World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] (/Thread-Changes-to-WBO-Competitive-Gameplay-Balancing-Competitive-Combo-s-Re-Libra)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Slammin - Dec. 28, 2009

Also remember that this was very early into the game. How where we supposed to know that no new parts would be released in Libra's weight class? If stronger offensive wheels (or maybe a better ridge on the stadium than a ramp) and better defensive parts were released, you'd see a rather balanced game, but it would lack the whole "rock-paper-scissors" feel.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - BlackAce - Dec. 29, 2009

...wow,I have been gone a long time,haven't I?

Back on topic,I'd prefer a metagame without an extremely dominant part (I.E.:Libra Wheel),but at the same time,I don't want to have it taken from those who want to use it.

Therefore,I think the best option is to simply restrict Libra customs.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Hagane Ginga - Dec. 29, 2009

(Dec. 28, 2009  2:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: There is a difference between "balanced" and "rock paper scissors". Rock paper scissors is certainly a "balanced" game in a very specific sense but when you stand back you realize that rock has no applications other than defeating scissors, etc. Beyblade should not be like that.

yes but wont it still go attack>defence>stamina?

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Bey Brad - Dec. 29, 2009

(Dec. 29, 2009  3:45 PM)Takao Kinomiya Wrote: yes but wont it still go attack>defence>stamina?

Generally yes. In my typing video I wrote that type-countering is an advantage, but not a guarantee. Currently though, it is pretty much a guarantee. Removing Libra adds more variables.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Hagane Ginga - Dec. 30, 2009

If Libra is banned OR restricted, will this mean the ban of Libra CH120RF?

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - cutewolfsam - Dec. 30, 2009

ban means everything to do with libra not allowed, ristricted is libra alowed with all the parts on the poll.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Bey Brad - Dec. 30, 2009

(Dec. 30, 2009  8:52 PM)Takao Kinomiya Wrote: If Libra is banned OR restricted, will this mean the ban of Libra CH120RF?

... are you really asking if Libra is banned, will you be able to build this combo that uses Libra ...

really.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - JonnB - Dec. 30, 2009

Restricted no and Ban...

well I think you should know that

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Robsta - Dec. 31, 2009

(Dec. 30, 2009  8:52 PM)Takao Kinomiya Wrote: If Libra is banned OR restricted, will this mean the ban of Libra CH120RF?

smart one...

Question: "if libra is banned can I still use libra?"
Answer: "NO!"

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Bey Brad - Dec. 31, 2009

Just another suggestion as long as we're pushing for more competitive meta: Ban every BeyStadium from Standard except Attack and Balance. All the others are too broken.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - HEARTof4Lion - Dec. 31, 2009

what about the extreme beystadium? ;o that looked like a fun play

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Bey Brad - Dec. 31, 2009

(Dec. 31, 2009  7:22 PM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: what about the extreme beystadium? ;o that looked like a fun play

Fun? Yes. Competitive? No.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - HEARTof4Lion - Dec. 31, 2009

haha alright

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - yusei fudo - Dec. 31, 2009

Yeah, that is a good Idea.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - JonnB - Jan. 01, 2010

yeah I guess The others I not much a fan of and aren't very good such as the STamina Stadium

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Cyberloard - Jan. 01, 2010

(Dec. 31, 2009  3:13 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Just another suggestion as long as we're pushing for more competitive meta: Ban every BeyStadium from Standard except Attack and Balance. All the others are too broken.

i don't like the idea of banning stadiums, if you intend to play competitive you should have more then one blade made for a different style of stadium. if you don't it sucks to be you.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - HEARTof4Lion - Jan. 01, 2010

lol yeah but some stadiums like the super attack stadium is ridiculous...

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Cyberloard - Jan. 01, 2010

(Jan. 01, 2010  6:44 AM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: lol yeah but some stadiums like the super attack stadium is ridiculous...

i don't think i've seen that one... off to Google.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - HEARTof4Lion - Jan. 01, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NXxseeHIc its horrific IMO....

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Libra] - Bey Brad - Jan. 01, 2010

(Jan. 01, 2010  6:42 AM)Cyberloard Wrote: i don't like the idea of banning stadiums, if you intend to play competitive you should have more then one blade made for a different style of stadium. if you don't it sucks to be you.

Have you used all these stadiums?

(Jan. 01, 2010  7:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Have you used all these stadiums?

not yet, ok maybe some are rather ridiculous to use but to ban all expect two is..[i have no word for it]
(Jan. 01, 2010  7:07 AM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NXxseeHIc its horrific IMO....

hmm ya seems pretty bad, i wounder the sliding shoot launching technique makes a flower like pattern right, i wonder how it would fair.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Bey Brad - Jan. 01, 2010

Perhaps you should let those who have actually used them decide those things.

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Neeek - Jan. 01, 2010

I agree on the ban of all stadiums except balance and attack. The others are far to biased to be used competatively. I say, to keep it even cleaner, why not ban Balance aswell?

RE: Changes to WBO Competitive Gameplay: Balancing Competitive Combo's [Re: Libra] - Bey Brad - Jan. 01, 2010

I don't see Balance as broken tbh.

I think Balance is fine too... but i agree that you should include the ban of all other stadiums