World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand (/Thread-Shaun-Linsao-Lead-Designer-for-the-Hasbro-Beyblade-Brand)

Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - Kai-V - Sep. 08, 2012

This seemed like it deserved more than a post in the Beyblade Random Thoughts topic, especially considering that I actually conversed with him.

http://www.behance.net/RealizDesigns

Shaun Linsao, from what he told me, was the lead designer for Hasbro/Nelvana for the Beyblade brand. He still works for them, but he is more independent, apparently.

On his page on Behance, you can see a few design concepts, things that ended up being used and others that were not, like that really cool Kellogg's x Beyblade box.

If you like his work, it would be great if you clicked on the "Appreciate" button next to them.

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - MasterBlader-X - Sep. 08, 2012

so all te habro beyblades design was created by him?

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - UGottaCetus - Sep. 08, 2012

Did he say anything about the Metal Fury Beys? Like how the decision to redesign them came to light?

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - Annoying-Fork - Sep. 08, 2012

I doubt their reasons for Metal Fury is that interesting now, but I'm guessing the license got altered a fair bit? Sounds fair I guess.

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - Kai-V - Sep. 08, 2012

Ah, I do not think you all understand : he designs the boxes, everything promotional, not the actual Beyblades. That is not what his department does.

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - UGottaCetus - Sep. 08, 2012

Oh, well in that case I like Hasbro's urban box design but I which they'd show the Bey's owner and the constellation/creature it depicts like TT boxes.

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - Dracomageat - Sep. 08, 2012

I don't mind about losing that so much (I guess it'd be nice) but I'd like the katakana back on the code cards.
The packaging seems pretty good though.

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - MasterBlader-X - Sep. 08, 2012

Yeah. Everything I buy from hasbro I never seen the Owner's of the beys on it. It would kinda help if they did do that.

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - sarabscientist - Sep. 08, 2012

Really cool designs, especially for Metal Fury (if he did that too). Must mean he has a lot of Beyblade renders Eee

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - Kei - Sep. 08, 2012

Did he design both the original Metal Fusion packaging, and the (much better) black/white Metal Masters/Fury packaging? Either way, I'd also be interested to know if he took any inspiration from (or even simply considered) the branding/design direction in Asia while designing his stuff.

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - CrystalPegasus - Sep. 09, 2012

Do you think they will actually do the Kellog's promo?

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - Raigeko13 - Sep. 09, 2012

I must say, if he did the Metal Masters packaging, kudos, it's my favorite so far. Metal Fury seems... too box-y.

Wonder if that $2 off coupon will work lol

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - Dracomageat - Sep. 10, 2012

You're gonna just print the coupon? It's worth a shot I suppose.

RE: Shaun Linsao - Lead Designer for the Hasbro Beyblade Brand - CrystalPegasus - Sep. 10, 2012

Tell us if it does work. Smile