new Xcalibur it feels like xeno and siege all over again but combined into one (well yea kinda the point). But i really like this new Xcalibur it looks amazing on so many levels. Tbh i kinda doubted the creation of a new Xcalibur back then with the thought of how they would combine the sword with the blade but im happy that they figured out a way to put it into the new System. Im also loving the new sword launcher it just looks well amazing. The black and red really mixes well imo (havent seen a rip cord since GT)and What makes this Xcalibur even better is that this feels like an Xcalibur that was made by Xander since it mainly takes inspiration from xeno and siege with some hints of buster which comes from his student. But now we have 3 of the member of the og spin emperors new Xcalibur, guilt longinus, astral and new spriggan but sadly not a new zues (zues will be missed)

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - WickedHero - Jun. 14, 2022

Admin now can created b-200 product page

RE: Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread - Needforspeed - Jun. 14, 2022

Visually speaking this Xcalibur is basically a mish mash of old design done right which is something that is rare with DB/BU for the evolution in general imo.

It's really nice that we're getting a new disc and armor for this bey real shame that it reauses sword as the driver i would much prefer an Iron' but oh well. From the looks of it the disc is might be some sort of a buff up version of magnum probably to do that anlignment thing which could also be said on the 1 armor. the BU lock thing is also a nice addition to this bey it makes it feel more unique to other burst lock since the disc takes a part in this.

Sword launcher returning? Hell yeah been waiting for this day ever since DSL was released and yeah really glad TT made one since they could just easily make this bey have a normal db launcher.

Overall tho really exited fot this release, glad that B-200 is preserved for Xcalibur and Not a spriggan or valkyrie such a deserving spot honestly.