World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. (/Thread-Removing-the-Deathscyther-series-from-the-game--74433)

Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Mitsu - Oct. 01, 2016

Hey everyone. Last weekend, a few Toronto members (myself included!) played in an experimental Burst Format event. In addition to the currently banned Odin, we tried our hands at a game without Deathscyther as well as Dark Deathscyther: two super impressive, controversial Layers among the Toronto Beyblade community.

This event wasn't overly competitive and I don't believe certain combinations would have been used if this were ranked. While so, this is still data where opinions would be really cool to have.

The players consisted of the following and was played under this pretty simple ruleset:

[Image: 8uKJcNU.png]

Results:

Statistics:

As most of you could imagine, this isn't a perfect type of game. I definitely believe it is better than one with Dark Deathscyther + Defense taking control, though it still has its flaws. It encouraged more attack, but only to an extent.

At the moment, I feel the big issue here Dark Deathscyther. I feel less about Deathscyther as tooth wear is still a thing. Deathscyther's lack of raw defense can be remedied by weak launching, but becomes risky when playing either Accel or Trans—which was recently introduced to the game. This is not the case with Dark Deathscyther, having some of the best defense in the game, likewise it does stamina. I'd be interested to try out the game allowing Odin back, keeping Deathscyther unbanned and locking Dark Deathscyther away.

RE: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Cake - Oct. 01, 2016

I'm all for removing Deathscyther, D2, and Odin from the game, provided Wyvern and Neptune aren't too problematic. It seems that Attack and upgraded Chaos counter them well enough, though - they're certainly more effective than in the current meta.

RE: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Kai-V - Oct. 01, 2016

I think this could have been posted directly in the global Deathscyther ban proposal topic created by Thunder Dome, since the title is almost litterally the same and, at least, the idea to ban both the Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther Layers has already been expressed over there.

RE: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Wombat - Oct. 01, 2016

EDIT: Recording every match might be worthy of its own topic, but since this was done to make some kinda statement or commentary on Deathscyther/D2/Odin should probably be moved to Thunder Dome's thread, since it became more of a blanket discussion on Deathscyther, D2 and Odin rather than just Deathscyther.

Hmm, I kinda expected Neptune to dominate a bit more than it did. With no Deathscyther, D2, or Odin to OS it I don't see much that could take down Neptune Gravity Revolve. I guess Chaos Spread Orbit beat it well enough (and apparently Needle too? huh, that's the opposite of what Time said). I only have 1 Neptune, so would anyone mind seeing how NGO matches up against NGR (and N_O in general? People were using W_O but not Neptune)? Was there some threat keeping people off NGR/NGY that I'm not thinking of, or was it just a psychological thing? I would totally take the chance of someone pulling Chaos on me since its uses are so limited. With Deathscyther out of the picture the lack of stationary Valkyrie makes sense, but I'm surprised V_X, V2_X, and X_X didn't see more use without D2 in their way. Also surprised to see UHR lost to NHD, my Unicorn usually beats my Neptune and Revolve has slightly more Stamina than Defense, but maybe it just came down to launch strength.

Interesting to see N2 getting some use, from the few rounds of informal testing I did it seemed strictly worse than Wyvern (Bursted more, got KOed more, and Wyvern also outspun it even when it was launched first). Does it do really well on Orbit because I didn't look at that setup too closely? I also think it's super cool how open Kei is to new combos, I always see him trying out new or interesting combos other people have used (even though he usually loses with them Unhappy). I know it's a tough question to answer after you lost your one battle using them, but did anything really stand out to you about N_U, Down, and Yielding that you think might have given you a win in a more advantageous matchup? Or was all of this just messing around with weird parts in unranked format?

I kinda had trouble writing this post... as weird as it sounds, unless I missed something I don't really see anything unusual or noteworthy about this event (and is that a good thing or a bad thing)? Literally all of my comments are part nitpicks lol.

RE: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Dracomageat - Oct. 01, 2016

How the hell did Chaos Spread Orbit beat Xcalibur Gravity Xtreme?

RE: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Ultra - Oct. 01, 2016

(Oct. 01, 2016  4:47 AM)Cake Wrote: I'm all for removing Deathscyther, D2, and Odin from the game, provided Wyvern and Neptune aren't too problematic. It seems that Attack and upgraded Chaos counter them well enough, though - they're certainly more effective than in the current meta.

So remove anything that has good stamina? That sounds terrible.

RE: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Izhkoort - Oct. 01, 2016

I have a question, if the winning combos are mainly Wyvern and Neptune, that wouldnt mean with time people would use them has D and D2? in the meaning if they are more reliable than attack people wouldn't still choose to use a defense/stamina beyblade?
maybe the first few tournaments would be more balanced part-wise, but if attack can't be has useful or reliable has it should (in a balanced format), wouldn't the problem persist?

RE: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - 1234beyblade - Oct. 01, 2016

(Oct. 01, 2016  10:14 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: How the hell did Chaos Spread Orbit beat Xcalibur Gravity Xtreme?

Luck, so much luck.

RE: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Dracomageat - Oct. 01, 2016

Given that it beat Neptune though, Chaos may actually be a viable stamina type here. If it is, that would make for a proper type triangle again. The format needs more testing though.

RE: Removing the Deathscyther series from the game. - Mitsu - Oct. 01, 2016

(Oct. 01, 2016  1:48 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Given that it beat Neptune though, Chaos may actually be a viable stamina type here. If it is, that would make for a proper type triangle again. The format needs more testing though.

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about Chaos. The mold difference isn't overly significant and the teeth still do wear down. With a mold 2 Chaos in fairly good condition, I still managed to lose most of my clicks even against Neptune Spread Yielding. What would have been cool to see was more Unicorn/Unicrest.

Ultra Wrote:So remove anything that has good stamina? That sounds terrible.

Uh, what? If anything, Cake's opinion would only be beneficial to the game. D2, Deathscyther and Odin are super versatile and good outside of raw stamina. Banning them would only open up options like Chaos and Unicorn (which has pretty comparable stamina to Deathscyther).

Wombat Wrote:Or was all of this just messing around with weird parts in unranked format?

I think this is definitely case, lol. Not sure I can really speak on behalf of Kei though.

Quote:EDIT: Recording every match might be worthy of its own topic, but since this was done to make some kinda statement or commentary on Deathscyther/D2/Odin should probably be moved to Thunder Dome's thread, since it became more of a blanket discussion on Deathscyther, D2 and Odin rather than just Deathscyther.
Quote:I think this could have been posted directly in the global Deathscyther ban proposal topic created by Thunder Dome, since the title is almost litterally the same and, at least, the idea to ban both the Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther Layers has already been expressed over there.

In any case, I think I'm going to ahead and close this. Let's try to continue the discussion here. Smile