World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB (/Thread-Product-BBG-23-Zero-G-Random-Booster-Vol-3-Bandid-Genbull-F230TB)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Imperial - Oct. 15, 2012

I'm suprised they still kept Saramanda in there, there was three in the first one and one in the second one. They should have put a Revizer/Begirados/Goreim in there instead.

There better be SR200 and BWD in this too.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Cannon - Oct. 15, 2012

Heh, Zionson's greediness of only wanting Killerken in the SBS are over. Grin

TB looks hideous ..

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - zionson - Oct. 15, 2012

(Oct. 15, 2012  7:00 AM)Cannon Wrote: Heh, Zionson's greediness of only wanting Killerken in the SBS are over. Grin

TB looks hideous ..

Haha, indeed they are. And my greediness with Phoenics, too.

Overall, I'm happy. This means I can totally trash my Phoenic wheels now without fear of expensive replacements. Grin Killerken doesn't get spent as much.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Clonetos - Oct. 15, 2012

Mother of god this makes it the first random booster to HAVE another prize bey from another booster IN this booster! I am SO gonna get this booster I will I must! I SHALL!!!!

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Bobmcdoogal - Oct. 15, 2012

Finally there are no Ifraids and Orojyas in this RB.
I'm definately going to buy the full set of this RB for Christmas.
I also love that Yellow/Gold Killerken.
I also wonder what Crystal Wheels will be in this RB?
Bandid(Of Course),Pirates,Samurai,Archer,Shinobi,Guardian,Thief,Berserker?

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Tri - Oct. 15, 2012

I'm loving that yellow/gold killerken. Hopefully I can get genbu, it looks pretty good.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Kai-V - Oct. 15, 2012

(Oct. 15, 2012  4:16 AM)bj3rdd Wrote: I'm definitely going to buy the full set!!! THIS DESERVES MY MONEY! I'm really looking forward to this and the other reshuffle sets

(Oct. 15, 2012  4:21 AM)Imperial Wrote: I'm suprised they still kept Saramanda in there, there was three in the first one and one in the second one. They should have put a Revizer/Begirados/Goreim in there instead.

There better be SR200 and BWD in this too.

Saramanda is becoming the Bull of the Zero-G Random Boosters, hah.

Thank you Just That Guy, for thanking me everywhere.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Brood - Oct. 15, 2012

I feel complicated after taking a look at the lineup.Obviously happy because of the new parts and obviously sad to see no goleim.I say this is one of the most unorthodox RB.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Kai-V - Oct. 15, 2012

*Goreim.

The article stub for Bandid Genbull F230TB is up :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Bandid_Genbull_F230TB

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Tyler Le - Oct. 15, 2012

I'm thiking of buying a full set of this.
Genbull look awesome in my opinion. My two fav color: orange and Blue Smile
Either way, it is a good way to get phoenix, along with those DX set.
Also loving all these color scheme, (two accessible killerken o.0)
And genbull part seems lots of fun to me. Not sure it'll work well for the Bey itself)

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Cannon - Oct. 15, 2012

Why is there no Goreim or Begirados? Serious

Random Boosters are my main way of acquiring another part if I only purchased one of something. Tired

EDIT: I just realized this is sort of like the "Kreis Cygnus" of Zero-G, heh. Well, to me.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - ReiKon02 - Oct. 15, 2012

Omg theres a blue and an orange gunbull... all we need is a purple and a red one and you could TOTALLY make TMNT Customs XD. Also theres a blue phoenic carp YEAH DRANZER XD

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - sarabscientist - Oct. 15, 2012

A bit late, but here nontheless. Interesting to see the new parts, especially F230. The color scheme does look nice and all but the Beyblade isn't really appealing in my opinion, haha. The face though ... :L

And, that is some really nice .gif work! Thanks Kai-V Smile

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Kei - Oct. 15, 2012

I'm surprised they're re-releasing Killerken so soon; especially with two in the booster. Same with Phoenic, although, I do suppose those are hard to find now in Japan.

(Oct. 15, 2012  7:18 AM)zionson Wrote: Overall, I'm happy. This means I can totally trash my Phoenic wheels now without fear of expensive replacements. Grin

My thoughts exactly. Eee

i'll be buying a million of these

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - th!nk - Oct. 15, 2012

TB reminds me of something I did with some K'NEX as a kid, though it had a flat tip rather than a round one. Maybe it'll find some use in Zero G Stadia, but eh.

F230 looks interesting, but I think everyone is far too optimistic about it, unless the friction is lower than that of a tip that will work with it, it's not going to be that useful..

No offense, but the description on Beywiki just isn't how things like that work, we already have fully free spinning tips or beys with fully free spinning top parts in other series that are supported by low-friction mechanisms, and they generally carry on spinning when hit in the same direction, with the usual rpm loss.

Not to mention that for a wheel to move in the reverse direction to which it was launched, it would momentarily stop as it changed directions, which is an automatic loss.

If it has a good low-friction mechanism (eg bearing support) then it'll be banworthy.

(Oct. 14, 2012  6:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: TB sounds like it will do what JB was meant to do, but multiplied, so the effect would probably be disastrous, hah. It is not like Random Booster prizes have no bad part all the time anyway ...
JB fell only just short of greatness. Slightly more aggression or some actual ability to precess at low RPM would probably have been enough to make it competitive.
That said, I doubt SB will do that, or even the intended gimmick of JB, all that well.

Nonetheless, the inclusion of killerken is very nice.

Thanks for all of the information, Kai-V, and everyone else who posted screenshots etc.

(Oct. 15, 2012  3:56 PM)Technocrat Wrote: No offense, but the description on Beywiki just isn't how things like that work, we already have fully free spinning tips or beys with fully free spinning top parts in other series that are supported by low-friction mechanisms.
Not to mention that for a wheel to move in the reverse direction to which it was launched, it would momentarily stop as it changed directions, which is a loss.

Are you saying that the description on Beywiki is bad, or how the Track works is bad ? Also, the Bottom will still be spinning, technically, so it would not be a loss if it swiftly changes spin direction after being hit. Obviously, that might not work as well as it does in the anime because it would likely be extremely destabilised, especially at such a height.

Thank you Insomniac. and Technocrat.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - th!nk - Oct. 15, 2012

That is not at all how it would work in practice. For starters, the Metal part of a beyblade, especially a heavy MFB has a large amount of inertia, so reversal from a single hit would require an incredible difference in rotational momentum as well as ridiculously low friction.

If it were to spin freely enough that the entire wheel section would be reversed in a single hit, the tip will be stationary as the track spins around the shaft as any tip would have much more friction than such a mechanism. Thus, as the direction changed the beyblade would still momentarily be stationary as a whole.
Yes, the tip may be spinning from a launch, but that would still almost certainly require more friction than would allow reversal, and the RPM required to do this and for the tip to still be spinning would also make reversal practically impossible from a hit.

However, even with tuned bearings and a stationary, rubber tip, or another extremely low friction setup, the most that happens is a drop in RPM, not reversal. It's just like having a very low friction tip, except without (or with less) movement after hits.

Remember, this is by no means the first free-spinning tip part in beyblade. Even in plastics, in the time of tuned bearing, what is being described here neither occurred or would be considered "legal".

I do not have an amazing understanding of physics, so my terminology may be off, but

That sounds like something which would be fixed by the addition of "in theory", no ? Once we actually see what the practical side is, a more accurate description will be added, instead of removing or changing anything. We did something similar for Jade anyway, where the centrifugal rolling of the balls apparently does not work at all.

Something more indicative that the described performance is derived entirely from the anime and is at the very least incredibly impractical would likely be better, as even in theory it doesn't hold water.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - ReiKon02 - Oct. 15, 2012

I havent watched the episode but the gif makes it look like f230 works more like ed145 does in the show where a beyhits it and the impact rolls off because of the free spinning ring around the track but thats just what it looks like to me. I agree that it makes almost no sense and would probably be pretty much impossible for a bey to change spin direction by getting hit by any amount of force.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Ingulit - Oct. 15, 2012

It's incredibly hasty to say F230 is potentially banworthy if it works the way we think and works well. It would likely significanly alter the meta if it's what we are speculating it to be, but we would need to see some testing and tournament results before the topic of banning a part should even be brought up. Otherwise we'll see people who are against the part because they think it's ban worthy without testing it themselves, which already is happening with Dragooon.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - BH145WD - Oct. 15, 2012

Thank you Kai-V for those pictures. I'm definitely gonna get both Turtles because those stone faces look so freaking cute.

Side note: The phoenics.... Killerken should be quite a welcome.

(Oct. 15, 2012  6:57 PM)Ingulit Wrote: It's incredibly hasty to say F230 is potentially banworthy if it works the way we think and works well. It would likely significanly alter the meta if it's what we are speculating it to be, but we would need to see some testing and tournament results before the topic of banning a part should even be brought up. Otherwise we'll see people who are against the part because they think it's ban worthy without testing it themselves, which already is happening with Dragooon.

The suggestion of ban-worthiness was based entirely on the assumption you and others have jumped to (largely because of the same effect you're describing and yourself) - that it will have low enough friction to be worthwhile. In that case, we're already at a point where Defense types are strong enough to render most attack types redundant, and with less-offensively inclined combinations (primarily Anti Attack) that are simply more practical than conventional attack types.
The last thing the game needs is a high grip tip with no survival issues on too tall a height to be practical for attack usage as well. My statement that such a thing would almost certainly be overpowered/ban-worthy in MFB is by no means a new one, I've mentioned it many times before.
If it comes out and has low enough friction to work well, then I honestly feel people SHOULD be in that mindset, anyway, lest we see another Basalt BD145 event occur.

However, I also made very clear that I doubt it will be anywhere near that good, which was the main point of my post.

RE: BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB - Ingulit - Oct. 15, 2012

You just want an Attack meta lol

I kid, I do see your point. I'm thinking that even if it is good, it won't have the stability or weight of traditional stamina and defense tracks, respectively, such that while it would be good (really good), I don't imagine it will be unbeatable. It's too tall for many tips to have good balance on it, and it's probably too light for 130+ height attackers to not have their way with it. Stuff like F230RS would be interesting, though, IF and ONLY IF this track actually does what we're thinking.

Watch it be semi-free-spinning a'la Kreis, lol

I want a meta where attack is worth using, as has always been agreed to be optimal. Anti Attack is a decent substitute but as attack dies off, they're going to see less and less use too.

I honestly feel the metagame is already far past the point where attack is worthwhile, though a couple of candidates for competitive attack combinations still require some testing.

Remember, attack generally performs worse under tournament pressure than it does in testing, because it is difficult to use consistently. It's been discussed before, but all attack results must be scaled down for mislaunches/self-KO's and so on, which is a sacrifice made to ensure the best possible accuracy in testing results. It doesn't have to be E230-good to stop attack, especially with a rubber tip and heavy wheel on it.

RS would likely have too poor balance to be useful if it had bearing-level low friction, RDF is definitely what I would suspect to be the better choice, and I've had no troubles with it on 230 and TH170, so I doubt it will be a huge worry here.

Personally, I suspect it will be ed145/wa130 plastic-on-plastic connected rather than using bearings, though the design certainly could incorporate it, the large size of the entire lower half makes me doubt it will, and I think they would have mentioned bearings very specifically if it had them.