World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Limited Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Limited-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16) (/Thread-MFB-Limited-Ban-List-Discussion-v1-5-9-20-16)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - th!nk - Mar. 02, 2014

(Mar. 02, 2014  2:40 PM)Maximum Dranzer Wrote: just asking generally if the new ban list be followed for the qualifiers and all?

Uh... We would not make an update and have a newspost saying it takes effect immediately were it not going to be used for tournaments from that point onwards, so yes, it would.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Leone 7 - Mar. 02, 2014

Can I use pre hybrid libra

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - DRAGON KING - Mar. 02, 2014

(Mar. 02, 2014  7:35 PM)Leone7 Wrote: Can I use pre hybrid libra

It's the Metal System Libra, and yes, you can use it.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Ryker Kurogane - Mar. 03, 2014

So does this mean that none of the 4D bottoms are banned?

Also, how come there are never any qualifiers in Florida? Nothing good ever goes on down here.... Uncertain

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - 6 God - Mar. 03, 2014

Only 4D metal wheels, so yes. Either someone capable of hosting has A) not found enough people or B) hasn't attempted strongly enough to do so.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - DRAGON KING - Mar. 03, 2014

(Mar. 03, 2014  3:05 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Only 4D metal wheels, so yes. Either someone capable of hosting has A) not found enough people or B) hasn't attempted strongly enough to do so.
Omega and Jade aren't banned though.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - th!nk - Mar. 03, 2014

Guys the ban list is *right there* in the first post - I am really not sure how it could be any more clear or specific in the cases you are asking about...

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - HadesPisces2210 - Mar. 06, 2014

How about this:Thermal Aquario S130 D.
It isn't exactly a stamina combo(more of a balance), but it spins for 181 seconds.
It's almost a match for my Hades Kerbecs BD145 MB.
ALMOST...

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - th!nk - Mar. 06, 2014

(Mar. 06, 2014  8:00 AM)HadesPisces2210 Wrote: How about this:Thermal Aquario S130 D.
It isn't exactly a stamina combo(more of a balance), but it spins for 181 seconds.
It's almost a match for my Hades Kerbecs BD145 MB.
ALMOST...

This is not a thread for suggesting random combinations you think are strong to be banned. We have procedures for testing combinations, you should read this: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Posting-Test-Results
And the sticky in this subforum that says "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS" or similar.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Ryker Kurogane - Mar. 10, 2014

(Mar. 03, 2014  3:05 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Only 4D metal wheels, so yes. Either someone capable of hosting has A) not found enough people or B) hasn't attempted strongly enough to do so.
So basically, it's implied here that Bearing Drive is uncompetitive? Someone needs to do their homework. Tired

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - th!nk - Mar. 10, 2014

(Mar. 10, 2014  1:04 PM)Raiden Kurogane Wrote:
So basically, it's implied here that Bearing Drive is uncompetitive? Someone needs to do their homework. Tired

Yes, someone does need to do their homework, especially before saying others need to do so based on incorrect assumptions.

We don't ban things for being competitive, otherwise we wouldn't have a format at all, because if you remove enough parts anything can become competitive. The format is based around the weight range of the earlier MFB releases and around those releases in general, as prior to the maximum series, bar one or two parts here and there, the game was well balanced and the weight range is overall pretty similar, providing a strong enough foundation to build a format around.
There's more about it in the starting posts of the various stickied threads in this subforum, which I'd suggest you should read.

You also don't seem to understand the process involved in determining that sort of thing anyway - it is a thorough one, and as such sometimes it does take time - but with the size of the userbase in this forum, we generally do quite a good job of finding parts that are too powerful (and finding competitive parts in general).

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - The Ninja - Mar. 11, 2014

Why is Gravity banned? I understand that it can supply extremely powerful hits/attacks, but so can any other attack wheel. It is also only 33.8 grams, being 2 grams heavier from the 2nd heaviest legal metal wheel of limited, and Jade being about 5 grams more than Gravity.

Also, I am seeing many people win tournaments with Duo. Is Duo now legal, or is are they using a Metal Fury version?

Also, I know that many of you will get mad at me, but I believe that Jade should become banned because of it's extreme weight. It is way over-powered and can supply extreme hits if in the right mode.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - DRAGON KING - Mar. 11, 2014

Mainly because it's extremely good on F230(G)CF. Not any other attack wheel is as good as gravity, plus it being dual spin is just too much power for this format.

Metal fury version.

Really? Provide tests. Testing has shown it's not OP enough to have to be banned.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - th!nk - Mar. 11, 2014

(Mar. 11, 2014  9:36 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: Why is Gravity banned? I understand that it can supply extremely powerful hits/attacks, but so can any other attack wheel. It is also only 33.8 grams, being 2 grams heavier from the 2nd heaviest legal metal wheel of limited, and Jade being about 5 grams more than Gravity.

Also, I am seeing many people win tournaments with Duo. Is Duo now legal, or is are they using a Metal Fury version?

Also, I know that many of you will get mad at me, but I believe that Jade should become banned because of it's extreme weight. It is way over-powered and can supply extreme hits if in the right mode.

It's also extroadinarily capable as a spin stealer (so Gravity Perseus F230GCF was rampant) and a lot more reliable than most other Attack wheels, to the point it dominated usage in a lot of places. I was neutral on it, but I can understand the decision. There was extensive discussion before the ban that you can look into if interested, further back in this thread.

What did I say in the winning combos thread?

I'm not mad, but I believe very strongly that you're wrong. It's no more powerful offensively than Metal System Pegasis, thanks to the atrocious recoil and lack of upward aggression. It was originally banned, but was recently unbanned because it really isn't threatening. Attack types don't fare nearly as well in tournaments as they do in testing etc anyway. I own one and I'm still using Pegasis instead.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - The Ninja - Mar. 11, 2014

(Mar. 11, 2014  9:44 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2014  9:36 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: Why is Gravity banned? I understand that it can supply extremely powerful hits/attacks, but so can any other attack wheel. It is also only 33.8 grams, being 2 grams heavier from the 2nd heaviest legal metal wheel of limited, and Jade being about 5 grams more than Gravity.

It's also extroadinarily capable as a spin stealer (so Gravity Perseus F230GCF was rampant) and a lot more reliable than most other Attack wheels, to the point it dominated usage in a lot of places. I was neutral on it, but I can understand the decision. There was extensive discussion before the ban that you can look into if interested, further back in this thread.

What did I say in the winning combos thread?

I'm not mad, but I believe very strongly that you're wrong. It's no more powerful offensively than Metal System Pegasis, thanks to the atrocious recoil and lack of upward aggression. It was originally banned, but was recently unbanned because it really isn't threatening. Attack types don't fare nearly as well in tournaments as they do in testing etc anyway. I own one and I'm still using Pegasis instead.
Thank you so much. I just don't feel like Gravity should be banned, and I have not read your response in the winning combo post either. I also was just going with science and weight facts with the Jade parts.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - th!nk - Mar. 11, 2014

I love gravity and I'd love if it weren't banned but it sure made an impression in the first couple of tournaments, their winning combos were wall to wall gravity. Died down a bit after that but it's still generally agreed upon that gravity F230CF/GCF was too strong, and given the length of the banlist I think we want to avoid making it too complicated with say a complex ban on that particular setup or the like. We might look at introducing it again in future, if the metagame changes in a way where it's no longer problematic.

The way I see Jade is that it spends something like 7g of its total weight on making its recoil even remotely acceptable. So it performs more like a 32g wheel than a 39g wheel in most matchups (Jade attack v lightning attack is the only case I've found where its actual weight is noticeable).

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Ryker Kurogane - Mar. 16, 2014

Is anyone going to actually use the lightweight metal wheels from the Metal Fury line? I think competition involving those would be interesting, as I'm sure at least someone will be using them.

(Mar. 10, 2014  2:29 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2014  1:04 PM)Raiden Kurogane Wrote:

Yes, someone does need to do their homework, especially before saying others need to do so based on incorrect assumptions.

We don't ban things for being competitive, otherwise we wouldn't have a format at all, because if you remove enough parts anything can become competitive. The format is based around the weight range of the earlier MFB releases and around those releases in general, as prior to the maximum series, bar one or two parts here and there, the game was well balanced and the weight range is overall pretty similar, providing a strong enough foundation to build a format around.
There's more about it in the starting posts of the various stickied threads in this subforum, which I'd suggest you should read.

You also don't seem to understand the process involved in determining that sort of thing anyway - it is a thorough one, and as such sometimes it does take time - but with the size of the userbase in this forum, we generally do quite a good job of finding parts that are too powerful (and finding competitive parts in general).

Judging by the response you had to my earlier comment, I'm guessing you've never heard a joke before. Yes, I did read the original post, thank you very much.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - DRAGON KING - Mar. 16, 2014

Metal fury Duo, scythe, cosmic etc. are very competitive....

It didn't sound like a joke :\. It sounded like you were serious, so th!nk corrected you.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Leone19 - Mar. 16, 2014

If you were just joking in that post, why post it?

A lot of Metal Fury Wheels are competitive, aside from what The Libra King said, Beat is also very good for Attack.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - th!nk - Mar. 16, 2014

(Mar. 16, 2014  3:06 PM)Raiden Kurogane Wrote: Is anyone going to actually use the lightweight metal wheels from the Metal Fury line? I think competition involving those would be interesting, as I'm sure at least someone will be using them.
[snip]
Judging by the response you had to my earlier comment, I'm guessing you've never heard a joke before. Yes, I did read the original post, thank you very much.

If that was a joke then I think you need to work on your delivery, buddy.

Anyway, this is not the question and answers thread for Limited, now I could link you to it, but honestly, I think you should browse around and find it, because maybe you'll find answers to all of your questions and more in doing so. I say this because of your opening paragraph which starts with a flawed premise and goes from there - or is that just another of your wacky comedic stylings, Raiden Kurogane?

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - RDF3 - Mar. 16, 2014

I know I already mentioned Fusion already- but is there even a slight chance it might get unbanned?

Personally, I never use it much but on defense mode (rubber up) especially on RB/RSF it's broken like bringing a gun to a wrestling match-overkill.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Leone19 - Mar. 16, 2014

(Mar. 16, 2014  5:33 PM)RDF3 Wrote: I know I already mentioned Fusion already- but is there even a slight chance it might get unbanned?

Personally, I never use it much but on defense mode (rubber up) especially on RB/RSF it's broken like bringing a gun to a wrestling match-overkill.

If it's as broken as you just made it sound, I doubt it'd be unbanned.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Ryker Kurogane - Mar. 18, 2014

(Mar. 16, 2014  3:27 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote: Metal fury Duo, scythe, cosmic etc. are very competitive....

It didn't sound like a joke :\. It sounded like you were serious, so th!nk corrected you.
I apologize for the miscommunication.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Ocean - Mar. 18, 2014

Leone19

I agree with you there, Fusion probably would become the best for everything.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Ingulit - Mar. 24, 2014

I added the detailed banned part list to the OP!

Now then, it's about time I caught back up with the conversation, yeah? Grin