World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. (/Thread-Discuss-your-yu-gi-oh-decks-here)

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - To - Jul. 08, 2009

I never would have pegged Roan as a Yu-Gi-Oh! player.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Jul. 08, 2009

(Jul. 08, 2009  10:02 PM)To Wrote: I never would have pegged Roan as a Yu-Gi-Oh! player.

haha

I used to play years ago but I stopped for a really long time until my friend Bobby recently got me back into the game.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Synesthesia - Jul. 08, 2009

(Jul. 08, 2009  6:23 PM)BlacK PhoeniX Wrote: get the dark emperor its the best 1 out at the mo

This.

It has loads if Anti-Meta cards in it. Hands down one of the best structures released.

(Jul. 08, 2009  9:55 PM)BlacK PhoeniX Wrote: zombies r coming back as ppl r running decks called twilight which use zombies and lightsworns as most can be easy 2get hold of

Zombies were so awesome when Mezuki was at three. I doubt anyone will ever consider Twilight here though. It's WAAYY too expensive.
(Jul. 08, 2009  9:35 PM)Roan Wrote: I'm currently running two decks. One is a Trap Cancel deck (basically renders trap cards useless), and the other is a Trample/Fairy Meteor Crush deck.

Trap Cancel:

Monsters: (20)

- Spirit Reaper
- Obnoxious Celtic Guard
- Pitch-Black Warwolf x 2
- Jinzo x 3
- Skilled Dark Magician
- Insect Knight x 2
- Elemental Hero Wildheart x 2
- The Dark Creator
- Gladiator Beast Andal
- Shiba-Warrior Taro
- Breaker the Magical Warrior
- Penguin Soldier x 2
- Sangan
- Exiled Force

Spells: (15)

- Axe of Despair
- Book of Moon
- Scapegoat
- Monster Reborn
- Shrink x 2 (I'd actually run three books over these)
- United We Stand
- Nobleman of Crossout
- Lightning Vortex x 2
- Heavy Storm
- Rush Recklessly
- Swords of Revealing Light
- Mystical Space Typhoon
- Mage Power

Traps: (5)

- Torrential Tribute
- Magic Cylinder
- Threatening Roar x 3 (or Bottomless Trap Hole)

A few things I would do differently with the Trap deck.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Newt - Jul. 08, 2009

Fun deck

2x jinzo
1x Cyber dragon
3x Decochi the battle chanted locamotive
3x Black salvo
3x Jinzo the returner
3x Cyber valley
1x Sangan
1x Card trooper
2x Armageddon knight
2x Dark grepher

2x pot of Avarice
1x machine duplication
1x heavy storm
1x giant trunade
2x foolish burial
1x brain control
1x reinforcement of the army
1x monster reborn
2x book of moon
1x limiter removal
1x smashing ground

1x mirror force
1x torential tribute
1x crush card virus
3x threatening roar

lots of fun for casual play

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Jul. 09, 2009

(Jul. 08, 2009  11:02 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: A few things I would do differently with the Trap deck.

I wish I had enough cards to make those changes. lol

I only have one Book of Moon and one Shrink, sadly.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Synesthesia - Jul. 09, 2009

(Jul. 08, 2009  11:33 PM)Newt Wrote: lots of fun for casual play

They really need to bring Cyber Dragon back to three. They massacred Machines for whatever reason.

Overload Fusion x1, Chimeratech Overdragon, and Cyber Dragon X3 really would help most Machine decks.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Newt - Jul. 09, 2009

(Jul. 09, 2009  12:14 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: They really need to bring Cyber Dragon back to three. They massacred Machines for whatever reason.

Overload Fusion x1, Chimeratech Overdragon, and Cyber Dragon X3 really would help most Machine decks.

The reason cybers at 1 is because of tuners, syncros and chimera fortress. Its easy enough to drop a cyber then black salvo or any tuner to gain easy acess to a level 8 syncro

machines have always been easy to OTK with. Stein, chimeratech, troop dupe, Valley dimention fusion loop. even now theres still some stupidly broken combos with them.

in my deck if you have DSF out you can summon a jinzo returner fire it with DSF for 600 burn then get jinzo out attack with both for 5000 then fire jinzo for 1200 then DSF for 1400.

Theres another with Honest and victory viper. You summon honest and run it into a realy big monster to spawn a token with a lot of attack usualy for a direct attack.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Synesthesia - Jul. 09, 2009

(Jul. 09, 2009  12:33 PM)Newt Wrote: The reason cybers at 1 is because of tuners, syncros and chimera fortress. Its easy enough to drop a cyber then black salvo or any tuner to gain easy acess to a level 8 syncro

machines have always been easy to OTK with. Stein, chimeratech, troop dupe, Valley dimention fusion loop. even now theres still some stupidly broken combos with them.

in my deck if you have DSF out you can summon a jinzo returner fire it with DSF for 600 burn then get jinzo out attack with both for 5000 then fire jinzo for 1200 then DSF for 1400.

Theres another with Honest and victory viper. You summon honest and run it into a realy big monster to spawn a token with a lot of attack usualy for a direct attack.
Yeah I didn't take into account the Tuners when thinking about Cyber Dragon.

Lately, decks seem more Theme orientated. Blackwings, Lightsworn, Gladiator Beasts, and a myriad of Tier 2 decks. They probably need to start releasing theme focused cards for machines that aren't stupidly broken like Chimeratech.

How consistently can you get off the DSF combo?

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - BlacK PhoeniX - Jul. 09, 2009

uve got the morphatronics and power tool dragon out which r more swarming machines nad as more set r released they will get added support, also currently most twilight decks r expencive in the uk they r being built 4 £500+

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Newt - Jul. 11, 2009

not realy £500+...........

most usefull LS cards are faily cheap. solar recharge lumina wulf ect. and the zombie sides pretty cheap after goblinzombie got reprinted.

i played against a very good one that a welsh guy played at nats went 7-0 on day 1.
it didnt have judgement dragon in aswell. it simply just abused the milling and drawing of ligtsworn and the rescursion and swarming of zombies.

as for the DSF combo its situational. but grepher is the real kicker in that deck. example my opponent opens up summons stratos searches malicious sets 1 backrow and ends.

i open up gepher jinzo black salvo deckochi threatning roar book of moon. SP summon grepher discarding jinzo. use grephers effect discarding deckochi to send jinzo returner to the grave. jinzo gets SP summoned. normal summon black salvo SP summon decochi. sync into Dark strike fighter.

Attack with dark strike fighter over stratos for 800 (7200)
attack with jinzo direct 2400 (4800)
attack with grepher for 1700 (3100)
Dark strikes efect on grepher 800 (2300)
dark strikes effect on jinzo 1200 (1100)
dark strikes effect on itself 1400 (game)

funny thing was his backrow was mirror force xD

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Aikemi - Jul. 11, 2009

Er, added 1 Noisy Gnat to my deck. It is definitely a good card for tuning.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Commie - Jul. 11, 2009

Blah I was about to post my deck with 3 PMDs and all, but this thread just reminded me of my deck getting stolen.
I think I might post my throw together deck from cards my friend wasn't using that he gave me.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - LAITON - Jul. 11, 2009

(Jul. 08, 2009  3:44 AM)fragbait Wrote: I have no idea what you are going for here. Care to share your general strat?

I just want to show my deck lol

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Synesthesia - Jul. 11, 2009

(Jul. 11, 2009  1:00 AM)Newt Wrote: Attack with dark strike fighter over stratos for 800 (7200)
attack with jinzo direct 2400 (4800)
attack with grepher for 1700 (3100)
Dark strikes efect on grepher 800 (2300)
dark strikes effect on jinzo 1200 (1100)
dark strikes effect on itself 1400 (game)

funny thing was his backrow was mirror force xD

This rules.

Really wish Skill Drain DaD could still compete, but the above combos are exactly why it can't. It just isn't fast enough.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Synesthesia - Jul. 13, 2009

This seems to do pretty well as a control deck:

Monster: 17
Gorz The Emissary of Darkness
Dark Armed Dragon
Destiny Hero - Malicious x2

Elemental Hero - Stratos
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
Krebons x2 (might remove one for Plaguespreader Zombie if I ever get one, or Gale.)
Summoner Monk
Rose Warrior of Revenge x2
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Destiny Hero - Defender x2
Spirit Reaper
Sangan

Spells: 15
Gold Sarcophagus
Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Reinforcement of the Army
Emergency Teleport (see Krebons)
Brain Control
Allure of Darkness x2
Destiny Draw x2
Mind Control x2
Book of Moon x2 (Questionable since Bottomless is an option, but I opt to side them)

Traps: 8
Solemn Judgment x3
Torrential Tribute
Mirror Force
Skill Drain x2
Trap Dustshoot (If I was actually a competitive player, I'd insert Crush card here)

Total: 40

Extra deck is standard. Stardust Dragon, Goyo Guardian, Dark Strike Fighter, etc.

Guess this qualifies as a Dark Skill Syncro deck. It's meant to deal game ending damage over a series of turns, take away options, and if need be, cut off monster effects to further simplify the game.

Has a pretty standard match-up against Lightsworns. If you don't draw really well you get ran over if they draw some of their typical mill/search/draw/swarm stuff. Haven't tried it against Syncro Cat.

Blackwings are a toss up. They have answers to everything you have, and you have to play at a slightly faster pace to deal with them. Normally Solemns, Thunder King, and Book of Moons will shut them down long enough for you to set up a game ending blow, but outside of that they can run you over if they draw right.

I took out a lot of the typical Dark Skill shenanigans like Cyber Valley and Mystic Tomato, for a slightly more aggressive approach with Thunder Kings. Mind Control is pretty standard for simultaneously opening up the field, and Syncro summoning. Everything else is pretty much protection, and stuff that's meant to get me to my key cards faster.

Also, Book of Moon kind of rules since it stops Lightsworn Mill, and Black Whirlwind searches.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - BlacK PhoeniX - Jul. 13, 2009

lol if u were competitive lol even without CCV ur deck is tornement worthy if not tornement winning quality

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Synesthesia - Jul. 13, 2009

(Jul. 13, 2009  2:49 PM)BlacK PhoeniX Wrote: lol if u were competitive lol even without CCV ur deck is tornement worthy if not tornement winning quality

Hah, thanks.

I don't know, it can fight really hard, but you can't do much of anything against Lightsworn, Blackwings, or Syncro Cat if they draw a combo of hands. They just wreck face, and can recover from mistakes.

You can't make mistakes with this deck. You have to play it perfectly, and make really good decisions.

Crush would be the icing on the cake here. Trap Dustshoot in the opening hand with solemn, and whatever else usually is game as is; seeing your opponents hand and sending a monster away is absolutely huge here. With Crush, you see your opponents hand, take away all the big threats, clear their field, wreck any sort of surprise element for the next couple turns, and to top it all off, it's amazing late game.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Newt - Jul. 13, 2009

Personaly i would change the following things.

- spirit reaper +1 thunder king
spirit reaper doesnt work with an active skill drain and when it works its glad food. defender holds up your field way better

-2 krebons +1 rose warrior +1 PSZ
krebons doesnt realy work with skill drain out and your focus should be to get level 8 syncros out with 2x level 4s as you can rely only sp summon malicious once or if your unlucky not at all. psz should be your number one choice for a lvl 2 syncro.

-teleport for + 1 skill drain. 3 skill drain realy is needed it helps slow dont the decks that currentlu outpace you

id also possibly say -1 mst +1 giant trunade
removes your skilldrain and lets you use some effects that you might have been stalling for black rose, DSF, DAD ect

theres a few other things i could add but im a bit short on time atm.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Synesthesia - Jul. 14, 2009

(Jul. 13, 2009  4:56 PM)Newt Wrote: Personaly i would change the following things.

- spirit reaper +1 thunder king
spirit reaper doesnt work with an active skill drain and when it works its glad food. defender holds up your field way better

-2 krebons +1 rose warrior +1 PSZ
krebons doesnt realy work with skill drain out and your focus should be to get level 8 syncros out with 2x level 4s as you can rely only sp summon malicious once or if your unlucky not at all. psz should be your number one choice for a lvl 2 syncro.

-teleport for + 1 skill drain. 3 skill drain realy is needed it helps slow dont the decks that currentlu outpace you

id also possibly say -1 mst +1 giant trunade
removes your skilldrain and lets you use some effects that you might have been stalling for black rose, DSF, DAD ect

theres a few other things i could add but im a bit short on time atm.

I definitely agree on removing Reaper, Krebons, and Teleport. They add too much inconsistency to the deck. I was wondering if a third Thunder King would be a good idea, and I'll probably add it; Same for Rose Warrior.

The only thing I'm really not sure about is the Third Skill and removal of MST. There's points where I don't always want Drain active, ontop of that, they can be dead draws. Two copies with Allure and Destiny Draw should be enough to get one in my hand fairly often should I need it don't you think?

I understand the idea of Trunade over MST, but that's kind of a big trade off. I'll try it though.

What do you think of teching a Chaos Sorceror to take advantage of the Thunder King x3, and the large amount of darks?

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - BlacK PhoeniX - Jul. 14, 2009

yeah chaos sorceror sounds like a good idea his effect is good also i would keep mst but thats me

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Newt - Jul. 17, 2009

you need at least 5 lights to make sorcerer playable and it doesnt realy work well when your maining drain.

if you want other options i could reccomend

trap eater (destroy your drain sp summon a lvl 4 beatstick tuner)
d hero fear monger (for malicious or defender and tuning)
trap stun ( turns off skilldrain for a turn)
mystic tomato

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Aikemi - Jul. 17, 2009

Will be making a blackwing deck soon. Depending on what is cheaper, I may buy singles, or buy a deck off of ebay.

Just noticed that scapegoat is a pretty good card for tuning.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - BlacK PhoeniX - Jul. 17, 2009

id wait a bit longer if ur making a blackwing deck, ive made 1 and its not overly cheap but not 2 expancive either but saying that u will want 2 wait til anient prof comes out as there is more blackwings coming out in that that will improve it so much more

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Aikemi - Jul. 18, 2009

But then the prize of blackwings will go up, which is why I am trying to buy a deck asap. Plus It would be a lot easier to follow the blackwing series, rather than going everywhere for cards.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - KING - Jul. 18, 2009

Back when i was really into yugioh cards i used a neo-spacian deck and a Dragon beat down deck