World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Anime and Manga (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Anime-and-Manga)
+--- Thread: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade (/Thread-Original-Beyblade-V-S-Metal-Fight-Beyblade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - plumgangsta245 - Jul. 19, 2009

I like the new mf beyblades but the main character,gingta(somethin' like that)looks like he's never heard of a comb

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Jul. 20, 2009

(Jul. 19, 2009  11:52 PM)plumgangsta245 Wrote: I like the new mf beyblades but the main character,gingta(somethin' like that)looks like he's never heard of a comb
What an incredible loser then.

Several anime characters look as if they have never appreciated a good comb ...

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Bey Brad - Jul. 20, 2009

ginga's hair is immaculately styled, definitely used a comb

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - ZeusBlakDranzer - Jul. 20, 2009

I liked the First Beyblade (Original, V-force, and G-rev) better. I loved to see those giant monsters (yes i know they're called Bit-Beasts/Holy Spirits) fight. Watching spinning tops hit each other is fun, but it doesn't blow your mind. Watching spinning tops sending out huge monsters to battle each other, that blows your mind. In the first series, the main characters lost rather frequently, which made it less predictable, and no battle has ever or will ever come close to Brooklyn vs. Kai rematch Grin. Also, you get to see them rise to the challenge, work hard and form bods with each other, no main character was introduced as a super powerful, end-all-beat-all blader (except maybe Kai, but c'mon, he's Kai!), they were always introduced as better-than-average, then some random character beats them, then they go out, upgrade their blades, do some training and get stronger. I will however try to give this new series a chance (I gave Yu-Gi-Oh GX a chance and it wasn't so bad Grin). And I loved the Dub's soundtrack more than the Original's. That's why i like the first series better.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Tempestas007 - Jul. 20, 2009

Quote:I loved to see those giant monsters (yes i know they're called Bit-Beasts/Holy Spirits) fight

MFB does have spirits coming out of the blades to fight. It's just less frequent because it focuses more on the Beyblades than on the spirts.

Quote:In the first series, the main characters lost rather frequently, which made it less predictable

The main characters in MFB do lose.

Quote:no battle has ever or will ever come close to Brooklyn vs. Kai rematch

Ginta vs. Ryuuga was better. Deeper history. The next battle between them is sure is be fantastic.

Quote:Also, you get to see them rise to the challenge, work hard and form bods with each other, no main character was introduced as a super powerful, end-all-beat-all blader (except maybe Kai, but c'mon, he's Kai!) they were always introduced as better-than-average, then some random character beats them, then they go out, upgrade their blades, do some training and get stronger

That's present in MFB, not sure what you are getting at. And Kai fanboyism is bad for your health.

if you don't want to watch spinning tops hit each other, you're watching the wrong show

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Ariamis776 - Jul. 20, 2009

In a way i agree with ZeusBlakDranzer tbh mfb and the originals i rate the same in my personal views, but mfb as better battle detail yes, but no match will EVER beat the Tyson vs. Brooklyn and Tyson vs. kane (cyber dragoon) those battle were demons!

tyson vs kane was the most boring battle in the history of the series

Seriously? it had alot of feeling and emotion...i thought it was awesome

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Jul. 20, 2009

If you isolate one of the seasons of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, the main characters lost frequently ?
In the first season : Takao lost about 1/4 of his battles, Kai 2/9 of his, Rei 4/15, and Max, 1/3.

I would have to come up with such statistics for Metal Fight Beyblade's main characters, but it seemed to me that Kenta, Kyouya and Benkei lost a bigger percentage of their battles, if you do not count the free battles they always have against Takashi, Akira and Osamu. Ginga has the Bey Soul, so he is excluded ...

We are not even halfway through Metal Fight Beyblade yet. I am certain there will be a battle between Ginga and Ryuuga that even you will be able to compare with the one between Takao and Brooklyn.

Furthermore, the background music will probably be the same as in the original.

welp, i am only on episode 6, i watch in english subs, dont ask why lol i dont know myself. but im waiting until the season 1 of mfb has ended to rate it.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Tempestas007 - Jul. 20, 2009

You can do what most (or atleast I) of us do and watch the RAWs then read Kai-V's summary on Beyblade Spirit.

Well, that is an AMAZING idea,and now im gonna watch some mfb! cheers temp.

(Jul. 20, 2009  11:32 AM)Zarrox770 Wrote: Seriously? it had alot of feeling and emotion...i thought it was awesome

it was 90 minutes of watching two dumb cartoon dragons throw themselves into each other

thats wat made it so awesome! kid friendly violence! mixed with a lil kid going maaaaadly psycho

If you seriously think that Ginga Vs. Ryuga wasn't way better than Takao Vs. Kane ...

Well, I don't know what to tell you.

i regret to tell you i havent had the pleasure of watching that match yet.

well then go download it

ep 13

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - TheUnkownGod - Jul. 21, 2009

I think that although both series are heavy advertisement to children, the original Beyblade...and I mean the first show was a little more story oriented. Metal Fight Beyblade starts off to fast in my opinion. Neither shows are great shows really, but the original Beyblade seemed to have more of a liking to me. Maybe it's because I was a kid, but I'd still argue that right now MFB is not as capturing.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - BlacK PhoeniX - Jul. 21, 2009

i guess its all how u view it really, story wise the originals got a bit 2 gimmiky 2wards the end until the hms came out, series 1 in my opinion had the best story, series 2 sucked outrite (come the i must win 2 b a real boy story was bad) series 3s charater design was good but the eg gear blades started 2 move 2 far away from wat i thought beyblade was all bout, its still early days but mfb has taken bak beyblading 2 its roots.

i loved the characters in the 3rd series, kai espesially and i can c y ppl r comparing kyouya 2 kai as the 1st episode did hav a few resemblences 2 the 1st few of series 1 but u can say that its home hommage 2 its predasesor.

i kno it wont happen but i would hav loved 2 hav seen a cross over episode between the 2 groups or 4 them 2 redo series 1 in the same style as series 3/mfb but it wont happen lol but a guy can dream

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Ariamis776 - Jul. 21, 2009

im watching them in raw and reading kai-v's review on beyblae spirit.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - H - Jul. 21, 2009

Well, just to give my two cents.

The the original series i felt had some very good episodes. It was the character development which i valued greatly, rather than the terrible plot lines. I was far more concerned about watching the characters plot lines such as (Kai and Black Dranzer in season one) develop rather than the beyblade battles which i found in most cases rather boring Uncertain. Some were interesting but like many have stated, once it became about huge holograms just bashing into each other, it just seemed pointless. Oh look Tyson is losing, oh wait he's just got angry therefore his hologram is raging and he's sure to win. Dumb.

MFB seems to focus more on attention of detail of the actual beyblade battles themselves. To say the least the beyblade battles are more logical, and getting rid of bit beasts and using the horoscopes simply as a representation was a good move. The characters however don't interest me as much as the characters of the original series, and yes, i am a sucker for Kai Uncertain.

In conclusion i feel that MFB just takes it.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Bey Brad - Jul. 21, 2009

^ i read this post and all i think is "why are you even watching beyblade at all"

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - H - Jul. 21, 2009

(Jul. 21, 2009  5:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ^ i read this post and all i think is "why are you even watching beyblade at all"

As stated. I like the character development.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Bey Brad - Jul. 21, 2009

(Jul. 21, 2009  5:48 PM)H Wrote: As stated. I like the character development.

if you're looking for character development, surely watching a cartoon that's little more than an extended commercial isn't the best idea? why not watch avatar or ghost in the shell or something?

perhaps i'm just an old cynic now but if i didn't play beyblade i can't fathom being interested in this cartoon