World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Wiki (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Wiki)
+---- Forum: Approved Drafts (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Approved-Drafts)
+---- Thread: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. (/Thread-Pegasus-Thunder-Whip-Stadium--55158)

Pages: 1 2

Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Kai-V - Sep. 26, 2012

Quote:Widest Diameter: 49 cm
Shortest Diameter: 36 cm
Widest diameter without pockets: 46 cm
Tornado Ridge Diameter: 25.7 cm
Depth: 2 cm
Pocket Depth: 2 cm
Wall Height: 6,7 to 7 cm

This Stadium set the base for the vast majority of the Stadiums released by Hasbro for the main Beyblade: Metal Fusion and Metal Masters line. Indeed, almost all of the others are simply copies of the Pegasus Thunder Whip arena's design, save for a few subtle alterations of slope or additional gimmicks.

It consists of a normal, mostly round playing area molded within an odd main diamond shape accompanied by two smaller pockets on either side, shaped as irregular pentagones with the bigger sides headed in the right-spin direction. All these shapes are surrounded by high walls tightly marking the edges. In other words, this Stadium has no exit at all, and it favours Self Knock-Outs, from right-spin Beyblades, since a left-spin would have less open space to accidentally enter the pockets. The Pegasus Thunder Whip is typically painted a bright yellow, with a blue swirl design drawn in the middle representing an extension of the Pegasis Face mark. It is however also available in the opposite colour scheme, which means a blue stadium with a yellow design in its center.

The whole play area is considerably more flat than most of TAKARA-TOMY's BeyStadiums. Therefore, not only is it more difficult to execute special launching techniques such as the [[Sliding Shoot]] in this stadium, but since the Tornado Ridge is barely any resistance, most mobile Beyblades can easily enter the pockets while simply circling the play area. They will skip over the Tornado Ridge without catching onto it or at least being stopped by it, which would greatly help by sending them back towards the centre of the stadium to attack their opponent. As such, real Knock Outs in the pockets by pure Attackers barely happen in this stadium, and the few opportunities where Beyblades are sent in those spaces are either a result of chance, excessive Recoil, or self KOs due to there being no good ridge to prevent slipping into the pockets.

Hasbro also uses thick paint to cover the stadium's surface, which easily sticks on all Bottoms, dirtying them sometimes forever and affecting their performance afterwards.

Using Attack-type combinations which used to be top-tier against a Stamina type which should definitely be knocked out several times by them helps to illustrate the clear discrepancy of this Stadium and its extreme unfairness towards Attack types in general:

----
'''Thermal Pisces DF145SD vs. [[Storm Pegasis]] 100RF'''
*[[Thermal Pisces]] always shot first
*Launcher Grip + Light Launcher

'''Results:'''
*''Thermal Pisces DF145SD:'' 5 wins
*''Storm Pegasis 100RF:'' 0 wins

'''Thermal Pisces DF145SD vs. [[Lightning L Drago]] CH120RF (145 height)'''
*Thermal Pisces always shot first
*Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher L

*''Lightning L Drago CH120RF:'' 0 wins

'''Thermal Pisces DF145SD vs. Quetzalcoatl 90RF'''
*Alternating between Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher/MFB shooter for [[Quetzalcoatl 90WF|Quetzalcoatl]]

*''Thermal Pisces DF145SD:'' 10 wins
*''Quetzalcoatl 90RF:'' 0 wins
----

The complete lack of exits, the flagrant absence of a decent slope, the odd shape of the pockets which can allow re-entry by bounce of Beyblades sometimes, as well as the paint coating combos' tips are all reasons that make this BeyStadium entirely unfair towards anything but Stamina or Defense types. '''Since it does not give a fair chance for all types to shine, this stadium is easily considered illegal for World Beyblade Organization tournaments.'''

==Combos Recommendation==
Any low Stamina customization should do well in this stadium. Defense types are not particularly required since Attack combos are nullified in this stadium, therefore it will often only be a battle of survival. Stamina combinations such as Basalt Bull AD145/100SD/WD and Hell Kerbecs BD145WD will consequently be advantaged.

This will be the article that most other Hasbro stadium articles get referred to so that we do not have to repeat the same sections of physical description over and over again. Therefore, this one really needs to be complete.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - th!nk - Sep. 26, 2012

Quote:This Stadium set the base for the vast majority of the Stadiums released by Hasbro for the main Beyblade: Metal Fusion/Metal Masters/Metal Fury line. Indeed, almost all of the others are simply copies of the Pegasus Thunder Whip arena's design, save for a few subtle alterations of slope or additional gimmicks.
Would change to that. There are stadiums like the one with the changeable core, and now they seem to have changed to square stadiums.

There may be other errors throughout, for example I wouldn't say it was painted its base color, and IIRC it came in both blue and yellow versions.
I also wouldn't say it favours Knock Outs, even with the clarification afterwards, as it sounds like it gives attackers a fair chance. I'd clarify it more directly, or perhaps leave that until the anti-attack bias has been established.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - One Direction - Sep. 26, 2012

(Sep. 26, 2012  2:36 AM)Kai-V Wrote: as well as the paint coating combos' tips are all reasons that make this BeyStadium entirely unfair towards anything but Stamina or Defense types.

I do not think that the paint coating combos' tips make the beystadium unfair toward anything but Stamina or Defense types. Maybe you could rephrase it in another sentence such as "The paint also coats your combo's tip at times".

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Kai-V - Sep. 26, 2012

(Sep. 26, 2012  10:18 AM)th!nk Wrote:
Quote:This Stadium set the base for the vast majority of the Stadiums released by Hasbro for the main Beyblade: Metal Fusion/Metal Masters/Metal Fury line. Indeed, almost all of the others are simply copies of the Pegasus Thunder Whip arena's design, save for a few subtle alterations of slope or additional gimmicks.
Would change to that. There are stadiums like the one with the changeable core, and now they seem to have changed to square stadiums.

There may be other errors throughout, for example I wouldn't say it was painted its base color, and IIRC it came in both blue and yellow versions.
I also wouldn't say it favours Knock Outs, even with the clarification afterwards, as it sounds like it gives attackers a fair chance. I'd clarify it more directly, or perhaps leave that until the anti-attack bias has been established.

Are those square stadiums officially for the real Beyblades though, and not the XTS or whatever ? I will change it though.

There is definitely yellow paint that gets stuck to tips, so even if it is its base colour, there is extra yellow paint.

Hm, that is true, I forgot the identical blue version ...

How would you clarify it further ?

(Sep. 26, 2012  12:21 PM)abrakadabralaka Wrote: I do not think that the paint coating combos' tips make the beystadium unfair toward anything but Stamina or Defense types. Maybe you could rephrase it in another sentence such as "The paint also coats your combo's tip at times".

That is arguable, since rubber and flat tips are known to gather more dirt and paint than simple plastic tips. I suppose that could be specified though.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Kai-V - Sep. 26, 2012

I edited a few things. th!nk, I decided to turn that sentence so that it only concerns self knock-outs, which hopefully makes everything clearer.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Raigeko13 - Sep. 27, 2012

(Sep. 26, 2012  2:36 AM)Kai-V Wrote: but since the Tornado Ridge is barely any resistance,

Change is to has.

That's the only error I found in this. Good draft, couldn't have done anything nearly this good.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Kai-V - Sep. 27, 2012

Hm, I would say "offer" instead of "has", but I still prefer "is", hah.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Raigeko13 - Sep. 27, 2012

Yes, offer would be much better. I hadn't thought of that. "is" just seems wrong to me.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - sarabscientist - Sep. 29, 2012

(Sep. 26, 2012  2:36 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Some minor spelling errors and bolded two. And is "iconically" a word?

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Kai-V - Sep. 30, 2012

It is indeed a word, but I have replaced it with "typically".

I am quite ashamed that I mispelt "recommendation" and "there" ...

Anyway, is there anything else ?

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Imperial - Sep. 30, 2012

You misspelled "subtle" in the first paragraph. I think you missed it in Th!nk's edits.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Kai-V - Oct. 11, 2012

OK, I finally added the measurements. However, for the slope, I get something around twenty degrees, but I seem to remember measuring it over a year ago and it was not that much of a difference to the Attack Type BeyStadium's thirty degrees. This topic even says ten degrees though :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hasbro-Beyblade-Stadium-Measurements-Comparisons

Can anybody help me and try to measure their own Pegasus Thunder Whip's slope ? Technically, even having the slope for any Hasbro stadium except the Maximum Stampede Stadium could be useful.

Also, I added another useful content to the draft : the comparative results.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Rush - Oct. 19, 2012

(Sep. 26, 2012  2:36 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
Just fixed a few spelling errors, better word choice, and comma errors. In my opinion, this is ready for the BeyWiki!
And BTW, I also believe that you should put "offers" instead of "is" when referring to the tornado ridge.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Kai-V - Oct. 19, 2012

You cannot start a sentence with "therefore". Also, what I wanted to say was really that the paint always dirties the tops and, sometimes, it stains them forever. The way you rewrote it does not necessarily hold all of these meanings.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Rush - Oct. 19, 2012

Okay, so fix the errors that you see fit, and I think it's ready for BeyWiki! You'd have to ask other people though.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - th!nk - Oct. 19, 2012

Seeing as this is important, I spent half an hour getting it all tidied up, tweaking some things, and so on, though there are some things that still need to be done.

Re: The angle – it was always significantly less sloped than BB-10 so it would be noticeably different, but we definitely need to include the angle as it's one of the most important parts of stadium performance, so we'll need an additional measurement...

A measurement of the tornado ridge's height would be nice, as well, to allow comparison to BB-10, as I'm not sure whether it really is significantly smaller.

Other things: I've altered the combinations, I went for Phantom and Hell because neither of them have to worry as much about recoil in this stadium, and both have solid solo spin. Hell is only included because this stadium is mainly going to be used by Hasbro players, but I think we have to include a Takara one.

The equipment used in the tests needs to be changed to official launcher names and listed for both combinations used, which I haven't done, as I cannot be sure what grips were used.

Personally I'd prefer to have the tests redone in the current standard format, even if it is only one set, with comparatives in BB-10 provided. This should not be too hard, I'm sure there are people who have both and the parts to do this.

The formatting is also incomplete as I don't have time to go through it right now and the standard link set is different for MFB than what I'm used to in plastics.

I've altered the formatting slightly to suit the usual beywiki structure better, customization advice before the concluding section (which I've changed into an overall section).

A note for future: B: D is supposed to do extraordinarily well grooved stadia like burning firestrike which makes perfect sense to me, with it spinning on the bearing rather than the tip.

Quote:Widest Diameter: 49 cm
Shortest Diameter: 36 cm
Widest diameter without pockets: 46 cm
Tornado Ridge Diameter: 25.7 cm
Depth: 2 cm
Pocket Depth: 2 cm
Wall Height: 6.7 to 7 cm

This Stadium set the base for the vast majority of the Stadiums released by Hasbro for the main Beyblade: Metal Fusion and Metal Masters line. Indeed, almost all of the others are simply copies of the Pegasus Thunder Whip arena's design, save for a few subtle alterations of slope or additional gimmicks.

It consists of a normal, mostly round playing area bordered by a small Tornado Ridge, which is molded within an odd, diamond shaped outer area with two smaller, irregular pentagonal pockets on either side, closed off by only very short ridges. The wider faces of these pockets are open to counter-clockwise travelling (i.e. right spin) Beyblades. The entire stadium is surrounded by high walls tightly marking the edges, leaving no exits, with the pockets typically being considered a substitute out-of-play area, though this fails to compensate due to the poor wall-to-exit ratio and the ease by which Beyblades bounce back out of them. In addition, the orientation of the pockets favours Self-Knock Outs by right spin Beyblades, with left spin Beyblades having a significantly smaller opening to enter through their own movement.

The Pegasus Thunder Whip is available in both bright yellow and blue, with swirl designs of the other color drawn in the middle representing an extension of the Pegasis Face Mark.

The whole play area is considerably flatter than most of TAKARA-TOMY's BeyStadiums, making it much more difficult for Attack types to pass through the center of the stadium even when launching techniques such as the [[Sliding Shoot]] are used, severely reducing their ability to make contact with opponents. In addition to this, the relatively short Tornado Ridge does not provide enough resistance to catch mobile Beyblades, meaning obtaining a tight flower pattern is incredibly difficult. As such, real Knock Outs in the pockets by pure Attackers barely happen in this stadium, and the few opportunities where Beyblades are sent in those spaces are either a result of chance, excessive Recoil, or self KOs due to there being insufficient resistance to prevent slipping into the pockets.

Hasbro also uses thick paint to cover the stadium's surface, which easily sticks on all Bottoms, dirtying them and affecting their performance afterwards, sometimes even permanently.

Using Attack-type combinations which were top-tier when the stadium was released against a Stamina type of the same era which is easily and reliably knocked out by them in TAKARA-TOMY's BeyStadium Attack Type helps to illustrate the clear discrepancy of this Stadium and its extreme unfairness towards Attack types in general:

----
'''Thermal Pisces DF145SD vs. [[Storm Pegasis]] 100RF'''
*[[Thermal Pisces]] always shot first
*Launcher Grip + Light Launcher

*''Storm Pegasis 100RF:'' 0 wins

'''Thermal Pisces DF145SD vs. [[Lightning L Drago]] CH120RF (145 height)'''
*Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher L

*''Lightning L Drago CH120RF:'' 0 wins

'''Thermal Pisces DF145SD vs. Quetzalcoatl 90RF'''
*Alternating between Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher/MFB shooter for [[Quetzalcoatl 90WF|Quetzalcoatl]]

*''Thermal Pisces DF145SD:'' 10 wins
*''Quetzalcoatl 90RF:'' 0 wins
----

==Customization Advice==
Any mid to low height Stamina customization should do well in this stadium. Defense types are not particularly useful as the Attack combinations they aim to counter are already foiled by the stadium design, therefore most battles come down to pure Survival. Stamina combinations such as Phantom Cancer AD145/100SD/WD and Hell Kerbecs BD145WD are consequently given an advantage.

==Overall==
The complete lack of exits, the absence of a decent slope, the odd shape of the pockets and their ineffective performance, as well as the paint coating combos' tips are all reasons that make this stadium extremely unfair towards Attack Types, which, as explained above, results in a Stamina-dominated metagame. '''Since it does not give all types a fair chance to shine, this stadium is considered unquestionably illegal for World Beyblade Organization tournaments, and due to this and its effects on the tips of Beyblades, should not be purchased for any reason.'''

I think from here we just need the actual testing and measuring stuff sorted, then formatting, and then we're good to go.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Kai-V - Jan. 05, 2013

Finally the tests are here, because apparently Kei cannot find his Pegasus Thunder Whip anymore. I recently got my Flash Sagittario and only today have I been able to do tests.

Attack Type BeyStadium, MF Flash Sagittario S130RF vs. Duo Uranus 230SD
1. Flash KO
2. Flash OS
3. Flash KO
4. Flash KO
5. Flash KO
6. Duo OS
7. Duo OS
8. Flash KO
9. Duo OS
10. Flash KO
11. Flash KO
12. Flash KO
13. Flash KO
14. Flash KO
15. Flash KO

Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium, same combinations
1. Duo OS
2. Duo OS
3. Duo OS
4. Flash pocket
5. Duo OS
6. Duo OS
7. Flash pocket
8. Flash pocket
9. Duo OS
10. Flash pocket
11. Flash pocket
12. Duo OS
13. Duo OS
14. Duo OS
15. Duo OS

I know that there are not twenty tests each, nor did I use the better Clear Wheels, but I think that, for the sake of comparison only, these results are highly sufficient.

We could therefore finally hope to publish this article very soon, and then all the other Beyblade Metal Fusion stadium drafts will follow suit like nothing.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - th!nk - Jan. 05, 2013

Is that Sagittario I or II? I assume the former, but I want to be sure seeing as SagII is the 'stock' one (and is one of the poorer CW's, vs Sag 1 which is one of the better), though it's not a huge deal, the results speak for themselves either way. It is reassuring to see that the results still confirm what we know about the stadium, even with the power creep and general improvement in success with Attackers we've seen since earlier days.

I've nothing else to add, seeing as I've already been over this draft myself, haha Tongue_out

No no, the latter. I was looking at the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos topic before starting the tests, but for some reason I never did change to Escolpio, Orion or whatever that last one was.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Trident - Jan. 05, 2013

Amazing to see Thermal Pisces' original form getting so many wins

(Jan. 05, 2013  4:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: No no, the latter. I was looking at the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos topic before starting the tests, but for some reason I never did change to Escolpio, Orion or whatever that last one was.

The last one is either Horogium or Sagittario (I), IIRC.

Anyway, just make sure to call it Sagittario II in the article, haha.

Hm, do we have a consistency problem here then :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-126-Flash-Sagittario-230WD-Rough-Draft?pid=1078994#pid1078994

Or is Sagittario II similar to Aquario, who should not be used with Flash either ? Is it still fine to compare Sagittario II to Aquario in a positive way or is it really one of the worst Clear Wheels ?

Oh, I was only saying Sagittario II is one of the worst in the context of clear wheels for Flash, as it obscures the contact points it has when it is hitting from underneath an opponent (which Flash often does), causing plastic-on-metal instead of metal-on-metal contact.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Wombat - Jan. 05, 2013

(Jan. 05, 2013  4:47 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2013  4:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: No no, the latter. I was looking at the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos topic before starting the tests, but for some reason I never did change to Escolpio, Orion or whatever that last one was.

The last one is either Horogium or Sagittario (I), IIRC.

Anyway, just make sure to call it Sagittario II in the article, haha.

I think it was Pisces.
This is probably incorrect, since I am a minor member, but I measured the Tornado Ridge.
BB-10: 0.4cm
PTW: 0.2cm
Yeah, the Tornado ridge is about half as tall as the BB-10's.

RE: Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium. - Kai-V - Jan. 07, 2013

This article is now up!
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Pegasus_Thunder_Whip_Stadium

Wombat, I personally do not notice such a huge difference. Are you certain about those measurements ? Are you counting both with the slight denivelation right below the actual cliff ?