World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Coach - Dec. 06, 2013

I've been coach for about a year and a half. My first name was Twisted Leone, then Klaus and then Coach and its stuck and I'm happy even though I have thought about a name change it would just be dumb.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Leone19 - Dec. 06, 2013

I don't understand why are people using Brad's (current and new) username, haha

Not to mention, someone keeps changing their name into/based on other's names... Tongue_out

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Dual - Dec. 06, 2013

(Dec. 06, 2013  3:42 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I love how the username change is back, but its bittersweet.

We have those that choose to change their name every five minutes or take someone else's (old) username, haha.
*Slowly raises hand guiltily*

I'm really on the fence about telling my friends about beyblade. I'm thinking about just showing them the site. Maybe they'll get interested before they actually know what it really is XP

(Dec. 06, 2013  3:54 AM)Ultramarine Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2013  3:42 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I love how the username change is back, but its bittersweet.

We have those that choose to change their name every five minutes or take someone else's (old) username, haha.
*Slowly raises hand guiltily*

I'm really on the fence about telling my friends about beyblade. I'm thinking about just showing them the site. Maybe they'll get interested before they actually know what it really is XP

That's how I got Bullchamp into blading. He had some in plastics, but really wasn't interested. I took him to a WBO tournament after having him join (in May), he just ordered some new DX Sets. Grin

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Dec. 06, 2013

(Dec. 06, 2013  3:51 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I don't understand why are people using Brad's (current and new) username, haha

Not to mention, someone keeps changing their name into/based on other's names... Tongue_out

But it's not really against the rules or is it? (Serious question, just wanna double check)

I answered this already in Questions about the WBO, haha.
But no, it's fine. Though it's easier for Kai-V if you keep it the same when submitting various things for the scavenger hunt, as well as tournaments.

Not to mention, its a bit confusing and misleading at first Tongue_out

@Ultramarine Ok thx, I just wanna make sure I'm not doing anything wrong Smile

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Tri - Dec. 06, 2013

Never will I change my username. I'm stuck with Tri and I don't want to make the committees job of processing the IN tournament and Kai-V keeping track of points even harder.

Yah, I'll change a lot, but if I host a tournament or when I start sending Kai-V scavenger hunt answers, I'll revert back to Ultramarine. And even after that, I'll be changing a lot, but this'll be my home base.

Same here, ill change to funny Usernames (like this one) and just change back to DRAGON KING in the end.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - *Ginga* - Dec. 06, 2013

I really like my current username, but some people are stealing the style of the name (*___*).

no that wasn't intended to be an emoticon lol.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Dec. 07, 2013

Yo, my life is absolutely busy right now. All of you playing with usernames are making my free time keeping track of points for Scavenger Hunt almost a nightmare. I will seriously not be any smarter in that aspect than a simple input machine. So, UltimiteOrion redirecting to Triforceblader when I try to give you the Face Booster AMBER you asked for ? Forget that. No compute, no Face given.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kaneki - Dec. 07, 2013

I agree. I can't even see my friends.

Please, Kai-V does her best for us. If anything, we should at least try and help. Can't you just be happy with one name?

Sorry if my post's not needed.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Dec. 07, 2013

The only reason I was changing mine so much was cuz I'm not gonna try the scavenger hunt unless I found the face. Sorry if it caused any trouble though Unhappy (i don't think did cause i didnt get a face booster or anything....), but i won't be changing it every day anymore Smile

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Cannon - Dec. 07, 2013

(Dec. 06, 2013  1:02 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I really like my current username, but some people are stealing the style of the name (*___*).

It's not stealing unless you own it ... which you don't.

(Dec. 07, 2013  3:10 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: The only reason I was changing mine so much was cuz I'm not gonna try the scavenger hunt unless I found the face. Sorry if it caused any trouble though Unhappy (i don't think did cause i didnt get a face booster or anything....), but i won't be changing it every day anymore Smile

You're not joining in on the festivities ?

(Dec. 07, 2013  6:33 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2013  1:02 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I really like my current username, but some people are stealing the style of the name (*___*).

It's not stealing unless you own it ... which you don't.

(Dec. 07, 2013  3:10 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: The only reason I was changing mine so much was cuz I'm not gonna try the scavenger hunt unless I found the face. Sorry if it caused any trouble though Unhappy (i don't think did cause i didnt get a face booster or anything....), but i won't be changing it every day anymore Smile

You're not joining in on the festivities ?
The only thing I'm trying for is finding the face, I can't do any of that other stuff............ I could try to find facts but its unlikely i could find any Unhappy

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Dual - Dec. 07, 2013

Well you should at least give it a shot. There's nothing to lose.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - th!nk - Dec. 07, 2013

Re: Impersonating well known users, I was under the impression, from experience, that it was generally frowned upon and generally resulted in manual reversion by staff.

Also yeah 100 name changes in a day wasn't funny to start with, now it's just really childish.....

I really don't see why the latter is a problem. I mean, as long as you're not currently participating in the scavenger hunt, or waiting for a tournament to be processed, it really doesn't hurt anybody. And I'm not doing it to be funny, as it's obviously not. I'm doing it because I get enjoyment out of it for some unknown reason and if it's not hurting anyone, then why does it matter?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Uwik - Dec. 07, 2013

(Dec. 07, 2013  2:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo, my life is absolutely busy right now. All of you playing with usernames are making my free time keeping track of points for Scavenger Hunt almost a nightmare. I will seriously not be any smarter in that aspect than a simple input machine. So, UltimiteOrion redirecting to Triforceblader when I try to give you the Face Booster AMBER you asked for ? Forget that. No compute, no Face given.

YES!

I'm having difficulties as well trying to cross check players' eligibility for tournament processing, plus tournament credits, plus Faces, etc. It's very time consuming, and time is a valuable thing for me these days.

Regular name change is fine, but when people start abusing it by trying to be funny (use other's nicknames, etc), it really does get annoying.

(Dec. 07, 2013  7:01 AM)th!nk Wrote: Also yeah 100 name changes in a day wasn't funny to start with, now it's just really childish.....

I agree. At this rate, it might be a good idea to just simply remove the Name Change function altogether.

/rant

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DrPepsidew - Dec. 07, 2013

Or set a limit on how many times a person can do it

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Coach - Dec. 07, 2013

(Dec. 07, 2013  3:32 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Or set a limit on how many times a person can do it

Once every 3 months, 4 times a year seems like more than enough. If somebody is not sure about a name then don't change to it. 100 times in the matter of days? To me that deserves repercussions.... and people your names are your identity on here the reason people like DrPepsidew, *Ginga*, Dark, the known tournament hosts, advanced and committee members... and the list goes on is because we have a history with them. We know who we are talking to and what to ask to them. If I want to talk plastics I ask Th!nk not somebody I'm not sure knows any more about plastics than me. If you want us to know who you are quit screwing around with your names

Sigh, but when changing usernames so much, it will only be a certain username for a couple of seconds with me at least, then after I get my desire-to-change-usernames-for-no-apparent-reason exhausted, I go back to ultramarine.
Repercussions? I know I'm not as respected or experienced as the people I'm disagreeing with, so I may be out of place, and please excuse me for it, but really? It might be a bit annoying but you shouldn't go and, say, warn them.
I think it may be a bit annoying when someone changes their username to someone else's previous one, then keeps it for awhile, but at the end of the day (or hour for that matter), I'm still Ultramarine. Plus I'm not exactly known for my expertise so I don't think I need to worry about people coming to me for help.

There weren't any rules about changing our usernames in the rules, so we didnt know. Like we said, we weren't hurting anybody and I don't really think we deserve warnings for it Unhappy. I'm sorry for changing it so much though Unhappy