World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Feb. 24, 2015

This one just feels reliable and trustworthy, and it's way better at quality control, as some members in other websites could start fights or talk about blader spirit nonsense. His just feels homely.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Feb. 24, 2015

I would love the chance to remake the WBO from scratch knowing what I know now. :')

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Hato - Feb. 24, 2015

(Feb. 24, 2015  7:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I would love the chance to remake the WBO from scratch knowing what I know now. :')

I don't think this community could be better Wink WBO is really a unique website.

WBO is like life; you can't undo what you do and we learn was we go along.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - sarabscientist - Feb. 24, 2015

The website banners got progressively better ahahaha Wink

The whole journey makes me feel (even if it wasn't inherently mine) like I am part of something big.

I've never seen anything like it, and as Brad mentioned, probably never will. But still wickedly cool.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - 6 God - Feb. 24, 2015

I have 691 pages haha.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Hato - Feb. 24, 2015

Was talking with Honey and he was talking about how the Beyblade Customization section is dead... Now the WBO is mostly in the off topic section (and I am there too.. Unhappy ). Let's revive the Beyblade Customization section DJ - Yeah!

Will do testings once my BB-10 comes in the mail ^__^

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BladeStorm - Feb. 25, 2015

Since then, there have been:
» 6001 new threads
» 153393 new posts

woah O.O

Had 31 unread messages too.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shido-kun - Feb. 25, 2015

(Feb. 25, 2015  12:39 AM)BladeStorm Wrote: Last visit: Mar 07 2013, 09:11 AM
» 6001 new threads
» 153393 new posts

woah O.O

You've been gone for 2 years Chocked_2

(Feb. 25, 2015  1:15 AM)Lubbock Wrote:
» 6001 new threads
» 153393 new posts

woah O.O

I think my last post before today was in 2011 or something.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shido-kun - Feb. 25, 2015

(Feb. 25, 2015  1:26 AM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2015  1:15 AM)Lubbock Wrote:
» 6001 new threads
» 153393 new posts

woah O.O

I think my last post before today was in 2011 or something.

Welcome back,I guess Wink

Thanks, I saw some beyblades on ebay and it reminded me this place existed.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Feb. 25, 2015

Man, BladeStorm, it is really nice to hear from you again. As far as I can remember, you were one of those Members who, like Aqua, just disappeared without giving much notice or reason hah.

London is actually trying to get something going at least for BeyDays, so hopefully you can stop by and perhaps play too ?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DaSacredKnee - Feb. 25, 2015

(Feb. 24, 2015  11:12 PM)UW Officer Wrote: Was talking with Honey and he was talking about how the Beyblade Customization section is dead... Now the WBO is mostly in the off topic section (and I am there too.. Unhappy ). Let's revive the Beyblade Customization section DJ - Yeah!

Will do testings once my BB-10 comes in the mail ^__^

On the topic of the Beyblade Customization section, I would like to see more Virgo wheel testing, if anybody has it and is willing to test it.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Virgo-Discussion

From the OP's test results, Virgo looks like it may have the potential of being a tier worthy stamina wheel in limited. However, those tests alone won't justify its worth without having multiple testers. That's why I'm asking for more testing for Virgo.

The only problem with the Virgo wheel is its mold differences.

@UW Officer, Congrats on your BB-10 Smile

Edit: Leone19 also has a testing thread Smile
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-Virgo-230-MB

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Mitsu - Feb. 25, 2015

UW Officer Wrote:Was talking with Honey and he was talking about how the Beyblade Customization section is dead...

Yeah, I think most can agree on this, too. Lately, the really only active thread in that forum is the BMAC2 one, like actually nothing else. Honestly, I really have no reason to post here, aside from in that forum.

By the way, cool that you popped in, BladeStorm; you seemed like a pretty cool member. Tongue_out

I am not certain anybody has no reason to post anywhere on this message board ... In fact, seeing as the site is so much quicker than and stable in the last few days, I really have motivation to add things to Beywiki, rectify its layout, possibly test Virgo since people just mentioned it, etc.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Feb. 25, 2015

Talking about the Beywiki, I think we definetly need at least a stub for Scythe Kronos.

It will definitely need a stub first, because we are nowhere near a final draft version due to those fake test results ...

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kei - Feb. 25, 2015

(Feb. 24, 2015  5:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This was great, thank you Kei! It's surreal to read about this past and feel it so vividly in my memory. Especially around the time of OtC, everything was really crazy; before OtC everything was quite scattered around EZ Board, MSN Groups, and Street Beyblade, which was the biggest. I'm still friends with one of the Street Beyblade admins!

OtC and Damashii came around the same time and if I had to be honest, of course Beholder's information was far better than anything I was capable of producing myself. He was a Japanese adult and I was some Canadian kid. But the community there was never as good as it was on OtC. I'm glad Beholder and I were on good terms back then, since I was able to learn a lot of information that, without which, I don't think Beywiki — and consequently, the WBO — would have ever existed.

I don't think we'll ever see a situation like that again. When I was a kid the internet was new and exciting, but are kids really that interested in spending all of their free time building websites about their favourite hobbies? I feel like the entrepreneurial spirit that came with being the first generation of children on the internet has been lost as the internet just becomes a more mundane aspect of life.

(Feb. 24, 2015  4:35 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If it makes you feel any better, almost all of those websites sucked. We were just doing the best with what we knew how to do. The WBO is easily better than any of those sites ever were. This is the culmination of over a decade's worth of knowledge and learning.

No problem! Thinking about stuff like that makes me excited for what the WBO Book could end up being (if we decide to seriously start working on it, that is). There's just so much history we can draw from. I came around probably the best and worst time, then: a couple months before OtC closed lol. And now that I think about it, I want to know what the hell Fun City was and why so many people from the community joined it!

That's such an interesting relationship, especially considering that there hasn't really been any Japanese Bladers since then who have been so influential and close with the community to discuss competitive aspects of the game. But maybe your relationship with Beholder was more valuable back then as a starting point for what came after; how we view the game now is certainly influenced by the knowledge that Beholder passed on. Maybe with that foundation there hasn't been any new need for someone like him to come along. Maybe it could have only existed because Beyblade was still in it's infancy and only Japan had experience with it up until that point.

Absolutely. I haven't thought about it myself a lot, but thinking back I remember vividly the types of websites you're talking about. Most of them did indeed suck, but what made them memorable was the passion that went into them as a result of the creators vested personal interest in whatever topic they covered (although many of them being built from scratch, complete with terrible graphics helped make them feel 'unique' too haha).

(Feb. 25, 2015  1:54 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Man, BladeStorm, it is really nice to hear from you again. As far as I can remember, you were one of those Members who, like Aqua, just disappeared without giving much notice or reason hah.

London is actually trying to get something going at least for BeyDays, so hopefully you can stop by and perhaps play too ?

Hi, good to see you alive and well. I'm honestly not up for participating much. I left because I disagreed with how things went at the time. It's irrelevant now though.

(Feb. 25, 2015  2:41 AM)Honey Wrote: By the way, cool that you popped in, BladeStorm; you seemed like a pretty cool member. Tongue_out

Thanks, was curious of what would be in my inbox.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - sarabscientist - Feb. 25, 2015

This is my four thousandth post and it marks my three year anniversary of being a member of the WBO!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Feb. 25, 2015

Happy anniversary? So they coincidentally lined up?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Feb. 25, 2015

Congratulation, I was going to mention it but you were faster XD

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - sarabscientist - Feb. 25, 2015

(Feb. 25, 2015  9:51 PM)UW Detective Wrote: So they coincidentally lined up?

Not really, well maybe LOL. I noticed that I was in the 3990 post range a while ago so I purposely had not been posting too much to make the numbers work out. Speaking of numbers ...

By the numbers ...
  • I have been a member for exactly three years
  • Which means 36 months ...
  • ... but 28 of them as a moderator!
  • I have made 4,000 posts
  • I have created 100 threads*
  • I earned 10 faces*
  • I am 30 spots down on the member list!
  • 9,000* private messages in total.

Nobody cares but I'm posting this for my own reference hahaha.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Feb. 25, 2015

(Feb. 25, 2015  9:58 PM)sarabscientist Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2015  9:51 PM)UW Detective Wrote: So they coincidentally lined up?

Not really, well maybe LOL. I noticed that I was in the 3990 post range a while ago so I purposely had not been posting too much to make the numbers work out. Speaking of numbers ...

By the numbers ...
  • I have been a member for exactly three years
  • Which means 36 months ...
  • ... but 28 of them as a moderator!
  • I have made 4,000 posts
  • I have created 100 threads*
  • I earned 10 faces*
  • I am 30 spots down on the member list!
  • 9,000* private messages in total.

Nobody cares but I'm posting this for my own reference hahaha.

Nonsense, it's kinda like showing your trophies and accomplishments for a yearly anniversary as a sports member, if you get what I mean by that.

But wow, a lot of tens numbers.

Also, it's nice to see a lot of views for a thread, I remember when there was this many views in a thread often, now there maybe one or two.

[Image: 2zp5vk9.jpg]

I wish I could get this for lot of threads, and I tried promoting it but everyone gives me the cold shoulder and saying this is a "zitty nerd fest" sites.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Tri - Feb. 25, 2015

I was reading Beywiki just on a bunch of random recently updated articles and it really sparked something in me. I think I'll try and get back in the swing of helping out a bit more. I sure do miss the pure joy I had battling. It may not be with testing because it's hard telling where all of my stuff has went but I do want to help with Beywiki as much as possible. Wish me luck!

Plus for the last 3 years my goal has been to be an adavnced member so I guess I can still hope for that.