World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - 6 God - Jun. 25, 2014

(Jun. 22, 2014  6:20 PM)Du@l Wrote: I think you mean World Shrek Orgrenisation.

Anyway, I think I've solidified myself as the person with most username changes on the WBO? Maybe?

Flutterpants11 has 165 changes.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Neo - Jun. 25, 2014

(Jun. 25, 2014  6:46 PM)Du@l Wrote: What seven year olds have you been talking to? When I was seven, we said poo or poop.

Though maybe changing it to crud would make more sense.
This is kinda off-topic though.

MagiCrap basically.
At least then it would be funny.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Dual - Jun. 25, 2014

(Jun. 25, 2014  7:15 PM)Echizen Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2014  6:20 PM)Du@l Wrote: I think you mean World Shrek Orgrenisation.

Anyway, I think I've solidified myself as the person with most username changes on the WBO? Maybe?

Flutterpants11 has 165 changes.
Gosh darn it! Ugh, well at least I have something to do this summer.

Actually, that's going to take me 990 days, almost three years. Goody.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Angry Face - Jun. 25, 2014

(Jun. 25, 2014  6:34 PM)Du@l Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2014  6:30 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2014  6:24 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Well... Beyblades is aimed for kids. So running a Beyblade website that kids join would make sense to block words like that.

If we have to block that then poop is a swear.
Uh...no. Everyone dumbs down bad words today. When I was young, stupid was considered a swear word. Now you see kids talking about...stuff I shouldn't talk about, and swearing their heads off. Kinda sad, really. Anyway, point is, the words are different, and poop is not nearly as bad.

Those words are replaced with "carp" because they're considered profanity by the WBO. Not because they're considered "swear words" by some.

The initial response was pretty funny, though.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-WBO-Community-Rules?pid=104334#pid104334

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Jun. 25, 2014

I second that it be replaced with Magicarp , as a tribute to the best pokemon in the PokeWorld.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Dual - Jun. 25, 2014

(Feb. 16, 2009  1:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it's going to stay carp because it's annoying and should therefore discourage the use of swearing
Magicarp might be too awesome Tongue_out

(Jun. 25, 2014  7:36 PM)Du@l Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2009  1:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it's going to stay carp because it's annoying and should therefore discourage the use of swearing
Magicarp might be too awesome Tongue_out

There is no TOO awesome.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Cake - Jun. 25, 2014

(Jun. 25, 2014  7:35 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: I second that it be replaced with Magicarp , as a tribute to the best pokemon in the PokeWorld.

Lies.

PREPARE FOR REAL BEST POKEMONNNNNNNNNNNNN

But in all seriousness, I think that the "carp" thing is fine. It makes the site much more friendly for younger members, and less potentially concerning for parents. It also encourages users to avoid using swear words (of any degree of severity) and express their dissatisfaction in more constructive ways than hurling invective at anyone and everyone. Even though "cr-ap" isn't particularly awful, it's best to just eliminate anything typically classified as a swear word to maintain the site's youngster-friendliness.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Jun. 25, 2014

If you knew the origin of our use of "carp", you would totally just play along. It is from one of the legends of the World Beyblade Organization community.

(Jun. 25, 2014  10:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If you knew the origin of our use of "carp", you would totally just play along. It is from one of the legends of the World Beyblade Organization community.

It sounds silly.
I guess I could carping go along with it.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Jun. 26, 2014

(Jun. 25, 2014  10:58 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2014  10:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If you knew the origin of our use of "carp", you would totally just play along. It is from one of the legends of the World Beyblade Organization community.

It sounds silly.

Can you tell us the "Legend" sensei Kai-V?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kaneki - Jun. 26, 2014

I wasn't sure if this went here or strange dreams.

I keep having strange dreams about geetster99.

-First one: we went to AN and played Beyblade. He showed me pictures of himself.
-Second one: he was trying to trade is Golden Dragoon Face to me for my Gryph one.

Strange thing was we we're like best friends. Almost like we've known each other our whole life's.

I don't know why I only dreamt of geetster99, but it's getting really strange.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - RagerBlade - Jun. 26, 2014

(Jun. 26, 2014  1:56 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: I wasn't sure if this went here or strange dreams.

-First one: we went to AN and played Beyblade. He showed me pictures of himself.
-Second one: he was trying to trade is Golden Dragoon Face to me for my Gryph one.

Strange thing was we we're like best friends. Almost like we've known each other our whole life's.

Have you actually ever seen geetster99?

Yeah I know what he looks like, hah.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Neo - Jun. 26, 2014

(Jun. 26, 2014  1:56 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: I wasn't sure if this went here or strange dreams.

Well...
STRANGE ISN'T IT?!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - 6 God - Jun. 26, 2014

Yesterday, I had a dream were I called DKEX Pete Sampras at a Beyblade tournament...

Hmm; how does one obtain a Face Booster??

(Jun. 26, 2014  7:59 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Hmm; how does one obtain a Face Booster??

http://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=19

(Jun. 26, 2014  8:03 PM)Echizen Wrote:

How do I donate? I sure would love to!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Jun. 26, 2014

(Jun. 26, 2014  10:40 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2014  8:03 PM)Echizen Wrote:

How do I donate? I sure would love to!
one option would be to give it to a committee member at a tournament. Or go to the "passport" thing at the top of the screen and there are options on ways the WBO accepts money.

If that's too hard, here's a link for the thread Brad made: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Donate-to-the-WBO-to-make-2014-a-great-year-for-Beyblade?highlight=donate

Thanks guys!

I got told by Echizen to post so I can feel wanted.

How's this Echizen? Am I doing it right, eh?

Yes you're on your way.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Jun. 26, 2014

(Jun. 26, 2014  4:36 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2014  10:58 PM)Neo~ Wrote:

It sounds silly.

Can you tell us the "Legend" sensei Kai-V?

Sure, it comes from a fanfiction from the legendary Blader: Kenny !
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Canceling-Fighting-Animals?pid=72084#pid72084
This is where "carp" actually started, but read the whole thing from the beginning, and keep in mind that none of it was censored at all hahah.