World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - EarthHelios - Nov. 25, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  3:21 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2020  3:20 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: WBO nowadays there was that team war. Basically almost in every thread there was a point in where there was war.

Unfortunately yeah. There always big arguments just every man.

yup

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - NamanSpryzen - Nov. 25, 2020

An APP!!! An app for WBO! I need it, as I don't like going on the website and refreshing it! An app will be helpful, as we will get notifications about a pm, a quote, and a mention (or a @)!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Eclipse Force - Nov. 25, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  3:22 PM)NamanSpryzen Wrote: An APP!!! An app for WBO! I need it, as I don't like going on the website and refreshing it! An app will be helpful, as we will get notifications about a pm, a quote, and a mention (or a @)!

An app would be really good actually

especially with the notifications just coming to you on your mobile device so you don't have to be on 24/7

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - CheetoBlader - Nov. 25, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  5:16 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Honestly I can’t help but think that the wbo either has too many incompetent staff members or an insufficient amount of staff members in general. Maybe it’s just me but apart from Jinbee and CitrusNinja3 there are no competent/active staff members. Why not offer cheetoblader and Bladergem staff positions? They are pretty much perfect for it.
A bit late, but here it goes.

While I would love to be on the WBO staff, I’m still far from being a good mod here. Sometimes I can be too rude on accident, which would shine a bad light on the WBO if they had a rude staff member. If I was to be a staff member, I’d need to be better at making sure I don’t cross the line of firm and rude.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - kai edits - Nov. 25, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  4:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2020  5:16 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Honestly I can’t help but think that the wbo either has too many incompetent staff members or an insufficient amount of staff members in general. Maybe it’s just me but apart from Jinbee and CitrusNinja3 there are no competent/active staff members. Why not offer cheetoblader and Bladergem staff positions? They are pretty much perfect for it.
A bit late, but here it goes.

While I would love to be on the WBO staff, I’m still far from being a good mod here. Sometimes I can be too rude on accident, which would shine a bad light on the WBO if they had a rude staff member. If I was to be a staff member, I’d need to be better at making sure I don’t cross the line of firm and rude.

Still tho you make wbo more better tho

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UnionDragon007 - Nov. 25, 2020

Whats the difference between Korean Rage Longinus TT and Japanese Rage Longinus TT?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shindog - Nov. 25, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  4:40 PM)kai edits Wrote: Still tho you make wbo more better tho
This may be true, but

Isn’t it better for each member to make the WBO better by showing collective restraint? To at times to help remind each other to be courteous, post meaningful posts, and to report spam?  Rather than rely on a few mods.  How many mods will be enough if members just don’t help out?  If people like the WBO, why not all pitch in rather than ask for more policing?

Why ask for mod 1st when we can first ask ourselves?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zeutron - Nov. 25, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  5:45 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2020  4:40 PM)kai edits Wrote: Still tho you make wbo more better tho
This may be true, but

Isn’t it better for each member to make the WBO better by showing collective restraint? To at times to help remind each other to be courteous, post meaningful posts, and to report spam?  Rather than rely on a few mods.  How many mods will be enough if members just don’t help out?  If people like the WBO, why not all pitch in rather than ask for more policing?

I understand what you mean, but at the end of the day trying to reason with some people is about as effective as trying to tell an orange to peel itself, the words of a single average member are only so powerful. The thing is, this is a beyblade forum and although beyblade appeals to all ages we realistically have to understand that the majority audience are just kids. That being said, I don’t know if relying on the wbo as a whole is a good idea. It’s just inherent in the nature of young children and pre/early teens to show a lack of restraint.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shindog - Nov. 25, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  6:14 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2020  5:45 PM)Shindog Wrote: This may be true, but

I understand what you mean, but at the end of the day trying to reason with some people is about as effective as trying to tell an orange to peel itself, the words of a single average member are only so powerful. The thing is, this is a beyblade forum and although beyblade appeals to all ages we realistically have to understand that the majority audience are just kids, that being said I don’t know if relying on the wbo as a whole is a good idea. It’s just inherent in the nature of young children and pre/early teens to show a lack of restraint.
This is absolutely correct.  Since WBO welcomes members of all ages we have to accept different behavior from members of different age groups to a certain degree. Sure some members may be wise beyond their years and vice versa, but we need to all understand all are welcome.  This is clearly stated.  Let’s not let an average member try to peel an orange alone, we can all help out.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - EarthHelios - Nov. 25, 2020

I know we can make this place better if we all work together and help each other out. The fights are really not necessary.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - 6Jupiter5 - Nov. 25, 2020

CitrusNinja3 is a good mod, just @ him and explain he problem and he’ll take care of it (same story with Jinbee). CitrusNinja3 is just new so cut him some slack.

CheetoBlader wasn’t chosen for a reason (which I don’t know, but am sure exsists).

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - CitrusNinja3 - Nov. 25, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  6:14 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2020  5:45 PM)Shindog Wrote: This may be true, but

I understand what you mean, but at the end of the day trying to reason with some people is about as effective as trying to tell an orange to peel itself, the words of a single average member are only so powerful. The thing is, this is a beyblade forum and although beyblade appeals to all ages we realistically have to understand that the majority audience are just kids. That being said, I don’t know if relying on the wbo as a whole is a good idea. It’s just inherent in the nature of young children and pre/early teens to show a lack of restraint.

While standard Members or Organizers may not be able to close threads, remove posts, or give out warnings, it definitely helps when someone steps in to help deescalate a situation before a Staff Member can arrive. There's also the report button, which can make it easier for a Staff Member to find a situation that needs to be dealt with. The same way that Staff Members aren't forced to give up more time than we can afford, we're not expecting Members to deescalate every issue before we can deal with them either. We appreciate the times that someone helps and understand the times where no one is able or willing to step up to the plate.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - 6Jupiter5 - Nov. 25, 2020

I would like to say this. Don’t mini-mod, act in the shadows by reporting (but don’t spam the report button, if you see it’s been reported then leave it alone as the mods get an alert each time someone does). Mini-modding has led to problems in the past.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zeutron - Nov. 28, 2020

Anyone wanna add each other on the buddy list? I don’t think many people on the wbo like me much atm cause I’m not the nicest guy but I wanna change that. If you’re down let me know.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zeutron - Dec. 03, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  7:39 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2020  6:14 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I understand what you mean, but at the end of the day trying to reason with some people is about as effective as trying to tell an orange to peel itself, the words of a single average member are only so powerful. The thing is, this is a beyblade forum and although beyblade appeals to all ages we realistically have to understand that the majority audience are just kids. That being said, I don’t know if relying on the wbo as a whole is a good idea. It’s just inherent in the nature of young children and pre/early teens to show a lack of restraint.

While standard Members or Organizers may not be able to close threads, remove posts, or give out warnings, it definitely helps when someone steps in to help deescalate a situation before a Staff Member can arrive. There's also the report button, which can make it easier for a Staff Member to find a situation that needs to be dealt with. The same way that Staff Members aren't forced to give up more time than we can afford, we're not expecting Members to deescalate every issue before we can deal with them either. We appreciate the times that someone helps and understand the times where no one is able or willing to step up to the plate.
I know that you made this reply a while ago but after what happened in the b-176 thread, could you maybe make a pitch to the administrators to select more staff members? If you don’t feel it’s necessary I understand but even still, please take it into consideration. It wouldn’t hurt right?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BurningSands - Dec. 03, 2020

I know that every site and platform may be different, with some having worse mods compared to other and the like, though Id like to give my two cents. Im a mod on a really active site (a wiki, specifically) and Id like to offer some wisdom, albeit being late to the topic — very sorry:

(Dec. 03, 2020  3:39 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I know that every site and platform may be different, with some having worse mods compared to other and the like, though Id like to give my two cents. Im a mod on a really active site (a wiki, specifically) and Id like to offer some wisdom, albeit being late to the topic — very sorry:

I’m not sure if you were referring to me or not but if you were than I am sorry, I’m not trying to sound whiny nor am I trying to sound like I’m nagging. I just feel like what we have is insufficient, you know what I mean? We have Jinbee and CitrusNinja3 as the only active universal moderators (I don’t know who goes with what subforum) and then we have that one guy who helps with the subbing and anime/manga needs DranzerX13. Apart from those three, who have you seen active on the wbo? Not many others I assume. When you take into consideration the fact that Jinbee and CitrusNinja3 realistically can’t be online all the time since they have their own lives then you aren’t left with much. We can’t solely rely on two moderators but we also can’t rely on the members of the wbo either. Let’s face it, as we have seen lately, people don’t take average members seriously and at other times, minimodding only makes things worse. When people are stopped or reprimanded by authoritative figures they actually tend to respond in a different way whether it would be due to fear of punishment or due to unspoken respect. I do agree that being a moderator isn’t fun and is a responsibility as opposed to privilege but surely someone is a reasonable fit.

(Dec. 03, 2020  3:51 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2020  3:39 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I know that every site and platform may be different, with some having worse mods compared to other and the like, though Id like to give my two cents. Im a mod on a really active site (a wiki, specifically) and Id like to offer some wisdom, albeit being late to the topic — very sorry:

I’m not sure if you were referring to me or not but if you were than I am sorry, I’m not trying to sound whiny nor am I trying to sound like I’m complaining. I just feel like what we have is insufficient, you know what I mean? We have Jinbee and CitrusNinja3 and the only active universal moderators (I don’t know who goes with what subforum) and then we have that one guy who helps with the subbing and anime/manga needs. Apart from those three, who have you seen active on the wbo? Not many others I assume. When you take into consideration the fact that Jinbee and CitrusNinja3 realistically can’t be on all the time since they have their own lives then you aren’t left with much. We can’t solely rely on two moderators but we also can’t rely on the members of the wbo either. Let’s face it, as we have seen lately, people don’t take average members seriously and at other times, minimodding only makes things worse. When people are stopped or reprimanded by authoritative figures they actually tend to respond in a different way whether it would be due to fear of punishment or unspoken respect. I do agree that being a moderator isn’t fun and is a responsibility as opposed to privilege but surely someone is a reasonable fit.

No, Im definitely not accusing you. Im all for WBO opening up more staff and trying to find someone as soon as possible. Though, given that a lot of Beyblade’s audience are young people and teens (similar to the wiki Im on), I can definitely say that at least someone actually thinks stuff like that. Its definitely not you. Its someone out there I might never get to know, or people or in the past. All I can say for sure if that, if they want to promote someone, it would take time. A lot of the mods here are older people here after all and as you noted, they realistically cant be on all the time. I doubt they would have time for promotions and discussions, but if they can, I think itll be appreciated. We definitely need more staff

Sometimes Im afraid there might never be enough mods to keep a site standing. Where I am, we have 17-ish active mods but never enough to close/delete annoying threads or ban someone in time. Im rather surprised that the this WBO site is running fairly well on just 2-ish active ones. If we could get one or two more, that would be cool, even if it isnt much

All I suggest is that, we really need to pitch in to make ourselves the best we can. We are in charge of our own actions and therefore, we can do our best to do whats right. Like being nice to a user, or not post something that might come off as offensive. And if Im going to be honest — even though Im quite blunt and sarcastic sometimes, Im a really lenient person at heart. Im a lot more chill with minimodding compared to other mods, just as long as people know what theyre doing and not, say, feeding someone wrong info or adding fuel to the fire. Idc what anyone does as long as it doesnt cause trouble or make the mods wanna rip their hair out

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BeybladeManiac0 - Dec. 03, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  6:33 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: I know we can make this place better if we all work together and help each other out. The fights are really not necessary.

I agree!

(Dec. 03, 2020  4:00 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2020  3:51 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I’m not sure if you were referring to me or not but if you were than I am sorry, I’m not trying to sound whiny nor am I trying to sound like I’m complaining. I just feel like what we have is insufficient, you know what I mean? We have Jinbee and CitrusNinja3 and the only active universal moderators (I don’t know who goes with what subforum) and then we have that one guy who helps with the subbing and anime/manga needs. Apart from those three, who have you seen active on the wbo? Not many others I assume. When you take into consideration the fact that Jinbee and CitrusNinja3 realistically can’t be on all the time since they have their own lives then you aren’t left with much. We can’t solely rely on two moderators but we also can’t rely on the members of the wbo either. Let’s face it, as we have seen lately, people don’t take average members seriously and at other times, minimodding only makes things worse. When people are stopped or reprimanded by authoritative figures they actually tend to respond in a different way whether it would be due to fear of punishment or unspoken respect. I do agree that being a moderator isn’t fun and is a responsibility as opposed to privilege but surely someone is a reasonable fit.

No, Im definitely not accusing you. Im all for WBO opening up more staff and trying to find someone as soon as possible. Though, given that a lot of Beyblade’s audience are young people and teens (similar to the wiki Im on), I can definitely say that at least someone actually thinks stuff like that. Its definitely not you. Its someone out there I might never get to know, or people or in the past. All I can say for sure if that, if they want to promote someone, it would take time. A lot of the mods here are older people here after all and as you noted, they realistically cant be on all the time. I doubt they would have time for promotions and discussions, but if they can, I think itll be appreciated. We definitely need more staff

Sometimes Im afraid there might never be enough mods to keep a site standing. Where I am, we have 17-ish active mods but never enough to close/delete annoying threads or ban someone in time. Im rather surprised that the this WBO site is running fairly well on just 2-ish active ones. If we could get one or two more, that would be cool, even if it isnt much

All I suggest is that, we really need to pitch in to make ourselves the best we can. We are in charge of our own actions and therefore, we can do our best to do whats right. Like being nice to a user, or not post something that might come off as offensive. And if Im going to be honest — even though Im quite blunt and sarcastic sometimes, Im a really lenient person at heart. Im a lot more chill with minimodding compared to other mods, just as long as people know what theyre doing and not, say, feeding someone wrong info or adding fuel to the fire. Idc what anyone does as long as it doesnt cause trouble or make the mods wanna rip their hair out
I gotta say, you are definitely very convincing so maybe it isn’t as urgent as I think it is. I still advocate for more staff members in the future but you have a point in saying that we are responsible for our own actions at the end of the day.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BeybladeManiac0 - Dec. 03, 2020

(Nov. 25, 2020  3:22 PM)NamanSpryzen Wrote: An APP!!! An app for WBO! I need it, as I don't like going on the website and refreshing it! An app will be helpful, as we will get notifications about a pm, a quote, and a mention (or a @)!

YES!!!

YOU'RE TALKING MY LANGUAGE MAN!!!

(Dec. 03, 2020  4:05 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2020  4:00 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: No, Im definitely not accusing you. Im all for WBO opening up more staff and trying to find someone as soon as possible. Though, given that a lot of Beyblade’s audience are young people and teens (similar to the wiki Im on), I can definitely say that at least someone actually thinks stuff like that. Its definitely not you. Its someone out there I might never get to know, or people or in the past. All I can say for sure if that, if they want to promote someone, it would take time. A lot of the mods here are older people here after all and as you noted, they realistically cant be on all the time. I doubt they would have time for promotions and discussions, but if they can, I think itll be appreciated. We definitely need more staff

I gotta say, you are definitely very convincing so maybe it isn’t as urgent as I think it is. I still advocate for more staff members in the future but you have a point in saying that we are responsible for our own actions at the end of the day.

Yeah, of course. Itll be great to see some of you promoted in the future. A lot of you are fairly mature and respectful, and that kinda makes me sad when I hear how trouble doesnt get handled by mods early on. Its especially sad to me, especially when there are evidently a bunch of good people here who can discuss among each other maturely. And its also amazing to see people here who are as young as middle-schoolers, and theyre already talking like theyre a high school senior. That experience is just ruined by that bunch of advertisement bots and spammers and weirdos

Though in the end, Ill be honest, where I am isnt that much comparable to the WBO besides morals and mod expectations. At least the WBO allow underaged people, because almost every day my team has to ban kids younger than 13 for making an account. We would allow underaged people but its not legal and it would be a lot more chaotic. And a lot of the newly-turned 13-year-olds tend to make threads for shipping/bashing/crying/etc. whereas people keep themselves contained on the WBO. The WBO is great the way it is, if not lacking a few mods

Id like to be on here more often because its mature and cool, but unfortunately I have to handle real life and toxicity where I am

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Wombat - Dec. 03, 2020

Echoing the thoughts of @XSabxManiacX and Shindog I think that the feeling of lack of mods would be lessened if everyone followed the number one, emphasized rule in the introductory PM new users used to receive: Only post if you have something worth posting. This would severely cut down on the sheer number of spam, low quality content, filler posts, duplicate threads, and full blown conversations  being made daily. The WBO has a few useful features that can also reduce clutter:
- The Search Function: Use this to see if the thread you want to create or a similar one has already been created, or if a question you have has already been answered before creating a duplicate.
- PMs: Rather than just having a back and forth conversation in one of the threads, you can just message each other. Alternatively, you could use the WBO Discord for a more chat-room style instant messager.
- Liking Posts: Most one word quote replies to posts (i.e. "thanks" "yeah" "ok" "what" ) can be communicated by liking the post instead.

I'll be frank, seeing this "we need new mods/the mods aren't active enough" sentiment coming from some of the users (not any one specific person, it's probably at least like 10 people) that tend to be the primary sources of those types of unnecessary posts is a bit grating, as is the narrative that Citrus and Jinbee are the only active mods when that's blatantly not true: Going back through the past 10 pages of the modlog, KJ is actually measurably the most active mod, and Mage, TrainiacJ, myself, and ~Mana~ show up pretty frequently as well. We wouldn't need to moderate as much if you didn't need to be moderated as much.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - NamanSpryzen - Dec. 03, 2020

(Dec. 03, 2020  4:07 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:

YES!!!

YOU'RE TALKING MY LANGUAGE MAN!!!

LOL! I’m tired of refreshing WBO like 100000000000000 times!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - EarthHelios - Dec. 03, 2020

I would just say this. Ever since that breakout of Slash Dragon's vs. SpryzenLightnings its almost like on every thread someone starts a argument and then after it just goes out of control.