World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - UltimateOrion - Mar. 27, 2016

(Mar. 27, 2016  4:21 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I had found this masterpiece saved on my old computer the other day. Some of you may remember it, most won't. Tongue_out

[Image: ezgif_2657612177.gif]

In this avatar and when I was under the username ''Shido'', I was essentially asking @[Kai-V] if I could be promoted to Advanced, self-conscious me at the time. I learnt only after becoming a moderator that annoying staff members and asking for a certain promotion isn't nice, regardless of how you interpret it. Don't do it.

omg I remember that lol

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Shido-kun - Mar. 28, 2016

(Mar. 27, 2016  4:21 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I had found this masterpiece saved on my old computer the other day. Some of you may remember it, most won't. Tongue_out

In this avatar and when I was under the username ''Shido'', I was essentially asking @[Kai-V] if I could be promoted to Advanced, self-conscious me at the time. I learnt only after becoming a moderator that annoying staff members and asking for a certain promotion isn't nice, regardless of how you interpret it. Don't do it.

Haha,I remember this.Was it like..Sometime in December last 2014?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Mitsu - Mar. 28, 2016

(Mar. 28, 2016  2:54 AM)Shido-kun Wrote:

Haha,I remember this.Was it like..Sometime in December last 2014?

Definitely recall it being within that time period. Smile

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Mar. 28, 2016

Looks like it worked better than expected.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Wizard - Mar. 30, 2016

I didn't realize this until just a moment ago while flipping through the photos from the Quebec tournament on Facebook, but @[Kai-V] could totally be a Kamen Rider. Like no joke, you really dress the part. Was this your fashion end-goal or was it an accident?

Edit: Or Ankh. It's really fitting for Ankh.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - ~Mana~ - Mar. 30, 2016

Liking the subtle change to the favicon for the site! I had to stop for a moment and reconsider whether I was choosing the right tab Tongue_out

And the Web App icon on iOS devices is nice to have as well. A lot more visually appealing than the plain grey tile, haha. Good work!

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Mar. 30, 2016

(Mar. 30, 2016  4:55 AM)Wizard Wrote: I didn't realize this until just a moment ago while flipping through the photos from the Quebec tournament on Facebook, but @[Kai-V] could totally be a Kamen Rider. Like no joke, you really dress the part. Was this your fashion end-goal or was it an accident?

Edit: Or Ankh. It's really fitting for Ankh.

Eh, not at all hah... I just dress better since I went to Osaka.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Mar. 30, 2016

(Mar. 30, 2016  5:50 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Liking the subtle change to the favicon for the site! I had to stop for a moment and reconsider whether I was choosing the right tab Tongue_out

And the Web App icon on iOS devices is nice to have as well. A lot more visually appealing than the plain grey tile, haha. Good work!

Glad you like it! I didn't take the time to set up a custom icon for Web Apps so glad to know this one works.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - FIREFIRE CPB - Apr. 01, 2016

wow, it's my 1010th post!!!!

i promise i will never spam/double-post/typo/mislead/insult/fight/troll/swea/grammer mistake or anything that could lead warning on WBO ever again. from now i will try to help/contribute WBO and it's memeber for beyblade [like hosting events, helping other, testing, making new combos, etc]

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Mitsu - Apr. 01, 2016

Awesome, we're definitely very glad to have you in the community! You have pretty insane amount of knowledge and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you could do with it! Smile

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - FIREFIRE CPB - Apr. 01, 2016

can anyone give me links to Beyblade Geeks' WBO account?

iirc i seen there account before but can't find it anymore

edit:- thanks reply ashton pinto

So @[Shirayuki] and myself really wanted to post a Fighting Animals remake for April Fools today. We never really got to doing that, unfortunately Tongue_out

[Image: Fighting_Animals_Design.png]

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Apr. 01, 2016

wow. biggest disappointment.

(Apr. 01, 2016  9:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: wow. biggest disappointment.

come on, well all know you're kind of mad this wasn't a thing Unhappy

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - bigbangpegs - Apr. 01, 2016

Brad also didn't like the April fool's joke I played on anyone who would watch. Sorry Brad!
Here's the fools link which I posted in vvbv's thread:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNOZNkLpcG4

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Cookie Bouquets - Apr. 01, 2016

Are you kidding me, Fighting ::: ANIMALS is here. You have to wait for the epic reveal.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Apr. 01, 2016

LOL I could never tell whether the praise over this fan story in the actual thread was praise or jokingly saying it.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - TimeOut - Apr. 04, 2016

When Beyblade Burst launches in North America we should make sure to have a Limited Burst format ready for tournaments so that all the new fans across the continent don't get discouraged after getting handled by all of our current Takara releases. If they come to a tournament and just continuously lose to parts they have little to no means of presently acquiring, I would imagine they would become substantially less likely to return for a second event. #burstlimited #makethishappenwhenthetimecomes

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Apr. 04, 2016

(Apr. 04, 2016  5:58 AM)Time Wrote: When Beyblade Burst launches in North America we should make sure to have a Limited Burst format ready for tournaments so that all the new fans across the continent don't get discouraged after getting handled by all of our current Takara releases. If they come to a tournament and just continuously lose to parts they have little to no means of presently acquiring, I would imagine they would become substantially less likely to return for a second event. #burstlimited #makethishappenwhenthetimecomes

The anime will most probably begin with Dual Layers and Burst launches in North America just later this year. The delay is not even that considerable, they would just be late by a few releases. I think it is way too soon to consider the existence of a Burst Limited format, especially since the new releases might not even outclass the previous parts.

(Apr. 04, 2016  9:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  5:58 AM)Time Wrote: When Beyblade Burst launches in North America we should make sure to have a Limited Burst format ready for tournaments so that all the new fans across the continent don't get discouraged after getting handled by all of our current Takara releases. If they come to a tournament and just continuously lose to parts they have little to no means of presently acquiring, I would imagine they would become substantially less likely to return for a second event. #burstlimited #makethishappenwhenthetimecomes

The anime will most probably begin with Dual Layers and Burst launches in North America just later this year. The delay is not even that considerable, they would just be late by a few releases. I think it is way too soon to consider the existence of a Burst Limited format, especially since the new releases might not even outclass the previous parts.

Oh, I wasn't aware that it would be starting with dual layers here. In that case, I totally see where you're coming from. Although, I don't think anyone honestly believes Takara will abandon power creep, it's way too easy of a way to have people constantly buying new releases.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Apr. 04, 2016

I think we should wait to see what the metagame actually looks like at that time rather than just assuming that this will be necessary. This is also pretty different from what Limited is and the goals that it serves. Not to say that I think it's a bad idea.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - RagerBlade - Apr. 04, 2016

When I first got into Beyblade Metal Fusion I can across this site. After that I would always buy offline and try to get the best Beys. I would only buy Hasbro if they were really good. I don't think it would matter even if it was a huge delay. If people have shops like Arupaeo's shop it would matter even less.

(Apr. 04, 2016  2:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

I think we should wait to see what the metagame actually looks like at that time rather than just assuming that this will be necessary. This is also pretty different from what Limited is and the goals that it serves. Not to say that I think it's a bad idea.

Oh yeah, no, I'm entirely with you on it serving a very different purpose. In a lot of ways MFB Limited is a more competitive format than standard, maybe a better title for this would be an introductory/beginners' format.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - pyrus10000 - Apr. 06, 2016

Hey, so I was doing some searching for some Asian communities and after a while (it took like half an hour, haha), I managed to find something interesting.

http://beyblade.sclub.com.tw/index.php

This is a Taiwanese Beyblade forum with it's own Taiwanese community as well. I can barely read Chinese, so I used Google Translate to navigate my way around the site. I quickly found that the forums and community were very up to date, with many mentions of Dual Layers.

Here is a forum dedicated to, what I presume to be sharing ideas of some sort? (But there are also some tests?)
http://beyblade.sclub.com.tw/viewthread.php?tid=22334&extra=page%3D1

(I'm not really sure how each forum is divided to be honest, lol)

However, I found that in one of the posts, we were even mentioned!
http://beyblade.sclub.com.tw/viewthread.php?tid=22334&extra=page%3D1 (referring to our F230CF/GCF thread and our Orange vs Brown F230 thread)

Anyways, the reason why I mention this is, not only because it is interesting to see communities from other parts of the world, but also because I think it would be interesting to see if we could bring their community into ours. We are the "World" Beyblade Organization, but have a lack of activity in the Asian countries (mostly due to the WBBA). We have recently done our first Japanese tournament in a long time, and I think it would be worthwhile trying to expand our own community by adding the Taiwanese community as well.

(Also for anyone interested this is the Hong Kong WBBA's official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Wbbahk/)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Apr. 06, 2016

The language barrier is the obvious reason for why we have not expanded there before. We did have some Singaporean and Indonesian communities though. If nobody really speaks English on that Taiwanese forum, then it would still be difficult to reach out to them.