World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - Jun. 29, 2021

(Jun. 29, 2021  11:26 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2021  11:24 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: So Zetron you back to being online more often?

Honestly, not too sure because i'm kind of trying to make time for friends and relaxing (my summer break started a couple of days ago). I'll try to be more active on the wbo though!

K but nice to have you back Smile

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Dark red - Jun. 29, 2021

Ngl, people on this site can be toxic when it comes to Burst characters.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - eggblader - Jul. 01, 2021

dude. why are there so many spam posts.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Jul. 01, 2021

Spam posts? It depends on what specifically — on the bright side, it looks like plenty of members share that same opinion (including me). The WBO does not seem to have a lot of productive conversations nowadays. In fact, most of my notifications are people quoting me just to say “lol” and other spammy content. Which kinda makes me a little sad, because I used to see the WBO as a literate place. Now I mostly get notifications from responses that are barely more than 2 words

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - JCE_13 - Jul. 02, 2021

Please refer to the rules:

3. Frivolous posts - Posts that contain no relevant or constructive commentary. This includes one- or two-word posts such as "cool", "LOL", "I agree", "+1", "this", "me too", "no way", other equivalent comments of any length, posts consisting only of smilies or overused memes, posts about being the first post in a thread, posts about your lack of interest in the thread (ignore the thread instead), and posts with irrelevant images or videos, especially those without text. If your post will add nothing to a discussion, we recommend you don't post it.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Ryuga's Son - Jul. 03, 2021

(Jun. 29, 2021  11:26 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2021  11:24 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: So Zetron you back to being online more often?

Honestly, not too sure because i'm kind of trying to make time for friends and relaxing (my summer break started a couple of days ago). I'll try to be more active on the wbo though!

I enjoyed the debates about beyblade I had with you; I hope you can be active frequently on WBO.

Speaking of being active on WBO, I wasn't active for like a week or more here because I had some important matters on my mind and I was spending time with friends.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zeutron - Jul. 03, 2021

(Jul. 01, 2021  11:45 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Spam posts? It depends on what specifically — on the bright side, it looks like plenty of members share that same opinion (including me). The WBO does not seem to have a lot of productive conversations nowadays. In fact, most of my notifications are people quoting me just to say “lol” and other spammy content. Which kinda makes me a little sad, because I used to see the WBO as a literate place. Now I mostly get notifications from responses that are barely more than 2 words

Tell me about it, when I first joined a little over four years ago the WBO was a lot more active and noticeably less crowded with pointless conversations. One thing I noticed is that over time, a lot of the members who were active/joining during 2017-2018 as well as many present before that time started to become less and less active to the point where the WBO was more of a ghost town. The staff and organizers are really the only exceptions but this is mainly because of their involvement in the sport/community, you won't see most of them engaging in regular conversation around the forum as much as any standard member because they have better things to do. Off the top of my head, God Dragruler is really one of the only older members I recognize from back then.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Vtryuga - Jul. 03, 2021

(Jul. 03, 2021  6:24 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2021  11:45 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Spam posts? It depends on what specifically — on the bright side, it looks like plenty of members share that same opinion (including me). The WBO does not seem to have a lot of productive conversations nowadays. In fact, most of my notifications are people quoting me just to say “lol” and other spammy content. Which kinda makes me a little sad, because I used to see the WBO as a literate place. Now I mostly get notifications from responses that are barely more than 2 words

Tell me about it, when I first joined a little over four years ago the WBO was a lot more active and noticeably less crowded with pointless conversations. One thing I noticed is that over time, a lot of the members who were active/joining during 2017-2018 as well as many present before that time started to become less and less active to the point where the WBO was more of a ghost town. The staff and organizers are really the only exceptions but this is mainly because of their involvement in the sport/community, you won't see most of them engaging in regular conversation around the forum as much as any standard member because they have better things to do. Off the top of my head, God Dragruler is really one of the only older members I recognize from back then.

Completely agree. I remember we used to have long discussions about the anime and other things( I used to be active in the episode threads). Things became a bit worse last year, I don't know if its a problem or not, but yeah the WBO has changed. I aired my thoughts in a more detailed manner in May this year, in this subforum. The staff did say that they were planning some major changes and that they recognized the problem. So I guess it's better to wait and watch. 

We may have to accept the fact that the WBO has changed to todays online "chatroom world". It's fine for some people while not for others, there is no "right" answer. Let's see what the staff come up with.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Jul. 03, 2021

(Jul. 03, 2021  6:24 AM)Zeutron Wrote:

Agreed. Although I was pretty annoying back then (because I was younger), I do admit that I appreciated the more productive conversations. Its really wonderful, since the WBO is one of the few places where I can actually learn and discuss about the franchise — the fun can only last for so long talking to a stereotypical fangirl on Wattpad. Really hate to sound boomer here, but Im definitely with you and the other people thinking this site became more spammy

Its not that I hate pointless conversations and spam in general. I just happen to save a lot of my randomness and junkposting for the WBO Discord server (Discorders, we spam my Lucy meme pretty much every 2 days and do other stuff like meme on our favorite users, haha — its fun), where people say is the place for randomness after all. Like a lot of people say, theres a time and place for everything. There needs to be appropriate behavior based on the environment. I appreciate being spammed and pinged relentlessly on Discord for laughs — I just dont appreciate posting something literate only to get “lol” as the reply. I can hardly look at discussion threads anymore due to the back-and-forth quick responses that used to be rare

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - Jul. 07, 2021

Can someone please tell me what a blader passport is?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Ayane_2355 - Jul. 07, 2021

(Jul. 07, 2021  2:12 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Can someone please tell me what a blader passport is?

If I remember correctly, a Blader Passport was an old system, in which you paid a one-time fee for a pass to get into tournaments for free for a certain amount of time after, instead of paying an admission fee each time.

It has been discontinued for quite some time now, though, I believe.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DeceasedCrab - Jul. 07, 2021

Tournaments used to cost $5 USD per tournament. Alternately, you could choose to pay a $15 per year charge and attend every tournament free for a year. That was the Blader Passport.

Sometime in early 2019 WBO had some issues with their Paypal account. Those have since been resolved I believe. Last I'd heard, the staff was working on an online payment system for tournaments, and they have likely been holding off on reinstating tournament fees until that time. But it's taken quite some time. As much as organizers hate having to handle money and make change and paypal the tournament fees over to WBO, it did help support the site, and I would understand if it's reinstated. I guess they've switched over to a sponsorship model temporarily, or perhaps permanently. Who knows!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - Jul. 07, 2021

(Jul. 07, 2021  2:48 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  2:12 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Can someone please tell me what a blader passport is?

If I remember correctly, a Blader Passport was an old system, in which you paid a one-time fee for a pass to get into tournaments for free for a certain amount of time after, instead of paying an admission fee each time.

It has been discontinued for quite some time now, though, I believe.

(Jul. 07, 2021  3:56 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Tournaments used to cost $5 USD per tournament. Alternately, you could choose to pay a $15 per year charge and attend every tournament free for a year. That was the Blader Passport.

Sometime in early 2019 WBO had some issues with their Paypal account. Those have since been resolved I believe. Last I'd heard, the staff was working on an online payment system for tournaments, and they have likely been holding off on reinstating tournament fees until that time. But it's taken quite some time. As much as organizers hate having to handle money and make change and paypal the tournament fees over to WBO, it did help support the site, and I would understand if it's reinstated. I guess they've switched over to a sponsorship model temporarily, or perhaps permanently. Who knows!

Thanks guys I really appreciate it Smile

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Jul. 11, 2021

the WBO server had moved on from this topic, so I will speak my thoughts here regarding the possible changes to the Your Creations subforum

[Image: F0-EBEA45-5-CCC-4-BBF-8362-82-D3-D2-AC7651.jpg]

While I am thrilled that Your Creations isnt going to be deleted entirely (because I admit, its content is a lot better than what Wattpad has to offer), I agree with whats going on. I have no problem with people juggling multiple fanfics — its just that I feel like too many fanfics are made, only to be neglected a day later. Or that people dont put in effort and time for what they already have

Its giving fanfictions a bad reputation in a way, with so many new fanfics (bonus points for not having effort put into it) clogging the feed. While not all fanfics are bad, it kinda sucks that the fanfiction thread spam is getting bad. Not to mention people keep advertising their stories inappropriately — ex. Saying “Read my fanfic” to new users, which can be unwarranted

Ill admit, theres no way to gauge what is “high effort” in writing. Some people arent well-versed in a language so they only write a couple hundred words, while there are people like me who write 3k-worded chapters/segments

For now? Just ask yourself if youre sure about starting a new story. Dont make a new thread out of that short burst of energy, only to neglect that story a day later

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BeybladeManiac0 - Jul. 13, 2021

Has the PM feature been removed? I can't seem to PM anyone...

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - LegendJustice - Jul. 13, 2021

BeybladeManiac0 good to see you online

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BeybladeManiac0 - Jul. 13, 2021

(Jul. 13, 2021  12:49 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: BeybladeManiac0 good to see you online

Yeah, during the school holidays I had limited access to internet.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DeceasedCrab - Jul. 13, 2021

Can you please make it a minor rules violation to post non-spoiler content in a spoiler tag? And then actually enforce that rule? People have just been using it to force other people to click through to extra (usually meaningless) content in their posts. It's quite annoying and that's been going around a lot lately.

Using a spoiler tag for large images seems fine, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Jul. 13, 2021

(Jul. 13, 2021  5:12 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Can you please make it a minor rules violation to post non-spoiler content in a spoiler tag? And then actually enforce that rule? People have just been using it to force other people to click through to extra (usually meaningless) content in their posts. It's quite annoying and that's been going around a lot lately.

Using a spoiler tag for large images seems fine, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

I agree, it is rather annoying and a waste of time to click through. And just to say what examples I have seen before: People have been abusing spoiler tags to put in stuff like “jk” or plainly advertising their personal content. The spoiler tags are slowly losing their purpose because people keep using them as jokes and spam. Im really good at minding my own business and staying away from others’ banter, but this can be really annoying and inappropriate at times

Please, guys

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - CheetoBlader - Jul. 13, 2021

Yes, just because you have the ability to do something doesn’t mean you should.

It’s been over a month since y’all found out how to make spoiler tags. Aren’t y’all burnt out on them yet?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - TheElfiestElf - Jul. 13, 2021

Yeah that sort of nonsense aint cool, I would very much like to see that get added in to the rules. I have no problem if it's being used to stuff large images into and possibly there being immunity granted to the meme megathread. That's the one place I can think of where that sort of shenaniganry could serve an actual purpose.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnionDragon007 - Jul. 13, 2021

I'm back
I know I haven't been online that much
But I'll occasionally be on

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnseenBurst - Jul. 15, 2021

So I have thought about tournaments maybe WBO Organizers could do like a combo tournament or something without going to the tournament basically what #Fafnir and BuilderBob are doing except you can get ranked for it! And the players can suggest a combo they'd want to use and if they win their personal rank goes up for people like me that don't have access to tournaments and don't want to drive 5 hours to get to one. It's just a thought nothing too serious

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Jul. 15, 2021

(Jul. 15, 2021  2:33 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: So I have thought about tournaments maybe WBO Organizers could do like a combo tournament or something without going to the tournament basically what #Fafnir and BuilderBob are doing except you can get ranked for it! And the players can suggest a combo they'd want to use and if they win their personal rank goes up for people like me that don't have access to tournaments and don't want to drive 5 hours to get to one. It's just a thought nothing too serious

As in, CBTs? If thats the case:

In my opinion, that would be unnecessary to implement onto the WBO site. Coding is hard as it is already, and coding up a whole new ranking system for CBTs is not worth the effort. Its not worth the effort for something that was meant to be somewhat more of a leisure than actual tournaments. Believe me, there are plenty of people like me who will never Blade at an actual tournament. Yet we still participate in CBTs

And although I hate to be the “but others have it harder/have more effort” person, its pretty possible to drive for hours to go to a tournament. With enough effort and time, you can drive or fly far away with get to a tournament. Plenty of Bladers mentioned taking the said effort to do that

Sorry if this sounds like a cruddy answer — I just dont think the WBO should think too hard to find a way to put everyone on a pedestal

If youre not talking about CBTs, ignore me. Thank you

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - CheetoBlader - Jul. 15, 2021

(Jul. 15, 2021  2:33 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: So I have thought about tournaments maybe WBO Organizers could do like a combo tournament or something without going to the tournament basically what #Fafnir and BuilderBob are doing except you can get ranked for it! And the players can suggest a combo they'd want to use and if they win their personal rank goes up for people like me that don't have access to tournaments and don't want to drive 5 hours to get to one. It's just a thought nothing too serious

This is a terrible idea. This would require organizers to have at least 2 of every part to make things fair, which is quite pricey. Not to mention the fact that a whole ranking system for CBTs is kinda pointless.

Why not just stick to the CBTs on the site now?