World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: WBO Random Thoughts (/Thread-WBO-Random-Thoughts)

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - кαмυι カムイ - Sep. 19, 2015

Looking back at my earlier posts just make cringe. Poor grammar, spelling, lies, anything cringey you can think of-

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kujikato - Sep. 22, 2015

I really need to check if Jakarta has Burst yet. Worst case is I wait till I graduate and do some Beyblade stuff in Singapore during service, then enjoy the Canadian metagame if I do end up going to Uni in Canada.

Ho hum, still got that beyblade vibe.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Hato - Sep. 23, 2015

Today I got banned from the WBO...

Can't say I was surprised. Tongue_out

Credits to @[Mitsu] for the ban (that lasted 3 minutes). :3

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Mitsu - Sep. 23, 2015

Quick Ban is just so close to users' names on profiles. I was using touch screen and tapped it by accident. Luckily, bans can easily be lifted.

I feel really, really bad about it. Sorry about that, Hato.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Cannon - Sep. 24, 2015

(Sep. 23, 2015  11:53 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Quick Ban is just so close to users' names on profiles. I was using touch screen and tapped it by accident. Luckily, bans can easily be lifted.

Hahah i know i feel like i'll accidentally mis-click it. Luckily that has never happened to me Tongue_out

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Cake - Sep. 24, 2015

(Sep. 24, 2015  3:39 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2015  11:53 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Quick Ban is just so close to users' names on profiles. I was using touch screen and tapped it by accident. Luckily, bans can easily be lifted.

Hahah i know i feel like i'll accidentally mis-click it. Luckily that has never happened to me Tongue_out

With great power comes great -

oops

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Sep. 24, 2015

Seems like no one has open GFX shops anymore, weird.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Sep. 24, 2015

(Sep. 23, 2015  11:43 PM)Hato Wrote: Today I got banned from the WBO...

Can't say I was surprised. Tongue_out

Credits to @[Mitsu] for the ban (that lasted 3 minutes). :3

welcome to the brotherhood...

Though accidents do indeed happen and the apology has been said numerous times I assume. ones with power have the widest extensions. Though welcome back, from the banning.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zoroaste - Sep. 25, 2015

Yay! Got my first Amaterios face!
How do you organize your faces?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Sep. 25, 2015

(Sep. 25, 2015  2:09 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yay! Got my first Amaterios face!
How do you organize your faces?

Oh, just go in your profile, click on the link to see all of your Faces, and then you should see a cross-arrow when you hover on the Faces you have. So, if you click on the one you are hovering on, you should be able to drag it and drop it in the position you want.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - loyd87 - Sep. 27, 2015

Hi! I would like to make some feedback on my trial format the Synchrome Tag Team. Where I should do that?
Can I post it here?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Sep. 27, 2015

Perhaps create a topic here, or in the WBO General forum ?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - loyd87 - Sep. 27, 2015

Thanks

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Wizard - Sep. 27, 2015

Are we ever going to get a banner of Valkyrie with the stickers?

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Sep. 27, 2015

(Sep. 27, 2015  5:51 PM)Wizard Wrote: Are we ever going to get a banner of Valkyrie with the stickers?

@[Kei]

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - TimeOut - Sep. 28, 2015

I don't log in quite often enough to see things as they happen like what I saw today with Sion's quitting thread, but just wanted to add a few thoughts of my own.

@[Siⱺn] I know how hard it is to sometimes come across as yourself on a medium that incorporates only text. Things that may seem quite intelligent and meaningful given the proper context can sometimes easily get ignored. Even when I joined the forum I was among the older members on it, yet I still came across as rather immature and uneducated at times. The WBO has given me a great opportunity to improve my skills at digital communication among other things (like graphic design, working with children, and what not) and I know it has done the same for a lot of others as well. It takes a long time to build up respect here and become a well-known member. However, one of the best things you can do is keep trying. My first few threads got closed as well, but now that I have learned the way things are done it would be very rare to have something like this happen.
To everyone who feels that another WBO member has bullied them at any point in time, make sure to reach out to Kai-V, she in particularly is great about responding to PMs practically instantly and is always open to hear where you're coming from. @[Meta madness] It was rather upsetting to hear that you've been made to feel that way. I know as a newer member it can sometimes seem like the committee is picking on you, but that's not the case. Their only intention is to help educate you so that you can learn the ropes and become an extremely valuable and contributive member of the community. I made a couple of posts I regret that I received warnings for early on (I'm guessing this must have happened to you), but looking back they are also definitely things I deserved warnings for. I treated the site like a medium that understands tone (the posts I received warnings for were meant to come across as humorous, but were taken seriously). So, I hope that in the future you'll be able to gain the same perspective I have and ascend into the ranks of members the community would truly be different without.
I can't remember whether it was @[MissingNo.] or @[Classik], but one of them made another point I would like to address. In the big picture, yes, losing one member or another can seem non-consequential. However, the community is made up of individual members. Obviously, some have more power and are more likely to be listened to than others, but the collection of individual members is what gives these members their authority and their reason for contributing. Without the huge user base the WBO has, all the committee, global moderators, organizers', and mentor roles would be worthless. So, while losing one member may seem trivial it is important to remember that losing a thousand individual members would substantially lessen the fun all of us are able to have with this hobby and with this forum. Therefore, every individual member is important. That was my 2 cents I thought I would put into this. If everyone could make an effort to ensure no one even feels bullied like Sion did, it would probably help us grow our active userbase which would be better for all of us. If anyone ever has concerns like this again I would highly recommend reaching out to the committee or even anyone in the mentors' circle before upsetting a number of members of the community.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Sep. 28, 2015

Tonights, just not a very promising night on the WBO...

edit:
edit,edit: Nah, I know exactly why I'm in the situation I'm in with them. Ain't no shame in that really.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zoroaste - Sep. 29, 2015

Could someone whip up a quick flyer for the WBO and post it somewhere on here? That way it wouldn't cost virtually anything for people to print them off and post them on message boards and such. I would do it but I don't have the software or really even much of a computer. It would be a big help in growing the WBO if a lot of us would be willing to print a bunch off and post them around our communities. I will definitely do my part in posting them around anywhere I think we could get exposure to the right audience

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Kei - Sep. 29, 2015

Creating something like that is definitely in our plans for the near future, so hopefully we will have something to share relatively soon.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Wizard - Sep. 29, 2015

I think it would be a great idea and would definitely be a little easier to manage than promo cards. I think the theme of the site should have an overhaul for Beyblade Burst first, and then make a poster that will match the new theme. Maybe put a QR code in the corner that'll take you to the site Smile

Edit: If we were to put a QR code on it, you would definitely want a mobile version of the site like @[Bey Brad] discussed wanting to do.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 29, 2015

Thanks for the suggestions! We have a lot in the works for the future of the website, but it will take some time for the fruits of our labour to ripen, so please be patient Smile

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Zoroaste - Sep. 29, 2015

I think getting something out quicker than it is gonna take to change the site would be good though and just make another one after. The cards are an awesome idea for when we have retailers around us that sell Beyblades or to hand off to your friends, but if you posted them on a bulletin board or something then it would be easily missed

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 29, 2015

Oh yeah, stuff like that, we will do before we do something crazy like rebuild the site. Smile We just need a little more time for that.

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - DRAGON KING - Sep. 29, 2015

Oh hey, my second year anniversary on the WBO just passed on the 23rd Grin

RE: WBO Random Thoughts - Wizard - Sep. 29, 2015

(Sep. 29, 2015  5:55 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Oh hey, my second year anniversary on the WBO just passed on the 23rd Grin

Nice! Here's to another two more! Smile