World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Engine Gear System Draft - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Wiki (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Wiki)
+--- Thread: Engine Gear System Draft (/Thread-Engine-Gear-System-Draft)

Engine Gear System Draft - Ultra - Aug. 18, 2012

Quote:The feature of this series is engine gears which have tiny wind up engines within them which provide a burst of power to the beyblade.

==Engine gears==
These replace spin gears and the tip of the beyblades in the G and GT series. Before the beyblades are launched these need to be wound with an engine winder and then once spinning they will go off. The types of engine gears can be split into four categories:

Regular Engine Gears – These were the first engine gears produced, and came with affixed metal tips. Right Engine Gears were available with Metal Semi Flat, Metal Flat, and Metal Ball tips, while the Left Engine Gear was only available with a metal semi-flat tip. Due to the lack of customization options, their height and bad tip shaping none are considered competitive parts, though Right Engine Gear (Metal Flat) has some minor use as a [[Smash Attack]] tip.
Customize engine gears – These are engine gears made up of two parts; the engine and the removable tip. Takara only released two of these but Hasbro released several others with their exclusive releases. Generally these are just as uncompetitive as the regular engine gears as they are simply all copies of other earlier engine gears and suffered from all the same flaws.
Slow Release Engine Gears – These are included with Wolborg 4, Rock Bison and Desert Sphinxer. Each of these has an attachment similar to the ones on CEW engine Gears which attaches to another plastic section which acts as the bottom part of the blade base and has the tip for the beyblade.
Non Standard Gears – These are ones which are different from Engine Gears. These all have other gimmicks instead, although some do look like Engine Gears with Full Auto Clutch and Free Shaft looking the same and both having CEWs. The [[Metal Driger |HMC]] is the only competitive one of this series with it being a staple in weight based defence combos and attack combos.

==Blade Bases==
These BBs of this series all have circular holes in the bottom for the engine gears. Also instead of having base clips they have ones which are attached to the base to lock in the Engine Gears. The bases are incompatible with the ones from previous series. There are two types of blade bases which affect how the engine gear will go off. These are:
-First Clutch base – These go off at the start of the battle.
-Final Clutch Base – These go off near the end of the battle.
==Positive features==
-Base Clips – The only real improvement on the previous generation is that all engine gear bases have an evolved version which hook into the base. These solve the problems that the previous ones had being less likely to break and since they stayed in the base unless removed they are seldom lost unlike with the removable ones.
==Negatives features==
The series have several major problems which include these:
-The gimmick of the engine gears most of which provides quick movement of the beyblade around the stadium was inconsistent in providing wins at best.
- The blade bases were tall due to the engine gears. This makes undesirable because they were susceptible to Upper Attack Combos.
-The tall height of the Blade Bases meant that none of the bases were very effective for attack combos.
-Lack of Variety – This is in two senses: Firstly most of the bases look very similar and also the lack of type variety. Due to the gimmick of this generation the only really successful and abundant type is Attack types.
==Overall==
While it’s an interesting and creative concept this series was found to be very underwhelming after the competitive game-changer that was the V2 series. However it provided several ARs which were good for Attack types and Wolborg 4 which is competitive too.

So I noticed that only one of the 5 systems for the plastics series have articles. So i'm planning on doing these. I'm working on the others and will have them finished soon. Also th!nk is working on a proper Plastics article since the one we have is currently have is so bad it might as well not be there (It's like a sentence long!).

RE: Engine Gear System Draft - LeonTempest - Aug. 19, 2012

I would also like to publicly congratulate you on your Lapis Lazul face. Grin

The sentence below the title "negative features" is kind of awkward. I am not sure if it is missing a comma somewhere, or if it just needs to be a better sentence, as I am tired. Perhaps we should also mention the few engine gears that are competitively useful, and while we are at it, perhaps an engine gear category page is in order for all beys including engine gears? (unless we already have one)

This article is off to a great start overall though. Thanks Ultra Smile

RE: Engine Gear System Draft - Ultra - Aug. 19, 2012

Yeah it is after reading it now. It needs better wording. I'll consider those but I kinda wanted to keep it short and sweet which a big list of the engine gear beys won't do. I guess we could maybe link to another page with those on but I mean it's not hard to just look at the product or parts list. Also in my eyes listing the best ones down just induces laziness since after seeing it people may not be bothered to look at the article although it depends on how detailed the list would be tbh.

RE: Engine Gear System Draft - Benjohadi - Aug. 22, 2012

should it be mention too that the blade base is not compatible with other SG except for EG due to the casing?

i also find that this part here can be cut from the blade base section and put it inside the negatives features..
Quote:The bases are incompatible with the ones from previous series.

this one here "The series had a few major problems with the way they are which includes these:", maybe we just can make use of simpler words?
something like this " Engine Gear series are known to have a few major problems in which include as below : "?

this part here sounded confusing to me..but not sure for the others..
Quote:The type of base affect when the engine gear will go off with two types:
"There are two types of blade bases that will affect how the engine gear will go off. There are: "

Quote:==Parts==
Engine gears – These act as the spin gears and the tip for the beyblades of this series. Before the beyblades are launched these need to be wound with an engine winder and then once spinning, they will go off. Also, while earlier engine gears are one piece the last four engine gear beyblades have engine gears which have detachable & interchangeable tips called Customisable Engine Weights (CEW).
Blade Bases – These BBs of this series all have circular holes in the bottom for the engine gears. Instead of having detachable base clips like the older series of plastics, they have ones which are permanently attached to the base. There are two types of blade bases that will affect how the engine gear will go off. There are:
-First Clutch base – These go off at the start of the battle.
-Final Clutch Base – These go off near the end of the battle.

==Negatives features==
Engine Gear series are known to have a few major problems in which include as below :
- The gimmick of the engine gears most of which provides quick movement of the beyblade around the stadium was inconsistent in providing wins at best.
- The blade bases were tall due to the engine gears. This makes undesirable because they were susceptible to Upper Attack Combos.
- The tall height of the Blade Bases meant that none of the bases were very effective for attack combos.
- While this series has fixed clips on its blade bases, and the blade bases have different mold for placing the EG, it is not compatible for use with the SG of the older series.

while my english are not that excellent..haha..well.. Uncertain

anyway..nice and neat job there Ultra..well done..
p/s:nice new face..haha..congrats.. Eee

EDIT:let me know if you need some help for the components of the EG's..i might know little.. Eee

RE: Engine Gear System Draft - Ultra - Aug. 22, 2012

I've edited it. However I don't agree about the base clips bit since I made the Parts section to explain how those parts differ from the same ones of the previous generations.

RE: Engine Gear System Draft - th!nk - Aug. 22, 2012

Figured I should post so everyone who isn't ultra and myself know I have actually read this (a couple of hours after it was posted, in fact).

Quite solid as always. There are a couple of other bases, though, the Normal Bases (often called no clutch, but "Always Clutch" would be more accurate) (no clutch thing may deserve a mention as it's a common term, though it could go into the terminology page), and of course the engine stopper base, which is very different but may still deserve a mention. You may also want to discuss the different types of engine gears here, unless that's not what you were going for, but I feel it should be discussed.

There should also be a positive section, for improvements. The main one is the base clips thing, a much more solid design, as well as one that couldn't fly out mid battle. They were kinda awkward but definitely a major improvement over the older designs - I've never had one break.

There are some other negatives to mention, such as bulk, lack of variety and the effects of a large weight along the centre line of the beyblade (Tips/CEW's). Of course, I have an unfinished blogpost called missed opportunities, mainly focussed on the G/GT series and it's very, very long so I could go on for ages, but the ones you've mentioned and the bulk thing are the main ones.

You mean the different types of engine gear? Cause aren't there only like 4 before you get to the CEW ones? Also those can be looked up in the parts list? I only put a negatives section due to the large amount of them. And I couldn't think of anything substantial to put in a Positives section. Would you mind showing me that via PM so I get a better picture? I would find it quite interesting too. Oh and what do you think of Leon's suggestions? About a list of the beys from the series with competitive parts.

Regular (Metal Semi Flat/Ball/Flat) + Circle Survivor/(Defenser/Mystery Cutter) and the CEW parts, Gyro Gear, Right Spin Gear (Heavy Metal Core), Customize Gears, Turbo, Reverse, FAC, Free Shaft Ver, and the various CEW's.

Of course, the in depth stuff could be left for the spin gears article or an Engine Gear article as I'm very, very strongly considering splitting the Spin Gears article into three different articles as there's a lot to say about each, but the different types should still be covered here with info like how Gyro Gear was probably a precursor to the Customize Gears of the GT gen as well as the GT gen itself, having a gimmick much like Zeus/Gigars CG's, the first proper CEW and being the first to use the CEW attachment part.

Uh I kinda disagree with doing that in here mainly due to this being an overview. Also people can look at the product list for that. Uh Gigars was released before Zeus actually.

That's fine, but you should still discuss engine gears and their types in a bit more detail, because that's a massive part of the system, in fact EG's and BB's probably deserve a section each.

Yeah I guess they do deserve separate sections. Did you mean like splitting them up into their types like Attack, Stamina and Defensive?

I just meant the different varieties of them.

You want me do describe each one? There are twelve!

You could, but only briefly for each, but what I mean is like:
Regular EG's
Right EG Circle Survivor/Defenser/Mystery Cutter (Survivor and the other two are different but similar enough to discuss together given they work on the release the same way).
Customize EG's - Regular
Non-Standard Gears (FAC/Free Shaft Ver/Gyro) and the HMC one (though that might deserve a separate description entirely).
Don't go into too much depth, just say how each one works/is structured and make a small note of any competitive use/properties or whatever. Don't do a list though, IMO, just like write about them normally.
But yeah, don't go into tooooo much depth, we're just discussing the system here.

RE: Engine Gear System Draft - Nocto - Aug. 23, 2012

Replace, edit, merge or whatever.
It's missing the Gyro Engine Gear section.

Quote:The Engine Gear System features a complete redesign of Blade Bases and Spin Gears. The latter, now called Engine Gears, integrate small wind-up engines that release power at different times during battle depending on the Blade Base used.

For an in-depth analysis of specific Engine Gears and their Bases, please refer to their respective Beyblade Articles.

==Parts==
===Engine Gears===
Engine Gears replace Spin Gears in the G and GT series. They come with a tool – “Winder” – used to power their wind-up engines. They can only be used in conjunction with the (Clutch) Blade Bases.
====G Series====
*Engine Gear: The regular release of Engine Gears, it spins right and comes with three varieties of tips: Ball, Flat and Semi-Flat. It can fit any EG Bases.

''A unique variation of the Semi-Flat EG was released with Dragoon G, spinning left instead of right.''

*Special Engine Gears: They feature wide, removeable tips that often come into contact with other Beyblades, allowing them to recharge during battle. They are often restricted to Normal Bases. Despite their similarity in design with Customize Engine Gears and CEW, they are not compatible with each other.

*SG Right Spin Gear (Heavy Metal Core): Built like a Neo Spin Gear, but designed like an Engine Gear, it uses a Core instead of an engine, and can only be fit in EG Bases. It has a Semi-Flat tip.

====GT Series====
The GT Series divided the Engine Gears into two parts: a Customize Engine Gear and a Customize Engine Weight (CEW). With only a few releases, most have unique effects and unique CEW. They also come with unique tools with designs mimicking their Beyblades.

*Right Customize Engine Gear: Released as a stand-alone product, it is a CEW-upgraded regular Engine Gear. It comes with a Semi-Flat CEW.

===Blade Bases===
The Blade Bases released in the G and GT series are divided in three categories: Normal Clutch, First Clutch and Final Clutch. The Base Clips are now locked inside the Base, making it nearly impossible for one to fly out during battle, as opposed to regular Base Clips. These Blade Bases can only be used in conjunction with Engine Gears.

*Normal/No Clutch Base: It features no clutch, hence its “No Clutch” appellation, and forces the EG’s gears to spin as soon as they are wound up.

''It is worth noting that winding up certain Engine Gears (such as Circle Survivor) long enough will eventually lock them.''

*First Clutch Base: Built with a clutch, it leaves the lock on the Engine Gear intact, instead releasing the wound-up gears as soon as the Beyblade is launched.

*Final Clutch Base: Built with a clutch, four springs and two tabs. If the tabs are pulled, it leaves the lock on the Engine Gear intact, releasing the gears sometime during battle when the tabs retract, either through a powerful enough hit or through time. If the tabs are not pulled, it will act similarly to a Normal Clutch Base.

''A special version, said to trigger release sooner, was designed for Dranzer GT, under the name Middle Clutch Base.''

RE: Engine Gear System Draft - Ultra - Aug. 23, 2012

Thanks for that. I'll have a more complete edit sometime tonight.