World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Book Official Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Book Official Discussion (/Thread-WBO-Book-Official-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2

WBO Book Official Discussion - Kai-V - Jan. 18, 2015

As we recently announced as part of the WBO Anniversary 6, we are going to publish an official WBO Book! It will contain articles to remember the numerous events in our history, the notable Members, as well as exclusive stories that have never been revealed before!

Who? For this project though, we are looking for a few contributors. Some of you have already expressed their interest in helping out, but this is the topic for confirming when and how you will contribute. Besides writing articles, you can also be a part of the managing team and organise the order and concepts of the articles, or you can provide special drawings or photos to commemorate historical moments!

Ideally, we would like everyone interested to submit an example of their work. It should be WBO-related or at least Beyblade-related though!

What? Here's the list of article ideas we have come up with, but it's definitely not final. If you have other ideas, don't hesitate to post them here!
  • some sort of introductory message from the Committee/a Committee Member;
  • articles about two or three big, active regions (Toronto, New York, etc.) : feared players, anecdotes, inside jokes, etc.
  • AND/OR one general article about tournaments to englobe anecdotes from other regions as well;
  • how to become a Committee Member / and an Advanced Member;
  • lists of things to buy to be competitive, without descriptions;
  • history of the WBO in 3 phases : before Metal Fight Beyblade (and perhaps even a short history of Off the Chain and Beyblade Forums; getting Roan and people like him from back then would be great), Metal Fight Beyblade out in Japan, Metal Fight Beyblade out everywhere;
  • Days created by WBO;
  • Profiles of notable Bladers (their journey, etc.);
  • WBO's "blacklist"/inside jokes (origin of carp);
  • Abandoned ideas;
  • history of top-tier lists;
  • notable Members (e.g. th!nk);
  • Brad;
  • collaborations (Hasbro, Nelvana, what they gave, etc.);
  • Beywiki (how it was what you were led to initially when you came, but also more);
  • anecdotes (e.g. the sets of HMS avatars and signatures the Committee had once, page 97 of the WBO Random Thoughts topic, );
  • graphics (Kei's section mostly);
  • what happened to past Committee Members;
  • donators (e.g. kanato dolsrin);
  • the issue of fanart;
  • Ink.'s comics;

As you can see, we'll also be interviewing some Members, so who and what questions will be asked, that's up in the air right now!

We need help by compiling all those inside jokes and anecdotes too!

Also keep in mind that we're aiming this book to have approximately as many pages as a magazine, which means around 50. Articles should be of fair size, but obviously some subjects will need more concrete, long articles than others.

When? We know everyone's busy, plus there's no specific reason to rush. What we're aiming for is that this'll be ready at least before when our next big Beyblade boom happens!

How will it be done? The plan is that once we have a proper team of writers/editors/contributors, a special forum will be created just for the organisation of the WBO Book, public or private is to be determined, so that this team will be able to discuss multiple points of the project without having to exchange via private messages or other stuck means. The rest of the community will definitely be able to give their input even past that point though, and we'll keep you updated on the progress!

Each article will be attributed to someone, or vica versa, and since we have time ahead of us, we can definitely work through school and work occupations everybody has. We would simply love to know that it is being worked on, and if you can give yourself some deadlines too, that would be great!

By the way, the name "WBO Book" is also completely temporary and tentative, so it's totally possible that you have much better ideas; we even hope you do!

We're all looking forward to your comments and suggestions!

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - akio314 - Jan. 18, 2015

So hyped. I love this website.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - MissingNo. - Jan. 18, 2015

Hum yeah, I would like to help, but since my english is totally awfull I can't take a part of this...

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Tri - Jan. 18, 2015

I think the forum moderators would be an interesting section hehe Wink.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - OwnageDerp - Jan. 18, 2015

I'll try and help with this, how many editors do we need for this?

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Dark_Mousy - Jan. 18, 2015

I know this may sound controversial but if we're gonna do notable members I think Bluezee and Deikailo should be interviewed or mentioned.

And as far as notable collaborations go for tourney Beyblade Colosseum 2013 should definitely be mentioned.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - RagerBlade - Jan. 18, 2015

I think we should have a list of the winners of each year's championships, or Anime North since those are the big tourneys.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Mitsu - Jan. 18, 2015

I'll try to contribute soon, working on a section relating to tournaments we have here in Toronto!

Thanks for making the thread, V. Smile

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Hato - Jan. 18, 2015

My idea for a section; notable ideas. Ones that were good, but didn't make it/got improved, but still good. Like abandoned ideas, but more of an honourable mention. I want to try to get BeyBall in here Wink

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Wombat - Jan. 18, 2015

For the list of things needed to be competitive, is that just for MFB Standard, or can lists also be made for Limited, Zero-G, Plastics, and HMS? I could maybe work on those if it's ok with everyone else.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Leone19 - Jan. 19, 2015

Great stuff.

If you don't have writers set in stone, I'd be more than happy to contribute.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Kai-V - Jan. 19, 2015

(Jan. 18, 2015  11:44 PM)Wombat Wrote: For the list of things needed to be competitive, is that just for MFB Standard, or can lists also be made for Limited, Zero-G, Plastics, and HMS? I could maybe work on those if it's ok with everyone else.

Definitely for every sort of format we have ever had.

We have one writer set in stone, so anybody else who wants to contribute is more than welcome.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Leone19 - Jan. 19, 2015

(Jan. 19, 2015  12:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2015  11:44 PM)Wombat Wrote: For the list of things needed to be competitive, is that just for MFB Standard, or can lists also be made for Limited, Zero-G, Plastics, and HMS? I could maybe work on those if it's ok with everyone else.

Definitely for every sort of format we have ever had.

We have one writer set in stone, so anybody else who wants to contribute is more than welcome.

Great. Can I just choose one of the topics and submit?

Sure, although post your choice publicly in this topic so that nobody starts working on it at the same time.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Wombat - Jan. 19, 2015

I have the Standard list almost complete, but should I include the BB-76 Galaxy Pegasis DX Set or BB-107 Big Bang Pegasis DX Set? They both have a BB-10, Beylauncher, and Grip, but it's a toss up between having R2F or RF and also 85.

I'm thinking BBP, and then include Galaxy separately, but what does everyone else think?

Put both, and we can find a way to say [OR].

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Wombat - Jan. 19, 2015

All right, here's my list so far for Standard:

MFB Standard
• BB-40 Dark Bull H145SD
• BB-55 Dark Cancer CH120SF/Dark Gasher CH120FS
• BB-71 Ray Unicorno D125CS
• BB-76 Galaxy Pegasis DX Set [OR] BB-107 Big Bang Pegasis DX Set
• BB-99 Hell Kerbecs BD145DS
• BB-102 Screw Capricorne 90MF
• BB-107 Big Bang Pegasis DX Set [OR] BB-76 Galaxy Pegasis DX Set
• BB-109 Beat Lynx TH170WD
• BB-116 Jade Jupiter S130RB
• BB-117 Strongest Blader Set
• BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D
• BB-119 Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF
• BB-121 Ultimate DX Set
• BB-122 Diablo Nemesis X:D
• BB-126 Flash Sagittario 230WD
• BBG-01 Samurai Ifraid W145CF
• BBG-14/15 Metal Stone Face Custom Ver.
• BBG-16 Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF/ SS-16 Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF
• BBG-22 Berserker Begirados SR200TB
• BBG-24 Ultimate Synchrom DX Set Attack & Balance Type
• BBG-25 Ultimate Synchrom DX Set Defense & Stamina Type [X2]
• BBG-23 Bandid Genbull F230TB/SS-23 Bandit Genbu F230TB [X2]
• BBG-27 Gladiator Bahamdia SP230GF/ SS-27 Gladiator Bahamoote SP230GF
• SS-24 Thief Zirago WA130HF

I tried to make it as efficient as possible (If you have the Synchrom DX Sets there's no reason to buy Phoenic or Gargoyle) while making it possible to create at least one variation of all of the Standard Competitive Customs. The X2 is because several of them require Wyvang Wyvang or Genbull Genbull, while I included SS-24 because it's not worth buying 2 of all the other things in the BBG-24.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions/criticisms?

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Kei - Jan. 19, 2015

I was talking to @[Ink.] recently about his WBO Comics and there's a good chance he'll be getting some scans over to us to include in the book. I asked, and he's also going to draw one 'final' comic exclusively for the book. Smile

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Calculator Carp - Jan. 19, 2015

This is asking a bit much, but could you guys add a section of the top 1000 registered members? I would love it if you made a list for all the 90000+ members at the moment, but that is impossible for a 50 page book.

(Jan. 19, 2015  2:36 AM)2003wolfboy2 Wrote: This is asking a bit much, but could you guys add a section of the top 1000 registered members? I would love it if you made a list for all the 90000+ members at the moment, but that is impossible for a 50 page book.

What do you mean by "top 1000" ? How would we classify them ?

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Mitsu - Jan. 19, 2015

Wombat Wrote:All right, here's my list so far for Standard:

It's pretty bang-on accurate, I'd say. Good work! Time did however make two threads on what to buy to be successful in both Standard and Limited; what you planned on doing, so maybe that's what should go up there instead.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-What-to-buy-to-be-successful-in-Limited
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-What-to-buy-to-be-successful-in-Standard

By the way, Kei, Ink's comics are still up there. http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Comic-Strip--34100

(Jan. 19, 2015  2:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2015  2:36 AM)2003wolfboy2 Wrote: This is asking a bit much, but could you guys add a section of the top 1000 registered members? I would love it if you made a list for all the 90000+ members at the moment, but that is impossible for a 50 page book.

You could classify them by BeyPoints. Sorry about not clarifying that.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - Hato - Jan. 19, 2015

(Jan. 19, 2015  3:00 AM)2003wolfboy2 Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2015  2:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

BeyPoints change frequently, so I don't think that would work. Maybe to twist the idea a little; WBO members who have helped WBO the most/contributed?

(Jan. 19, 2015  3:03 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2015  3:00 AM)2003wolfboy2 Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2015  2:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What do you mean by "top 1000" ? How would we classify them ?

BeyPoints change frequently, so I don't think that would work. Maybe to twist the idea a little; WBO members who have helped WBO the most/contributed?

Or, maybe it could be the top 10 from all 6 years, (ranked in beypoints, although maybe you could rank em' in both category's, making it 12 different charts of 10, equaling 120 individual bladers, well, except for the few people who were in the top 10 for more than 1 chart.) a little bit more sophisticated, but I think its the best version for my supposed ranking chart suggestion.

RE: WBO Book Official Discussion - username2130 - Jan. 19, 2015

Great idea. Definitely should include some of beylons articles.
Let me know if you need any artwork or 3-d work.