World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - TimeOut - Mar. 09, 2015

Did someone update the little banner with the logos of prominent (heaviest posting) members? I hadn't noticed mine on there before, but it is now. Or had I just missed it?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Calculator Carp - Mar. 09, 2015

(Mar. 09, 2015  5:51 AM)Time Wrote: Did someone update the little banner with the logos of prominent (heaviest posting) members? I hadn't noticed mine on there before, but it is now. Or had I just missed it?

What Banner? I looked all over the Member List and everything, the closest thing I found was the staff list.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shido-kun - Mar. 09, 2015

(Mar. 09, 2015  6:03 AM)Crazy Carp Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2015  5:51 AM)Time Wrote: Did someone update the little banner with the logos of prominent (heaviest posting) members? I hadn't noticed mine on there before, but it is now. Or had I just missed it?

What Banner? I looked all over the Member List and everything, the closest thing I found was the staff list.

He means the banner when you log-out.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kei - Mar. 11, 2015

(Mar. 07, 2015  11:30 PM)Time Wrote: Beywiki looks a lot more like a regular wikipedia page after the host change

That's because we updated the wiki software when we changed hosts and our layout apparently wasn't compatible anymore. Is that right @[Kai-V]? Does an updated version of our old layout for the wiki not exist anywhere that we can use?

Nope, it's the same as it has been since we added the banners.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Mar. 11, 2015

I will look into the layout this weekend probably.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Ocean - Mar. 11, 2015

I feel like a few months ago, the WBO wasn't too Beyblade focused, but the Anime North announcement brought it back. Is that just me?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kei - Mar. 12, 2015

(Mar. 11, 2015  11:53 PM)Ocean Wrote: I feel like a few months ago, the WBO wasn't too Beyblade focused, but the Anime North announcement brought it back. Is that just me?

A few months ago we were focused on making sure the site was live at all due to the hellish transition to new hosts that we went through (and are still experiencing the after effects of). Smile

That said, I still don't understand the comment because we also had several substantial things happening towards the end of last year and into the start of this year too (introduced Team Format, WBO Book Announcement, WBO VI Anniversary/Scavenger Hunt, Lowered Participant Limit for WBO OP, several new BeyChannel videos, not to mention Anime North, etc.), and amidst all of that we also have a massive update to the BeyPoint System on the backburner currently. There's lots to be excited about!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DaSacredKnee - Mar. 15, 2015

I noticed a slight change in the index page.

The column on the left side is wider than usual.

Edit: Hm, it was like that a moment ago.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Tri - Mar. 16, 2015

Welp, I've officially been a member for 3 years now. The site has went through some big evolutions in the time I've been a member. Starting out in high activity towards the end of 4D put me in a place where I never thought I'd be a contributor whatsoever (also considering I was like 13). I learned the trade a little bit and after countless scenarios of making people hate me, I finally got the grasp on everything and started helping out the best I could. That went on for quite a while and I felt like I was definitely becoming more and more knowledgable (even became a mod at some point in here lol). I tried to fix up bad relations with people and in the process made better and worse ones. People left that I truly looked up to and I tried my best to fill those spots. That italic username nearly took over my body because I wanted it so bad. After a while, I just kinda lost the interest to do a lot of my goals I had planned on here. It really has not been regained now either, but I'm glad to say I did what I could in the 3 years I have been a member here. There are many more to come, but my Beyblade days are over (unless of course there is a new series) Smile.

Thanks for standing me WBO committee.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - OwnageDerp - Mar. 19, 2015

Hooph, it's been a while since I posted online as myself and on here. (Yes, ive been Smash Bros roleplaying, PM if interested) Why is it so inactive here? I've noticed since a month ago if I check here 4-5 hours apart, only 4 new posts. That's never happened before, is it the drought of new releases? Or is it the slowly building hype for AN delaying posts?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Mar. 19, 2015

(Mar. 19, 2015  2:52 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Hooph, it's been a while since I posted online as myself and on here. (Yes, ive been Smash Bros roleplaying, PM if interested) Why is it so inactive here? I've noticed since a month ago if I check here 4-5 hours apart, only 4 new posts. That's never happened before, is it the drought of new releases? Or is it the slowly building hype for AN delaying posts?

Personally, I find that there are more new posts than there were last month ...

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - OwnageDerp - Mar. 19, 2015

(Mar. 19, 2015  3:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2015  2:52 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Hooph, it's been a while since I posted online as myself and on here. (Yes, ive been Smash Bros roleplaying, PM if interested) Why is it so inactive here? I've noticed since a month ago if I check here 4-5 hours apart, only 4 new posts. That's never happened before, is it the drought of new releases? Or is it the slowly building hype for AN delaying posts?

I guess. Then again I haven't been visiting as actively for a month so I wouldn't really know. It is nice to be interacting with a moderator that doesn't abuse their power. That's a plus.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Mar. 19, 2015

(Mar. 19, 2015  3:27 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2015  3:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

I guess. Then again I haven't been visiting as actively for a month so I wouldn't really know. It is nice to be interacting with a moderator that doesn't abuse their power. That's a plus.

That was one moderator..... Everyone else is pretty fair.

Why is everybody so obsessed with becoming advanced? The only thing you can do that you couldn't before was post in the advanced forum (which is now pretty dead.), right?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Mar. 19, 2015

It's just for the show. Like, hey, I'm an Advanced member, I'm always right and I can't be wrong. Every fact or information that is not from me is wrong.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Mar. 19, 2015

(Mar. 19, 2015  6:28 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2015  3:27 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2015  3:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Personally, I find that there are more new posts than there were last month ...

That was one moderator..... Everyone else is pretty fair.

Why is everybody so obsessed with becoming advanced? The only thing you can do that you couldn't before was post in the advanced forum (which is now pretty dead.), right?

Eh, bragging rights? The position? TBH I don't see it being that beneficial, beneficial would be getting free Beyblades for a week!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Leone19 - Mar. 19, 2015

When the Advanced forum was more active, it was probably a huger deal- it allowed members to discuss things in detail with others who were at their "levels" of knowledge.

Still, I feel like it's a beneficial thing; it really rewards the member for the dedication to the hobby and kinda gives something to "motivate" other users to improve.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Dark_Mousy - Mar. 19, 2015

So apparently my experience in the WBO has been responsible for me getting about 4 job offers in the last 24 hours. Including 2 separate job offers from the YMCA.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Mar. 19, 2015

Nice, there is always a way to twist your experience into good traits for employers hah. It may not show, but we are achieving a stressful and mindful activity by hosting.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Angry Face - Mar. 19, 2015

(Mar. 19, 2015  4:49 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: It's just for the show. Like, hey, I'm an Advanced member, I'm always right and I can't be wrong. Every fact or information that is not from me is wrong.

I can't name anybody like that. Have you ever seen any Advanced member post with that kind of attitude? :\

We're here to talk about Beyblade too, you know; no need for mockery. Smile

(Mar. 19, 2015  5:02 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2015  6:28 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Why is everybody so obsessed with becoming advanced? The only thing you can do that you couldn't before was post in the advanced forum (which is now pretty dead.), right?

Eh, bragging rights? The position? TBH I don't see it being that beneficial, beneficial would be getting free Beyblades for a week!

I don't think anybody's ever bragged about being a "veteran" either (though, a week of free Beyblades would be great (if I could actually find any in stores ha ha...)).

Random thought: I've not been able to do much in the way of Beyblade lately, but whenever I come on here and read some posts, I feel like some members are still bitter about that totally unnecessary drama from last month or whatever...

To you guys:
Chill out?

There's really no need to continue with the hostility. What's done is done, and at this point, you're beating a dead horse (though, I guess if you're into that, then... what's wrong with you? let it RIP (but srsly)).

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Tri - Mar. 19, 2015

People will continue to beat a dead horse because they think it'll come back to life. Like when people would bash on Hazel and he'd magically reappear. I personaly don't see the self satisfaction of that but eh, to each their own.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Mar. 19, 2015

I'm not, I'm just expressing how being an advance member doesn't matter to me as much as everyone else. People will mock but are most likely because they don't own a position, MAYBE.

I'm probably not going to be a good one anyway.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kei - Mar. 20, 2015

(Mar. 19, 2015  6:37 PM)Leone19 Wrote: When the Advanced forum was more active, it was probably a huger deal- it allowed members to discuss things in detail with others who were at their "levels" of knowledge.

Still, I feel like it's a beneficial thing; it really rewards the member for the dedication to the hobby and kinda gives something to "motivate" other users to improve.

Yeah, to us it was a win-win situation. Veterans could discuss things amongst themselves without having to sift through posts from newer members who didn't have a high level of experience yet, and newer members could use the forum as a resource to find reliable information. Back in 2010 when we launched it, the forum was exploding in popularity, and the volume of posts became a huge problem, so we decided to introduce it.

What I didn't realize was how much the italicized username would become an object of such ardent desire for so many people haha.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Mitsu - Mar. 20, 2015

Kei Wrote:What I didn't realize was how much the italicized username would become an object of such ardent desire for so many people haha.

Maybe it's time to award the ones who try their hardest to reach Advanced, then. Eee

EDIT: It's ultimately the committee's decision on who goes Advanced, so just ignore this post, lol.

There are, by the way, really no Advanced members that I've seen brag to another member about their position.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Dark_Mousy - Mar. 20, 2015

(Mar. 19, 2015  8:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Nice, there is always a way to twist your experience into good traits for employers hah. It may not show, but we are achieving a stressful and mindful activity by hosting.

They actually asked me quite a few questions after the initial interview. They asked about some of the events Ive hosted and been to. They saw it as being able to connect with people and being a people person kind of thing. Either way they offered me 2 different positions. But the job I ended up taking knew of my beyblade background and it helped me in the long run.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Leone19 - Mar. 20, 2015

Ironically enough, on the past 2 of summer job applications I've just sent in, the WBO is one of the things I've listed as well.

It's always good to use hosting as a reason for having good skills with communicating with kids and taking leadership, haha.