World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Recent Purchases - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Recent Purchases (/Thread-Recent-Purchases)

RE: Recent Purchases - 1234beyblade - Jul. 07, 2015

(Jul. 07, 2015  4:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: you gotta name it if it's really that awesome
Haha, the name i gave him/her is so orginal *sarcasm* just like my WBO user name haha. It is Dragon (assuming it is a male)

RE: Recent Purchases - Bey Brad - Jul. 07, 2015

female fish can't be named Dragon?

RE: Recent Purchases - 1234beyblade - Jul. 07, 2015

(Jul. 07, 2015  4:56 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: female fish can't be named Dragon?
I mean they can, it is just unlikely...

RE: Recent Purchases - Bey Brad - Jul. 08, 2015

Why?

RE: Recent Purchases - 1234beyblade - Jul. 09, 2015

(Jul. 08, 2015  3:12 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Why?
I don't know maybe because of gender stereotypes? Such as Girls usually have pretty/cute names, and males don't it is just how people look at it. Sure everyone (or even no one) doesn't have to follow this stereotype but telling someone that you named your girl dragon would be a little weird wouldn't it? IDK about you but i would find it a bit strange at first if someone told me that they named their girl Dragon, same as people naming their children after colors or items, it is just strange (I know it is just a fish but still). Also i am a Feminist so i am certainly not sexist if that is what you're trying to say here...

RE: Recent Purchases - Bey Brad - Jul. 09, 2015

What makes "dragon" a feminine name? What makes dragons masculine? There were male and female t-rexes, and if dragons existed I am sure there would be just as many male dragons as female.

(And I would find it strange for anyone to name a human child Dragon.)

You can't say "I'm a feminist" but not practice what you preach! Part of growing up is learning to examine your own thoughts critically, to second-guess your own assumptions and realize you might be wrong about something. You will be. Really often! That's OK! It's better than never learning anything.

RE: Recent Purchases - 1234beyblade - Jul. 09, 2015

(Jul. 09, 2015  2:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: What makes "dragon" a feminine name? What makes dragons masculine? There were male and female t-rexes, and if dragons existed I am sure there would be just as many male dragons as female.

(And I would find it strange for anyone to name a human child Dragon.)

You can't say "I'm a feminist" but not practice what you preach! Part of growing up is learning to examine your own thoughts critically, to second-guess your own assumptions and realize you might be wrong about something. You will be. Really often! That's OK! It's better than never learning anything.
I have a guy friend named Dragon... And i really did not look at it from a perspective of literally dragons i looked at dragon as a name so yeah there is that, and i actually just got into feminism today form my grade 12 English lesson (Critical approaches), it changed my thoughts quite a bit, it is not like i was disrespecting women in the first place, i treated women as fair as i would treat anyone, or even treat people how i would want to be treated (AKA the golden rule of Catholicism, but whatever no need to bring religion into this because religion itself is a little against feminism). But yeah something as silly as a name should not trigger something like sexism, it is just a small stereotype in the end anyways, I don not know maybe i just do not get offended as easily but sorry if i offended anyone.

Just a side not, I have been wrong many times (probably more wrong than right to be honest), and when people point it out (like you did brad) it makes it stick in my head so in a way thanks ;3

EDIT: Just noticed we're breaking a rule Uncertain "no back and forth replies in forums" D: PLZ DONT KILL ME MODS!

RE: Recent Purchases - Jinbee - Jul. 09, 2015

Damn, I back and forth reply, I got lucky at those times and it's time I stopped.

RE: Recent Purchases - Neo - Jul. 10, 2015

1234beyblade
Please don't become like Laci Green or Anita Sarkeesian.

RE: Recent Purchases - Kei - Jul. 20, 2015

Thanks to @[pyrus10000], I finally have a Shulk Amiibo!

[Image: r7GnbNy.jpg]

[Image: GqJIH2o.jpg]

It joins Samus and Ness in my "collection".

RE: Recent Purchases - OwnageDerp - Jul. 20, 2015

Kei
Now it's Kei time!

My Amiibo collection: Pac Man, Pikachu, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Mega Man, Lucina, thankfully Palutena and Yoshi! Just got Palu recently before I learned she's Amazon only!

RE: Recent Purchases - Jinbee - Jul. 20, 2015

I got myself a game for the PS1 called Rascal today...

This should be fun!

RE: Recent Purchases - MissingNo. - Jul. 20, 2015

I'm so sorry to hear that.

(Jul. 20, 2015  4:32 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I'm so sorry to hear that.

Eh, what's to be sorry about?

RE: Recent Purchases - MissingNo. - Jul. 20, 2015

I heard that it's a really awfull game hah.

(Jul. 20, 2015  5:43 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I heard that it's a really awfull game hah.

OH CARP! I remember... I saw this on TheRetroReplay.

This game is so awful that it gives Bubsy 3D some serious competition... The controls are worse, they're slipperier and the guy moves forwards when holding forward regardless of camera angle which I can't control.

But this belongs in the "Gaming Random Thoughts" thread, so I'll continue this conversation there.

RE: Recent Purchases - Classik - Jul. 20, 2015

Recently got a iPhone 4S.

RE: Recent Purchases - Kei - Jul. 21, 2015

(Jul. 20, 2015  7:21 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Kei
Now it's Kei time!

everybody was commenting that i look like shulk lol

RE: Recent Purchases - Kei - Jul. 22, 2015

[Image: 29CoivF.jpg]

[Image: pSet0ii.jpg]

[Image: bBJQdl2.jpg]

- the GazettE Standing Live Tour14 Heresy Limited Complete Box

This cost an arm and a leg, but it was worth it!

RE: Recent Purchases - Bladerguy2 - Jul. 22, 2015

I'm getting a Wii u soon (finally YES) and I just bought kerbeus starter and Ragnaruk booster. Awaiting fire emblem fates, star fox zero, triforce Heros, super Mario maker, tosh is wooly world, and hyrule warriors legends. Of if only I had that kind of money. Hah.

(Jul. 20, 2015  7:21 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Kei
Now it's Kei time!

My Amiibo collection: Pac Man, Pikachu, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Mega Man, Lucina, thankfully Palutena and Yoshi! Just got Palu recently before I learned she's Amazon only!

I've got toon link and silver Mario XD as much as I want amiibos I don't want to pay so much for the cool ones. I have to get at least one fire emblem one tho. Man I love fire emblem.

RE: Recent Purchases - MissingNo. - Jul. 22, 2015

I own a Wii U, and there's not so much to say about it really. Unless you want to buy it only for SSB or some carp like this I wouldn't recommend it.

RE: Recent Purchases - Jinbee - Jul. 22, 2015

I personally would, of all the systems this generation, the Wii U to me has the best library of games and none of that generic muddy overhyped BS. There's Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Bayonetta II just to name a few.

RE: Recent Purchases - Bladerguy2 - Jul. 22, 2015

(Jul. 22, 2015  1:13 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I own a Wii U, and there's not so much to say about it really. Unless you want to buy it only for SSB or some carp like this I wouldn't recommend it.

How dare you. Nintendo and beyblade is my life and you can say what you want about the Wii u but its only 300$ and it has a great library of games. Mr Iwata beloved in having fun before making super powerful or most graphically advanced system. To me the Wii U is worth all 300$ and no one can comvince me to buy anything else. Because I don't like the game libraries for Xbox one or ps4

(Jul. 22, 2015  1:18 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I personally would, of all the systems this generation, the Wii U to me has the best library of games and none of that generic muddy overhyped BS. There's Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Bayonetta II just to name a few.

Wind Waker HD and soon super Mario maker and star fox zero. To me nintendo has the most creative games out there. And don't forget Splatoon, Mario cart 8, And eventually. The new Zelda Wii u.
Game.

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Jul. 22, 2015

(Jul. 22, 2015  1:18 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I personally would, of all the systems this generation, the Wii U to me has the best library of games and none of that generic muddy overhyped BS. There's Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Bayonetta II just to name a few.

Huge Nintendo fan here. I honestly think the Wii U's library is majorly lacking, which is why I still don't have one. I've just been gaming on my PC, waiting for a new Zelda.

RE: Recent Purchases - Jinbee - Jul. 22, 2015

(Jul. 22, 2015  6:09 PM)Wizard Wrote:

Huge Nintendo fan here. I honestly think the Wii U's library is majorly lacking, which is why I still don't have one. I've just been gaming on my PC, waiting for a new Zelda.

I'm really comparing the Wii U to Xbox One and PS4, I mean you gotta admit the library there isn't so great either, some of their games are too generic and dull for me, a few are overhyped, and Knack PS4 launch title was a boring game to me.

I don't know if the Wii U will have a library comparable to Wii, NES or SNES etc but it still has some time to get more games.

I'm just a huge NES or Wii fan personally, but I like all Nintendo systems.

Anyway I think this is for "Gaming Tandom Thoughts" though correct me if I'm wrong.