World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Recent Purchases - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Recent Purchases (/Thread-Recent-Purchases)

RE: Recent Purchases - MissingNo. - Oct. 22, 2014

Just edit your previous post...

RE: Recent Purchases - YggdrasilWyvern - Oct. 25, 2014

Got Super Smash Bros. 3DS at target on the 23rd...

RE: Recent Purchases - Neo - Oct. 26, 2014

I got some Henshin devices.
Fourze Driver and switches 1-39 (Yes, all of them.) $102
Double Driver (W) $60
Candy Toy MagPhone NS (Fourze) $4

Update-
Was like "need more"
Bought Sengoku Driver $100
Meteor Galaxy $100
Meteor Driver $60

RE: Recent Purchases - Neo - Nov. 01, 2014

(Oct. 26, 2014  4:21 AM)Neo Wrote: I got some Henshin devices.
Fourze Driver and switches 1-39 (Yes, all of them.) $102
Double Driver (W) $60
Candy Toy MagPhone NS (Fourze) $4

Update-
Was like "need more"
Bought Sengoku Driver $100
Meteor Galaxy $100
Meteor Driver $60

This obviously wasn't enough.
Bought ANOTHER Double Driver ($65)
Lost Driver $100
Skull Magnum $150
Trigger Magnum $120
Metal Shaft $60

And Wizard stuff:
Super Sentai Ring $10
White Wizard elm ring $25
Ring Holder $40
WizarSwordGun $50
WizarDriver $60

So then I watched more double and bought WFC
Cyclone Joker
Heat Metal
Luna Trigger
Fang Joker
Figures for $40 a Pop.

Yeah.

RE: Recent Purchases - PhoenixStar - Nov. 07, 2014

Recently bought....FOOD! Uh, some lamb steaks, mint jelly, milk, sugar, chocolate chips (eventually I will get around to making those cookies....yum)...oh, and the day before....a 1 gig memory upgrade for the computer I am on at home (know if only I could remember most of my bloody passwords!)

RE: Recent Purchases - Yami - Nov. 14, 2014

Let say....

I
Finally
Got
My
Own
3DS Retro version.
Super Smash Bros
Clear Case.
RIP Wallet you will be missed.

RE: Recent Purchases - OwnageDerp - Nov. 14, 2014

(Nov. 14, 2014  5:12 AM)Stars Wrote: Let say....

I
Finally
Got
My
Own
3DS Retro version.
Super Smash Bros
Clear Case.
RIP Wallet you will be missed.

Is it the NES design 3DS??

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Nov. 14, 2014

Finally picked up the rest of the parts I needed to build my PC (Which I was assembling until 2 am...) Nothing major, the processor is only an i5, but I plan to upgrade it eventually (I have no real reason to use an i7 yet other than for future-proofing my build)

Still need to pick up a GPU though, as well as a new monitor (Currently using one of those crappy square ones XD I see a lot of Steam streaming to my laptop in my future (Until I pick up that GPU, at elast))

RE: Recent Purchases - RDF3 - Nov. 14, 2014

Wizard: I could maybe help if you're building it for gaming. i5 is actually decent price-to-performance and what most people use. i7's obnoxious prices are more fitting for future-proofers and enthusiasts.

If you do want a monitor, look for one that uses IPS panels if possible (they have superior viewing angle, and richer color) but don't spend too much. $550-$700 is reasonable if you got the budget.
Honestly for GPUs Nvidia is better for the long-term (they draw less energy and produce less heat) than AMD. Though if you're low on budget AMD is your only choice.

Some options if you run old games or those that don't require much power:
-R9 270X (Sapphire preferrable). It's a reincarnation of HD 7870 ( a GPU that is good but not excessively expensive).
-GTX 750Ti (anyone will do, except for AMD-only manufacturers of course). It's the first Maxwell GPU (as fast as Kepler (the predecessor) while consuming half less energy.

750Ti and this is great for running moderately heavy games:

-R9 280X: It's actually faster than GTX 770 (slower than 780 though) and cost roughly the same.

If you're a hardcore gamer:
-R9 290X: It's pretty cheap (due to Maxwell force smashing it's price down lol) and reaalllly fast.
-GTX 980: You can't go wrong with 2048 SP's in a single GPU can you?

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Nov. 15, 2014

(Nov. 14, 2014  6:03 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Wizard: I could maybe help if you're building it for gaming. i5 is actually decent price-to-performance and what most people use. i7's obnoxious prices are more fitting for future-proofers and enthusiasts.

If you do want a monitor, look for one that uses IPS panels if possible (they have superior viewing angle, and richer color) but don't spend too much. $550-$700 is reasonable if you got the budget.
Honestly for GPUs Nvidia is better for the long-term (they draw less energy and produce less heat) than AMD. Though if you're low on budget AMD is your only choice.

Some options if you run old games or those that don't require much power:
-R9 270X (Sapphire preferrable). It's a reincarnation of HD 7870 ( a GPU that is good but not excessively expensive).
-GTX 750Ti (anyone will do, except for AMD-only manufacturers of course). It's the first Maxwell GPU (as fast as Kepler (the predecessor) while consuming half less energy.

750Ti and this is great for running moderately heavy games:

-R9 280X: It's actually faster than GTX 770 (slower than 780 though) and cost roughly the same.

If you're a hardcore gamer:
-R9 290X: It's pretty cheap (due to Maxwell force smashing it's price down lol) and reaalllly fast.
-GTX 980: You can't go wrong with 2048 SP's in a single GPU can you?

For the video card I was actually thinking I'd pick up a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770. I'll pick it up within the next few months, but for now I'm broke. As for a monitor, I'm not looking for anything fancy. I'm just planning to pick something up for $150-200 that has a decent display (Of course, I'm also planning to take advantage of holiday sales)

RE: Recent Purchases - RDF3 - Nov. 15, 2014

GTX 770? That's a good GPU to pick up, and Gigabyte's Windforce 3x 450W is one of the best cooling systems on the market. But if you really can't afford it, 760 or 750Ti is not bad too. R9 280X if you don't mind heat and electricity, it's actually faster and costs roughly the same. Find GV-R928XOC-3GD if you can (It's Gigabyte).

As for the monitor, Asus VS198D is not bad. It costs $100-$200 and has an LCD display. It's only 19,8 inches though.

RE: Recent Purchases - MissingNo. - Nov. 15, 2014

Really off-topic but anyway, here what I found today for 0.50$
http://i.imgur.com/Dg1ltxm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xFiFlkl.jpg
I don't know if it works, or if I have to change the batterie. Anyway I'm so lucky, Pokemon Red is my favourite game, the very first pokemon game ever (along with Pokemon Blue in North America and Pokemon Green in Japan) Smile

RE: Recent Purchases - DRAGON KING - Nov. 15, 2014

Your have the system for it or are you going to resale?

Idk if those things need batteries.

RE: Recent Purchases - MissingNo. - Nov. 15, 2014

I don't have any GB/GBC/GBA but I'm looking for it.
Actually there's a battery inside the cartridge, and when that battery is "dead" your game can't be saved. Like that :
https://sites.google.com/site/masterkirby/gbbattery/RedBoard.JPG
Anyway, it's possible to change it, so after 19 years it's possible that the battery is dead XD

RE: Recent Purchases - DRAGON KING - Nov. 16, 2014

Wow I never knew that... Ah, the nostalgia, I used to have a GB.

RE: Recent Purchases - #Mr. Awesome# - Nov. 16, 2014

(Nov. 15, 2014  11:30 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Anyway, it's possible to change it, so after 19 years it's possible that the battery is dead XD

You'd think you'd have more problems with the game rusting out...

RE: Recent Purchases - MissingNo. - Nov. 16, 2014

(Nov. 16, 2014  2:42 AM)Andrios77 Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2014  11:30 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Anyway, it's possible to change it, so after 19 years it's possible that the battery is dead XD

You'd think you'd have more problems with the game rusting out...

Obviously the components of the game are "scelled" inside the cartridge, so it won't be rusted.

RE: Recent Purchases - #Mr. Awesome# - Nov. 16, 2014

(Nov. 16, 2014  3:18 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Obviously the components of the game are "scelled" inside the cartridge, so it won't be rusted.
"Scelled"? What's that?

RE: Recent Purchases - Neo - Nov. 16, 2014

Most likely, it will save.
These RB carts don't die as easily as GSC's clock and save battery.
RS's clock dies more frequently then a RBY save battery.
Don't worry bout it.
I've had at least 10 of these games from garage sales and goodwills. Only one didn't work.
None died after.

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Nov. 16, 2014

I can vouch for that. I've had numerous copies of Pokémon games over the years and the only ones that have ever died out on me were Gold and Silver. I have seen dead copies of RSE, but I've yet to own one.

RE: Recent Purchases - Neo - Nov. 16, 2014

Crystal seems better in the battery dept.
It's insanely hard to find GS working.
May as well be NIB, best bet.

RE: Recent Purchases - MissingNo. - Nov. 16, 2014

(Nov. 16, 2014  6:03 AM)Andrios77 Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2014  3:18 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Obviously the components of the game are "scelled" inside the cartridge, so it won't be rusted.
"Scelled"? What's that?

Sorry, I mean "sealed" my bad.

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Nov. 16, 2014

(Nov. 16, 2014  9:17 AM)Neo Wrote: Crystal seems better in the battery dept.

Yeah but if you buy it NIB there's a chance that the battery has corroded by now. Might as well just plan to purchase a battery and tri-wing screw driver if you have any plans to pick up either game.

RE: Recent Purchases - Neo - Nov. 17, 2014

(Nov. 16, 2014  8:05 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2014  9:17 AM)Neo Wrote: Crystal seems better in the battery dept.

Yeah but if you buy it NIB there's a chance that the battery has corroded by now. Might as well just plan to purchase a battery and tri-wing screw driver if you have any plans to pick up either game.

Well technically it wouldn't have been activated, or in the process of usage. There is no save file, so..

RE: Recent Purchases - Wizard - Nov. 17, 2014

(Nov. 17, 2014  1:34 AM)Neo Wrote: Well technically it wouldn't have been activated, or in the process of usage. There is no save file, so..
Batteries corrode, it happens. If the battery is not being used, that is exactly what will happen. Check the video below.