World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion (/Thread-MFB-Standard-Competitive-Customs-List-and-Public-Discussion)

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - 6 God - Jun. 27, 2014

(Jun. 27, 2014  8:08 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Well either way 230D/SD is better at Stamina then W145, but W145 is better at something's. Try doing it against Meteo L-Drago F230, just to see if it can win against the rubber,

W145 does better against certain opponents. Same for 230D/SD.

I don't see how those tests would be useful.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Leone19 - Jun. 27, 2014

(Jun. 27, 2014  8:08 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Well either way 230D/SD is better at Stamina then W145, but W145 is better at something's. Try doing it against Meteo L-Drago F230, just to see if it can win against the rubber,

Many right-spin Stamina combinstions usually don't OS Meteo F230, from my experience. It wouldn't necisarily prove anything about the part setup testing against that.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Wombat - Jun. 27, 2014

(Jun. 27, 2014  7:39 PM)Kuroyukihime Wrote: Thanks for the tests Wombat! Although D beats SD how much do you think using SD instead of D in a situation will make a difference? I think it should stay because it also does the job good. Do you mind doing some attack tests to see which holds up better D or SD? Thanks.
Keep in mind that I suck with Attack types.

Again, there's not much of a difference between them other than D will beat SD in a mirror match.

(Jun. 27, 2014  8:35 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Wombat: Did you switch identical parts halfway through? Also, what kind of condition were the Bottoms in? Mint would be best.

I switched out for identical parts each round. One D was mint and the other had rarely been used. One of my SDs had been rarely used, and the other was a little worn. I only have 2 SDs so I had to use the worn one.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Ocean - Jun. 27, 2014

I say SD leaves dat list. I'm sorry SD.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - RagerBlade - Jun. 27, 2014

Think it should be there, but D is preferred. On the list just Bold D and leave SD normal. D is better, but still SD isn't terrible and it does do it job enough to stay Top Tier, for now.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - [)ragon - Jun. 27, 2014

Guys, he said his was worn.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Wombat - Jun. 28, 2014

(Jun. 27, 2014  11:33 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Guys, he said his was worn.

I said one of them was slightly worn. But based on Echizen's picture, it's still in better condition than at least his white D (no offense to him, parts wear and that can't be helped). I can't really tell on the purple one though.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - 6 God - Jun. 28, 2014

Yeah my SD(White) had a bit more wear than my D. But my D was used for about 50 battles and that was about it.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Tri - Jun. 28, 2014

I'm sorry, I can't help but pick on you seeing as you got 55% with stamina against attack *laughs like a nerd in the corner*. JK BTW.

But seriously, these tests all tell me SD still deserves its place on the list when the margin of performance difference is so low. Pl0z leave my baby (even though I own one SD and hardly use it haha).

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Thunder Dome - Jun. 28, 2014

Has there been much testing on Bahamdia Ifraid SA165 R2F? The few times I've messed around it had success and I remember there being a testing thread. Is there a reason why members have left it out of the tier list draft? I hadn't been keeping up till recently so I wanted to know if people have already decided on of it should be there or not. I'd be willing to so some tests for it because I think it has potential.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - DRAGON KING - Jun. 28, 2014

(Jun. 28, 2014  1:40 AM)Kuroyukihime Wrote: Has there been much testing on Bahamdia Ifraid SA165 R2F? The few times I've messed around it had success and I remember there being a testing thread. Is there a reason why members have left it out of the tier list draft? I hadn't been keeping up till recently so I wanted to know if people have already decided on of it should be there or not. I'd be willing to so some tests for it because I think it has potential.

I'm pretty sure most people didn't want it on because it didn't do well against lower opponents (Bahamdia= no smash on underside), and Bahamdia dragooon BD145R2F/LRF/RF was overall better.

I keep thinking your SS1 and not Thunder Dome. Please change name back D:

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - DrPepsidew - Jun. 28, 2014

Quoting the Advanced Forum, TBD was going to add LRF to right-spin attack.
I have been asking for far too long and now my dreams have come to fruition.

However, I need to test Wyvang^2 SA165 LRF, I've used this combo a numerous amount of times and have placed with it, I'm shooting for the tier list here. (The combo gets over Wyvang's difficulty with E230)

Is Flash SA165 not being added?

In the defense (<3) section, Revizer is the only thing listed within Revizer Genbull BD145 (RDF/RB/RSF), I have a slight grievance with this, Revizer is fantastic for defense, but lacks any ounce of stamina. I have been using Girago on bottom for quite some time now, and I suppose I will have to test. #shootingforthetierlist

In general I believe Girago should be added as a sub for Revizer (for defense).

Gryph^2 E230 BSF is a very "iffy" combo in my eyes. It could be dropped, it isn't all too promising; there are better force smashers and destabilizers available.

The addition of Balro^2 BD145 MF is a wise decision, I have seen what it can do in tournament and I'm happy that I can say I've beaten it. Kudos to TBD for another on the tier list.

I believe that's it from me for now, peace.

#drpepsidewtierlist2k14

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - [)ragon - Jul. 02, 2014

I think right now we're just trying to push out an update ASAP, so I'm not sure if adding SA165 to the Attack customs is gonna happen this time (could, though; I'll ask).

Is Genbull Genbull not listed as an option in that combination? It should be. Lemme check real quick...

Current Competitive List Draft Wrote:MSF-H (Revizer/Genbull) Genbull BD145 (RDF/RB/RSF)

Yup. Looks like it is.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Ocean - Jul. 02, 2014

I don't think its SA165 adding time.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Dark_Mousy - Jul. 02, 2014

As of right this moment Im not in favor of adding SA165 to attack. I've never been a fan of high attack tracks above 145. But I could see it in the future maybe.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Angry Face - Jul. 02, 2014

(Jun. 27, 2014  7:30 PM)Wombat Wrote: Here are some more D vs. SD tests to go with Echizen's. I alternated which combo was launched first each round.

MF-L Duo Cancer 230D vs. MF-L Phantom Cancer W145WD

MF-L Duo Cancer 230SD vs. MF-L Phantom Cancer W145WD

I got better results with D, but I'm not sure if 3 matches is enough to be a significant difference. The SD battles were a lot closer that the D ones were though.

MF-L Earth Cancer 230D vs. MF-L Earth Cancer 230SD
So D beats SD in a mirror match, just like Echizen found. I only have 1 Duo and 1 Phantom so I used Earths instead.

Equipment: (Click to View)

Conditions: (Click to View)

Did you say your SD was worn?

EDIT: I mistakenly listed the Wheels of my first two tests as Earths when they should've been Duo and Phantom. Sorry!

(Jun. 28, 2014  3:20 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: However, I need to test Wyvang^2 SA165 LRF, I've used this combo a numerous amount of times and have placed with it, I'm shooting for the tier list here. (The combo gets over Wyvang's difficulty with E230)

Is Flash SA165 not being added?

I'm all for adding SA165 in Zero-G Attack Mode to the choices of Tracks for Flash, Balro, and Wyvang. Based on previous tournament experience, I think it's really a good height for Attackers, even if there's not too much official testing on it.

Conditions: (Click to View)

As I've said before, I'm no good with Attackers, but my results obviously improved with the substitution of SA165.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Kei - Aug. 27, 2014

Hey guys, guess what? Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ was able to find the old competitive combos lists via the Internet Wayback Machine! I don't know why I never thought of trying that:

December 2010 (Click to View)
July 2011 (Click to View)
August 2011 (Click to View)
September 2011 (Click to View)
December 2011 (Click to View)
February 2012 (Click to View)

I've also added them to the OP and the other Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos threads.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Kai-V - Aug. 27, 2014

This needs to go on Beywiki somehow too.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - 6 God - Aug. 27, 2014

I found myself needing those previous lists often, thanks Angry Face.

Maybe they should be included in the Competitive customs thread also?

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - RagerBlade - Aug. 27, 2014

Ha ha brings lots of memories back.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - The Supreme One - Aug. 27, 2014

Yo, Ray Unicorno? How on earth was that one ever top tier? xD Ray is nice, but would get killed in Limited considering how light it is haha
Vulcan attack ain't bad, but I can see why it got the boot on the August 2011 list.

Very interesting to look over. Thanks, Angry Face!

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Leone19 - Aug. 27, 2014

(Aug. 27, 2014  8:41 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Yo, Ray Unicorno? How on earth was that one ever top tier? xD Ray is nice, but would get killed in Limited considering how light it is haha
Vulcan attack ain't bad, but I can see why it got the boot on the August 2011 list.

Very interesting to look over. Thanks, Angry Face!

Well, at it's time, Ray wasn't too bad or really too, too light- in Limited, it's definitely overshadowed by later releases like Omega, Cosmic, etc.

Those lists are really nice to see how far the game has come, good job, Angry Face.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Kei - Aug. 28, 2014

Yeah, you can't really compared Limited with the metagame back in 2010. Ray was actually decent when it came out. You have to consider the environment it was released into:
  • It was released in April 2010
  • Libra was banned in May 2010, by the time most people received Ray and had the opportunity to use it in a tournament.
  • RS was not released until the end of July 2010, as part of the prize Beyblade in RBV5. RS shut down right-spin Attack at the time, but most people didn't get their hands on one for a couple months, and even then, you have to consider the risk involved in using RS in a tournament setting where you don't know what your opponent is using.

So, there was at least a four month or so span of time where Ray did not have to deal with Libra or RS, the first rubber-based Defense Bottom in MFB. Looking back, maybe it was questionable to have it on the list in December 2010, but this small window allowed it to be competitive for a short time at least.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Wombat - Aug. 28, 2014

I wonder why Screw was never on there. Some people don't seem to agree with me but it's a very effective wheel if you get the height matchup right. It was in that awkward in between phase between Explosion and 4D though, so Fang and Beat probably took it out quickly.

RE: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - RagerBlade - Aug. 28, 2014

Why not put them in the Archived lists in the current thread.