World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Stormscorpio1 - Apr. 12, 2016

Well what if we got some kind of chat room on the WBO? I know it probably won't happen, but it's a thought, I mean it would allow the discussions to be archived if people were using the a chat room on the WBO rather than on Skype.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Dual - Apr. 12, 2016

I think this has been attempted before by members on kik, but to have one on the WBO would be extremely difficult. Not only would there have to be a way to report SPAM, that SPAM would be extremely easy to post. Also, there would probably have to be some sort of member limit so it wouldn't just devolve into chaos, but this would lead to people trying to get in and not being able to.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Stormscorpio1 - Apr. 12, 2016

Yeah I guess, but I mean if it's taking everyone off the site we should try and do somthing, I mean it's not like we can tell people there not allowed to talk on skype lol.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - ~Mana~ - Apr. 12, 2016

True, but adding one to the site is also a risk in itself. I had a Shoutbox (essentially an on-site chat) added to B-Daman Wiki Forums a few years ago, and posting definitely decreased because people were just quickly using that instead.

Not to say a Shoutbox is a bad idea for general day-to-day discussion, but it's a risk in itself unless you lay some ground rules on if certain topics can be discussed in there, or whether they belong in their own threads.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Apr. 12, 2016

I can see adding a chat room to the site only accelerating these problems, not really reducing them.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Oi Shinji - Apr. 12, 2016

Hm...
Adding the feature of visitor-messages would be cool.
XD
Check the Pokécommunity for more details.
Grin

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Cookie Bouquets - Apr. 13, 2016

So it's been awhile since I've posted anything significant, but I'll just read up and reply what I think haha.

Yeah, there's a reason chatroom-esque threads and ideas were shut down a lot. I was for the idea of private chatrooms during their conception, but as I got more involved in the community over the year I started posting more, it made it seem like the community was devolving every day, as everyone had a grudge against each other or something lame like that, or just people dissing less knowledgeable members instead of helping them form into a decent, constructive member - myself included. The toxicity I see go through these - whether or not I'm a member of them is generally not okay, and if one person decides to rat everyone out, we get problems and misconceptions of entire local groups were it seems like they're villains; examples being the unnecessary and childish drama (which I hate bringing up, but it's such an easy point to make). It also made the WBO as a whole seem much more shut off and clique-y (or distant if that's a better word) which is not very healthy for communities in general.

As Brad said, I've seen some genuinely good ideas on combos and metagaming in some of them, but none of it ever gets said on the forums, which leads to the concept being dropped, never to be seen or heard of again.

Tl;Dr: I'm against anything chatroom related, regardless if it's shoutbox related or the sorts.

As for the Ultra and the outdated drafts - it's my job, and updating a lot of those plastic articles is what I have on my to-do list for the most part. I've been flooded with a lot of school work since my spring break ended, semester projects and all. I'll definitely look to compiling some beywiki stuff in word documents whenever I have free time, so I can work on a lot at once, though.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Stormscorpio1 - Apr. 18, 2016

Oh man, just noticed how different the rankings page looks now, no more little box saying who's been looking at the rankings or who has the most battles. Could it be, is the time for us to be blessed with Burst rankings almost upon us?!?!

Also has the Matches tab always been there, I don't know if I just never noticed it or its new... either way it's pretty cool.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Apr. 18, 2016

(Apr. 18, 2016  6:14 PM)Top Doge Wrote: Oh man, just noticed how different the rankings page looks now, no more little box saying who's been looking at the rankings or who has the most battles. Could it be, is the time for us to be blessed with Burst rankings almost upon us?!?!

We're working on it! We ran into a few unexpected hiccups, sadly.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BAWB18 - Apr. 18, 2016

Will the burst rankings replace the MFB rankings?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Apr. 18, 2016

No, they will both exist side-by-side.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - BAWB18 - Apr. 19, 2016

Wont it be hard to increase your MFB points since there are hardly any MFB tournaments?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Apr. 19, 2016

That is up to every region to host tournaments of other formats than Burst. We certainly encourage it.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Stormscorpio1 - Apr. 19, 2016

Um... I have 2 shards of Amaterios instead of a shell... I think that's a mistake.

Also Geetster has 1 shard and one shell.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Apr. 19, 2016

Oh, that is due to your name change, I was looking for a Stormscorpio1 in the list of recipients hah.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Stormscorpio1 - Apr. 19, 2016

(Apr. 19, 2016  1:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh, that is due to your name change, I was looking for a Stormscorpio1 in the list of recipients hah.

Yeah I don't like it but I gotta wait till the 8th to change it back rip.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Ultra - Apr. 24, 2016

When the burst rankings are live are those results going to get added to our total battle record (wins and losses on profile) since it doesn't seem to have been currently updated with the burst tourney's data?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Apr. 24, 2016

(Apr. 24, 2016  12:45 PM)Ultra Wrote: When the burst rankings are live are those results going to get added to our total battle record (wins and losses on profile) since it doesn't seem to have been currently updated with the burst tourney's data?

Both systems are handled completely separately for now, so there would be separate fields for wins and losses for both formats. Currently our top priority is to just get the rankings live, period; however, we also certainly want to explore ways of better presenting that data.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shido-kun - Apr. 29, 2016

This was kinda awkward:

[Image: v3f2c9.png]

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Mitsu - Apr. 29, 2016

Not really sure how it is, lol

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shido-kun - Apr. 29, 2016

(Apr. 29, 2016  11:23 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Not really sure how it is, lol

Well,I just thought it was kinda weird that..Y'know,we were looking at the same closed and inactive thread.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Angry Face - Apr. 30, 2016

Honestly, chances are he was originally on the Who's Online page, saw the thread you were viewing, and decided to check it out too, and you caught his username at the bottom after you refreshed or something.

Not saying that I've done this myself, but... xD

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shido-kun - May. 02, 2016

I did not know this even existed:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-I-m-Suing-Beyblade?highlight=dawg

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Oi Shinji - May. 02, 2016

@[Shido-kun]
What do you think of this, then?
Tongue_out

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shido-kun - May. 03, 2016

Ahh,another one of those threads.

Still,Blader Kenny's "what the hell?" thread is the best. Tongue_out