World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - Jul. 15, 2021

(Jul. 15, 2021  2:40 AM)BurningSands Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2021  2:33 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: So I have thought about tournaments maybe WBO Organizers could do like a combo tournament or something without going to the tournament basically what #Fafnir and BuilderBob are doing except you can get ranked for it! And the players can suggest a combo they'd want to use and if they win their personal rank goes up for people like me that don't have access to tournaments and don't want to drive 5 hours to get to one. It's just a thought nothing too serious

As in, CBTs? If thats the case:

In my opinion, that would be unnecessary to implement onto the WBO site. Coding is hard as it is already, and coding up a whole new ranking system for CBTs is not worth the effort. Its not worth the effort for something that was meant to be somewhat more of a leisure than actual tournaments. Believe me, there are plenty of people like me who will never Blade at an actual tournament. Yet we still participate in CBTs

And although I hate to be the “but others have it harder/have more effort” person, its pretty possible to drive for hours to go to a tournament. With enough effort and time, you can drive or fly far away with get to a tournament. Plenty of Bladers mentioned taking the said effort to do that

Sorry if this sounds like a cruddy answer — I just dont think the WBO should think too hard to find a way to put everyone on a pedestal

If youre not talking about CBTs, ignore me. Thank you

(Jul. 15, 2021  2:42 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2021  2:33 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: So I have thought about tournaments maybe WBO Organizers could do like a combo tournament or something without going to the tournament basically what #Fafnir and BuilderBob are doing except you can get ranked for it! And the players can suggest a combo they'd want to use and if they win their personal rank goes up for people like me that don't have access to tournaments and don't want to drive 5 hours to get to one. It's just a thought nothing too serious

This is a terrible idea. This would require organizers to have at least 2 of every part to make things fair, which is quite pricey. Not to mention the fact that a whole ranking system for CBTs is kinda pointless.

Why not just stick to the CBTs on the site now?

Thanks for your feedback! :")

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Aug. 01, 2021

Whats up with randomly bolding whole sentences now? Its a little hard to describe what I mean without screenshotting examples — I would see users putting ordinary sentences and replies all bolded. Bolding titles and using them importantly is a different matter and Im not talking about that

It seems like theres something new each month — first the mini “trend” where people use spoilers for jokes and non-serious matters, now bolding whole posts and replies. It doesnt hurt anyone, but I ask anyway out of curiosity

Edit: Im not sure if its some sort of bug. I did have some cases where bolding couldnt be turn off unless you spam the bold button. It could be that?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BladerGem - Aug. 01, 2021

(Aug. 01, 2021  6:21 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Whats up with randomly bolding whole sentences now? Its a little hard to describe what I mean without screenshotting examples — I would see users putting ordinary sentences and replies all bolded. Bolding titles and using them importantly is a different matter and Im not talking about that

It seems like theres something new each month — first the mini “trend” where people use spoilers for jokes and non-serious matters, now bolding whole posts and replies. It doesnt hurt anyone, but I ask anyway out of curiosity

Edit: Im not sure if its some sort of bug. I did have some cases where bolding couldnt be turn off unless you spam the bold button. It could be that?

TBH, I'd prefer someone using bold to someone using Comic Sans as their font.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - LegendJustice - Aug. 01, 2021

(Aug. 01, 2021  6:21 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Whats up with randomly bolding whole sentences now? Its a little hard to describe what I mean without screenshotting examples — I would see users putting ordinary sentences and replies all bolded. Bolding titles and using them importantly is a different matter and Im not talking about that

It's a glitch for me at least...

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Hollowmind13 - Aug. 01, 2021

I think (My Opinion) people glued into their mind that Bold is a voice tone (in this case more serious and monotone, which makes a lil bit more sense), but I only use Bold when I want people's attention on a certain part. (It works as you can see)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - LegendJustice - Aug. 08, 2021

Deleted Post

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Aug. 08, 2021

(Aug. 08, 2021  10:29 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: #CheetoForMod2021

Spread the news

Hi, as a request of Cheeto, I would like to tell you to please dont say that. And especially not on a pinned, public thread. Cheeto has no interest in becoming mod and that is up for the WBO staff to decide and think about. Cheeto was merely joking about that and would not like people to take it seriously

If one of my fanfics is the source of that hashtag circulating, then I will probably have to cancel that story. I clearly put a disclaimer to not equate the story’s fictional premise with actual users and the WBO. I dont enjoy that and Im not going to hesitate abandoning that story, and neither does Cheeto. Thanks

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DreamBlade - Aug. 08, 2021

i feel like drama is inescapable in the wbo. Days without drama counter reset to 0.

Starting from this here's a challenge:
WBO not have drama challenge.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - ColdFlames13 - Aug. 08, 2021

Thank you dude

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zeutron - Aug. 09, 2021

The wbo has become overrun with fanfics and it is honestly killing me but that's my own problem. Maybe I'll try getting into one if I can find one that's been going on for long enough. The way I see it, the best fanfics are the ones that receive enough commitment so as to make them last.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - LegendJustice - Aug. 09, 2021

(Aug. 09, 2021  12:27 AM)Zeutron Wrote: The wbo has become overrun with fanfics and it is honestly killing me but that's my own problem. Maybe I'll try getting into one if I can find one that's been going on for long enough. The way I see it, the best fanfics are the ones that receive enough commitment so as to make them last.

Fanfics are ways to become popular for me at least but it's also really fun you get to entertain people!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - GenesisBlader - Aug. 09, 2021

(Aug. 09, 2021  12:27 AM)Zeutron Wrote: The wbo has become overrun with fanfics and it is honestly killing me but that's my own problem. Maybe I'll try getting into one if I can find one that's been going on for long enough. The way I see it, the best fanfics are the ones that receive enough commitment so as to make them last.

oh im sorry it's just fanfics whats the problem, also there are a bunch of other threads

yeah i think the same too

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Aug. 09, 2021

Nope, thats not only your problem. Even Mana noted that the problem was bad, and I agree. It sucks

[Image: image0.png]

It is mine, too — to make things worse, the quality of many fanfictions do not make up for their spammy amount. Most of them are from people who neglect their other fanfictions while making a new thread every week. And many of them are pushed into new users’ faces and constantly advertised on other threads. Its annoying and spammy

To be kind and not cause trouble, I dont want to call out the users I know who are making new threads nearly every week. To those who see themselves in my words: Please at least put in some effort into your current stories. Stop spamming new ones. I certainly support what the staff are thinking at the moment — I myself have more than 1 fanfic thread, but I certainly dont spam a new story every week

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - PinkRose - Aug. 09, 2021

Hmm, I think I can agree with Mana's statement to an extent. While I myself have two threads in the Your Creations sub (one for my general creations and another for the WBO-exclusive Blader Brawl fanfic), some users are pushing it a bit too far and it might be for the best to merge all fanfics of one user into one single megathread.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - Aug. 09, 2021

I'm not really understanding what's going on, are we getting rid of fanfics are we not? Can I get a clear explanation?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Aug. 09, 2021

(Aug. 09, 2021  4:29 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I'm not really understanding what's going on, are we getting rid of fanfics are we not? Can I get a clear explanation?

As of my reply, no. Fanfics wont be gone (yet?)

One inside joke on the Discord server is making fun of how fanfics are clogging up the latest posts tab (we often make fun of annoying things on the forums). Some users are simply annoyed, some are dead serious and want fanfics gone because people keep making a new one

I think the mods are thinking rn. Keep up making new threads for fanfics every week and thatll push against so many users’ patience.

edited-in tdlr: Because of how people make a new fanfic every week, the staff thought about making it so that everyone gets only one fanfic thread

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - ColdFlames13 - Aug. 10, 2021

I suggest Delta Zakuro fan-fics then lol.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - GenesisBlader - Aug. 10, 2021

(Aug. 10, 2021  2:58 PM)ColdFlames13 Wrote:

I suggest Delta Zakuro fan-fics then lol.

lol right

i try my absolute best to make my fanfics endure (except the ones that i dont know how to continue)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - LegendJustice - Aug. 11, 2021

Ignore this post.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Jdog757 - Aug. 11, 2021

How would it look with a dark mode 🤭

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - ColdFlames13 - Aug. 11, 2021

(Aug. 11, 2021  5:59 AM)Jdog757 Wrote: How would it look with a dark mode 🤭

Like discord

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BeybladeManiac0 - Aug. 12, 2021

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, but would it be ok if I was to make a Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss thread?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - GenesisBlader - Aug. 12, 2021

(Aug. 12, 2021  2:17 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, but would it be ok if I was to make a Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss thread?

i dunno maybe

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BeybladeManiac0 - Aug. 12, 2021

(Aug. 12, 2021  2:19 AM)GenesisBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2021  2:17 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, but would it be ok if I was to make a Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss thread?

i dunno maybe

Normally, I would've already made it, but I'm not sure due to the themes and content of the shows. Hopefully a mod or staff reply.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - PinkRose - Aug. 12, 2021

Um, I have a question.
I’ve noticed that in Kiryu Kazuma’s Beyblade Burst: Kiwami! thread, recent replies haven’t been showing despite appearing on the Latest Posts page, and that notably didn’t happen before some spammer posted on the thread. It’s also worth noting that said spammer didn’t appear on the Latest Posts for some strange reason, is this related in any way to the more recent posts not appearing and that clicking on the newest ones always redirects me to the start of the thread instead of the end?
Quick edit: Sorry for the late post, it appears that these issues have already been resolved.