World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] (/Thread-Changes-to-WBO-Competitive-Gameplay-Balancing-Competitive-Combo-s-Re-Libra)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Dirge - Dec. 23, 2009

its either lirba or a stamina combo

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Hagane Ginga - Dec. 23, 2009

attack types can defeat stamina -.-

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Dirge - Dec. 23, 2009

yeah your point being?Libras making the game so unbalenced its not even funny.would you rather have beyblades just be about 2 types and cut down the diffret stratagies and all the diffrent types/styles of play?Compared to Plastics and HMS this is extremly unblanced.

BTW Bladez do you even own a libra?

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Giga - Dec. 23, 2009

(Dec. 23, 2009  1:41 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: attack types can defeat stamina -.-

Speechless
This is the point. Bey is currently a rock paper scissors game. This is bad. Banning Libra will solve this.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Dirge - Dec. 23, 2009

(Dec. 23, 2009  1:52 PM)Giga Wrote: Speechless
This is the point. Bey is currently a rock paper scissors game. This is bad. Banning Libra will solve this.

exactly and because of libra making things unbalenced,in battles its not like the better player or the smarter player is winning it just leaves things up to chance

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Hagane Ginga - Dec. 23, 2009

(Dec. 23, 2009  1:46 PM)Dirge Wrote: yeah your point being?Libras making the game so unbalenced its not even funny.would you rather have beyblades just be about 2 types and cut down the diffret stratagies and all the diffrent types/styles of play?Compared to Plastics and HMS this is extremly unblanced.

BTW Bladez do you even own a libra?

nope but I shall test it out as soon as enterheart bloody ships the damn thing Pinching_eyes_2

if you ban libra, then attack types will end up becoming powerful

edit: dirge, you keep acting like the best blader in the world could use the worst bey there is and defeat the unexperienced one using a strong bey - it's not going to happen

then you cant realy judge how libra preforms then.

NO THEY WONT,cause the inconsitantsy of RF balences it out.Do you not understand that or something?Have you ever used an RF in the MFB attack stadium?if you have then you would know they even with the sliding shoot the ridge acts alot more like a ramp for RF and corses it to self KO.and to get the sliding shot to work consitently with RF you have to sacrfice some of you power and the lack of power makes it easy pray to libra.also i have my sliding shoot down pretty much so i know what im talking about.Do you?

"its not like the better player or the smarter player is winning it just leaves things up to chance "
how is that saying that the best blader could use the worst be and defteat unexperienced using a strong bey?

how can you not understand that?here ill try to explain it to you.

if someone who is unexperinced uses a strong libra combo that they didnt come up with themselfs battles an experinced player who is using a strong attack type combo they came up with themselfs chances are libra will win just because of the weight and alsot the poor ridge of the MFB attack stadium and does that make them a better or smarter player?No it doesnt its leaving things up to chance and is making MFB not as competive as it could be and making it easy for people who dont wanna learn how to play with differnt types and stragies.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - brazman - Dec. 23, 2009

that a bit unfair cos most of us the libra is one of the best defence wheel and parts like metal face and 145 traks are useful for attack combos,stamina,balance and mostly defence
futhere more some of the best,most powerful defence combos have a metal faces 145 track and same with stamina

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Kai-V - Dec. 23, 2009

BLaDeZ, you and perhaps somebody else have been constantly saying that attack types will dominate the game after the ban of the Libra Wheel. However, it sounds to me like you have never used a Rubber Flat Bottom before, therefore you should probably stop using that argument ... Something circa right now.

And if you forget about Rubber Flat and move to the next best attack Bottoms, they are not as good.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Benkei - Dec. 23, 2009

It's exactly as Kai-V says it allows much more versatility in the MFB game, and I think that it will make it much more enjoyable as a whole.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Hagane Ginga - Dec. 23, 2009

(Dec. 23, 2009  2:27 PM)Dirge Wrote: then you cant realy judge how libra preforms then.

NO THEY WONT,cause the inconsitantsy of RF balences it out.Do you not understand that or something?Have you ever used an RF in the MFB attack stadium?if you have then you would know they even with the sliding shoot the ridge acts alot more like a ramp for RF and corses it to self KO.and to get the sliding shot to work consitently with RF you have to sacrfice some of you power and the lack of power makes it easy pray to libra.also i have my sliding shoot down pretty much so i know what im talking about.Do you?

"its not like the better player or the smarter player is winning it just leaves things up to chance "
how is that saying that the best blader could use the worst be and defteat unexperienced using a strong bey?

how can you not understand that?here ill try to explain it to you.

if someone who is unexperinced uses a strong libra combo that they didnt come up with themselfs battles an experinced player who is using a strong attack type combo they came up with themselfs chances are libra will win just because of the weight and alsot the poor ridge of the MFB attack stadium and does that make them a better or smarter player?No it doesnt its leaving things up to chance and is making MFB not as competive as it could be and making it easy for people who dont wanna learn how to play with differnt types and stragies.
lmao, yes I have used rf in attack stadium..
also, I misread your post. My point is, if theres not a really strong defence combo, rf wouldn't even be needed any more.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Dirge - Dec. 23, 2009

(Dec. 23, 2009  2:31 PM)brazman Wrote: that a bit unfair cos most of us the libra is one of the best defence wheel and parts like metal face and 145 traks are useful for attack combos,stamina,balance and mostly defence
futhere more some of the best,most powerful defence combos have a metal faces 145 track and same with stamina

the thing is if its banned it will create alot more strong deffence and attack combos,because they wont have to be as strong as libra and then attack combos wont have to depend on an unpredictable bottom to be able to get wins.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Kai-V - Dec. 23, 2009

(Dec. 23, 2009  2:35 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: lmao, yes I have used rf in attack stadium..
And how successful were you.

(Dec. 23, 2009  2:35 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: lmao, yes I have used rf in attack stadium..
also, I misread your post. My point is, if theres not a really strong defence combo, rf wouldn't even be needed any more.

arugh double post Tired
but i kinda think thats the point bladez it will become alot more balenced and attack types will become visable again it wont just be a deffence stamina fest i think brad metiond it in an earlyer page.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Hagane Ginga - Dec. 23, 2009

it was pretty hard to control and very inconsistent
but if defence combos become to weak, there will be no need for a super fast bottom because they will not need as hard hits

dirge, it's pretty fun having rf and imo practise makes perfect.

thats the whole point,i dont think anyone actully uses RF in competive stiuations basicly because of the inconsistentsy and even if people do use them against weaker defence combos the inconsistentsy will balence things out,do you understand the point in banning it now?

RF will serve no purpose if you ban libra, which means attack types going at a boring speed.

what would hms be like if there was no grip flat core ultimate mode

No RF will still have a purpose of being an amzing attack bottom but it will open the door for a wider choice of options with customizing.And have you ever used WF?its not that much slower then RF.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Bey Brad - Dec. 23, 2009

(Dec. 23, 2009  2:44 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: what would hms be like if there was no grip flat core ultimate mode

But we're not banning RF, we're banning Libra ... RF will still be useful to beat Defense types, but other Attack-type bottoms will also be useful. By banning Libra, in Attack bottoms alone we open the possibilities for F, WF, and HF.

also SF and FS might become usefull
and bladez if your so worried about there being no decent deffence wheels you do realise leo is only 5grams lighter then Libra.

basicly would you rather have one good set of options or would you rather have a whole lot of decent choices that are competive?

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Serotonin - Dec. 23, 2009

(Dec. 23, 2009  2:44 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: RF will serve no purpose if you ban libra, which means attack types going at a boring speed.

what would hms be like if there was no grip flat core ultimate mode

Perhaps unwittingly, you've allowed for a good comparison.

You'll notice in HMS, there is not a clear Rock-Paper-Scissors type-based game; there are a whole variety of customisations from GFCUM to Rubber Weight Core-based Bearing Core halters.

Most notably, there is room for Grip Flat Core and Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode ... Because the Defense typing is not dominated by a part which outweighs the others significantly.

This variation in Attack customisations, and hopefully other types, is exactly what the game needs.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Bey Brad - Dec. 23, 2009

Nice point Heart. Yeah, the HMS metagame was awesome. A skilled player could KO Bearing Cores with GFCUM. You could also take down Bearing Cores with Metal Ape + Grip Weight Core. For Defense, we had Grip Weight Core, Bearing Core 2, Metal Ball Core, along with a slew of ARs. The only homogenous part of HMS was Attack-types, but it's understandable considering HMS was killed shortly into its life. I really would have loved to see where it was going.

If libra does get banned alot of the combos to come out will be realy intresting

Yes, but my point is, rather than banning Libra, wait till there are more viable options

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Serotonin - Dec. 23, 2009

We can't wait; Takara-Tomy's decision to ban Metal Face and Libra is indication that they have no plans to delve further into such a weight division.

Besides, if something does come up in the future, I don't see why we can't revoke the ban ...