World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Guide How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Bey Marketplace (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Bey-Marketplace)
+--- Thread: Guide How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions (/Thread-Guide-How-to-use-Yahoo-Japan-Auctions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - 1234beyblade - Jun. 21, 2016

Wow... ZM was kind enough to give me a 10k yen credit with them after just a few orders from them... I never had any trouble with them, especially when making transactions (it kinda just appears after 10 seconds the transaction was made lol).

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Zoroaste - Jun. 22, 2016

Yeah I am surprised to hear this. I wonder if you maybe paid by echeck? Those things irritate me to no end. It takes days for them to "clear" when you could literally mail cash faster using first class mail (the cheapest way to ship packages, lol). Some guy paid me with one last week, I guess some banks just do that, for what reason, I don't know. My theory is so they can hold people's money in limbo for a few days and make money with it. Cuz seriously, how does it take 3-4 days for something to clear in the age of computers? Of my bank pulled that stuff I would drop them in a second.
But anyways, the only problem I ever had was they had some kind of hold on my deposit for a couple hours, it was some random check they do or something I guess. But it was there in a couple hours and all of the other times (probably near 100) it has been visable like 10 seconds after (a few times it did take like a full minute maybe). But yeah, very surprising. I have probably easily deposited and spent over $10-15k there without an issue. Very interested to hear your exact story so I can make sure it doesn't happen to me. I am sure we all would

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Bey Brad - Jun. 22, 2016

I still don't even understand how funds went "missing" in the first place?

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - TimeOut - Jun. 22, 2016

I deposited the money to my account using Paypal. The funds were completely absent from my account for 37 hours. I sent close to 10 messages to them asking where my funds were, without response. Only after I threatened to sue probably 34 hours in to a four figure deposit seemingly being completely gone with only the potential of a Paypal reversal on my side did they finally respond saying to expect my money soon. No explanation. No condolences. Maybe you guy who've been using the service for a long time would have put more faith in them, but for me, having only signed up the day before with the intention of snagging a number of rare HMS for resale purposes I found this quite alarming.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Kai-V - Jun. 22, 2016

What I saw from Zenmarket is to not expect any response on weekends, which is understandable but then again, other companies do not require to be contacted at all since everything works without any issues... I had similarly tried placing a bid right after the creation of my account there and the money never showed until days later and I lost a valuable item because of that since someone else snagged it. Perhaps no deposit should be made until the account is a few days old...?

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Nocto - Jun. 22, 2016

I've never used Zenmarket, but their payments FAQ does state that a deposit may take up to 24 hours to process if the system finds it suspicious. Coupled with the fact that you or your messages might have reached them outside of their working hours, it is well within the realm of possibilities for your money to have taken that much time to reach your account. It doesn't mean that they weren't somewhere in the wrong, but threatening them with a lawsuit after so little time seems excessive.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Kai-V - Jun. 22, 2016

It would be cool if they indicated that prior to even creating an account, or at least before submitting a deposit. I prefer other companies' philosophy of not suspecting large sums because yo, we just won an auction for you, it cost that much, so pay us that...

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Nocto - Jun. 23, 2016

I see your point, and I agree, but I can see why they would do it the way they do. Frankly, I already find the idea of having to put my money into yet another tertiary account to be a turn off, but I assume they do it to prevent being associated with nonpaying bidders that might tarnish their reputation. And flagging large amounts of money, especially for new accounts, I assume is just another money-laundering countermeasure, which I would guess are necessary when your system manages money and currency exchanges.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - mj9 - Sep. 30, 2016

Is there a possible way to look by product code as i have no luck and get empty results

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Kai-V - Sep. 30, 2016

(Sep. 30, 2016  3:30 AM)MJ99TCGGaming Wrote: Is there a possible way to look by product code as i have no luck and get empty results

What are you trying to search?

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - mj9 - Sep. 30, 2016

Beyblades by their product code (e.g for the UDXS BB-121

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Kai-V - Sep. 30, 2016

(Sep. 30, 2016  3:34 AM)MJ99TCGGaming Wrote: Beyblades by their product code (e.g for the UDXS BB-121

There is indeed no result with that keyword. These are Japanese users, you need to try wider terms that have a higher chance of being used by many. In this case, simply search for "DX" in the Beyblade category.

At the moment, there is only one for 14000 yen though hah.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Ultra - Dec. 26, 2016

Is there any reason Zenmarket can't be added to here especially since it seems to be preferred by a lot of people to all the others listed on here and i've always found it better than all of those (although i've never used MOJ but I can't believe many people here actually use this).

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Burst - Dec. 26, 2016

(Dec. 26, 2016  1:41 AM)Ultra Wrote: Is there any reason Zenmarket can't be added to here especially since it seems to be preferred by a lot of people to all the others listed on here and i've always found it better than all of those (although i've never used MOJ but I can't believe many people here actually use this).

Zenmarket Surely should be added as for sure it's preferred by a lot of people and I guess not as complicated as using MOJ, no ?

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Kai-V - Dec. 26, 2016

Well, just because this topic is about Yahoo! Japan Auctions? Plus Yahoo! Japan Auctions is litterally partnered with Buyee, so it makes sense to explain to people what is up with that banner that says "Overseas Customers, Click here to buy this item" on every auction page.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Ultra - Dec. 27, 2016

(Dec. 26, 2016  4:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, just because this topic is about Yahoo! Japan Auctions? Plus Yahoo! Japan Auctions is litterally partnered with Buyee, so it makes sense to explain to people what is up with that banner that says "Overseas Customers, Click here to buy this item" on every auction page.

Um they are probably only partnered because Buyee paid them or because they're well known. It doesn't mean they're actually good and should be recommended. If you look up buyee you will see many complaints about them. Also regardless of that just because Buyee is partnered with Yahoo Japan Auctions doesn't mean that you can't name the other options. It makes a lot more sense to have a description of something that the majority or members actually use rather than MOJ or Oki and riderproxy.....

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Kai-V - Dec. 28, 2016

I name all the options in the "Where to buy Beyblade Burst products directly from Japan" thread. And personally, I have no complaints about Buyee and, instead, have had issues on the two occasions that I used Zenmarket...

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Bey Brad - Dec. 28, 2016

(Dec. 28, 2016  4:47 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I name all the options in the "Where to buy Beyblade Burst products directly from Japan" thread. And personally, I have no complaints about Buyee and, instead, have had issues on the two occasions that I used Zenmarket...

Sure, but you can have problems with any service. I've had at least 20 successful shipments made through ZenMarket for toys, clothes and other stuff. MOJ is certainly old hat at this point. Buyee is good too, though.

Clearly the information in the original post of this thread is outdated either way. Proxying is not hard the way it used to be, and every service has their own way of doing things. Anyone who has recommendations for info to add, just post it in here and we'll make sure it's updated.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Ultra - Dec. 28, 2016

(Dec. 28, 2016  5:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Sure, but you can have problems with any service. I've had at least 20 successful shipments made through ZenMarket for toys, clothes and other stuff. MOJ is certainly old hat at this point. Buyee is good too, though.

Clearly the information in the original post of this thread is outdated either way. Proxying is not hard the way it used to be, and every service has their own way of doing things. Anyone who has recommendations for info to add, just post it in here and we'll make sure it's updated.

I'll write something up for Zenmarket and probably Buyee too.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Kai-V - Jan. 12, 2017

I may have to completely discourage anyone from using Buyee either now, actually... I had won two items from the same Yahoo! Japan Auctions seller, and Buyee told me throughout the whole process, from winning to shipping, that there were two items, but as I finally received my package, only one copy was there. Despite paying for the consolidation fee during which they could clearly have verified that the item was indeed x2, they are telling me that they cannot do anything just because I did not purchase one of their insurance plans... They at least contacted the seller, and it might be his fault indeed, but one of the items could also be missing by their own fault...

Well, next step is Paypal.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Ultra - Jan. 12, 2017

@[Kai-V]
Was the consolidation just taking two packages and just putting them both in a bigger box? Because if it was they wouldn't have any reason to check the packages.

For me the only reason to use Buyee is that unlike seemingly every other proxy service you don't have to deposit the money first. Whereas with something like zenmarket if you don't win and then get your deposit refunded then it takes at least 7 days to get your money refunded into your paypal account. I had two things go wrong with Zenmarket but they one was a technical fault and the other was that the seller cancelled my bid around an hour before the auction ended. Even with these things I still think they are the best one to use. And cheap.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Yblader1 - Jan. 30, 2017

Guys I just wanna ask which middleman service is best/reliable and relatively cheap for combined orders through yja. I found many like jauce, buyee, moj, zenmarket but am conflicted between which one is best. Thx in advance for the help.

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - mj9 - Jan. 31, 2017

(Jan. 30, 2017  10:36 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: Guys I just wanna ask which middleman service is best/reliable and relatively cheap for combined orders through yja. I found many like jauce, buyee, moj, zenmarket but am conflicted between which one is best. Thx in advance for the help.

I prefer zen market but each to their own

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - Naru Blader - Jan. 31, 2017

I was just wondering how i would pay whatever middleman i choose to go with, for example if i went with Oki how would i pay him since i don't have PayPal?

RE: How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Jan. 31, 2017

(Jan. 31, 2017  11:08 PM)Naru Blader Wrote: I was just wondering how i would pay whatever middleman i choose to go with, for example if i went with Oki how would i pay him since i don't have PayPal?

I don't think there's any other way you can pay him but you could ask to use one of your parents paypal account