World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] (/Thread-Attack-on-Titan-Shingeki-no-Kyojin)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Kaneki - Feb. 01, 2014

Yeah, this is one of the best anime ever. I'm already up-to-date with the manga. Trust me, when you see the rest of it, you'll love it.

Also, that OP song is awesome, haha.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Justaway - Feb. 01, 2014

Oh, I didn't notice there was a thread for this until now.
So this was the most hyped anime of last year and I started watching it a month after it ended, because it was in the top 20 on MAL. Since I hated the hyped series of 2011(Guilty Crown) & 2012(Sword Art Online) with a passion, I was expecting something similar out of Shingeki no Kyojin. Thankfully, SnK was better than those two.

The first few episodes were really great. Especially the ones covering the battle of _______(I forgot the name). After that it got a little boring though. The female titan thing wasn't very interesting either. And by the time it ended, I had lost interest in it. So, although it isn't one of my favorites at all, it wasn't a complete waste of time like Guilty Crown/Sword Art Online at least.

Ironically, one of my classmates who hated anime(because I recommended him Boku no Pico and he actually went ahead and watched it) became a huge fan of this series. He's even up to date with the manga now XD

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Giraton - Feb. 01, 2014

(Feb. 01, 2014  7:27 PM)Justaway Wrote: Ironically, one of my classmates who hated anime(because I recommended him Boku no Pico and he actually went ahead and watched it) became a huge fan of this series. He's even up to date with the manga now XD

wow, um, trying not to say your an idiot, but you recommended that AS A FIRST ANIME! really, that was the worst idea ever, as they may not think its a joke, which is apparently what happened.

on another note, glad to find someone who doesn't hail attack on titan as the best anime ever. its good to get other views on the matter as i have found no one who hates it.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Justaway - Feb. 02, 2014

(Feb. 01, 2014  11:21 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2014  7:27 PM)Justaway Wrote: Ironically, one of my classmates who hated anime(because I recommended him Boku no Pico and he actually went ahead and watched it) became a huge fan of this series. He's even up to date with the manga now XD

wow, um, trying not to say your an idiot, but you recommended that AS A FIRST ANIME! really, that was the worst idea ever, as they may not think its a joke, which is apparently what happened.

on another note, glad to find someone who doesn't hail attack on titan as the best anime ever. its good to get other views on the matter as i have found no one who hates it.
Well, I did that as a joke of course. And TBH, even the url of the streaming sites should have given him an idea about how it would turn out to be. After all, none of the good anime streaming sites stream Boku no Pico. That said, I haven't watched it myself either so IDK if it's really that disturbing.

Oh well, I've always hated all the hyped anime. In fact, when I decided to pick it, I was sure I would hate it. Actually, if it wasn't for that OP, I would have hated it a lot more. But yeah, I didn't find it to be as AMAZING as most people do. It wasn't bad but, it definitely wasn't something that I enjoyed watching either. Also, I've hated every character that Yuki Kaji has voiced and Eren was no exception.

More importantly, can some enlighten me as to why it was hyped so much?

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Chaos Blader - Feb. 02, 2014

(Feb. 02, 2014  5:04 AM)Justaway Wrote: Also, I've hated every character that Yuki Kaji has voiced and Eren was no exception.

Yes! Finally someone who understands me!

(Feb. 02, 2014  5:04 AM)Justaway Wrote: More importantly, can some enlighten me as to why it was hyped so much?

I guess it just appealed to a large amount of anime fans with its violence and 'drama'. Although I'm not that big of a fan of the show myself, I can see why it would become so popular with the help of sites like Tumblr.

(Feb. 02, 2014  1:24 PM)Chaos Blader Wrote: I guess it just appealed to a large amount of anime fans with its violence and 'drama'. Although I'm not that big of a fan of the show myself, I can see why it would become so popular with the help of sites like Tumblr.

TBH Gantz had a lot more violence than this and as far as Drama goes, just one episode of Gintama has a lot more drama than the whole of SnK(of course, I'm joking).
Anyway, if it comes down to violence and drama, Fate/Zero was much better. It had much better characters too and a much better animation. I wonder why Fate/Zero wasn't hyped then.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Kaneki - Feb. 02, 2014

I loved fate/zero. It did have some better parts unlike SNK/AOT. Maybe it was just the episodes, but I was hyped.

Oh, and on of the things I hated about SNK/AOT was Eren. I though main characters was meant to be cool? Big ler down. Even ginga's better, haha.

(Feb. 02, 2014  4:38 PM)" L Wrote: Oh, and on of the things I hated about SNK/AOT was Eren. I though main characters was meant to be cool? Big ler down. Even ginga's better, haha.
Eren was OK IMO. I've seen worse protagonists(e.g. Shinji, Shu) and all of them were voiced by the same person Tired
I guess the voice itself makes the protagonist seem like a weakling XD
I wouldn't compare Eren to Ginga though. Because ginga's mother wasn't eaten by a giant or even if she was, it wasn't shown in the anime at least XD

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - sarabscientist - Feb. 03, 2014

(Feb. 02, 2014  1:24 PM)Chaos Blader Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2014  5:04 AM)Justaway Wrote: More importantly, can some enlighten me as to why it was hyped so much?

I guess it just appealed to a large amount of anime fans with its violence and 'drama'. Although I'm not that big of a fan of the show myself, I can see why it would become so popular with the help of sites like Tumblr.

I only watched it because every single one of my tumblr friends was blogging about it and pressured me into watching it. I really enjoyed it the first time but I just recently re-watched some of the episodes and it isn't appealing to me anymore. I guess the first time I was overwhelmed by the action/animation and the concept but now it just seems dull to me. I feel like SNK is one of those series that you won't enjoy re-watching? That's just me XD

The soundtrack is epic.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Justaway - Feb. 03, 2014

(Feb. 03, 2014  2:13 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: The soundtrack is epic.
* ONLY the soundtrack is epic

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Giraton - Feb. 03, 2014

the hype started because the manga was popular, then it did everything right to both the viewers and reviewers eyes. that and the fact that
as well as all the S.A.O fans looking for something else to watch. basically the anime was in the right place, right time and was executed almost perfectly, hence the popularity and hype, but even i must admit, with so much hype, very easy to see why you would think it could be bad, then as watching it could either be honest opinion and/or the fact that you don't like the hype that could have made you and a few others not like it as well as others. now that i think of it im glad i heard about attack on titan from one anime reviewer before watching it myself.

fate/zero was appealing to gen urobuchi fans (which at the time was not many as madoka had not happened yet) and fans of the original fate/stay night, and not allot of people like the fate/stay night anime (the visual novel however is another story).

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - sarabscientist - Feb. 03, 2014

(Feb. 03, 2014  3:40 AM)Justaway Wrote:

I haven't watched a lot of action/fighting animes but I thought that the way SNK is animated is pretty cool, like the way they incorporated the movement of the 3DMG ...

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Justaway - Feb. 04, 2014

(Feb. 03, 2014  5:40 PM)sarabscientist Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2014  3:40 AM)Justaway Wrote:

I haven't watched a lot of action/fighting animes but I thought that the way SNK is animated is pretty cool, like the way they incorporated the movement of the 3DMG ...

I said that as a joke XD

Anyway, since the live action is supposed to release in 2015, I hope they make a second season by 2018 or something. The manga should get over around that time, no?

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Angry Face - Feb. 04, 2014

Speaking of that live action film, a couple friends of mine from school showed me this SNK commercial by Subaru:

I wonder if this is how the Titans will look in the movie?

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - sarabscientist - Feb. 05, 2014

(Feb. 04, 2014  2:53 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I wonder if this is how the Titans will look in the movie?

I sure hope not, because aside from the Colossal Titan, they all made me cry so hard (from laughing of course).

I was actually talking to someone at lunch about this and they said that if they look like that in the live-action movie, it will seem "over-the-top" since there is no way to seriously re-create the titans (and their weird body types i.e the ones that have huge bellies and etc ...) in this way. I mean, animated or drawn, exaggerations don't really stand out but when you do a live action, they will stick out more. It is kinda hard to explain, I hope you guys get the gist of what I just said xD

Yeeeeahhh, if they decide to do it this way, the titans have to look scarier.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Giraton - Feb. 05, 2014

(Feb. 05, 2014  1:18 AM)sarabscientist Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2014  2:53 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I wonder if this is how the Titans will look in the movie?

I sure hope not, because aside from the Colossal Titan, they all made me cry so hard (from laughing of course).

I was actually talking to someone at lunch about this and they said that if they look like that in the live-action movie, it will seem "over-the-top" since there is no way to seriously re-create the titans (and their weird body types i.e the ones that have huge bellies and etc ...) in this way. I mean, animated or drawn, exaggerations don't really stand out but when you do a live action, they will stick out more. It is kinda hard to explain, I hope you guys get the gist of what I just said xD

Yeeeeahhh, if they decide to do it this way, the titans have to look scarier.
too bad because i got this from a news site confirming that this is the first look at the titans for the film. they might finalize a few things but thats basically it.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - zflare3 - Feb. 23, 2014

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Kai-V - Feb. 25, 2014

I was super addicted to Attack on Titan in maximum four days and finished the whole anime during those evenings. Yo.

Personally, the animation of the characters was actually very horrible. Everything three-dimensional was good, but the characters moved in a very robotic fashion, like from a 1990 anime.

To me, the titans in the Subaru commercial looked weird to me at the beginning, especially the male one which seemed to have a big diaper of extra skin, but after watching the anime, the way they disguised those actors was quite representative in my opinion. The way they faded the green-screen footage into the vehicle ride film leaves to be desired sometimes, but I am otherwise optimistic about the movie. Just look at that female titan : I like that it is that creepy, hah. You can see it clearly in one of the previews once the video is over.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - zflare3 - Feb. 25, 2014

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Hov - Mar. 10, 2014

(Feb. 25, 2014  5:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I was super addicted to Attack on Titan in maximum four days and finished the whole anime during those evenings. Yo.

Personally, the animation of the characters was actually very horrible. Everything three-dimensional was good, but the characters moved in a very robotic fashion, like from a 1990 anime.

To me, the titans in the Subaru commercial looked weird to me at the beginning, especially the male one which seemed to have a big diaper of extra skin, but after watching the anime, the way they disguised those actors was quite representative in my opinion. The way they faded the green-screen footage into the vehicle ride film leaves to be desired sometimes, but I am otherwise optimistic about the movie. Just look at that female titan : I like that it is that creepy, hah. You can see it clearly in one of the previews once the video is over.

If you read the manga... everything gets confusing and a bit clearer. Smh I regret reading the manga after all.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - LMAO - Mar. 19, 2014

Not sure if anyone knows this yet, sorry if it has already been posted but just wanted to give a little update.

The Premiere of the English dubbed Attack On Titan will be shown at Anime Boston next week and will be shown worldwide, which is an amazing thing!

There are already a few clips on Youtube showing some of the voices for different characters (except for Armin, Eren, and Mikasa).

Here is a list of the dubbed voices for different characters(does not show Eren's yet):

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/03/11/a-colossal-cast-announcement/?utm_medium=YouTubeBlog&utm_campaign=AttackOnTitanCast&utm_source=AttackOnTitanSOCIALMEDIA&utm_nooverride=1

EXTREMELY EXCITED FOR THE ENGLISH DUBBING OF THIS!

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - amidamaru - Jul. 14, 2014

the beast titan is so mysterious and so far its the only titan capable of human speech
and seems to kinda lead http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=beast+titan&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=cnOeeudyPUw3NM&tbnid=vMhMvpSN8DyVxM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshingekinokyojin.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FBeast_Titan&ei=PhPEU5a3BMSHogSy64KYDA&bvm=bv.70810081,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNGO7_tIiGy5b0ptedmtbOfkAWdA0Q&ust=1405445296342279

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Kai-V - Jul. 14, 2014

(Jul. 14, 2014  6:30 PM)amidamaru Wrote: the beast titan is so mysterious and so far its the only titan capable of human speech
and seems to kinda lead http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=beast+titan&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=cnOeeudyPUw3NM&tbnid=vMhMvpSN8DyVxM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshingekinokyojin.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FBeast_Titan&ei=PhPEU5a3BMSHogSy64KYDA&bvm=bv.70810081,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNGO7_tIiGy5b0ptedmtbOfkAWdA0Q&ust=1405445296342279

Actually, in the OVA "Ylse's People" or something like that, we see that one of the titans in the forest does know 'human' words.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Kaneki - Jul. 14, 2014

Does anyone read the manga ? If so, do you guys think he adds to much information to keep up with ?

I think the OVA's where okay.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - amidamaru - Jul. 15, 2014

and also he wanted to know about the 3 dimensional gear the soldiers use