World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Anime and Manga (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Anime-and-Manga)
+--- Thread: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade (/Thread-Original-Beyblade-V-S-Metal-Fight-Beyblade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Nightsong - Dec. 07, 2011

While I do enjoy both series, I'd have to say that I prefer Metal Fight Beyblade over the original Beyblade. The original Beyblade series is what got me interested in collecting Beyblades years ago. So it does hold a little special place in my heart. However I'm finding myself enjoying the story and characters more in Metal Fight Beyblade. While it's not an "Anime masterpiece", the series does feel well rounded and flows more smoothly than the original Beyblade.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Dec. 07, 2011

The decision to be such a continuous story with the same designs and almost no change of Beyblades is a weird one ... Surely, it had to be a strategic decision in order not to repeat any mistakes done with Bakuten Shoot Beyblade that caused the toyline to be suspended in 2005-2006, but the anime is not even that popular in Japan, so I do not know if there are really a lot of kids who want to watch every episode every Sunday morning in order not to miss a part in this story ...

One of the problems involved in Beyblade series is also the changing audience, when a generation outgrows a selected toyline, so it seems odd to want to continue with the same story, yet wish to have Metal Fight Beyblade continue for a while. If new kids do get into Beyblade later, they start watching the anime and they have no idea what the story really is about.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - apple1075 - Dec. 09, 2011

MFB seems quite good but I grew up watching the original series so it will always be the best for me, I find Ginka quite annoying

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - xSora10 - Dec. 09, 2011

Personally I like MFB, because of all the epic action, and it's newer, so the animation is clearer.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Aerith - Dec. 16, 2011

Well,in my oppinion i think that MFB is better i mean it has a lot of action and i like a lot the storyline(which is very important to me) but i like the original tooSmile

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - UNC@rpyBlader - Dec. 17, 2011

MFB is way better than the old series because the MFB bit beats look cooler than the old ones since the old ones are weird bit beasts so MFB Forever!

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - miztechwizard - Dec. 17, 2011

I have to agree with Nightsong that MFB storyline flows better than the original beyblade and V-force (they use some chapters for replays, barbecues and stuff), and the image and cg is better in MFB than in those two, but in g revolution none of those complaints apply. I actually think the image is even more detailed in G rev. than in MFB ( torn clothes, bruises and beyblade acrobatic maneuvers).

By the way...are the beasts in MFB even bit beasts?
I thougth that the bladers were only imagining them, like the special soccer moves in Captain Tsubasa.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Dec. 17, 2011

They are supposed to only be metaphorical representations of the battle.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Hov - Dec. 17, 2011

I like the original. It was more "gangsta" to me LOL. I mean almost every battle there's scratches, bruises, and some blood on the beyblade user. Like Kai vs Brooklyn for example Tongue_out_wink. With MFB its like. . . . what? The battles aren't as intense as the old ones. Oringinal ftw!

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Hazel - Dec. 17, 2011

All the weird karate nonsense that went on in G-Revolution made it absolutely impossible to watch.

Even for an anime series, it was needlessly melodramatic.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - miztechwizard - Dec. 18, 2011

Not needlessly. If in the finals of season 1 Ray was being sliced alive, they would be sitting ducks if they stayed still in season 3. It surprises me that the MFB bladers stay still to endure so many explosions and energy blasts without being burned to a crisp.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Wild Mardo - Dec. 18, 2011

I like the old series much better than MF, notably G-Revolution, its my favourite Animeseries.

The only point what is better in MF are the beyblades, but thats really the only point.
In G-Revolution the story is better, the bit-beast are much more creative, the stadiums are more intressting and the battles are much more exciting and also the special moves are cooler. G-Revolution is even much funnier than MF. I love AJ Topper and Brad Best *_*

What are also enjoy, is that in the original series the battles are much more exertive and they have scratches and bruises, and in MF they are fine.

What I hate in MF is, that Ginga wins almost every battle. Yeah Tyson also wins the most battles, but he also loses often.

For me the characters in the old seasons have much more personality and they appear more often. Sora from MF, as example, only appears two times.

I like MF really much, but G-Revolution is for me much better.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - smoked17 - Dec. 28, 2011

I like the original better, It had alot more diversity

Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - BeybladeGarage - Mar. 01, 2012

I think the Original Beyblade is better because it was one of the most memorable cartoon ive seen as a kid,The characters are better than Metal Fusion the opening,songs, story line stadiums are better they even had anouncers and awesome huge bit beasts compared to now where they have a horse as there main bit beast isn't that a bit to girly plus it is normal size and nothing intresting about them like no armour they dont come out of the Bey they run with the Bey they are not even called bit beasts lol and how the heck is a flying horse suppose to attack,The characters are a rip off from the old series like Gingka has kai's scarf and has Tysons passionate in Beyblade even though they try so hard to make Ginkga so strong he still doesn't compare to how good Tyson was i mean at least Tyson lost some of his matches not to make the series look too stupid if it wasn't for the original there wouldn't be no Metal fusion or Metal masters even there name sucks come on at least try to be more creative with the names oh what the next series going to be called metal fury and the next metal zero g lol if only they could bring back the old series and have the hms beyblade so they can have there chance to be used in the next 4th season because i never seen there full power and what happen to Boris is he going to return or what about Dr Zhaggart or Voltaire are they going to do something at least make a season with the Bladebreakers in it and it doesn't have to be a tournement they can be battling outside or some mysterios bey they never seen i dont know something like that and they can make it a tournement because the bladebreakers only been a team once in the first season and who wins out of Tyson vs Kai in the last ever scene in g revolution and please make Kai win since he tryed so hard to beat Brookyln to get to Tyson or they can rerelease the original beyblade with the newer ones and make twice as much as money and what about the special chapter where everyone like Tyson,Kai,Max,Ray,Kenny are all older and there kids are facing eachother at least make a season about them, if thundercatz made a return why cant the original beyblade make a return just for us old fans who supported beyblade from the beggining.

(Jul. 11, 2009  6:18 PM)Giga Wrote: MFB owns. That is all.

mfb just sucks
(Dec. 09, 2011  11:18 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: Personally I like MFB, because of all the epic action, and it's newer, so the animation is clearer.
In the original they got more action better storyline and its more funnier mfb is just to childish.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Mar. 01, 2012

Did you ever think that perhaps your view of Metal Fight Beyblade would be different if you were watching it with the same age as when you watched Bakuten Shoot Beyblade ... ?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - miztechwizard - Mar. 01, 2012

I hear you,BeybladeGarage... it's true that the first characters were incredible, but i don't think the old beyblade should be brought back, even more nowadays where directors are so fond of making remakes of movies just to disgrace it completely. What pains me is that the writers had not the creativity to make an even more memorable anime out of all the resources they have now and couldn't use back then. I sure hope that zero G is a 180º shift out of the situation.

Even in the era of the original beyblade, beybattling was a guilty pleasure...surely not the thing you show to impress girls, for instance. Then MFB came up. It was nice to have beyblades in the market again, i mean, beyblades are what beyblades are. But... Did the way people play with it changed? Well, when one sees his opponent trying to harness his bey spirit os whatever, it becomes obvious that beyblade became much more of a guilty pleasure than before(not to say dumber).

The truth is that the anime is not only the marketing presentation of the beyblade franchise, it is also the way for people to understand the beyblade hobby entirely. If the face of beyblade is an anime with predictable storyline, with random religious concepts, and shallow characters that lack both background story and motivation, it becomes that much harder for people around you to accept it, and that much harder for the hobby to be taken seriously. Ex : less people hears of Pokémon nowadays don't they? Surely awfully planned storyline and nonsensical repetition didn't help.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - BeybladeGarage - Mar. 01, 2012

You say if the Original came back it would be rubbish not as rubbish as metal fusion they already f.cked up the story line so what is the point worrying about the Beyblade industry we just want see the original beyblade characters or there kids in action plus know about there story it would just be like Dragonballgt and I know for sure that never messed up, The reason why Pokemon is rubbish is because they made about twenty goddanm seasons and ran out of ideas with there storyline I mean aint they suppose to stop after like 7 seasons plus we have way more better ideas for the season 4 if they release it, because they only had 3 seasons which is nothing I mean look how many episodes they had for dragonball and look at how much of a hit that became if we carry on with this metal fusion it's just going to be a waste of time because there is nothing amazing in it the beyblades and the bit beast are as boring as hell plus the battle which really sucks.In the uk this show is unknown compared to the original where it was very popular if only they can make the last special chapter in to a series which I know for sure it's going to be a hit if it was a cartoon series this new one doesn't even give you a single hint about the old one it a totally different world and it's really childish compared to the old one.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Mar. 01, 2012

Bakuten Shoot Beyblade was stopped because the Beyblade sales became very poor during G Revolution. The sole goal of the anime is to advertise the toyline and make people buy the toys. If the show cannot do that, then to TAKARA-TOMY it does not deserve to go on because it is not serving its purpose anymore.

Metal Fight Beyblade was introduced only for a whole new generation. That is partly why they waited almost three years to put it forward. You are not even meant to compare it to Bakuten Shoot Beyblade.

Both shows, reaching their third season, had to be stopped : they were spent. There was not much more that could be done with Takao and the others after G Revolution, and you really would prefer that it ended strong as an anime rather than bad after one or two extra seasons that were so-so.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - miztechwizard - Mar. 01, 2012

(Mar. 01, 2012  6:10 PM)BeybladeGarage Wrote: ...In the uk this show is unknown compared to the original where it was very popular...
Interesting. The situation is similar here in Brazil. Even tough the MFB toys can be easilly found, the MFB show itself is unknown, probably because it didn't air in open tv, it was the opposite around 2000 or so.

(Mar. 01, 2012  6:10 PM)BeybladeGarage Wrote: ...we just want see the original beyblade characters or there kids in action plus know about there story it would just be like Dragonballgt and I know for sure that never messed up, ...

... if only they can make the last special chapter in to a series which I know for sure it's going to be a hit if it was a cartoon series...
Yeah... the famous last chapter of the manga could make a kickass movie, and a good chance to advertise the rest of the Hms beyblades that didn't appear in the show. But i heard the mangaka stopped drawing... if another one started out from his work, the chances of messing up in a lenghty 50 episodes cartoon surely increases.

(Mar. 01, 2012  6:10 PM)BeybladeGarage Wrote: ...if we carry on with this metal fusion it's just going to be a waste of time because there is nothing amazing in it the beyblades and the bit beast are as boring as hell plus the battle which really sucks...

...this new one doesn't even give you a single hint about the old one it a totally different world and it's really childish compared to the old one...
Not to comment every battle looks like a debate that ends with a bang... kinda like Saint Seiya, when i think about it.

(Mar. 01, 2012  6:10 PM)BeybladeGarage Wrote: ...The reason why Pokemon is rubbish is because they made about twenty goddanm seasons and ran out of ideas with there storyline I mean aint they suppose to stop after like 7 seasons...
LOL Grin

But seriously... really hard to divide the conclusions in your posts. Make a paragraph per conclusion and you should become a hell of a writer.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Jrx - Mar. 01, 2012

BeybladeGarage
China called, they want their Wall back.

Besides, i hate your "rubbish" opinion, insulting others opinions. You have no rights to call any anime "Rubbish" and we all have to agree with it. Get out, hater. Kai-V summarized it nicely, you on other hand had to move onto insults. People like this work on my nerves.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - 3-Dog - Mar. 01, 2012

Well, he does have the right to call an anime 'rubbish' because that's his opinion. Besides, calling something rubbish isn't such a big deal.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - miztechwizard - Mar. 02, 2012

(Mar. 01, 2012  9:36 PM)Jrx Wrote: BeybladeGarage
China called, they want their Wall back.

I don't get it. What's wrong with the China wall?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Jrx - Mar. 02, 2012

(Mar. 01, 2012  10:02 PM)Zain Wrote: Well, he does have the right to call an anime 'rubbish' because that's his opinion. Besides, calling something rubbish isn't such a big deal.

He acts like we all have to agree with him, seems like another Nostalgia idiot. If he misses everything "old" and hates everything "new" why he's still alive? The World is not staying in one place forever.

Quote:I don't get it. What's wrong with the China wall?
BeybladeGarage's text without any spaces, barely any comas and dots is as big as China's wall.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - 3-Dog - Mar. 02, 2012

He never said we have to agree with him. I dislike the new series and miss the old one but I'm still alive. Nostalgia is perfectly normal.

It's pretty blatant that he hurt your feelings. Relax. It's only his opinion.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Jrx - Mar. 02, 2012

Quote:Nostalgia is perfectly normal.

But overusing Nostalgia isn't perfectly normal, and you can't counter my point now.
Saying "OMG NEW BEYBLADE SUCKS, ZOMG NEW YUGIOH IS GARBAGE, OMFG NEW POKEMON SUCK, OMG NEW CONSOLES ARE carp I MISS MY GAMEBOY AND PLAYSTATION ONE" will get him nowhere.

If he ran a famous company one day, and had the chance to
1.Stop Making Money
2.Make money by releasing "New" things, what would he select?

I don't think anyone would be that stupid to select the first point.
So why there is complaining? As long as Money exist, there will be new Series in a Francishe, New Francishes, New Consoles, New Clothes, and nobody can stop this. Like i said, overusing Nostalgia everywhere won't help anyone.

People need to accept the current time, otherwise nobody will ever turn TV anymore, because "Only new" things are in it.