World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+---- Forum: News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-News)
+----- Forum: Bey News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Bey-News)
+----- Thread: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト (/Thread-TAKARA-TOMY-announces-new-third-Beyblade-generation-Beyblade-Burst-%E3%83%99%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88)

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! - Wizard - Apr. 18, 2015

(Apr. 18, 2015  2:14 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: You can see how the Beyblade Burst attachment system to the launcher prongs is similar to the way plastics launchers work in some of the demo videos, where the Beyblade is simply "stuck" onto the launcher.

That's what I was originally thinking, but in this video you can see that the reporter twists the Beyblade after putting it on the launcher.

Edit: I've been working with a manga scanlation group on the Youkai Watch manga for a few months now. Well, Youkai Watch was just recently licensed for release in the west so we had to drop it. The good news (Also the news that makes this relevant to this topic): The guy who translated Youkai Watch for us is interested in Beyblade, and has agreed to translate Beyblade Burst for us when it begins next month.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! - Angry Face - Apr. 18, 2015

(Apr. 18, 2015  3:16 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2015  2:14 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: You can see how the Beyblade Burst attachment system to the launcher prongs is similar to the way plastics launchers work in some of the demo videos, where the Beyblade is simply "stuck" onto the launcher.

That's what I was originally thinking, but in this video you can see that the reporter twists the Beyblade after putting it on the launcher.

But you can twist plastics on their launchers to make the clutch in the housings of their prongs click too. In the video, the reporter basically does what many inexperienced players do, in which she attaches the top to the launcher and unnecessarily twists it beyond the point where the top is attached, resulting in that clicking noise. Plus, that video even offers another point of view where you can see their shape differs from MFB's.

Cool news on the manga, though! Maybe I'll get to read it this time around, ha ha.

As much as I like this new series for its gimmick, I think I'm mostly looking forward to all the new modifications I'll be able to make, like replacing the prongs of those new Burst BeyLaunchers with the prongs from older MFB launchers... Or, if there are really NFC chips in the Beys themselves which work based on proximity, maybe I'll try sticking one of those in a modified Facebolt and use it on some MFB against the new tops. Eee

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - djspida5 - Apr. 18, 2015

Just bursting in here (some pun intended), but yeah the burst mechanic will completely eliminate stamina type as that new type did with endurance type. I have a feeling it maybe so, but because these are essentially, in what I would call prototypes I don't know how the mechanics work yet in terms of the burst gimmick though. But I don't think I'm off to assume it's centered around the base. As in, it works the same way as Trygle did with it's spring loaded base gimmick. Like, one wrong hit in the wheel would hit a button in the base/tip and cause the whole bey to just explode everywhere.

At least that's what it looks like to me. Therefore, I know darn well I can't be wrong if when they release more bey in this gen, that it'd be even more difficult to burst the bey apart. But remember, that's not the only way to defeat an opponents beyblade. If anything, it's an addition; a gimmick yes. But it's adding another way to defeat the opponent. Which is pretty dang awesome.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - ashton pinto - Apr. 18, 2015

yeah i did mention that we wont have to wait for a 3-6 minute boring endurance battle at tournaments
I do love this system, just like i loved MFB or zero G along with plastics & HMS haha, excluding the obvious many side series

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - OwnageDerp - Apr. 18, 2015

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhbp8qQCm41qaggoeo1_500.jpg
This is so dank! I'm pretty curious here, is the BeyLogger the new Beypointer system?
(When i say "dank", i mean high quality.)

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - djspida5 - Apr. 18, 2015

(Apr. 18, 2015  5:18 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhbp8qQCm41qaggoeo1_500.jpg
This is so dank! I'm pretty curious here, is the BeyLogger the new Beypointer system?

hahaha, oh yeah it's pretty dank.

but yeah, i see this as a new way to log in beypoints. i'm sure TT has viewed that beypoints matter, around the world and not just in Japan. However it could go both ways, in terms of either it's easier to cheat, or it's easier to actually log in the points. At this point, it's all speculation on my part. I think the idea is neat, and in our age and time it's needed. What with the "cloud" and all. Back then, you'd have to assume and guess if they were lying about it or not unless it was video taped.

I mean, who knows. Maybe it's a blessing, or it could be a curse. We'll have to wait until June to see the full deets.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Bey Brad - Apr. 18, 2015

(Apr. 18, 2015  5:18 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhbp8qQCm41qaggoeo1_500.jpg

hahahaha im gonna cry

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Truffle - Apr. 18, 2015

Not sure if anyone posted here, but would it get a bit confusing with all this? The WBO Tournament format? People will find the BeyLogger more cool, and futuristic. Two BeyLoggers, two phones, rigged results, you go on top, unless of course there are hundred others who think like you

Also, if it's the burst system, and if Hasbro plans not to include the burst mechanism for safety concerns, it'll be a problem at tournaments, if TT and Hasbro beys are used.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Wizard - Apr. 18, 2015

(Apr. 18, 2015  6:55 AM)Truffle Wrote: Not sure if anyone posted here, but would it get a bit confusing with all this? The WBO Tournament format? People will find the BeyLogger more cool, and futuristic. Two BeyLoggers, two phones, rigged results, you go on top, unless of course there are hundred others who think like you

Also, if it's the burst system, and if Hasbro plans not to include the burst mechanism for safety concerns, it'll be a problem at tournaments, if TT and Hasbro beys are used.

Even though the Beypoints system on WBO is somewhat based on that of the BeyPointers that released as part of Metal Fight Beyblade back in 2008, physical Beypointers never actually affected the ranking system here. That being said, the BeyLogger won't have any use in the WBO Tournaments either. It's just a Takara Tomy thing.

If Hasbro releases this series in the west, they will absolutely include the burst mechanic. If you watch the videos of it in action (Which I'm sure you have) the parts don't fly, but the Beyblade just seems to fall apart in a sense. That being said I don't see why Hasbro would not include. I do think, however, that they might make some changes to the stadiums for safety standards but that is another matter.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - smash attacker - Apr. 18, 2015

Wow beyblade burst is awsome it's like it is from the future of 3115 with new tec.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - DefStamina88 - Apr. 18, 2015

Going back to the more plastic route again, I see. I actually kind of like it. From what it seems however, I don't know how it will match with Zero-G. It may have to be put into its own category. I did hear a lot of metal in the video, so I may be wrong.

Overall though, I think it has promise. I'm looking forward to it.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Kai-V - Apr. 18, 2015

Beyblade Burst is a whole new series, while Zero-G was a continuation of Metal Fight Beyblade. Therefore, of course it will need its own tournament format. Plus, as I already mentioned, with so little metal, these probably weigh way less than Metal Fight Beyblades. They are not meant at all to battle previous generations.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - GhostShot - Apr. 18, 2015

I truely like the IDEA of battles ending with the loser bursting, but not the fact that bursting with this is what ends the battles. i mean watch all the vids, the battles end almost instantly because of how they introduced bursting. The way i see it its kinda like diablo nemesis' tip in ultimate balance mode, once hit hard enough on the metal(or this new case plastic) the tip will change modes and... You know the rest, it sucks on ubm with attack tip. The same will be what will happen with bursting, but nobody will continue to spin after bursting. Also the new concept makes stamina types obsolete, with battles only lasting 10 seconds we will never need high stamina. Aside from stamina being obsolete attack types will be op, the concept of attack types is to ko the opponent before you die quickly. Well again with the hard power and instant losing attack types will be so overpowered everybody will use them. Also the burst mechanic will cause many lost parts, i know tons of us grew up on the playground with hms or metal fusion, how many of you guys lost parts from the one or two bursts you had? I have to be honest here though, we all know hasbro will screw this up like they tried to with metal fury. The only reason they ever released the proper parts was because so many people were compaining to them. All in all i will try at least 2 beys(both being attack for the new op-ness) before i leave this series dead to me. Also look at the height on valkrie... Wtf its an attack type you WANT THEM SHORT

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Raigeko13 - Apr. 18, 2015

I'm not sure that stamina battles will fall out of general play or competitive play, and the only reason I believe that is because it's essential to keep balanced play all around. I think for stamina type beys they will make them a bit more sturdy and less prone to bursting, same with defense type beys.

But, only time will tell.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Jinbee - Apr. 18, 2015

You don't know that yet, it may not be as loose as the videos put it, I'm sure Takara Tomy has a way of making the game balanced for Stamina types.

Also, Ifraid is a high height attack type isn't it? Same with Phoenic or Gargole. Even Big Bang Pegasis.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Alta - Apr. 18, 2015

If you look closely on top of either the new string launchers or the ripcord launchers, you can see these small openings that the Beylogger would sit over, I noticed in the pictures that you can almost always see a white space and a black space inside the openings, and it seems to be right above the main gear that spins when you pull the ripcord/string. I get the idea that when you launch with the Beylogger attached, it reads how many rotations the white marking makes as it passes the opening, and logs the RPM just like any standard digital RPM scanner. That might also explain some of the lights on the Beylogger, I get the idea that it counts down so that it can begin reading your RPM right as you launch. I'd like this function.

[Image: 450x385xBeybladeburst_cerbeusgreen.jpg.p...API6mo.jpg]

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - GhostShot - Apr. 18, 2015

Yes There are some high attack typetypes, but ifraid is only high to keep from scraping the 0g stadiums floor and self killing, same with gargole and phoenix. Big bang pegasus and ldrago destructor are also only kinda tall due to need of space for the final drive/survive mechanisms. Notice all of metal fusion and masters tried to keep attack types short as possible. This was all before space was needed for mechanisms. Even with these new hights which are totally insane attack types will be more overpowered. Not even a prevention by tightness for defense and stamina types wil save them from the huge power of the bumpiness and power of the new wheels. Speaking of the new wheels appearance who all thinks they look incredably ugly?

(Apr. 18, 2015  6:52 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I'm not sure that stamina battles will fall out of general play or competitive play, and the only reason I believe that is because it's essential to keep balanced play all around. I think for stamina type beys they will make them a bit more sturdy and less prone to bursting, same with defense type beys.

But, only time will tell.
Sorry for the double post, but i need to comment on dis. Balanced play is crucial, but there is no true way to balance the bursting ratio. If you increase the resistance on stamina and defense type then there will be an upset in the defense to attack and the stamina to defense ratio. Also this is only a possibility... Attack types may be designed to take more recoil then the other types, but this is unlikely seeing as adding recoil only shortens the battles even MORE then they already are. But in truth this is a great concept, but the delivery has many flaws to be fixed by july

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Sıon - Apr. 18, 2015

I do know one way we can have intergeneration battles with these against metal fight! Just loosen up the face bolt a reasonable amount Grin

(Apr. 18, 2015  8:10 PM)SiontheHedgehog Wrote: I do know one way we can have intergeneration battles with these against metal fight! Just loosen up the face bolt a reasonable amount Grin
Dude no... Just no. Burst will be considerably lighter and not compatable at all. Launching a an mfb bey lith lose enough headbolt to battle fairly with burst wouldnt be able to launch properly. Seriously why would you even say that

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Sıon - Apr. 18, 2015

Also, I have a prediction of how the beyblade types will work.

-Attack types will, like always, will have sharp attack points that can easily offset the opponent.. Since stamina types are rather more sensitive to severe hits from the attack points, they will burst when fighting an attack type.

- Defense types will be different than usual. Instead, I imagine that a defense type would just give the opponent the same amount of damage it received, thus making attack types burst under their own power.

-Stamina types will be just like stamina types as we know them. They will only cause minimal damage to the opponent so they can stay together. Since stamina types would receive minimal damage that is countered from defense types, the defense type will burst before the stamina type does.

-Balance types will just be the same old mix as usual.

(Apr. 18, 2015  8:20 PM)GhostShot Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2015  8:10 PM)SiontheHedgehog Wrote: I do know one way we can have intergeneration battles with these against metal fight! Just loosen up the face bolt a reasonable amount Grin
Dude no... Just no. Burst will be considerably lighter and not compatable at all. Launching a an mfb bey lith lose enough headbolt to battle fairly with burst wouldnt be able to launch properly. Seriously why would you even say that

I don't know Uncertain I'm the intergeneration geek... so.... yeah... Uncertain... If I get a burst beyblade... I will attempt to do intergeneration battles because I honestly like to see how two completely different top systems will do to each other when they react in battle...

I take beyblade on the more technical end, and the more crafty, manipulative end. I spend much of my time with doing battles against different systems, because they have interesting results and all... I never really go to be the best beyblader, but I'm the behind-the-scenes guy that goes and sees what crazy kinds of intergeneration battles I can do!

And to prove to you how interesting my battles could be, I once battled my fusion hades to a gyroscope... so... yeah...

Sorry quote wasnt working so i had to type dis

-Attack types will, like always, will have sharp attack points that can easily offset the opponent.. Since stamina types are rather more sensitive to severe hits from the attack points, they will burst when fighting an attack type.

- Defense types will be different than usual. Instead, I imagine that a defense type would just give the opponent the same amount of damage it received, thus making attack types burst under their own power.

-Stamina types will be just like stamina types as we know them. They will only cause minimal damage to the opponent so they can stay together. Since stamina types would receive minimal damage that is countered from defense types, the defense type will burst before the stamina type does.

Well but defense types would have to be too tight for stamina types to burst them if they have to stand up to attack type. We have seen the battles and we know how the shortness will makestamina almost useless.

(Apr. 18, 2015  8:35 PM)GhostShot Wrote: Sorry quote wasnt working so i had to type dis

Well but defense types would have to be too tight for stamina types to burst them if they have to stand up to attack type. We have seen the battles and we know how the shortness will makestamina almost useless.

Well... not so. I said for a defense type that the damage would be reflected off of the damage it receives. The constant and gradual hits from a stamina type, which would be tighter but MUCH lighter would cause defense types to burst before. Attack types would be able to hack into a stamina types lack of attack-reflecting and stable weight and would burst due to the bey-prying attack points...

I agree... not sure how it would work... but that's my own theory of how stamina types would be implemented into competitive gameplay/

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Dual - Apr. 18, 2015

The only battle is for the TT commercial, right? If you guys are judging every battle off of that, then I don't know what to tell you. Of course they're going to show the bursting, and why draw it out? In the original Metal Fight commercial, they showed Pegasis knocking Sagittario out instantly. Were all battles like that? No.

And there's no point complaining about it, that's what it is, and there's nothing we can do about it.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - MissKarat - Apr. 18, 2015

Wow! A new series... this should be good... I hope (I know this was announced three days ago but I was just late for the party).

Beyblades that break? What the flying frog?! That sounds really silly, they might as well make a Beyblade series where the Beyblades spin for one second.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Annoying-Fork - Apr. 18, 2015

Well, this is certainly the pleasant surprise! Thank you, Kai-V for providing this information to us. Smile

I feel like the burst function will generate a fair bit of suspense. I love their aesthetic too, it has this rather uncommon "90's Vibe" to them. Maybe it's just nostalgia. I appreciate the simple start of three parts, a good method to get newcomers familiar quickly.