World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Recent Purchases - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Recent Purchases (/Thread-Recent-Purchases)

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Dec. 29, 2015

(Dec. 27, 2015  10:03 PM)Half Nail Wrote: Had a gift card to my local record store and found this cool piece of music:

I need to buy myself a record player someday. I have one of Tricot's mini albums on vinyl and I had to go to my grandfathers house to give it a listen. The quality was great, it sounded much better than a CD and there are plenty of other great Japanese artists putting their stuff on vinyl like Midori.

I had a gift card so I bought some blu rays of Battle Royale and Paprika. I've never seen either, but I've been meaning to check out Battle Royale for a while now and Paprika looks amazing.

RE: Recent Purchases - RDF3 - Dec. 30, 2015

(Dec. 19, 2015  7:08 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2015  12:20 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Dunno if this fits here, but I just got Legacy of the Void yesterday. Man, been waiting to get it for months now.

Also got a Seagate 1TB external hard disk from my dad. My laptop has only 130GB of storage space before that, so hello My Little Pony friendship is magic episode collection! Don't have anymore than three at the moment though.

How is LotV? I want to get into it but some of the units and changes they did during the beta made me throw up, I really liked HotS and LotV looked scary with all of the weird stuff they did to the units

Sorry for the late reply.

The multiplayer's units were nice but the pace is so fast I can't keep up except when playing against medium A.I. While it kinda sucked that game is now one of the games that pros/elites are practically the only people who can stand a chance, the fact that I can always play against AI even offline rocks.

Plus, the Adept is an effective anti infantry unit, due to it's huge damage bonus against light units. Say goodbye, immortal-killing hydralisks! The Disruptor is scary, when used properly, it can reduce marine/marauder deathballs into blood in seconds.

The Terrans get a cyclone drone, which while not as effective as I thought (due to my average APM being only 45 and max being only 71) is still neat. The Liberator is basically Sc1's Valkyrie (splash-damage anti-air fighter) with a ground attack mode.

The Zerg were nasty with Roaches but Ravagers are more irksome. They can launch forcefield-munching corrosive bile to make sentries' life living Tartarus. The Lurker returns from Brood War too.

The coop and the campaign was why i bought it though. Blizzard's reputation for intricate and elaborated stories as well as top-notch quality cinematics is undoubted. Plus, there's a trolling megalomaniac Tal'darim character voiced by John de Lancie, and a Purifier (robot) Fenix.
There are also new units on the Protoss campaign, like area-damage immortals, colossi that fires single-target heavy-damage blasts, zealots that can revive when killed, and void rays that can chain their attack to more targets the longer they fire. The Dragoon, Reaver, Arbiter, Corsair and Dark Archon return from Brood War.

RE: Recent Purchases - Cookie Bouquets - Dec. 31, 2015

(Dec. 30, 2015  6:49 PM)RDF3 Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2015  7:08 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2015  12:20 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Dunno if this fits here, but I just got Legacy of the Void yesterday. Man, been waiting to get it for months now.

Also got a Seagate 1TB external hard disk from my dad. My laptop has only 130GB of storage space before that, so hello My Little Pony friendship is magic episode collection! Don't have anymore than three at the moment though.

How is LotV? I want to get into it but some of the units and changes they did during the beta made me throw up, I really liked HotS and LotV looked scary with all of the weird stuff they did to the units

Sorry for the late reply.

The multiplayer's units were nice but the pace is so fast I can't keep up except when playing against medium A.I. While it kinda sucked that game is now one of the games that pros/elites are practically the only people who can stand a chance, the fact that I can always play against AI even offline rocks.

Plus, the Adept is an effective anti infantry unit, due to it's huge damage bonus against light units. Say goodbye, immortal-killing hydralisks! The Disruptor is scary, when used properly, it can reduce marine/marauder deathballs into blood in seconds.

The Terrans get a cyclone drone, which while not as effective as I thought (due to my average APM being only 45 and max being only 71) is still neat. The Liberator is basically Sc1's Valkyrie (splash-damage anti-air fighter) with a ground attack mode.

The Zerg were nasty with Roaches but Ravagers are more irksome. They can launch forcefield-munching corrosive bile to make sentries' life living Tartarus. The Lurker returns from Brood War too.

The coop and the campaign was why i bought it though. Blizzard's reputation for intricate and elaborated stories as well as top-notch quality cinematics is undoubted. Plus, there's a trolling megalomaniac Tal'darim character voiced by John de Lancie, and a Purifier (robot) Fenix.
There are also new units on the Protoss campaign, like area-damage immortals, colossi that fires single-target heavy-damage blasts, zealots that can revive when killed, and void rays that can chain their attack to more targets the longer they fire. The Dragoon, Reaver, Arbiter, Corsair and Dark Archon return from Brood War.

Yeah, I heard about the game being a lot faster, which I sort of like. I'm a protoss main and I still can't find a reason to justify the disruptor. I feel like disruptor drops into mineral lines would literly be BROKEN. I also heard that immortal shields are an active skill instead of it being a passive, which is a total pain, but I guess I can deal with that. I'll probably go ahead and pick it up sooner or later.

RE: Recent Purchases - RDF3 - Dec. 31, 2015

LotV is more micro-intensive than ever haha. the Disruptor's main problem is like the Void Ray's and High Templar's: they are glass cannons; able to deal a lot of damage but go down fast if targeted.

Their attack (which is an ability called Purification Nova, deals 145 damage excluding bonus damage against shields) is also death-or-glory: miss, and you're twelve different kinds of screwed. Hit and you bought your army momentum to even the odds or counterattack, or both. The Disruptor is hardly broken; it's got alot of flaws (weak HP and armor, long ability cooldown, ability can't target air, and when you activate it, you only got 2 seconds to aim, not much of a time tbh).
Using it against a worker line is not a good idea too, you render an expensive (150/150) unit defenseless for 30 seconds to kill..... at most, several workers. High Templar/Oracle/Phoenix/Void Ray are much better at their job, and so are Immortals.

The Ravager is quite annoying, but their corrosive bile can be dodged by proper micro (I was able to pull it off at least twice in the past) and they still keep their armored attribute, making them easy prey for immortals/stalkers/voidrays.

Immortals are much less powerful now, since their damage-reduction shield is gone, but the fact that it still keeps it's rather impressive attack (50 DAMAGE against armor) coupled by it's price, means I treat it like a glass cannon rather than a front-line unit.

RE: Recent Purchases - kanato dolsrin - Jan. 06, 2016

BOOKS, but not just any books I bought more journals. Barns & Nobel had new ones in and 200 dollars later I died inside. With that being said I already have several moving boxes still fully packed full of journals so I went and bought some billy book shelves. I spent all my money for the month I limited myself too on books that I can't even read!

Not even going to get into what I got in "dead things"

RE: Recent Purchases - Mint - Jan. 09, 2016

im gonna get carp tech decks. I really wanted to get this carp when i started finger boarding.

RE: Recent Purchases - Meta madness - Jan. 09, 2016

Some groceries from the grocery store.

RE: Recent Purchases - MissingNo. - Jan. 15, 2016

Two Sega Genesis controllers, (One normal from Sega, the other is a weird turbo version with a switch on the back) for 4$, and another Official Nintendo GBA Link Cable for free. How much did yours cost, @[Neo] ?

RE: Recent Purchases - Neo - Jan. 15, 2016

Like $16.
They're expensive since 3rd party never works.

RE: Recent Purchases - Kai-V - Jan. 19, 2016

A few related recent purchases :

[Image: UvhGHHz.jpg]
How to make you long for the mailing system to remain alive, with those sobre but chic enveloppes. Also one album closer to completing my Dir en grey album collection.

[Image: Hqf8erk.jpg]
My official Dir en grey fanclub metal card, but I blurred my member code which was imprinted on it hah.

[Image: af8YFuM.jpg]
The best Happy New Year card ever, but I did not really buy this hah. It came as part of the membership.

[Image: fSrsPtO.jpg]
The latest magazine for the fan club, in which is included exclusive, authentic Scott W./Kei photograph stickers (on the right) ?!

RE: Recent Purchases - Bey Brad - Jan. 19, 2016

Whoa, didn't know they would make stickers out of Kei's photos. They were so amazing, he really captured the show. Congrats @[Kei]!

And nice haul, obviously.

RE: Recent Purchases - Kai-V - Jan. 19, 2016

And it is awesome that they got onto that separate sheet, because if they had just been included inside the book, honestly they would have been so small and unnoticeable among the rest. The collection of photographs inside the magazine is really not meant to be marveled at, they are barely three centimetres tall. And of course, the appeal of "oooh I got limited edition stickers".

RE: Recent Purchases - Bae Master - Jan. 20, 2016

Yooooooooo @[Kei], epic. Makes me want a Diru fan-club magazine of my own!

And to think @[Kai-V] hesitated to join the fan club, I bet you don't regret it now Tongue_out

RE: Recent Purchases - Kei - Jan. 20, 2016

I'm surprised you posted that Kai-V; I don't think I even have the rights to post the photographs they ended up using for the magazine hahaha.

(Jan. 19, 2016  10:15 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Whoa, didn't know they would make stickers out of Kei's photos. They were so amazing, he really captured the show. Congrats @[Kei]!

Yeah, I had no idea either! All I knew is that they would be part of the magazine in some way. Thank you so much. Smile

(Jan. 19, 2016  11:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote: And it is awesome that they got onto that separate sheet, because if they had just been included inside the book, honestly they would have been so small and unnoticeable among the rest. The collection of photographs inside the magazine is really not meant to be marveled at, they are barely three centimetres tall. And of course, the appeal of "oooh I got limited edition stickers".

That's a really good point. I've seen fanclub magazines for other artists before and often the photos in them are so tiny that it seems like a waste. Really cool that they decided to make stickers out of them.

(Jan. 20, 2016  2:25 AM)One-Launch Man Wrote: Yooooooooo @[Kei], epic. Makes me want a Diru fan-club magazine of my own!

And to think @[Kai-V] hesitated to join the fan club, I bet you don't regret it now Tongue_out

Thaaaanks! Cool

Haha, I'm shocked it took her this long. Then again, I only joined GACKT's fanclub last year.

RE: Recent Purchases - Kai-V - Jan. 20, 2016

Well, had I known that the best concert tickets were reserved for fan club members instead of just giving them a chance to get them all for themselves first before the regular lottery, I would have definitely signed up a year ago hah.

The photograph with the sticker sheet in it ? Oh, it has been photographed and used on Yahoo! Japan Auctions and on Tumblr plenty already, so I think it is just what is inside that cannot be shown hah.

Now I really want the photographs that you took and that they did not choose hahah.

RE: Recent Purchases - UGottaCetus - Jan. 20, 2016

Just bought a Funko POP! Vinyl Aquaman from Batman vs. Superman. Hot Topic exclusive. Looks really cool, and I'm looking forward to him in the movie. Oddly enough, less people have the nonexclusive version than this one!

RE: Recent Purchases - DRAGON KING - Mar. 02, 2016

1x Sega Genesis 80 Preloaded games
1x Wire Controler (Heard the wireless ones it comes with suck spheres).

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Mar. 15, 2016

Today I bought my plane ticket to Japan. I'll be leaving on June 23 and I'm doing a layover in Toronto. I've never been to Canada and it's so short I can't even leave the airport Tongue_out

RE: Recent Purchases - Kei - Mar. 15, 2016

(Mar. 15, 2016  12:18 AM)Wizard Wrote: Today I bought my plane ticket to Japan. I'll be leaving on June 23 and I'm doing a layover in Toronto. I've never been to Canada and it's so short I can't even leave the airport Tongue_out

Awesome!

Guess I'm lucky to be in Toronto since not everywhere has direct flights to Tokyo ...

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Mar. 18, 2016

(Mar. 15, 2016  3:01 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2016  12:18 AM)Wizard Wrote: Today I bought my plane ticket to Japan. I'll be leaving on June 23 and I'm doing a layover in Toronto. I've never been to Canada and it's so short I can't even leave the airport Tongue_out

Awesome!

Guess I'm lucky to be in Toronto since not everywhere has direct flights to Tokyo ...

I could take a direct flight out of New York or Washington DC but they're much more expensive. I got a 16 hour trip for $795, compared to almost $1500 for a direct 13 hour flight. I don't really mind given the sweet deal I got.

RE: Recent Purchases - Kai-V - Mar. 18, 2016

Plus the Canadian dollar probably~

Eh, my latest purchases:

- Sherlock - The Abominable Bride
- Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
- Linkin Park - Meteora
- Billy Talent - Billy Talent II
- Kanye West - Yeezus

RE: Recent Purchases - *Ginga* - Mar. 18, 2016

kanye west is the kanye best

Sherlock is also amazing lol

Glad to see that some people still purchase albums!

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Mar. 18, 2016

(Mar. 18, 2016  12:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Kanye West - Yeezus

You're lining the pockets of our future president.

RE: Recent Purchases - Bey Brad - Mar. 18, 2016

(Mar. 18, 2016  12:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: - Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
- Linkin Park - Meteora

what year is this????

RE: Recent Purchases - Half Nail - Mar. 18, 2016

(Mar. 18, 2016  12:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Plus the Canadian dollar probably~

Eh, my latest purchases:

- Sherlock - The Abominable Bride
- Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
- Linkin Park - Meteora
- Kanye West - Yeezus

Man, I remember I used to LOVE Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Now I just can't get past the lyrics, a little too juvenile for my taste. Plus Hybrid Theory feels like the same song over and over again give or take three songs. Still, very nostalgic albums!