World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play (/Thread-The-Case-For-Banning-F230-From-Zero-G-Tournament-Play)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - Neo - Jul. 17, 2014

(Jul. 17, 2014  6:47 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Duo is much better in Standard from my understanding. Also Neo, Gattyaki is hard with any bey to perfect.

Trust me, I know. I was saying in general.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - RagerBlade - Jul. 17, 2014

(Jul. 17, 2014  7:26 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2014  6:47 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Duo is much better in Standard from my understanding. Also Neo, Gattyaki is hard with any bey to perfect.

Trust me, I know. I was saying in general.
Every time I try it's a late launch... Anyways back to topic.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - DrPepsidew - Jul. 17, 2014

Try not to add to it? But TBD, perhaps you could make a video demonstrating the launch techniques?

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - DRAGON KING - Jul. 17, 2014

Echizen and LMAO: I thought we were already discussing banning F230 from Cf/GCF ?

Also, why would anybody use a gattyaki with F230CF/GCF? Lol.

Ok I feel awkward posting here. Bye.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - 6 God - Jul. 17, 2014

(Jul. 17, 2014  4:39 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Echizen and LMAO: I thought we were already discussing banning F230 from Cf/GCF ?
He said it was a topic mentioned several times, but no one was currently debating it.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - DRAGON KING - Jul. 17, 2014

Well, that's what I've been supporting.

I wish the committee would just make a decision...

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - 6 God - Jul. 17, 2014

(Jul. 17, 2014  4:53 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Well, that's what I've been supporting.

I wish the committee would just make a decision...

You really can't just rush banning an entire part from a tournament. There's a lot of factors to consider. There's a lot of decisions that have to be made. It's certainly a process.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - RDF3 - Jul. 17, 2014

Well, why don't we ask the Toronto players to play it like the NC players do in their upcoming 20th of July tournament (which isn't very far ahead) and see if they got the same results? I'm getting all fixed up when the Toronto players get results that are somewhat contradictory to what I'd expect.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - Wombat - Jul. 17, 2014

(Jul. 17, 2014  5:10 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Well, why don't we ask the Toronto players to play it like the NC players do in their upcoming 20th of July tournament (which isn't very far ahead) and see if they got the same results? I'm getting all fixed up when the Toronto players get results that are somewhat contradictory to what I'd expect.

The NC tournament is on the 19th, and is Plastics/Standard, so no Zero-G... But maybe we should have Toronto and other areas have specific tournaments where some people purposefully abuse the combo, and post the results here. I'm not sure how many people would agree to this though, since it would more than likely involve sacrificing some points to get everyone on more or less the same page.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - LMAO - Jul. 17, 2014

Excuse me? Since when were results from "Toronto" bladers contradicting? You can't say Toronto bladers as all of us. We do know how to use F230, so no one should say that we have different results because we don't know how to use F230. We are as competitive as every other state. Kei can probably agree with this. I don't mean to sound rude I'm just stating what's necessary.

Also our upcoming tournament is Standard and HMS an there is no way we are changing the standard to Zero-G because Highpark Throwdown is a Torontonian tradition and we only have Standard format used. Either way if we did abuse F230 at another tournament that would be weird because we were told by other users to use it when we clearly already know how to and when to use it. Once again, I don't mean to sound rude.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - RagerBlade - Jul. 17, 2014

How do Toronto Bladers misuse F230? Not saying they do or don't but what are you saying that they do? Not bank it?

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - Wombat - Jul. 17, 2014

Sorry if I came off as rude also. What we mean is that while Kei and the other Toronto bladers' testing do not contradict themselves, they do present significantly different results than the rest of the community seems to get through the same methods. I have no doubts that you do know how to use F230 effectively, and if you are getting similar results to TheBlackDragon or anyone else in this thread that gets F230 to hit 80% or so against its supposed counters, then more power to you.

As a generalization, however, it seems to be mainly the Toronto bladers that are getting the significantly different results from F230 tests, which can only mean that they must be doing something different from the NC/VA/MD/CT bladers. Note that I'm not saying that they are doing anything wrong, or that they don't know how to use F230 properly, but in order to get different results there must be some difference that we have yet to find that causes one person to get 80% and another to get 50%. Of course it's impossible for everyone to conduct the exact same tests globally (launch strength, angle, part wear/variations, etc.), but an attempt should be made to try and control as many conditions as we can (like when Uwik told everyone to do these last few tests on cardboard).

I realize I didn't make it clear about the tournaments, and I apologize for that. I don't want you to change the format for your upcoming High Park Throwdown, because I understand that it's a Toronto tradition and should remain HMS and Standard (or whatever the host decides it to be). I was merely suggesting that these designated F230-spam tournaments happen some point in the future, because it would provide a more realistic scenario (In a real tournament, not everyone will be able to predict F230, use its counter, and shut it down every time). I never meant to offend you or anyone in Toronto, I was just making a suggestion.

The only way we can know for sure what they're doing different is to look at their videos and upload our own so they can follow our example as well.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - LMAO - Jul. 17, 2014

It's completely fine Wombat, I get what you're trying to say. Yeah, I'll put up results as well to compare it, but you guys also have to remember that when testing, never be bias and want a certain Bey to win because that can certainly account for some of the wins because someone may accidentally launch one Bey better than the other.

Also lord, I agree with that but my point was that us (Toronto bladers) should not have to follow anyones example especially if someone already knows how to use something.

Well if we are getting different results then someone's doing something wrong, and if Toronto's results are worse then it is probably (figure of speech) them. Again not trying to be rude.

EDIT: Also let's not refer to Toronto since some people in Toronto might actually use it properly, but they may not post test results. Instead let's just refer to the misusers as "misusers".

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - Tri - Jul. 17, 2014

I don't see how they are misusers at all. If anything, they're doing something right if they get better results against F230. I'm sure they use it just fine. No offense TheBlackDragon, but saying they aren't launching it properly is one of the worst arguments I've heard in this thread, especially when it could easily be you.

Comparing their results actually shows that NC is better, apparently. I haven't actually read through that completely, but I'm saying that either way. Whoever gets better results is the better user. So can anyone provide me with a quote on that since I haven't actually seen his post.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - Kai-V - Jul. 18, 2014

(Jul. 17, 2014  11:41 PM)Lord Wrote: Comparing their results actually shows that NC is better, apparently. I haven't actually read through that completely, but I'm saying that either way. Whoever gets better results is the better user. So can anyone provide me with a quote on that since I haven't actually seen his post.

What the hell ? You do not understand Beyblade at all, or even basic logic. If one side gets better results with Beyblade A and the other side gets better results with Beyblade B, then there is nothing difficult about that : the first side is better with Beyblade A and the second is better with Beyblade B, or one of them is doing something different. No one is better than the other.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - RagerBlade - Jul. 18, 2014

(Jul. 18, 2014  12:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2014  11:41 PM)Lord Wrote: Comparing their results actually shows that NC is better, apparently. I haven't actually read through that completely, but I'm saying that either way. Whoever gets better results is the better user. So can anyone provide me with a quote on that since I haven't actually seen his post.

What the hell ? You do not understand Beyblade at all, or even basic logic. If one side gets better results with Beyblade A and the other side gets better results with Beyblade B, then there is nothing difficult about that : the first side is better with Beyblade A and the second is better with Beyblade B, or one of them is doing something different. No one is better than the other.
That's what I said. I said which ever side gets better results use it better (better user). I asked to see his post, because I hadn't looked at the thread completely. I never said they are better just that they used it in the proper way.

I don't care if you lead the sight or not, but that came to me as rude. I'm just going to stay off the forums until I cool down. I don't understand Beyblade? I have placed 3 times in 5 tournaments and I definitely contribute. So that really pissed me off.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - DRAGON KING - Jul. 18, 2014

(Jul. 18, 2014  12:42 AM)Lord Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2014  12:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

That's what I said. I said which ever side gets better results use it better (better user). I asked to see his post, because I hadn't looked at the thread completely. I never said they are better just that they used it in the proper way.

I don't care if you lead the sight or not, but that came to me as rude. I'm just going to stay off the forums until I cool down. I don't understand Beyblade? I have placed 3 times in 5 tournaments and I definitely contribute. So that really pissed me off.
maybe one region used parts better against the beyblade and the other region doesn't. I could see why you see Kai-V's post as rude though.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - Kai-V - Jul. 18, 2014

Yo, the way you worded it, you definitely said the side with better F230 results was better, period, not "better users of it/F230". That is entirely different. If that is what you meant, alright, I overreacted, but you should be careful what you write, because there is already a lot of "Toronto Bladers don't know how to use F230 properly" going around for no good reason and what you posted seemed to reinforce that a lot. "NC is better" does not inherently mean the specific thing you wanted to say : those are three words, and they mean exactly the global thing it sounds like.

I know you are a good host, a good Blader, but when you posted that about how the people getting better F230 results were better overall ("better" with nothing after it in a sentence), it sure gave a sign you would not have understood half what you were supposed to. But as I mentioned, if you actually meant to say what I posted but just really did not word that properly, then we are all good.

EDIT : I sent a message to formally apologise to Lord : if we basically meant the same thing, then there is no problem, just a huge misunderstanding, hah. Still, it should be important to note that everyone could be equally good "users" of F230 combinations but that what varies is the use of the opposing Beyblades, so in that case, it might be best not to talk about anybody being better than anyone else ...

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - RagerBlade - Jul. 18, 2014

Yeah I definitely needed to work on that post. I really was rushing. I should take my time, especially on an important thread like this. Sorry about that Kai-V. I see why you could've gotten a little carried away. I would've really sounded dumb if I had actually meant what I said lol.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - DrPepsidew - Jul. 18, 2014

The purpose of the videos would be not to compare, but to copy then analyze the contrast based on how they, Toronto, or the east coast (conversely) launched within the film.

(Jul. 18, 2014  2:54 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: The purpose of the videos would be not to compare, but to copy then analyze the contrast based on how they, Toronto, or the east coast (conversely) launched within the film.
So we know how they get different results. It would be wise though that an NC Blader also upload his own video so Toronto Bladers know how they launch it as well, just to avoid confusion.

RE: The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play - geetster99 - Jul. 18, 2014

How about we wait for the video of gbt2 to be uploaded. That had both east cost and Toronto bladders the used f230 and would be the comparison that everyone wants