World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - i'm batman - Aug. 12, 2021

(Aug. 12, 2021  4:12 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Um, I have a question.
I’ve noticed that in Kiryu Kazuma’s Beyblade Burst: Kiwami! thread, recent replies haven’t been showing despite appearing on the Latest Posts page, and that notably didn’t happen before some spammer posted on the thread. It’s also worth noting that said spammer didn’t appear on the Latest Posts for some strange reason, is this related in any way to the more recent posts not appearing and that clicking on the newest ones always redirects me to the start of the thread instead of the end?

And the posts are appearing again after the spam was removed.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - Aug. 16, 2021

Does anyone think we could get a potential Tag Battle Format? I've been thinking about it for a while, and I honestly think it could work, there are stadiums big enough to hold four Beys and I honestly think it'd be fun to hold something like The Legend's Festival like the teams would get randomized and the four people with the most points go to the finals in 1 V 1s and that's how it could work, anyone wants to add on or give some feedback?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - CheetoBlader - Aug. 16, 2021

(Aug. 16, 2021  8:41 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Does anyone think we could get a potential Tag Battle Format? I've been thinking about it for a while, and I honestly think it could work, there are stadiums big enough to hold four Beys and I honestly think it'd be fun to hold something like The Legend's Festival like the teams would get randomized and the four people with the most points go to the finals in 1 V 1s and that's how it could work, anyone wants to add on or give some feedback?

It seems too chaotic and I don’t think it’d work well.

I’d do a tourney to try it out, but I’m more interested in HyperSphere format.

I’d be down to make a ruleset for it for fun though,

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - LJ-Blader - Aug. 16, 2021

I would love to try to make and participate in that format, it sounds fun! Though I do agree that I would probably be chaos.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - USN - Aug. 17, 2021

(Aug. 16, 2021  8:41 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Does anyone think we could get a potential Tag Battle Format? I've been thinking about it for a while, and I honestly think it could work, there are stadiums big enough to hold four Beys and I honestly think it'd be fun to hold something like The Legend's Festival like the teams would get randomized and the four people with the most points go to the finals in 1 V 1s and that's how it could work, anyone wants to add on or give some feedback?

I do not think it would work for ranked. First of all, there would be trouble choosing partners. People might feel like they are being held back, which could lead to conflict. Second of all, much of the strategy of the game is taken away. It essentially becomes try not to get sniped and run for your life. It is always your best chance to simply run from the chaos.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - Aug. 17, 2021

(Aug. 17, 2021  12:07 AM)USN Wrote:

I do not think it would work for ranked. First of all, there would be trouble choosing partners. People might feel like they are being held back, which could lead to conflict. Second of all, much of the strategy of the game is taken away. It essentially becomes try not to get sniped and run for your life. It is always your best chance to simply run from the chaos.

I wasn't really thinking about making it Ranked, just, a fun way to kill some time on a Saturday and there would probably be a notice about the Partners being randomized but other than that, your correct, it'll be chaotic, when and if I become an Organizer I'll think this over to make it more controlled and the other stuff you mentioned, thanks for all your feedback Grin

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - USN - Aug. 17, 2021

(Aug. 17, 2021  12:12 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2021  12:07 AM)USN Wrote: I do not think it would work for ranked. First of all, there would be trouble choosing partners. People might feel like they are being held back, which could lead to conflict. Second of all, much of the strategy of the game is taken away. It essentially becomes try not to get sniped and run for your life. It is always your best chance to simply run from the chaos.

I wasn't really thinking about making it Ranked, just, a fun way to kill some time on a Saturday and there would probably be a notice about the Partners being randomized but other than that, your correct, it'll be chaotic, when and if I become an Organizer I'll think this over to make it more controlled and the other stuff you mentioned, thanks for all your feedback Grin
For a way to kill time I think this is awesome. Someone tried to get one started at my last tournament, but it didn't gain traction.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Aug. 19, 2021

I participated in the discussion about this on the WBO server and thought Id mention some main ideas here. Im a little tentative to speak because I dont attend tournaments myself and I feel like I dont have much of an input (thus, I credit the ideas mentioned here to the said people on the server)

A couple people think that WBO tournament threads should only be used by tournament participants. Because as of late, theres an ongoing spam of people who repeatedly mention “I cant go” or similar on every thread. An idea is that the threads could lock users from replying until they hit the registration button

Because some people dont really enjoy users who come onto that thread only to talk or say that they cant go. This has happened more than once

Edit: Adding on, I want to say that I personally dont like gatekeeping who can say what on threads. I do acknowledge that it can cause some troubles and be unfair towards certain groups of people, as not everyone attends tournaments. But I do agree that people need to tone down their chattiness, as some remarks did bug some users I know

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - Aug. 19, 2021

(Aug. 19, 2021  4:03 AM)BurningSands Wrote: I participated in the discussion about this on the WBO server and thought Id mention some main ideas here. Im a little tentative to speak because I dont attend tournaments myself and I feel like I dont have much of an input (thus, I credit the ideas mentioned here to the said people on the server)

A couple people think that WBO tournament threads should only be used by tournament participants. Because as of late, theres an ongoing spam of people who repeatedly mention “I cant go” or similar on every thread. An idea is that the threads could lock users from replying until they hit the registration button

Because some people dont really enjoy users who come onto that thread only to talk or say that they cant go. This has happened more than once

Edit: Adding on, I want to say that I personally dont like gatekeeping who can say what on threads. I do acknowledge that it can cause some troubles and be unfair towards certain groups of people, as not everyone attends tournaments. But I do agree that people need to tone down their chattiness, as some remarks did bug some users I know

I mean, it sounds like a good idea but there are also backfires to doing this 1. Say if someone has a question about the tournament and they don't want to join in till they get their question awnsered and also other people could be wondering the same thing so, you can't really just PM The Organizer. 2. Organizers are sometimes too busy to reply in time, this could also be a problem because an Organizer has their normal lives and have to host a tournament, so, they might not have time to answer any questions but some experienced Bladers can answer the question even when they're not entering the tournament, this especially goes for new areas getting tournaments recently. That's all I wanted to add on because this is a good idea but it also has some tradeoffs.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Aug. 19, 2021

(Aug. 19, 2021  4:18 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I mean, it sounds like a good idea but there are also backfires to doing this 1. Say if someone has a question about the tournament and they don't want to join in till they get their question awnsered and also other people could be wondering the same thing so, you can't really just PM The Organizer. 2. Organizers are sometimes too busy to reply in time, this could also be a problem because an Organizer has their normal lives and have to host a tournament, so, they might not have time to answer any questions but some experienced Bladers can answer the question even when they're not entering the tournament, this especially goes for new areas getting tournaments recently. That's all I wanted to add on because this is a good idea but it also has some tradeoffs.

You are right, which is why I said Im not particularly digging the idea of locking certain users outside the thread. As I noted, its a possible idea but it has its own set of problems

In the meantime, some users are pretty annoyed with the content on the tournament threads. They think people need to stop going on every thread and saying “I cant go” or “win this for me!” or other misc. remarks. Once or twice is cool (I cant speak for everyone), but on every thread? 

Looks kinda more like farming posts and not contributing to much, which some users feel miffed at. I guess in the end, we should keep stuff to ourselves — if it doesnt move the thread, then dont post ig

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BladerGem - Aug. 19, 2021

(Aug. 19, 2021  4:34 AM)BurningSands Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2021  4:18 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I mean, it sounds like a good idea but there are also backfires to doing this 1. Say if someone has a question about the tournament and they don't want to join in till they get their question awnsered and also other people could be wondering the same thing so, you can't really just PM The Organizer. 2. Organizers are sometimes too busy to reply in time, this could also be a problem because an Organizer has their normal lives and have to host a tournament, so, they might not have time to answer any questions but some experienced Bladers can answer the question even when they're not entering the tournament, this especially goes for new areas getting tournaments recently. That's all I wanted to add on because this is a good idea but it also has some tradeoffs.
Looks kinda more like farming posts and not contributing to much, which many users are miffed at. I guess in the end, we should keep stuff to ourselves — if it doesnt move the thread, then dont post ig

Unfortunately, not everyone has the same level of understanding of forum etiquette as you do. If they did, this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - HyperSpriggan - Aug. 19, 2021

No strategy except tornado stalling while the others fight in the middle I guess.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - th!nk - Aug. 22, 2021

So fun fact, the passport system is technically still there in the background, and Kai-V's account still sends the automated PM when you purchase one - worth every cent imo.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Tri - Aug. 22, 2021

(Aug. 22, 2021  3:42 PM)th!nk Wrote: So fun fact, the passport system is technically still there in the background, and Kai-V's account still sends the automated PM when you purchase one - worth every cent imo.

I remember the passports being a thing but I can’t remember what they did haha hahWas it like a tournament fee waiver for a year or however long?

I would probably cry a little seeing a PM from Kai-V lol.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - ~Mana~ - Aug. 22, 2021

(Aug. 22, 2021  3:42 PM)th!nk Wrote: So fun fact, the passport system is technically still there in the background, and Kai-V's account still sends the automated PM when you purchase one - worth every cent imo.

(Aug. 22, 2021  5:48 PM)Tri Wrote: I remember the passports being a thing but I can’t remember what they did haha hahWas it like a tournament fee waiver for a year or however long?

We haven't technically removed the Passport system. Existing Passports are frozen at the moment, and the system will return when entry fees resume. We just hid most references to it because it just isn't worth people getting and provides no benefit at the moment.

We only paused the whole thing because of some PayPal issues (that went on far too long), and have continued this since registering as an NfPO as well as there are some hurdles from that perspective as well.

But it'll come back eventually, and hopefully in a bit more interesting form!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - GenesisBlader - Aug. 22, 2021

IMP (in my perspective) the WBO has been pretty inactive lately (please nobody quote me on this, and i know people have to go on about their lives) so is there something that anyone loves or hates about fanfics?

what i love about fanfics is that you can be creative with it and even make your own story like to me its so amazing!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Hollowmind13 - Aug. 22, 2021

Answering GenesisBlader : I like the "your own world" thing, but also the creativity that the person uses while creating it (some times, there are exceptions).

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Aug. 23, 2021

Man, I really dislike sounding like a cynic. I think its a recurring pattern with me whenever Im on this thread (yes, I do try being positive) but Ill answer the question right:

Personally, I just dont like how most fanfics are stale. It just feels like every single fanfic — even by different users — has the same protagonist. The lack of uniqueness, the lack of characterization... One or two fanfics with this case is fine, but theres an outstanding amount of stories that do not have characterization. It makes me sad, because now the WBO server frequently mocks fanfics

Nowadays, there are so many poor characters and respective fanfics to the point they overshadow the good fanfics on this site. Maybe people on the WBO would like fanfics if they had more effort put into them, I dont know. But at the moment, I dont blame people for joking about how bad fanfiction can be. I wish the protagonists can be a little more unique and the story is a little more than lifeless and bland

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - GenesisBlader - Aug. 23, 2021

(Aug. 23, 2021  1:15 AM)BurningSands Wrote: Man, I really dislike sounding like a cynic. I think its a recurring pattern with me whenever Im on this thread (yes, I do try being positive) but Ill answer the question right:

Personally, I just dont like how most fanfics are stale. It just feels like every single fanfic — even by different users — has the same protagonist. The lack of uniqueness, the lack of characterization... One or two fanfics with this case is fine, but theres an outstanding amount of stories that do not have characterization. It makes me sad, because now the WBO server frequently mocks fanfics

Nowadays, there are so many poor characters and respective fanfics to the point they overshadow the good fanfics on this site. Maybe people on the WBO would like fanfics if they had more effort put into them, I dont know. But at the moment, I dont blame people for joking about how bad fanfiction can be. I wish the protagonists can be a little more unique and the story is a little more than lifeless and bland

hmm i like your opinion... basically mine but with much more detail (also what hollow said)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - th!nk - Aug. 23, 2021

(Aug. 22, 2021  6:33 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:

(Aug. 22, 2021  5:48 PM)Tri Wrote: I remember the passports being a thing but I can’t remember what they did haha hahWas it like a tournament fee waiver for a year or however long?

We haven't technically removed the Passport system. Existing Passports are frozen at the moment, and the system will return when entry fees resume. We just hid most references to it because it just isn't worth people getting and provides no benefit at the moment.

We only paused the whole thing because of some PayPal issues (that went on far too long), and have continued this since registering as an NfPO as well as there are some hurdles from that perspective as well.

But it'll come back eventually, and hopefully in a bit more interesting form!

"Support the wbo and be a chill dude AND get a PM from Kai-V" seems worth imo. 

I feel like I missed so much important stuff during that change to an NfPO 😅

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zeutron - Aug. 28, 2021

(Aug. 28, 2021  2:06 PM)USN Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2021  9:55 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: I think it means like they must have the same structure

Also, I feel that the Beyblade Wiki is useless. It says things like Archer Hercules is top tier, while obviously it isn't. How come no one every uupdates it?

Beyblade Wiki is NOT useless. Archer Hercules used to be on the watchlist. You have to cut them some slack. Many part descriptions are still accurate. I personally use the wiki all the time for anything Beyblade related.

Yeah, gotta disagree there. Fact of the matter is, it does have a lot of issues and isn't very accurate (most of the part descriptions are only accurate as far as literal visual descriptions go). Perhaps  "useless" isn't the perfect word to use especially when taking into consideration the effort of the many people who have contributed to it over the years but it is undoubtedly not very useful anymore per say, at least in not regards to competitive play. It always tends to remain very outdated and slow on updates, drafts are hardly approved for the beywiki these days and when they are, it still takes forever for the changes to be implemented. Heck, even the character pages are lacking in information and hardly receive any significant updates.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - PinkRose - Aug. 28, 2021

(Aug. 28, 2021  5:03 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2021  2:06 PM)USN Wrote: Beyblade Wiki is NOT useless. Archer Hercules used to be on the watchlist. You have to cut them some slack. Many part descriptions are still accurate. I personally use the wiki all the time for anything Beyblade related.

Yeah, gotta disagree there. Fact of the matter is, it does have a lot of issues and isn't very accurate (most of the part descriptions are only accurate as far as literal visual descriptions go). Perhaps  "useless" isn't the perfect word to use especially when taking into consideration the effort of the many people who have contributed to it over the years but it is undoubtedly not very useful anymore per say, at least in not regards to competitive play. It always tends to remain very outdated and slow on updates, drafts are hardly approved for the beywiki these days and when they are, it still takes forever for the changes to be implemented. Heck, even the character pages are lacking in information and hardly receive any significant updates.

It's a partial downside of limited ability of users to edit the wiki...but then again, from what I've heard, the last time users were allowed to the wiki was even more unreliable than it currently is, and in more ways than one. I honestly don't know how to reach a middle ground where we have enough consistent users on the wiki and make sure those users aren't a bunch of kids slapping incorrect facts and meaningless trivia on any page they touch.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zeutron - Aug. 28, 2021

(Aug. 28, 2021  8:07 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2021  5:03 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah, gotta disagree there. Fact of the matter is, it does have a lot of issues and isn't very accurate (most of the part descriptions are only accurate as far as literal visual descriptions go). Perhaps  "useless" isn't the perfect word to use especially when taking into consideration the effort of the many people who have contributed to it over the years but it is undoubtedly not very useful anymore per say, at least in not regards to competitive play. It always tends to remain very outdated and slow on updates, drafts are hardly approved for the beywiki these days and when they are, it still takes forever for the changes to be implemented. Heck, even the character pages are lacking in information and hardly receive any significant updates.

It's a partial downside of limited ability of users to edit the wiki...but then again, from what I've heard, the last time users were allowed to the wiki was even more unreliable than it currently is, and in more ways than one. I honestly don't know how to reach a middle ground where we have enough consistent users on the wiki and make sure those users aren't a bunch of kids slapping incorrect facts and meaningless trivia on any page they touch.

All it would take is a little bit of commitment from various people. It is as simple as a couple proof reads and some actual attention. A lot of the people who work hard whilst creating these drafts have zero say in what actually goes on and aren't really associated with the beywiki, they just do it for the sake of helping out.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Aug. 28, 2021

Im considering making a thread about the constantly-revisited fanfiction spam topic and touching upon solutions mentioned by Mana and other users

Thoughts? I would like to check for interest because I have time to write an essay about that, so we can put that topic there instead of here (since, again, its quite a revisited topic that might warrant its own thread. I cant quite put it on my pinned fanfic thread since its more about the organization of the site)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - LegendJustice - Aug. 28, 2021

(Aug. 28, 2021  8:55 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Im considering making a thread about the constantly-revisited fanfiction spam topic and touching upon solutions mentioned by Mana and other users

Thoughts? I would like to check for interest because I have time to write an essay about that, so we can put that topic there instead of here (since, again, its quite a revisited topic that might warrant its own thread. I cant quite put it on my pinned fanfic thread since its more about the organization of the site)

I myself stopped making threads about my fan fictions and I’ll just use one thread for my fan-fics but I have seen more increase of people making thread after thread.

(Aug. 28, 2021  8:55 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Im considering making a thread about the constantly-revisited fanfiction spam topic and touching upon solutions mentioned by Mana and other users

I myself stopped making threads about my fan fictions and I’ll just use one thread for my fan-fics but I have seen more increase of people making thread after thread.