World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB: Standard :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion (/Thread-MFB-Standard-Competitive-Customs-List-and-Public-Discussion)

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - *Ginga* - Mar. 30, 2013

I was in no way insulting his metagame, I was reminding him that India's metagame is far behind compared to others.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Ga' - Mar. 31, 2013

If that's true, you might want to be more careful of your tone and choice of words next time you are 'reminding' someone...

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Niteblade - Mar. 31, 2013

(Mar. 28, 2013  7:32 AM)zeneo Wrote: Also, has anyone ever tested Phantom _______ 230 CS?
I used this to place 3rd at a tournament.
It easily outspins most stamina set-ups, and when against attack set-ups, it can outstand attacks if launched with less RPM.
I need your testing for confirmation though
okay, i tested the combo a bit. don't know much about the format so excuse me.
i used MF-H Phantom Cygnus 230CS

Face: without any face it isn't so good, tried all other MF setups and they all had the same stamina, but MF-H turned out better for defensive purposes and balance.

Clear Wheel: Cygnus because that's the best i got for phantom. Hades would do better.

VS. Attack (Click to View)
VS. Defense (Click to View)
VS. Stamina (Click to View)
okay, this combo is good but to me its only that for now. its kinda wobblish, but not so much. someone should test it with Hades and im sure it needs more testing against tall stamina types, Flash on a primed R2F because mine was too worn down (still licit), Balance types like Duo Cygnus 230MB even thought im sure it would loose, and against spin equalizers. maybe changing the tip to a RSF would improve its performance but i don't know so ill test more tomorrow.

overall the combo is good BUT maybe not good enough to be top tier. as of now i would say its decent. IT NEEDS MORE TESTING. at least here in PR it could win 1st place since the metagame here is so behind that a stock earth eagle got third place a few months ago.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Ingulit - Mar. 31, 2013

(Mar. 31, 2013  5:34 AM)Infinity Wrote: at least here in PR it could win 1st place since the metagame here is so behind that a stock earth eagle got third place a few months ago.

PRO EAGLE OUT

I need to see Flash benchmarks, and I question why you chose not to raise it to CH145 height -- the whole point of the CH120 track -- when you noticed it was losing due to height. There is a reason 230 and TH170 aren't on the top-tier list for defense anymore, and Phantom and CS aren't going to give 230 better results than a Synchrom on E230 against Flash in a tournament setting. I really think the Flash tests need redoing.

Phantom outspinning a defense combo is nothing to write home about, especially a Duo custom; like Meow! said, current Synchrom defenders would probably knock it out.

That is not a spectacular stamina type by any stretch of the imagination -- MF-L is unneeded on the recoil-less Duo, AD145 is barely outclassed, and EWD is much worse than WD IMO unless it's used against the opposite spin -- and it still won the majority of the time.

I dunno, the custom seems like it would have been decent before Flash came out, but the meta has only changed against its favor since then.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Niteblade - Mar. 31, 2013

(Mar. 31, 2013  6:39 AM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2013  5:34 AM)Infinity Wrote: at least here in PR it could win 1st place since the metagame here is so behind that a stock earth eagle got third place a few months ago.

PRO EAGLE OUT
Haha yes that's exactly the guy who did it.

(Mar. 31, 2013  6:39 AM)Ingulit Wrote: I need to see Flash benchmarks, and I question why you chose not to raise it to CH145 height -- the whole point of the CH120 track -- when you noticed it was losing due to height. There is a reason 230 and TH170 aren't on the top-tier list for defense anymore, and Phantom and CS aren't going to give 230 better results than a Synchrom on E230 against Flash in a tournament setting. I really think the Flash tests need redoing.

Phantom outspinning a defense combo is nothing to write home about, especially a Duo custom; like Meow! said, current Synchrom defenders would probably knock it out.

That is not a spectacular stamina type by any stretch of the imagination -- MF-L is unneeded on the recoil-less Duo, AD145 is barely outclassed, and EWD is much worse than WD IMO unless it's used against the opposite spin -- and it still won the majority of the time.

I dunno, the custom seems like it would have been decent before Flash came out, but the meta has only changed against its favor since then.
Yes I agree. And also, CH120 was on 145 I just forgot to put it on the results. Flash had such a low win rate mostly because of the condition of my R2F. I will do more tests tomorrow since these were done in a rush.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Kei - Mar. 31, 2013

Those Flash results are definitely weird.

(Mar. 31, 2013  6:39 AM)Ingulit Wrote: Phantom outspinning a defense combo is nothing to write home about, especially a Duo custom; like Meow! said, current Synchrom defenders would probably knock it out.

They likely could, and it is those types of wins that are hard to record in a controlled setting when you're testing by yourself; there's no way to mimic how your opponent will launch their Beyblade when they see that you're using something that is so easily KOed.

(Mar. 31, 2013  6:39 AM)Ingulit Wrote: I dunno, the custom seems like it would have been decent before Flash came out, but the meta has only changed against its favor since then.

230CS has always been risky because of how defenseless it is, but I do agree; it's only gotten worse with time. It was initially popular with Earth, then with Basalt once it was released. Even though it had better Stamina, it also had higher recoil, which made it even easier to KO. Phantom is in the same boat; it has better Stamina than Basalt, but it also has recoil, which only increases the likelihood of it being KOed. Although, I do suppose that the recoil may not be as huge of a problem now as it was when Basalt and Hell were ever-present. But still, there is far too many other problems with it now for that to matter.

Phantom 230CS is a decent combo, but against any experienced player these days (using up to date combos), you'll probably lose no matter what type of Beyblade they're using. That means it isn't competitive.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Ingulit - Apr. 04, 2013

Here's a fun discussion topic: should we prune the lists of clear wheels to only have the single best option for each wheel? I have my own opinions on which ones I think are best, but I want to hear what people think about this before I go into that.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Mr. N - Apr. 04, 2013

The thing is, though, that many Clear Wheels that are rare or from useless Beys remain untested, and if I could edit the top-tier list, I would hesitate to establish the "best" one.
Though it is clear that Duo Cygnus is better than Duo Gil, it is still almost impossible to test some of the closer Clear Wheels, because when you launch a Beyblade, there are many variables that affect its performance.
I think that bolding the best CW or something like that on the list while still keeping the other options is a nice compromise, since some people who are new to the hobby may want to see some alternatives, rather than only one Clear Wheel that works well with the Metal Wheel.
I don't foresee this being too much of an issue in the future anyways, since most of the top-tier customs are Synchroms, or don't have changable Clear Wheels. The only ones that will be affected by this clearing out the clear wheel section (intended) that I can think of are Phantom, Flash, and Duo. Diablo and Basalt as anti-attack are basically outclassed by any Synchrom, IIRC.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - ShinobuXD - Apr. 04, 2013

Another thing to mention, while unlikely, is we don't want newbies thinking,"Oh, I have to buy Rock Scorpio, otherwise my Flash combo isn't that good."

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Thunder Dome - Apr. 08, 2013

So have there been any good comparisons/tests to decided which is better SR200 or 230? If not I could be willing to test that. The reason I thought about that is I was wondering "Which would be better for Duo in BB-10 Events SR200 or 230"?

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Ingulit - Apr. 09, 2013

(Apr. 08, 2013  9:03 PM)Uzuma Wrote: So have there been any good comparisons/tests to decided which is better SR200 or 230? If not I could be willing to test that. The reason I thought about that is I was wondering "Which would be better for Duo in BB-10 Events SR200 or 230"?

Go for it, that'd be great info! As far as SR200 goes, SR200TB is a setup that both test results and my own experience have shown me is a very competitive stamina combo that IMO should go on the top-tier list. Beyond that, I've had success with MF-M Duo Cygnus SR200MB, but I haven't done any formal testing.

If test results back up what I've seen with SR200, I can very much see it on the top-tier list as the third tall stamina track.

Slightly off-topic, but I can also see TB going on the list for TH170 as well. Genbull Genbull TH170TB is kind of my absolute favorite stamina custom ever, and if school cooperates I'll get some formal tests of that up sometime soon.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - diblee123 - Apr. 11, 2013

How about try Orojya Saramanda BD145CS for defense?

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - wpardin - Apr. 12, 2013

Any synchrom would be at least decent for defense purposes because of the weight. For defense, Revizer Revizer will be a better choice than Orojya Saramanda set up.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Ingulit - Jun. 10, 2013

So, it's been quite a long time since this has seen an update, and I think it's about time to start discussing the next iteration! I'll go on ahead a post a working list that I'd love critique on. If you think something should be listed that isn't, or you think one of the things I was thinking of adding shouldn't be there, speak your mind and let us know! Again, this is a working list, not a final one by any means!

This list is using the same categories as the last list, meaning spin-stealers are in Stamina and that kind of thing. I used numbers instead of the old bullets just to make writing the explanations a little easier. I also added (MSF-H) to any Synchrom customs that didn't have that in their original thread (except Genbull Genbull in stamina), so tell me if any should absolutely NOT use a MSF.

I want to put Meow!'s anti-meta custom Death Escolpio 90RF on here somewhere, but I have no clue where lol

KEY Wrote:Black - These customs stay the same as the last list.
Red - These customs would be removed from the last list.
Green - These customs would be added from the last list.
Blue - These are my comments on this working list.

WORKING COMPETITIVE LIST Wrote:
ATTACK

Flash
Clear Wheels: Escolpio, Orion, Pisces, Beelzeb, Ionis
  1. MF-H Flash ____ (CH120/S130/GB145/H145) (RF/R2F)
  2. MF-H Flash ____ W145 MF
Explanations (Click to View)

VariAres
  1. MF-H VariAres (CH120/R145) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Wyvang
  1. MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang (GB145/??145) (RF/R2F)
  2. (MSF-H) Wyvang Dragooon SA165[Attack] R2F

Balro
  1. (MSF-H) Balro Balro CH120 R2F

Bahamdia
  1. MSF-H Bahamdia Ifraid SA165 (RF/R2F)

DEFENSE

NOTE: SP230 (Click to View)

Duo
Clear Wheels: Aquario, Bull, Cancer/Gasher, Cygnus, Hades
  1. MF-H Duo ____ BD145 (RB/RDF)
  2. MF-H Duo ____ E230 (RB/RS/RSF/RDF)

Scythe
Clear Wheels: Kronos, Uranus, Pisces
  1. MF-H Scythe ____ 85 RS

Right-Spin Synchrom
TOP Chrome Wheels: Reviser, Killerken
BOT Chrome Wheels: Reviser, Killerken
  1. MSF-H [BOT] [TOP] BD145 (CS/RB/RDF/RS)
  2. MSF-H [BOT] [TOP] E230 (CS/RB/RS/RSF/RDF)

STAMINA

Phantom
  1. Clear Wheels: Cancer/Gasher, Cygnus, Hades
  2. Phantom ____ W145 (EWD/WD)
  3. Phantom ____ TH170 (D/SD/TB)
  4. Phantom ____ (LW160/160) PD
  5. Phantom ____ SR200 TB
  6. Phantom ____ 230 (D/SD)

Duo
  1. Clear Wheels: Aquario, Cancer/Gasher, Cygnus
  2. Duo ____ W145 (EWD/WD)
  3. Duo ____ TH170 (D/SD/TB)
  4. Duo ____ (LW160/160) PD
  5. Duo ____ SR200 TB
  6. Duo ____ 230 (D/SD)

Genbull
  1. Genbull Genbull SR200 (TB/CS)
  2. Genbull Genbull TH170 TB

Dragooon
  1. MSF-H Reviser Dragooon SA165 (EWD/RDF)

Meteo L-Drago
  1. (MF/-H) Meteo L-Drago CH120 EWD
  2. MF-H Meteo L-Drago TR145 EWD

BALANCE

1. MF-H L-Drago Destroy/Guardian BD145RDF
    -=-
  2. (MF-H/MF-M) Duo (Cygnus/Cancer/Gasher) 230 MB
    -=-
  3. MF-H Diablo (Kerbecs/Unicorno II) BD145 (RF/R2F)
    -=-
  4. MF-H Basalt Horogium (R145/TR145) (RF/R2F)
    -=-
  5. MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF
    -=-
  6. MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
    -=-
  7. MSF(-H) Gryph Gryph E230BSF
    -=-
  8. MSF-H Bahamdia Dragooon SP230GF

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Ultra - Jun. 10, 2013

I agree with taking Meteo off since the only times i've ever seen it win is against Phantom ___ 230CS. Other than it's nothing but a normal stamina combo so now advantage to using that over just a normal duo or phantom combo.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - DrPepsidew - Jun. 10, 2013

(Apr. 08, 2013  9:03 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: So have there been any good comparisons/tests to decided which is better SR200 or 230? If not I could be willing to test that. The reason I thought about that is I was wondering "Which would be better for Duo in BB-10 Events SR200 or 230"?

Well, I never post my combos... But my opinion on that is SR200 under Duo performs better than 230. I've beaten Pruebame against his MF Duo Jupiter (?) 230 MB with my MF Duo Leone SR200 MB... I really don't wanna do testing so... XD

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Ingulit - Jun. 11, 2013

(Jun. 10, 2013  12:39 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2013  9:03 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: So have there been any good comparisons/tests to decided which is better SR200 or 230? If not I could be willing to test that. The reason I thought about that is I was wondering "Which would be better for Duo in BB-10 Events SR200 or 230"?

Well, I never post my combos... But my opinion on that is SR200 under Duo performs better than 230. I've beaten Pruebame against his MF Duo Jupiter (?) 230 MB with my MF Duo Leone SR200 MB... I really don't wanna do testing so... XD

LOL, I actually like MF-M Duo Leone SR200MB myself! It's certainly a good custom, possibly even competitive-worthy. You should totally test it! If not, I'll hopefully be able to do that soon.

Anyone have any other feedback on the list?

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - ShinobuXD - Jun. 11, 2013

My thoughts:
@Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F- No metal stone face. Slows it down too much.

@LW160: What is this up there for? I haven't seen any tests showing it is good.

phantom: I believe it should be taken off. Stamina is supposed to beat defense, but with Phantom, Revizer Revizer BD145 CS will KO you. And tbh, it doesn't offer any advantage over Duo.

@Balro Balro CH120 R2F and Bahamdia Ifraid SA165 R2F: I disagree with adding these. They're worse against BD145 than Wyvang Wyvang IIRC. I know they do better against E230, but if you really want to beat E230, use Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F, which gets 90% against it.

@Balro/Phoenic Balro TR145 MF- KainHighwind and I both really like this. It is an absolute beast. There's some tests we did, in the Balro discussion thread IIRC.

Duo: Definitley keep it on IMO. It takes hits from Synchrom attackers better than Revizer Revizer, so I'd say it certainly deserves a spot.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - TimeOut - Jun. 11, 2013

My two cents
Gryph Gryph E230BSF is supposed to be in lower mode (hugely important), but it does not warrant a spot at all, literally almost anything on any height lower than a 100 on a bottom that can spin longer than BSF destroys it, it is supposed to work as a pinch custom, but it has a very limited area in which it can work, primarily only on stuff between tracks on 105-165.

Just a techy thing, Phantom Cygnus 85MF still works exceptionally well on 90 and Aquario needs to be added as an alternate option to cygnus

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - Meow! - Jun. 11, 2013

(Jun. 11, 2013  3:47 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: My thoughts:
@Balro Balro CH120 R2F and Bahamdia Ifraid SA165 R2F: I disagree with adding these. They're worse against BD145 than Wyvang Wyvang IIRC. I know they do better against E230, but if you really want to beat E230, use Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F, which gets 90% against it.

Yes but don't you think 1 or 2 really specific customs with a $25+ chrome wheel are very limited? Something like Balro Balro should be top tier being that it costs much less and it is not that far off from Wyvang. If Flash is on the Tier List, then Balro and Bahamdia should be on there as well as other Synchrom Attackers that generally do better.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - ShinobuXD - Jun. 11, 2013

Who uses stuff lower than 100 anyways though? It completely deserves a spot.

EDIT: Meow: Personally, I believe we should only put the best on, regardless of price.

ShinobuXD, I can't recall where you play, but here in MD, they are fairly common

I've never been to a tournament.

However, I do know that they aren't considered top tier, and I can't remember the last time Phantom 85 WD was in the winning combinations section.

RE: Public Competitive MFB Customs Discussion (BB-10) - *Ginga* - Jun. 11, 2013

He is talking about Phantom 85 MF. He is right in some ways, but then again, using Time's argument, nothing should be on the tier list because they all have counters.

My argument for it not being there is it has a wide range of counters