World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Limited Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Limited-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16) (/Thread-MFB-Limited-Ban-List-Discussion-v1-5-9-20-16)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Tri - Aug. 31, 2015

Wyvang > Omega for me when it comes to using RB and RSF for attack. It seems so much more consistent, although I do recall getting much better results than Thunder Dome's when using Omega. It's so strange to hear different regional results between areas like NC and Ontario.

still mostly an RF user, but I've practised a ridiculous amount with it to where I wouldn't play it safe with RSF or RB (Not implying they take no skill)

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Cake - Aug. 31, 2015

I'm going to do some tests on RB Attack, since that's the tip I've had the most success with in the past (my RSF adamantly refuses to go aggro Tongue_out )

First, a quick benchmark because it's been ages since I last played with Limited:

MF-H Libra GB145RSF vs MF Lightning L-Drago 85RF
Libra wins: 9/20 (0 KO, 2 OS, 7 wins because LLD ran out of the stadium)
Lightning wins: 11/20 (9 KO, 2 OS)
Lightning %: 55%
Detailed results:
Clearly, my skills are pretty rusty. RF can be hard to control on lighter combos, which pretty much translates to "all of Limited". RB, on the other hand, is quite a bit easier to subdue.

Now, the same Libra combo against the same Lightning combo, but using RB instead of RF:
MF-H Libra GB145RSF vs MF Lightning L-Drago 85RB
Libra wins: 4/20 (1 KO, 1 OS, 2 wins because LLD ran out of the stadium)
Lightning wins: 16/20 (8 KO, 8 OS)
Lightning %: 80%
Detailed results:
At one point I had some tests that I was going to post in this thread, but apparently I never actually posted them. I was going to cross-reference with them here, but since they don't exist, that won't be happening.

With RF, the challenge is toning down its inherent aggressiveness and forcing it into that nice tight flower pattern. With RB, you have the opposite challenge - take a tip that really isn't terribly interested in doing much moving around and get it to fly around the stadium as much as possible.

With RF, you typically control its movement by banking.
Beywiki Wrote:Banking is a type of shooting technique in which the launcher is positioned so that the base of your Beyblade is parallel with the angle of the Beystadium. Doing this will: increase the stability of the Beyblade, aid in maintaining an aggressive, flower-pattern movement and control Beyblades with fast moving tips from exiting the Beystadium.

With RB, banking your shot will generally cause it to Tornado Stall, or simply do nothing and slide to the center of the stadium. Instead, you want to do a reverse bank - angle your launcher so that the Beyblade lands on a point close to the edge of RB's rubber. This will translate your Beyblade's angular momentum into linear speed very effectively. However, you do need to get the angle right, as changing the angle will also change the direction of motion as soon as RB contacts the floor. For left-spin Beyblades like LLD, tilt your launcher back and to the left slightly. For right-spin, bank back and to the right. When done correctly, this should cause your Beyblade to shoot forwards through the center of the Stadium at high speed, then begin looping back before touching the wall, settling into a flower pattern.

I'm interested how other people who have had success with RB Attack perform their launches. ( @[Kei], maybe? ) Reverse banking is the best I've been able to come up with, but if there's a better method out there, I would like to know Smile

Anyways, on to actually discussing the tests:
Comparing RF and RB, it's pretty clear that I had a much easier time handling RB. I got fewer KOs, sure, but with more practice I expect that both RF and RB would be getting a higher fraction of KOs. I doubt RB would ever have as many KOs as RF would (given an infinite data set), but where RB really shines is in its ability to not kill itself all the time. Botch a launch with RF, and you are more than likely going to either self-KO or get OSed. Make a mistake with RB, and you probably won't go flying out of the stadium, and furthermore will have a pretty good chance of OSing your opponent anyways. Essentially, an RB/RSF attacker is trading a little bit of offensive effectiveness for relative safety against Defense.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Mitsu - Sep. 02, 2015

Here are some testings I did recently with Libra 90RS put against competitive attack combos. Pretty insane results I got with Omega, though. It had performed very well.

I'd say the other attack combos could have definitely done a bit better, but even then, I find Omega is a far superior option to other options for attack. Even though I found Dark Knight Girago got very little KO's, I still, however, find it to be very versatile against LTDC and HTDC. If it doesn't KO, them, it still has a very good chance at out-spinning.

Right now, here's where I stand. I'd say we can ban Omega, and from there we can maybe even then ban Libra as Scythe, Bakushin and Earth LTDC would most likely be able to handle attack without Omega. I have grown to like RSF and RB for attack, but put aside being more controllable than a Rubber Flat variant, I don't think they're anymore ban worthy than one of them. I think Dark Knight may even be worth considering for a ban, too, because of it's versatility against attack, but I don't know. I think it would really need a rounder shape or a wide diameter Chrome Wheel to have a good chance of getting that alternative out-spin. If we were to ban a piece, we should ban it as a whole.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Hato - Sep. 02, 2015

Mitsu Wrote:I'd say we can ban Omega
Probably safe to say that it is ban worthy.

Very surprised with all the KOs from Omega. What mode was Omega in; Assault? Also, for the other testings, did Libra get any wall saves?

Mitsu Wrote:We can maybe even then ban Libra as Scythe, Bakushin and Earth LTDC would most likely be able to handle attack
I honestly have mixed feelings on Libra. My opinion is ban Omega, and see how Libra and Limited format preform from there.

Mitsu Wrote:I think Dark Knight may even be worth considering for a ban, too, because of it's versatility against attack, but I don't know. If we were to ban a piece, we should ban it as a whole.
Just decided to not to copy the whole thing and take these parts as this is what I will focus on;

Dark Knight with Girago is able to (semi-consistently(?)) KO against Defense, and if it doesn't, it would still be able to OS. As said, really versatile combo. But I don't think banning it just yet would really be great. I feel that if Libra gets banned (even if the reason isn't versatility, versatile wheel banned), then Dark Knight should go too; just now I see it, if DK was unbanned, then I think it could beat Defense consistently. Also, one versatile wheel gone, why not another one. But I'm going to wait to give a solid ban or no ban answer when the time rolls around that we can see how Limited is affected.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Cake - Sep. 02, 2015

(Sep. 02, 2015  5:44 PM)Hato Wrote:
Mitsu Wrote:I'd say we can ban Omega
Probably safe to say that it is ban worthy.
I definitely agree here, haha. I would say that LTDC Libra is the strongest possible Defense combo against Omega, and Omega still beat it by a significant margin.

(Sep. 02, 2015  5:44 PM)Hato Wrote:
Mitsu Wrote:I think Dark Knight may even be worth considering for a ban, too, because of it's versatility against attack, but I don't know. If we were to ban a piece, we should ban it as a whole.
Just decided to not to copy the whole thing and take these parts as this is what I will focus on;

Dark Knight with Girago is able to (semi-consistently(?)) KO against Defense, and if it doesn't, it would still be able to OS. As said, really versatile combo. But I don't think banning it just yet would really be great. I feel that if Libra gets banned (even if the reason isn't versatility, versatile wheel banned), then Dark Knight should go too; just now I see it, if DK was unbanned, then I think it could beat Defense consistently. Also, one versatile wheel gone, why not another one. But I'm going to wait to give a solid ban or no ban answer when the time rolls around that we can see how Limited is affected.

I would like to point out that Dark Knight combos do really badly against LTDC. Most of Dark Knight's KOing power is, of course, in Dark Knight itself; if it can't get underneath its opponent, it really can't do anything. Dark Knight LTAC is really, really effective against 145-height opponents, but it's also not too hard to counter, either.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Kei - Sep. 07, 2015

The Limited Format Banlist v1.4 has just been announced! View the details here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Limited-Format-Ban-List-Update-v1-4-Effective-September-10th

What does everyone think? How do you think the metagame will change as a result of these new changes?

To be honest, I'm a little worried about Defense with Libra gone, but given it's undeniable dominance since the introduced of Limited Format, it had to finally go. It was too versatile. We also have RS now, and Omega is gone, so hopefully things will balance themselves out. I expect Dark Knight and Lightning to put forth a strong showing though, given that they tend to have a better time handling RS than right-spin Attack types do.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Thunder Dome - Sep. 07, 2015

I personally think it was good to ban both Libra and Omega at the same time as banning one over the other would've led to the one unbanned to rule the meta. I think it will definitely throw the meta around for a bit of a loop for a bit. I predict the majority of defense will be force to go low track without Libra (honestly mid-height defense is probably going to be even less existent than it was already). Bakushin LTDC's seem like the way to go honestly, but we'll see.

I feel like you have more options with right spin attack now. Before it felt like you either used Omega or you didn't use right spin attack. Now it feels like there are so many more options. Screw, Vulcan, Cosmic, Pegasus and probably some more. I'm really interested into seeing how they all fit them selves into the meta.

Hopefully this will give some more fresh life to limited, I feel like this was a good call for the long run!

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - MissingNo. - Sep. 07, 2015

I'm totally against the Omega ban. It is not that powerfull, nor a menace for most of stamina/defense customizations, from my own experience.

(Sep. 07, 2015  9:57 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I'm totally against the Omega ban. It is not that powerfull, nor a menace for most of stamina/defense customizations, from my own experience.

Thunder Dome has it right:

(Sep. 07, 2015  9:55 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I feel like you have more options with right spin attack now. Before it felt like you either used Omega or you didn't use right spin attack. Now it feels like there are so many more options. Screw, Vulcan, Cosmic, Pegasus and probably some more. I'm really interested into seeing how they all fit them selves into the meta.

Before, there was basically no reason to use any other right-spin Attack Wheels. With Omega gone, the playing field for right-spin Attack is a little bit more wide open.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Mitsu - Sep. 07, 2015

Very happy with the ban list! Libra was just way too versatile and I'm really glad to see it gone!

Personally, Bakushin is probably as of now the best option for LTDC defense, but I also feel as without Libra, we may as well completely remove MTDC and from defense. As far as I know, they are KO'ed very easily by attack (more left-spin attack than right though). With Libra's extra weight and especially now with RS unbanned, it made it harder for things like Dark Knight and Lightning to KO. With Libra gone, I don't feel as things like Scythe and Earth MTDC are necessary to have up there.

Also totally agree with what Thunder Dome said. Now with Omega gone, there's going to be more diversity for a competitive player when choosing right-spin attack, rather than just going Omega. I'd be very happy if we see more of things like Pegasis and Screw because of the ban.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Leone19 - Sep. 07, 2015

I'm pretty dissapointed with Libra being gone, since it wasn't thay difficult to defeat. With Omega gone too, I'm hoping Defense won't suffer too much... aside from Ronin LTAC, haha.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - 1234beyblade - Sep. 07, 2015

YESSS WOOHOO bye bye Libruhhh and omega you won't be missed by me Smile

Time to test Infinity!

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Leone19 - Sep. 07, 2015

(Sep. 07, 2015  10:33 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: YESSS WOOHOO bye bye Libruhhh and omega you won't be missed by me Smile

Time to test Infinity!

Surprisingly, when I tested it a while back, it did decently in a Stamina setup (230 D).

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Mitsu - Sep. 07, 2015

UltimateOrion had mentioned to me Jade in Defense; maybe that's something worth looking into. I don't own a Jade myself, but how do you guys feel about it? Something Like MF-H Jade 90RSF or MF-H Jade CH120RF maybe be pretty interesting.

Chief - Hmm ...

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Siⱺn - Sep. 07, 2015

okay... I did research, And I found that the bb-96 mold of libra is hollowed out and lighter than the other molds. Maybe the bb-96 can be an exception? I don't have an older mold of libra, but I do have bb-96 if someone can do a comparative thread.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Cake - Sep. 07, 2015

I'm thinking that Jade Anti-Attack might be a good idea. Jade has a lot of Attack potential, and it's also one of the heavier Wheels in Limited. Jade LTDC may also be workable, but Jade's super aggressive underside means that any mid-height setup will take a lot of recoil.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Jinbee - Sep. 07, 2015

Infinity huh? Yeah I actually did well using a random combo Infinity SA165WD, for some reason, though it doesn't really mean much. I am just excited to see how Infinity does.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - 6 God - Sep. 07, 2015

(Sep. 07, 2015  11:02 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Infinity huh? Yeah I actually did well using a random combo Infinity SA165WD, for some reason, though it doesn't really mean much. I am just excited to see how Infinity does.

Well, you did have SA165 on it. Wink

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Hato - Sep. 07, 2015

(Sep. 07, 2015  10:54 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: okay... I did research, And I found that the bb-96 mold of libra is hollowed out and lighter than the other molds. Maybe the bb-96 can be an exception? I don't have an older mold of libra, but I do have bb-96 if someone can do a comparative thread.

Even then Libra is still good. It's a completely round wheel. Really think banning the whole thing was. Smile

Yeah, Jade is a more interesting part now. Nothing else really in it's weight class with Libra and Omega gone.

(Sep. 07, 2015  10:25 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I'm pretty dissapointed with Libra being gone, since it wasn't thay difficult to defeat. With Omega gone too, I'm hoping Defense won't suffer too much... aside from Ronin LTAC, haha.

The point isn't that Libra was difficult or wasn't difficult to defeat; the point is that it was too versatile.

(Sep. 07, 2015  10:33 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: YESSS WOOHOO bye bye Libruhhh and omega you won't be missed by me Smile

Time to test Infinity!

says the guy who spammed omega and libra at the last tournament Tongue_out

Haha, Infinity? I don't know about that ...

(Sep. 07, 2015  10:54 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: okay... I did research, And I found that the bb-96 mold of libra is hollowed out and lighter than the other molds. Maybe the bb-96 can be an exception? I don't have an older mold of libra, but I do have bb-96 if someone can do a comparative thread.

It is indeed lighter, and the mold is more aggressive because of changes to the underside of the Wheel. Each of the several Libra molds has different qualities that make it better suited for Defense, Stamina, or Attack than other molds, but in the end, they are all similarly powerful.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - jonahblader13 - Sep. 08, 2015

Man..... I never got a chance to get any of the newly banned parts and I will never use it in a tournament. But I'm kinda glad. The parts I do have I will be able to test out now!!! I'll get some testing done soon.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Zoroaste - Sep. 08, 2015

Yeah libra is pretty expensive. You saved some money there. I was contemplating getting the booster version too because all I have is the super deck version, but i'm glad I didn't now.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Cake - Sep. 08, 2015

(Sep. 07, 2015  10:41 PM)Mitsu Wrote: UltimateOrion had mentioned to me Jade in Defense; maybe that's something worth looking into. I don't own a Jade myself, but how do you guys feel about it? Something Like MF-H Jade 90RSF or MF-H Jade CH120RF maybe be pretty interesting.

Chief - Hmm ...

I'm going to get to work on testing this now. I'll probably have them posted in a little over an hour.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - RagerBlade - Sep. 08, 2015

(Sep. 07, 2015  11:02 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Infinity huh? Yeah I actually did well using a random combo Infinity SA165WD, for some reason, though it doesn't really mean much. I am just excited to see how Infinity does.

(Sep. 07, 2015  11:05 PM)Echizen Wrote:

Well, you did have SA165 on it. Wink
I actually tested it at one point and it didn't do that bad as a replacement for Libra.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - 1234beyblade - Sep. 08, 2015

(Sep. 07, 2015  11:39 PM)Kei Wrote:

Time to test Infinity!

says the guy who spammed omega and libra at the last tournament Tongue_out

Haha, Infinity? I don't know about that ...

Just because I spammed it doesn't mean I liked using it Andrew

And about Infinity... it's trash... lol