World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Limited Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Limited-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion (/Thread-MFB-Limited-Competitive-Customs-List-and-Public-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Dan - Mar. 07, 2016

(Mar. 07, 2016  5:26 AM)Wombat Wrote: One of the reason LTACs are so popular is because of Dark Knight, which as Cake said has amazing Upper Smash and an insane amount of reach. In the final match of my last tournament, I lost to Dark Knight 85MF using Flame 230CS because I underestimated just how high the crystal notch on top of it can reach, and in some of my other tests in this thread it destroyed a Scythe HTDC as well.

Dark Knight 85MF? Sounds super cool, apart from that though, with 230 in existence LTAC is risky as frick. Not really implying it shouldn't be used, but it's just a big chance to take. I'm honestly getting PTSD because Flame 230 for some god forsaken reason did so well for so long when it is easily KO'd by basically any top tier at 120 or above. It just escapes me why it would win anything unless you're only facing stamina or defense.

(Mar. 07, 2016  5:26 AM)Wombat Wrote: I only have one CH120 which is kinda shaky/loose, and it's from the Hasbro Dark Gasher, so this may be a true fact. I would suspect it's more of a part-to-part variation rather than being exclusive to a certain brand though (since CH120 only has 1 mold).

Could be. My Hasbro CH120 was perfectly fine and it was the very first released by Hasbro that other people had a lot of complaints about. IDK I've never had a problem with it. Guess it's luck.

(Mar. 07, 2016  5:26 AM)Wombat Wrote: I haven't tested Vulcan seriously yet (don't wanna scratch up the paint too badly) but I've played around with Quetz a lot and its Upper Smash can be pretty effective provided you get the height matchup correct. It's able to lift opponents off the ground using its slopes, which (as the anime has taught us all) nullifies whatever friction a rubber defense Tip has with the ground. Back when Libra was legal I could beat MF-H Libra R145RB fairly consistently using MF-H Quetzalcoatl 90RF in testing. I know @[Dual] has used Vulcan MF successfully, so it might be useful as a hybrid Attacker/Tornado Staller.
Dude just test it, it was super SUPER strong even at taller heights it worked well. Vulcan 85RF was probably one of the strongest things in MFB I've seen (I have a few of the newer Zero-G stuff and sure, they're strong but so much is attributed to that huge weight they pack). They aren't hard to find either. And yea, Quetz works, but again its low height and you need the right environment for it to work well. I'd be looking for more all around attack beys, ones that can hold their own at least moderately well against everything. Which is why I brought up LLD H145RF, it should be able to smack everything.

(Mar. 07, 2016  5:26 AM)Wombat Wrote: Similarly to what Mitsu said it may be due to people simply preferring R145 over H145 (or maybe because of 3 sided synergy). Don't think I've tried H145 extensively but I've used TR145 and it gives Lightning some LAD against opposite spin opponents.

Look into H145. They can break sometimes but that's a testament to their power. I mean I remember when me and bluez were getting LLD H145 to KO Basalt BD145. I'm pretty sure that's how i broke mine in the first place LOL. I'm not going to getting a H145 any time soon so yea I'd need someone else to try it, but know that H145 is a monster in my book.

(Mar. 07, 2016  5:26 AM)Wombat Wrote: I'm glad you mentioned it, since it's gotten a slight upgrade using some of the newer parts. I've tried and failed on multiple occasions to get other people to use it, and while I like it the prevalence of Dark Knight makes it too risky of a choice to be considered competitive, especially if you have a habit of picking the wrong side of the ridge to launch along.

By the way Dan are you going to be staying around or are you just dropping in for a bit? Either way it's nice to see one of the older members come back to posting actively again.
It's a tough type of bey to sell, it goes fast but its supposed to outlast stuff, its kinda niche, etc. but yea.
And yeah I'm sticking around. Probably not limited though. Not a fan of certain things being banned out I mean.. Scythe is still there but Gravity and Libra aren't? I don't have enough background on what has been going on but that's just cringe-y to me. Would take me more time than I'm willing to put in to propose what I think would be "good", and it would likely not change anything so I'll leave you guys to what you have now. Not bad, but not my kind of ideal lol. I'm going to try and focus on all the other series now. Maybe later. I'll post here and whatnot I guess, I mean I do know a few things, but I'm not going to look into combos or anything anymore.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Cake - Mar. 07, 2016

(Mar. 07, 2016  6:45 AM)Dan Wrote: And yeah I'm sticking around. Probably not limited though. Not a fan of certain things being banned out I mean.. Scythe is still there but Gravity and Libra aren't? I don't have enough background on what has been going on but that's just cringe-y to me. Would take me more time than I'm willing to put in to propose what I think would be "good", and it would likely not change anything so I'll leave you guys to what you have now. Not bad, but not my kind of ideal lol. I'm going to try and focus on all the other series now. Maybe later. I'll post here and whatnot I guess, I mean I do know a few things, but I'm not going to look into combos or anything anymore.

The Scythe that is Limited-legal is a crappy hollowed-out version released by Hasbro. It's nowhere near as good as the real deal.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLhSq3Ci-fKKtl52DDRLW...iDIxRkxwSS]

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Dan - Mar. 07, 2016

(Mar. 07, 2016  7:02 AM)Cake Wrote: The Scythe that is Limited-legal is a crappy hollowed-out version released by Hasbro. It's nowhere near as good as the real deal.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLhSq3Ci-fKKtl52DDRLW...iDIxRkxwSS]

Rest in pepperonis.
Also I looked back at one of the last posts I made on WBO at all, and it's actually what's going on here, 3 years later LOL. check it out.

guess i have alex to blame for making you all R145 converts

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - FIREFIRE CPB - Apr. 04, 2016

Anyone think, we should add Bahamadia in Dark Knight Graph/Girago 85RF?

I did some informal testing and found it work better then Girago or Graph

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - jonahblader13 - Apr. 04, 2016

(Apr. 04, 2016  9:22 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Anyone think, we should add Bahamadia in Dark Knight Graph/Girago 85RF?

I'm not sure. The width of Bahamdia might work against DK. DK Girago 85R2F totally kills MTDCs and Bahamdia may not.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - SoSteve - Apr. 04, 2016

What is the tip that was banned before but now isn't?

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - jonahblader13 - Apr. 04, 2016

(Apr. 04, 2016  4:08 PM)SoSteve Wrote: What is the tip that was banned before but now isn't?

RS (rubber spike) and RB (rubber ball) were both banned at a time but aren't now.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - SoSteve - Apr. 04, 2016

(Apr. 04, 2016  4:09 PM)jonahblader13 Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  4:08 PM)SoSteve Wrote: What is the tip that was banned before but now isn't?

RS (rubber spike) and RB (rubber ball) were both banned at a time but aren't now.

Thank you!

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - FIREFIRE CPB - Apr. 05, 2016

(Apr. 04, 2016  4:07 PM)jonahblader13 Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  9:22 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Anyone think, we should add Bahamadia in Dark Knight Graph/Girago 85RF?

I'm not sure. The width of Bahamdia might work against DK. DK Girago 85R2F totally kills MTDCs and Bahamdia may not.

Oh. But still i will try doing some tests.

Sorry. I mean it's on par level with Girago not better Tongue_out

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - FIREFIRE CPB - Apr. 07, 2016

I did some tests on substitute chrome wheel on Dark Knight LTAC

spoilt-spoiler (Click to View)
from my observation (Click to View)
Sorry for double post and worst English

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Mitsu - Apr. 07, 2016

Thanks for the tests! I've never really tested Dark Knight Pegasis LTAC personally, but I like Girago because of it's increased stamina and the late-game KOs it could get. Did you find that Pegasis was similar to Girago in doing this?

EDIT: Just realized you tested against GB145 defense. You would probably get more accurate results with defense at a 85-100 or TH170-230 height. MTDCs essentially became useless since Libra's ban. Tongue_out

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - FIREFIRE CPB - Apr. 07, 2016

(Apr. 07, 2016  10:02 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Thanks for the tests! I've never really tested Dark Knight Pegasis LTAC personally, but I like Girago because of it's increased stamina and the late-game KOs it could get. Did you find that Pegasis was similar to Girago in doing this?

Thanks Mitsu!

girago definitely have better stamina. But i found Pegasis is better at late KOing and it should do better against LTDC as pegais have higher recoil/smash then girago

Also i did some informal test with balro and wyvang. Wyvang was ok but Balro did very good as OHKO, but not as good Girago or Pegasis

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Thunder Dome - Apr. 07, 2016

(Apr. 07, 2016  9:52 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: I did some tests on substitute chrome wheel on Dark Knight LTAC

Why 19, 9 and then once again 9 rounds? Honestly those are really random numbers, the tests would appear it a little better and more accurate if you would've at least done 10. Also might want to word your post more carefully, Dark Knight Pegasis is very different from Pegasis Dark Knight, might want to double check you put the correct thing since you were using Dark Knight on top all the time. Also Mitsu is definitely right, MTDC's are pretty meh now, definitely try against LTDC and HTDC's. Using MTDC's aren't bad for comparing the wheels, but it would be a lot better if you tested against more relevant combinations.

(Apr. 07, 2016  10:58 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2016  9:52 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: I did some tests on substitute chrome wheel on Dark Knight LTAC

Why 19, 9 and then once again 9 rounds? Honestly those are really random numbers, the tests would appear it a little better and more accurate if you would've at least done 10. Also might want to word your post more carefully, Dark Knight Pegasis is very different from Pegasis Dark Knight, might want to double check you put the correct thing since you were using Dark Knight on top all the time. Also Mitsu is definitely right, MTDC's are pretty meh now, definitely try against LTDC and HTDC's. Using MTDC's aren't bad for comparing the wheels, but it would be a lot better if you tested against more relevant combinations.

Oh lol. When round 20 comes in beytest app, i thought test is finished. Sorry for chaos. I will be careful next time

Yeah i was thinking same. I will test against HTDC and LTDC tomorrow.

BTW. I did some informal testing against LTDC. Pegasis did better then Girago

I will post them tomorrow night

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - FIREFIRE CPB - Apr. 08, 2016

Sorry for double post. I will not double post again

MSF-H Pegasis Dark Knight DF105LRF vs. Earth Leone 85RB
EL always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
PDK: 15 (0 OS, 15 KO)
EL: 6 (4 OS, 2 KO)
PDK Win %: 71.4%

bey that had faster acceleration after first hit was winning battle. if Earth start moving after first hit and before pegasis. Pegasis was unable to KO it or get Push KO

Girago Dark Knight DF105R2F vs. Earth Leone 85RB
GDK: 12 (1 OS, 11 KO)
EL: 9 (5 OS, 4 KO)
GDK Win %: 57.1%

KOs were Push KO at tornado ridge.

Can somebody test PDK against HTDC?

I have to study for exam so i can't test

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Thunder Dome - Apr. 08, 2016

(Apr. 08, 2016  8:23 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Sorry for double post. I will not double post again

bey that had faster acceleration after first hit was winning battle. if Earth start moving after first hit and before pegasis. Pegasis was unable to KO it or get Push KO

What condition was your RB in?

Also if you have the time I would be interested to see what happens when you launch Dark Knight Attack first. This was an idea thrown up a while ago and it's still pretty cool, what if instead of launching the beyblade that isn't the attack type first why not just alternate launches still? In a competitive beyblade tournament you can not launch directly at your opponents top with a flawless sliding shoot in testings, if anything this just misleads others and honestly gives some kinda insufficient tests because it really doesn't relate to a competitive environment at all. All this is doing is giving a false representation of the attack type to a certain extent.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - FIREFIRE CPB - Apr. 08, 2016

(Apr. 08, 2016  8:55 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2016  8:23 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Sorry for double post. I will not double post again

What condition was your RB in?

Semi-Worn

Edit:- i used MSF with Girago too. Sorry

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Mitsu - Apr. 08, 2016

Nothing wrong with double-posting if your posting something valuable. Thanks again! Smile

Like Wyvang, it definitely seems Pegasis has more raw attack power. Girago has less, but it's stamina seems to compensate for it.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - FIREFIRE CPB - Apr. 09, 2016

Lol i can't stop me from doing some more test against LTAC

i want to make clear that all KOs that Earth performed were Wall saves

and i didn't used Cygnus or RS because i'm not in home. but i can still do if you wish

MSF Pegasis Dark Knight DF105LRF vs. Earth Aqurio 230RB
EA always launched first.
PDK: 7 (0 OS, 7 KO)
EA: 2 (2 OS, 0 KO)
PDK Win %: 77.8%

i stoped test here as winner was obvious.

MSF Girago Dark Knight DF105LRF vs. Earth Aqurio 230RB
EA always launched first.
GDK: 6 (0 OS, 6 KO)
EA: 3 (2 OS, 1 KO)
GDK Win %: 66.7%

tbh. both were performing equally well here. but Girago had bit more power behind smash of Ronin

Pegasis got more win rate because of wall saves

Edit:-sorry for 9 tests

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Sapphire - May. 05, 2016

I had a question. I know that Ray, Vulcan, and Scew aren't necessarily top tier even in this category, but is this correct?

Pegasis/Lightning>Screw>Vulcan>Ray>Storm

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Kai-V - May. 05, 2016

Personally, when it came out I doubt Screw was better than Vulcan.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Cake - May. 05, 2016

I'd almost put Vulcan at top-tier, personally. I'm still not impressed with Screw, though; it's got nice Upper Attack, but it usually has to get underneath opponents to land solid hits, while most top-tier Attack wheels can handle attacking same-height opponents just fine. I would rank them:

[Top-tier] > Vulcan > Screw >> Ray >> Storm

">>" indicates that the part is much better than the next one.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Sapphire - May. 05, 2016

Thanks for replying guys. I wasn't completely sure for myself, but I've heard very good things about Screw in the past, and I wasn't too impressed with Vulcan before, but that's probably a placebo. I'm going to start testing out various combos using those wheels (and of course many others), because I really want to become more active on this forum and in Beyblade in general. I might start testing the Aquario and L-Drago metal system wheels, since those seem like they have potential but haven't been looked at too much.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - ForZ - May. 28, 2016

Hey guys, I noticed that for the 4th competitive listing under the defensive category the Leone clear wheel is used. I was always under the impression that Leone was a sub-par wheel that was too light and a little unstable. Does Leone have some synergy with Bakushin I don't know about? I assume that it's not put there for no reason.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Hato - May. 28, 2016

(May. 28, 2016  1:50 AM)ForZ Wrote: Hey guys, I noticed that for the 4th competitive listing under the defensive category the Leone clear wheel is used. I was always under the impression that Leone was a sub-par wheel that was too light and a little unstable. Does Leone have some synergy with Bakushin I don't know about? I assume that it's not put there for no reason.

Leone lines up nicely with Bakushin, and it is probably the best option.