World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] (/Thread-Attack-on-Titan-Shingeki-no-Kyojin)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - LimiTTrickster - Sep. 14, 2013

I know it's slow but I just started watching this. It is absolutely AWESOME... No epic... No awesome... I know... It's awepic!

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Dude - Sep. 19, 2013

Ho. Ly. carp... That episode 23... was just incredible, but who's surprised, by now? XD

I won't spoil it since this is apparently the second to last episode of the season, but... trust me, it's awesome ^__^

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - The Supreme One - Sep. 19, 2013

So about episode 23, I totally expected it, to be honest. The resemblance was just too uncanny haha
Really hoping the season ends on an interesting note.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Thresher - Sep. 20, 2013

(Sep. 19, 2013  9:35 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: So about episode 23, I totally expected it, to be honest. The resemblance was just too uncanny haha

If you only watch the anime you'll get the cliffhanger from hell depending on how much filler they add, but it SHOULD be a good ending for the first season.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Hov - Sep. 20, 2013

(Sep. 20, 2013  5:42 PM)Thresher Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2013  9:35 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: So about episode 23, I totally expected it, to be honest. The resemblance was just too uncanny haha

If you only watch the anime you'll get the cliffhanger from hell depending on how much filler they add, but it SHOULD be a good ending for the first season.

Oh trust me they will.... if you have read the manga, it'll leave a cliff hanger and an awesome ending on top of that

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - The Supreme One - Sep. 21, 2013

(Sep. 20, 2013  5:42 PM)Thresher Wrote: If you only watch the anime you'll get the cliffhanger from hell depending on how much filler they add, but it SHOULD be a good ending for the first season.
I'll be looking forward to it then.
If they do many a second season, the season 1 finale would be the deciding factor in whether or not I'd watch the sequel. I'm kind of iffy right now, since I haven't enjoyed it very much since last season.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Giraton - Sep. 21, 2013

my most preferred ending, Eren beats female titan but no more threat of immediate battle arises, but because of everything the series has set up so far, the second season has lots to work with. thus, a lack of a massive cliffhager so you sit there in pain of waiting but enough to leave you with wanting more.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Thresher - Sep. 22, 2013

The filler killed episode 24 for me. Eren is not like that in the manga.
[/rage]
I'm not normally a manga only guy but if you disliked Eren in this episode then go read chapter 32 of the manga. it ends in the same place the episode ends, except it makes a lot more sense.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Hov - Sep. 23, 2013

(Sep. 22, 2013  4:17 AM)Thresher Wrote: The filler killed episode 24 for me. Eren is not like that in the manga.
[/rage]
I'm not normally a manga only guy but if you disliked Eren in this episode then go read chapter 32 of the manga. it ends in the same place the episode ends, except it makes a lot more sense.

That's because Eren is "Atlas", remember that episode when he carried the boulder to seal the gate? He resembled to Atlas because humanity has put their faith in Eren. Thus taking responsibility for almost everything that he has to do commanded by Erwin or Levi. Now, people expect him to handle most of the injuries because as a half human/Titan they can heal faster than regular humans. I thought the episode was creative, original and good. It wasn't much of a "filler" to me, the story was still on point, they just changed some stuff. And it was still good.

Hate when people complain about fillers....

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - The Supreme One - Sep. 23, 2013

(Sep. 23, 2013  11:09 AM)Blackizard Wrote: That's because Eren is "Atlas", remember that episode when he carried the boulder to seal the gate? He resembled to Atlas because humanity has put their faith in Eren. Thus taking responsibility for almost everything that he has to do commanded by Erwin or Levi. Now, people expect him to handle most of the injuries because as a half human/Titan they can heal faster than regular humans. I thought the episode was creative, original and good. It wasn't much of a "filler" to me, the story was still on point, they just changed some stuff. And it was still good.

Damn. If that symbolism was intentional, I'll have a lot more respect for SnK. I never saw Eren that way, but now that you bring it up, it makes sense.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Thresher - Sep. 23, 2013

(Sep. 23, 2013  11:09 AM)Blackizard Wrote: That's because Eren is "Atlas", remember that episode when he carried the boulder to seal the gate? He resembled to Atlas because humanity has put their faith in Eren. Thus taking responsibility for almost everything that he has to do commanded by Erwin or Levi. Now, people expect him to handle most of the injuries because as a half human/Titan they can heal faster than regular humans. I thought the episode was creative, original and good. It wasn't much of a "filler" to me, the story was still on point, they just changed some stuff. And it was still good.

I'm complaining about a filler that makes a character look weak, indecisive, and pathetic when in the manga he clearly made up his mind. I like good filler, the additional parts with Jean in Trost and the second half of episode 2 are good examples, they don't change the characters they just add to tem. To go from a slight moment of indecisiveness to a complete mental breakdown that lasts half an episode is egregious. The worst part is the fact they only did it for an unnecessary cliffhanger ending. There are several places I can think of that can add enough filler to end of a cliffhanger without making Eren look like he hasn't grown in character since the boulder incident. The creative team has already showcased that they can make better filler that compliments the characters, and episode 24 was not an example of that. This was bad filler.

As for his injury, they've only seen him lose his leg and his arm, and they've talked about how hitting him center mass while he is in titan form can kill him, hence the "chop off his arms and legs" strategy. Why would they assume that he'd be able to get back up with hundreds of pounds of debris on him and a stake through his heart? They've never seen him take nearly that much damage. Losing his arm and his leg put him out of commision for 2 episodes, it makes no sense to yell at him like he's purposely sitting around when he could be getting up. Again I have no problem with filler that makes sense, this did not.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Raigeko13 - Sep. 25, 2013

Isn't the final episode for this season later this week?

Great, now I'm going to have to start reading the manga.
;^;

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Giraton - Sep. 27, 2013

(Sep. 25, 2013  6:09 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Isn't the final episode for this season later this week?

Great, now I'm going to have to start reading the manga.
;^;

once the next one comes out, the manga is at the anime, so if you read now you stop at the same place.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Hov - Sep. 29, 2013

I love the last episode... I love how they changed everything!!! SO FREAKING AWESOME, they made Eren looked like he was the strongest titan of all. Looking forward to Season 2 for sure

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Thresher - Sep. 30, 2013

That last episode was completely disappointing, the animation was amazing, but the filler killed the story. The reveal was supposed to happen in front of everyone and it's eye was supposed to look a Mikasa because the sunlight keeps them active. I would have rather had them make a 24 episode series with none of the filler in the last two episodes and had them end it on the last page of chapter 33 or partially into 34. Arim makes no sense again, what did he really expect Eren to do with stubs for arms? Levi was injured, WTF? Titan fusing? WTF? There were a bunch of different ways to end this, and this was a bad one. I can see how a Anime only person would like it, but I read the manga first and outside of the fight scenes I was disappointed.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Hov - Sep. 30, 2013

You know, they don't HAVE to follow the manga all the time though, they probably did the filler as a cliffhanger on purpose showing a colossal titan at the end in nigh time settings. After all, the animation story was still on point to me, they just switched up things a bit. A TRUE fuiller to me was episode 13.5, hope they wont do it again. But I'm hoping they wont change anything when Eren confronts the Armored Titan... That's what I'm looking forward to the most.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Thresher - Sep. 30, 2013

(Sep. 30, 2013  10:34 AM)Blackizard Wrote: You know, they don't HAVE to follow the manga all the time though, they probably did the filler as a cliffhanger on purpose showing a colossal titan at the end in nigh time settings. After all, the animation story was still on point to me, they just switched up things a bit. A TRUE fuiller to me was episode 13.5, hope they wont do it again. But I'm hoping they wont change anything when Eren confronts the Armored Titan... That's what I'm looking forward to the most.
I agree that you don't have to carbon copy the manga but they completely killed the reveal to the point that people actually think it was a joke. It happens during the day in view of everyone and the priest immediately reveals the gravity of the situation. If you are going to change something that big do it better, not worse.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Giraton - Oct. 01, 2013

1. THAT WAS EXACTLY THE ENDING I WANTED OUT OF THIS SHOW. now i can sleep easy.
2. about the filler,

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - nohzone - Oct. 02, 2013

Dat Episode 25

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Thresher - Oct. 02, 2013

(Oct. 01, 2013  4:35 AM)Giraton Wrote: 1. THAT WAS EXACTLY THE ENDING I WANTED OUT OF THIS SHOW. now i can sleep easy.
2. about the filler,
To answer your filler question
The last episode skips that and jumps into chapter 34 skips past the part where they deal with the spoiler(Skips from page 6 to 27), continue to page 35, then jump back to the last page of the previous chapter, minus the part where EVERYBODY saw it. I just realized that this is also a problem because the end of the episode takes place two days after the resolution of the fight. Chapters 34-49(current) take place during those two days.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - sarabscientist - Oct. 14, 2013

Haha I just got around to finishing the anime part of the series, and what a way to end it off.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Kaneki - Oct. 14, 2013

Haha, I love this show. One of my best anime!

I'm going to meet the person who made this on the 26TH-27TH i'm so happy.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Starlight25 - Nov. 10, 2013

I'm not sure if anybody already answered this, but that ending with the titan in the wall I mean it pretty much shows to how the walls got built by using colossal titans isn't it. The story is going well for the next season, I'll be looking forward to next season on Attack on Titan, and hope to have an epic or at least descent English dub of Attack on Titan 1st season by Funimation folks. Now for me to read further on Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) manga online.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Ga' - Nov. 11, 2013

The one thing that annoys me is that the manga runs like Soul Eater: A large number of pages, not necessarily a lot occurring during each issue, and each issue taking a WHOLE month to release.

It severely messes up the anime schedule as well, which I prefer over manga with a release pattern like this. Of course, the anime itself is excellent so yeah.

RE: Attack on Titan [Shingeki no Kyojin] - Leone19 - Feb. 01, 2014

I'm a bit late and trying to not read and spoilers Tongue_out, but:

I just watched the first two episodes... and I'm very impressed.

My friends kept talking it up, so I figured I'd give it a shot; and after the first 24 minutes I was blown away.

I can't wait to check out the Manga, either. Tongue_out