World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos (/Thread-Competitive-Metal-Fight-Beyblade-Combos)

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Pimpju - Sep. 02, 2010

Just a thought, perhaps the beyblade combos that aren't quite tested enough to be top tier, but are generally considered to be (i.e, Quetzalcoatl CH120 CS, MF-H Earth Bull Gb145 RS etc) be put under a "prospective top tier combo" list.

Since there's been a lot of talk about the need to update the attack types and with the advent of RS and MF2, I thought this may be quite good, until further tests are carried out.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Nojo294 - Sep. 02, 2010

(Sep. 02, 2010  3:19 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Just a thought, perhaps the beyblade combos that aren't quite tested enough to be top tier, but are generally considered to be (i.e, Quetzalcoatl CH120 CS, MF-H Earth Bull Gb145 RS etc) be put under a "prospective top tier combo" list.

Since there's been a lot of talk about the need to update the attack types and with the advent of RS and MF2, I thought this may be quite good, until further tests are carried out.

This is actually a great idea! not only will it allow users to know what to test, it also adds options to one's combo's they can use instead of strict limitations.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - xUni - Sep. 02, 2010

(Sep. 02, 2010  3:19 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Just a thought, perhaps the beyblade combos that aren't quite tested enough to be top tier, but are generally considered to be (i.e, Quetzalcoatl CH120 CS, MF-H Earth Bull Gb145 RS etc) be put under a "prospective top tier combo" list.

I've always wondered why we didn't have a list for that purpose, I certainly agree with this idea.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Corey - Sep. 02, 2010

Definitely co-sign on that idea.

(Though most of the community knows the combos that are being considered)

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Cpt. Squirrel - Sep. 02, 2010

Not to fuel/revive this argument, but reading through the OP, I think there should be a few revisions.

Bear in mind that 'this is a list of currently competitive combos in the Metal Fight Beyblade metagame.'

Storm Pegasis 100RF, ED145, CH120, B, WD (for defence) and D should be removed, as well as making Metal Face a key component instead of being an addition. My main reason being that these parts/combo are not competitive and are only poor alternatives to their betters. Access to these parts should also not be accounted for.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Pimpju - Sep. 02, 2010

I agree with this though it will probably bring up a big controversy again =P

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Dpda1 - Sep. 02, 2010

(Jun. 28, 2009  4:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is a list of currently competitive combos in the Metal Fight Beyblade metagame. This topic will be updated as new parts are released. Please post your comments and suggestions. Smile

ATTACK
  • Quetzalcoatl 90RF
  • Storm Pegasis 100 RF
  • Metal Face Lightning L-Drago CH120RF

DEFENSE
  • (Metal Face) Earth Bull/Aquario C145/GB145/ED145/CH120 WB/B/WD

STAMINA
  • Virgo DF145 WD/SD/D
  • Burn Bull DF145 WD/SD/D
  • Thermal Bull DF145 WD/SD/D
  • Earth Bull DF145 WD/SD/D

Libra removed from list, banned from WBO play.

What about balance?

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Cpt. Squirrel - Sep. 02, 2010

There are no competitive balance customs.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Wizard - Sep. 03, 2010

Hmm, after Counter is tested I wonder if it will be better than Earth and make a new top teir defence custom.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Daegor42 - Sep. 03, 2010

(Sep. 03, 2010  12:13 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Hmm, after Counter is tested I wonder if it will be better than Earth and make a new top teir defence custom.

No, it will not. As a person with the Counter wheel, I can say that Counter shows very little defense potential.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Cpt. Squirrel - Sep. 03, 2010

It won't. It has a lot more recoil than Earth.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Wizard - Sep. 03, 2010

(Sep. 03, 2010  12:14 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2010  12:13 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Hmm, after Counter is tested I wonder if it will be better than Earth and make a new top teir defence custom.

No, it will not. As a person with the Counter wheel, I can say that Counter shows very little defense potential.
Then which is better Rock or Counter?

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - loyd87 - Sep. 03, 2010

rock is more viable then counter in defense

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - fjrocks366 - Sep. 04, 2010

would Storm Pegasus 100r2f be top tier

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Corey - Sep. 04, 2010

Most likely not, after the list gets updated.

Storm is on it's way out as a top tier attack wheel.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Nojo294 - Sep. 04, 2010

(Sep. 04, 2010  2:44 AM)Corey Wrote: Most likely not, after the list gets updated.

Actually since I like the storm wheel, I tried it out with an MF and a R2F... way more raw power. I think it still has potential to make it on the list.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Mc Frown - Sep. 04, 2010

I don't. Storm is pretty bad as an attack wheel compared to some of the big hitters.

(Sep. 04, 2010  11:41 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: I don't. Storm is pretty bad as an attack wheel compared to some of the big hitters.

True. I did notice that Ray was significantly more powerful compared to storm.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - fjrocks366 - Sep. 04, 2010

(Sep. 04, 2010  11:34 PM)Nojo294 Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2010  2:44 AM)Corey Wrote: Most likely not, after the list gets updated.

Actually since I like the storm wheel, I tried it out with an MF and a R2F... way more raw power. I think it still has potential to make it on the list.

So MF Storm______R2f Is more attackish

(Sep. 04, 2010  11:49 PM)fjrocks366 Wrote:

yes but unless someone discovers a use for storm that's not outclassed by another wheel, it will probably not be top tier.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - fjrocks366 - Sep. 05, 2010

(Sep. 04, 2010  11:53 PM)Nojo294 Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2010  11:49 PM)fjrocks366 Wrote:

yes but unless someone discovers a use for storm that's not outclassed by another wheel, it will probably not be top tier.

Is there a better Attack wheel that can go with this combo cuz I'm all fired up to buy the parts now Smile

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Kai-V - Sep. 05, 2010

(Sep. 05, 2010  12:00 AM)fjrocks366 Wrote: Is there a better Attack wheel that can go with this combo cuz I'm all fired up to buy the parts now Smile
You should really read the list in the first post, and use the "Build me a combo!" topic for most of your questions.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Kei - Sep. 05, 2010

(Sep. 02, 2010  8:29 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Not to fuel/revive this argument, but reading through the OP, I think there should be a few revisions.

Bear in mind that 'this is a list of currently competitive combos in the Metal Fight Beyblade metagame.'

Storm Pegasis 100RF, ED145, CH120, B, WD (for defence) and D should be removed, as well as making Metal Face a key component instead of being an addition. My main reason being that these parts/combo are not competitive and are only poor alternatives to their betters. Access to these parts should also not be accounted for.

Honestly, I agree with this as well. There are a ton of poor alternatives to "top tier" combos (that include parts such as the ones Cpt. Squirrel pointed out above), but this thread should be reserved for the absolute best customs in each category.

However, before I take any action, I'd like to ask you all; is anybody opposed to the idea of removing some of the customs/parts from the current list? If so, why?

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Vamspapi - Sep. 05, 2010

Instead of having just "Top Tier" and "Not Top Tier", can we have multiple Tiers? Tier 1 would be a trimmed version of this thread, Tier 2 is the remainder that was cut, and 3+ is everything else.

RE: Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos - Nojo294 - Sep. 05, 2010

(Sep. 05, 2010  2:48 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2010  8:29 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Not to fuel/revive this argument, but reading through the OP, I think there should be a few revisions.

Honestly, I agree with this as well. There are a ton of poor alternatives to "top tier" combos (that include parts such as the ones Cpt. Squirrel pointed out above), but this thread should be reserved for the absolute best customs in each category.

However, before I take any action, I'd like to ask you all; is anybody opposed to the idea of removing some of the customs/parts from the current list? If so, why?
I'm opposed to ED145 being removed as there are times when it absorbs the largest of hits from top tier attack combos. Of course there can be just as much recoil but the chances are less than 50% due to the space between the wings being smaller than the wings themselves. That's just my opinion though. I also like the aesthetics of ED145.