World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DaSacredKnee - Feb. 18, 2015

(Feb. 18, 2015  6:09 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Apparently the Default Gallery got some new avatars.
I was quite surprised when I saw those new avatars in the default gallery. The avatars themselves were pretty unexpected, to me at least.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shido-kun - Feb. 18, 2015

Those avatars are really weird...

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Feb. 18, 2015

Should I change mine to this one ?
[Image: supertux.gif]
Seriously, it's weird that the migration put some avatar logos inside the default gallery.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Hato - Feb. 18, 2015

Its a flying penguin... Speechless

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - RagerBlade - Feb. 18, 2015

Some of them are like MySQL Avatars which is a type of host? Correct me if I'm wrong. I BELIVE most of these are from the new hosts default avatars.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Feb. 19, 2015

The host has no default avatars hah. Our programmer actually used the opportunity of this recent migration to also upgrade our MyBB software version so that we are totally up-to-date. This will also help us eventually upgrade the Beypoint System, which I am not certain I am supposed to say, but whatever hah.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Mitsu - Feb. 21, 2015

Is it just me, or does the forum header look semi-low in quality?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Ocean - Feb. 21, 2015

(Feb. 21, 2015  3:56 PM)Honey Wrote: Is it just me, or does the forum header look semi-low in quality?

It's just you...
Looks fine to me.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Cake - Feb. 21, 2015

(Feb. 21, 2015  3:56 PM)Honey Wrote: Is it just me, or does the forum header look semi-low in quality?

It looks a little grainy, but tbh I haven't bothered to look at it all that closely before, so I can't say if it's a new thing or not.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Feb. 21, 2015

It's kinda like when I use an old paint program, I save a picture and reopen it and it goes all hard to edit as the colours get mixed like an image of the web, however I can only see this logo blur when zoomed really close up.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Feb. 21, 2015

It looks normal to me Tongue_out

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Tri - Feb. 21, 2015

@[Lubbock] showed me how to clear my entire inbox at once and I wanted everyone to see this lol. Don't end up like me, haha. I had only deleted like 100 PM's since I joined …

Mind showing me? I have 751 pages of PMs.

Mind telling me how to delete my 751 pages of PMs?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Feb. 21, 2015

(Feb. 21, 2015  7:59 AM)Kei Wrote: Also, I want to emphasize that it would be immensely helpful if everyone could delete old PMs if they don't need them. The amount of disk space those are taking up (which in turn affects how much we have to pay to keep the site running every month) is astronomical.

* cough * @[DRAGON KING]'s fault * cough*

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Tri - Feb. 21, 2015

@[DRAGON KING] go to your inbox and above the messages it'll say "empty folders". Click that and check all of the boxes.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - sarabscientist - Feb. 21, 2015

(Feb. 21, 2015  9:44 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Mind showing me? I have 751 pages of PMs.

Mind telling me how to delete my 751 pages of PMs?

"Empty Folders"

[Image: KThK66O.png]

Download all of them for future reference, though. At least that's what I would do before clearing them forever.

EDIT: Beaten!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Mitsu - Feb. 21, 2015

Deleted all 2000 plus of my inbox, hope that helped. Smile

I am sincerely sorry for crashing the WBO, I'll peacefully accept any warning in given.

[Image: 2mqp5bl.jpg]

I

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Calculator Carp - Feb. 22, 2015

Even though i'v only been here for a month, i had at least 32 PMs in every folder.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - TimeOut - Feb. 22, 2015

Wish I'd seen that folder button, I spent a good half hour deleting page by page.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Hato - Feb. 22, 2015

The newest member as of the time of this post:

along with:

Could a staff member change their username; like the tv beauty bey user Pegasis_Wink

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Feb. 24, 2015

(Jan. 17, 2015  2:10 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2015  1:45 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Almost 200 members ? Haha, wow, this is a great find.

I'm pretty sure we didn't even have 1,000 members by the time we relaunched as the WBO in December 2008. We absolutely exploded in terms of membership in 2010 when Hasbro re-launched Beyblade.

(Jan. 17, 2015  1:49 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2015  1:40 AM)Kei Wrote: 200 members and we were the most popular Beyblade site in the world! I don't think anyone could ever usurp us at this point haha. Unsmith

Might as well be the only Beyblade site in the world at this point, haha. Actually... Are we? (Not including official sites from Hasbro and Takara, of course)

Basically. There's always other sites that crop up when a Beyblade series is active, but they all fade away for the most part. That said, back during the first series there was much less consistency overall in terms of where the community was focused, resulting in several memorable communities like: Street Beyblade, Off the Chain, Damashii, Beyblade Spirit, Ty Kamara (this was more Anime/Manga focused, but it's actually still up: http://z3.invisionfree.com/Ty_Kamara/index.php), Beyblade Central, GenocideBB, BeyUK, LightningRevolver, BeybladeForums ... There was so many!

Here's a couple graphics from some of those sites I happen to have saved on my computer:

This was great, thank you Kei! It's surreal to read about this past and feel it so vividly in my memory. Especially around the time of OtC, everything was really crazy; before OtC everything was quite scattered around EZ Board, MSN Groups, and Street Beyblade, which was the biggest. I'm still friends with one of the Street Beyblade admins!

OtC and Damashii came around the same time and if I had to be honest, of course Beholder's information was far better than anything I was capable of producing myself. He was a Japanese adult and I was some Canadian kid. But the community there was never as good as it was on OtC. I'm glad Beholder and I were on good terms back then, since I was able to learn a lot of information that, without which, I don't think Beywiki — and consequently, the WBO — would have ever existed.

I don't think we'll ever see a situation like that again. When I was a kid the internet was new and exciting, but are kids really that interested in spending all of their free time building websites about their favourite hobbies? I feel like the entrepreneurial spirit that came with being the first generation of children on the internet has been lost as the internet just becomes a more mundane aspect of life.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Calculator Carp - Feb. 24, 2015

(Feb. 24, 2015  5:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think we'll ever see a situation like that again. When I was a kid the internet was new and exciting, but are kids really that interested in spending all of their free time building websites about their favourite hobbies? I feel like the entrepreneurial spirit that came with being the first generation of children on the internet has been lost as the internet just becomes a more mundane aspect of life.

Like this if you cry every time. But seriously, i never got to experience these sites cause i was born 1 year after the original beyblade series, and when i was just learning to walk and talk, the plastic era fell, taking all those old websites with it. I was watching Barney the Dinosaur during the prime of these websites, even though I wanna' see em', I can't. ;_;

EDIT: I was 2 in 2005... wow.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Feb. 24, 2015

If it makes you feel any better, almost all of those websites sucked. We were just doing the best with what we knew how to do. The WBO is easily better than any of those sites ever were. This is the culmination of over a decade's worth of knowledge and learning.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - OwnageDerp - Feb. 24, 2015

Quite the culmination, I've been on other forum sites, none are as good as here, due to simplicity. This site is advanced and simple at the same time. But in a balanced way.