World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. (/Thread-Discuss-your-yu-gi-oh-decks-here)

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Oct. 05, 2010

I've noticed since playing Infernity post-September that the deck has to go on the defensive much more than it used to, so last night I decided to try out a Spirit Reaper and a Swords of Revealing Light as tech cards to sort of "stall" other decks until I can get my graveyard set up and my combo ready to go off. I play tested it against my own Blackwing and Gladiator Beast decks and it was doing surprisingly well (Spirit Reaper to a lesser extent versus GBs, but that's to be expected).

So I decided to try the deck out today at my locals and I ended up splitting for first. I played against the following:

Round 1: Machina Gadgets (Won 2-0)
Round 2: Quickdraw (Lost 2-0)
Round 3: Disaster Dragon (Won 2-0)
First Round Top 4: X-Sabers (Won 2-1)
Final Round: Quickdraw (Split)

I suppose the reason I'm posting this is because I'm wondering what you all think of the idea of teching "stall" cards. Sure, both Spirit Reaper and Swords are relatively easy to play around for the opponent, but they present little "road blocks" that can buy you enough time to get your combo and win. Also, removing Spirit Reaper from play to copy its effect with Hundred Eyes Dragon, swinging for 3000 damage and making them discard a card is great. haha

Here's the deck list (with Side and Extra) I used for anyone who's interested:

Monsters: (15)

3 Archfiend
3 Necromancer
2 Mirage
2 Avenger
1 Dark Grepher
1 Armageddon Knight
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
1 Spirit Reaper
1 Stygian Street Patrol

Magic: (11)

1 Launcher
1 Giant Trunade
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
3 Book of Moon
2 Gold Sarcophagus
1 Foolish Burial
1 Swords of Revealing Light

Traps: (14)

3 Infernity Barrier
3 Infernity Inferno
2 Trap Stun
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Call Of The Haunted
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force

Side Deck:

2 Cyber Dragon
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
3 Forbidden Chalice
2 Gottoms' Emergency Call
3 Dragon Capture Jar (There's quite a few Dragon players at this locals, and they tend to wreck me when I play Infernity, so I dedicated a lot of space for this haha)
2 Pulling the Rug
1 Mind Crush (I know it's typically bad in Infernity, but I decided to side it anyway because I was playing somewhat of a slower paced deck and figured it would be easier to use, not to mention the vast uses it has via Faultroll, Machina Fortress, REDMD, etc.)

Extra Deck:

1 Armory Arm
1 Catastor
1 Magical Android
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Brionac
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter
2 Infernity Doom Dragon
3 Hundred Eyes Dragon
1 Mist Wurm

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - BlankShot - Oct. 06, 2010

Personally I'd run Marshmallon over Spirit Reaper as it's less fragile and can make pushing for game easier with its 1k burn damage.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Oct. 06, 2010

(Oct. 06, 2010  5:51 PM)BlankShot Wrote: Personally I'd run Marshmallon over Spirit Reaper as it's less fragile and can make pushing for game easier with its 1k burn damage.

I considered this as well, but the fact that it isn't a Dark and therefore conflicts with Dark Grepher, etc. made me decide against it.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - kingsnackboy - Oct. 13, 2010

hey if anyone has and xbox and the xbox web camera i found a way to duel other ppl i made a thread. if anyone is intrested pm me or go to the thread!

(Jun. 25, 2009  1:26 AM)Th3Jok3r Wrote: Monsters(24)
Red-Eyes B. Chick
Red Eyes B. Dragon
Elemental Hero Sparkman
Cocoon of Evolution
Hiro's Shadow Scout
Element Soldier
Battle Ox
The All-Seeing White Tiger
Monster Egg
Man-Eater Bug
Celtic Guardian
Dream Clown
Doma the Angel of Silence
Burning Beast
Aqua Madoor
Watapon
Horus' Servant
Howling Insect
Hane-Hane
Spirit of Flames
Dimension Jar
Gradius's Option
Dark mimic LV1
Muka Muka

Spell's and Trap's(38)
Black Pendant x2
Burst Breath
Bad Reaction to Simochi x2
Gust
Black Illusion Ritual
Fissure
Thunder of Ruler
Ultimate Offering
Castle Walls
Array of Revealing Light
Dian Keto the Cure Master
Toon World
Gather Your Mind
Trap Hole
The Puppet Magic of Dark Ruler
Poison of the Old man
Remove Trap
Dark Hole
Ninjitsu Art of Decoy
Enervating Mist
Rush Recklessly
Infinite Dimissal
Enchanted Javelin
Mystical Space Typhoon
Ring of Magnetism
Huge Revolution
De-Spell
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension
Major Riot
Level Up!
Heavy Slump
Bubble Crash
Majic Jammer
Soul Release
Monster Reborn
Limiter Removal
is that better?

when i saw this deck it made me cry!!! what where you thinking cards in your deck dont even remotely go together in any type of combo!! good GOD you need help building a deck!!!!

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Elmo - Oct. 13, 2010

(Oct. 13, 2010  5:02 AM)kingsnackboy Wrote: when i saw this deck it made me cry!!! what where you thinking cards in your deck dont even remotely go together in any type of combo!! good GOD you need help building a deck!!!!

So instead of posting informative criticism you have made stupidly pointless comments. For some reason I think you're worse off than he is.

(Oct. 13, 2010  5:05 AM)Elmo Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2010  5:02 AM)kingsnackboy Wrote: when i saw this deck it made me cry!!! what where you thinking cards in your deck dont even remotely go together in any type of combo!! good GOD you need help building a deck!!!!

So instead of posting informative criticism you have made stupidly pointless comments. For some reason I think you're worse off than he is.

how do you think that im worst off than he is! his decks runs to slow because of the lack of searching cards and the shear size of it. the effects are all over the place and that effects his combo system for example he has horus' servent and no horus monsters and he has toon world with no toons and he has the card level up and he has no type of "lvl" monsters! ok i could see how my last post could for been taken badly but even most new players kno how to make a ok deck with the right cards and with effects that balances out, but dont even make the argument that im worst off then he is!!!

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Pimpju - Oct. 13, 2010

More than that, that post is over a year old.

(Oct. 13, 2010  10:45 AM)momiji manju Wrote: More than that, that post is over a year old.

i kno that but i wasnt looking at if the cards where forrbiden or not ! i gave him the benifit of the doupt thta he plays with friends not in torns. so i was pointing out the ovious flaws in the deck cuz i understand this is a fun deck but even if its a fun deck it should follow some type of order!

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Pimpju - Oct. 13, 2010

again... you were replying to a post made over a year ago..

I doubt that person uses remotely the same deck.

(Oct. 13, 2010  10:59 PM)momiji manju Wrote: again... you were replying to a post made over a year ago..

I doubt that person uses remotely the same deck.

lol ok ok you got me and i hope that person uses a better deck

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Gearfried97 - Oct. 14, 2010

hey-o! Im back! and im here to give you an update on my Gemini deck! its been upgraded!

Monsters: 15
Phoenix Gearfried
Evocator Chevalier (call him Evocator Knight instead)
Dark Valkyria
Gemini Lancer
Future Samurai x2
Blazewing Butterfly x2
Gemini Summoner
Woodland Archer
Marauding Captain
Exiled Force
Featherizer
Spell Striker
Gemini Soldier

Spells: 16
Hidden Armory
Reinforcement of The Army
Fairy of the Spring
Dark Factory of Mass Production
Double Summon
Swing of Memories
Supervise
Divine Sword-Phoenix Blade
Symbols of Duty
Ekibyo Drakmord
Premature Burial
Big Bang Shot
Unleash Your Power!
Super Double Summon
Mystical Space Typhoon
Hurculean Power
Card of Safe Return

Traps: 9
Gemini Booster
Gemini Trap Hole
Sakuretsu Armor
Kunai with Chain
Justi-Break
Birthright
Soul Resurrection
Gemini Counter
Dark Bribe

any constructive criticism/ helpful ideas to help me make my deck better would be appreciated :D

also a quick question: if, lets say that a certain card(s) were severly worn/ bent, would that count as having them marked in a tournament?

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - kingsnackboy - Oct. 14, 2010

(Oct. 14, 2010  1:44 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote: hey-o! Im back! and im here to give you an update on my Gemini deck! its been upgraded!

Phoenix Gearfried
Dark Valkyria
Gemini Lancer
Future Samurai x2
Blazewing Butterfly x2
Gemini Summoner
Woodland Archer
Marauding Captain
Exiled Force
Featherizer
Spell Striker
Gemini Soldier

Hidden Armory
Fairy of the Spring
Double Summon
Swing of Memories
Supervise
Symbols of Duty
Ekibyo Drakmord
Premature Burial
Big Bang Shot
Unleash Your Power!
Super Double Summon
Mystical Space Typhoon
Hurculean Power
Card of Safe Return

Gemini Booster
Gemini Trap Hole
Sakuretsu Armor
Kunai with Chain
Justi-Break
Birthright
Soul Resurrection
Gemini Counter
Dark Bribe

any constructive criticism/ helpful ideas to help me make my deck better would be appreciated Grin

also a quick question: if, lets say that a certain card(s) were severly worn/ bent, would that count as having them marked in a tournament?

cool deck many people run this deck and the people that i dueled rum more than one Phoenix Gearfried and Evocator Chevalier. and people made this type of deck in to a STD deck (synchro tuner deck) and it runs great! and about ur question about the cards being marked it can go both ways. people that go to tourns. put cards sleeves on so that wouldnt be a issue but some dueliest only call them "marked cards" when there getting beat bad! to keep that from happening to you try to get some card sleeves!

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Gearfried97 - Oct. 14, 2010

(Oct. 14, 2010  2:16 AM)kingsnackboy Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2010  1:44 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote: hey-o! Im back! and im here to give you an update on my Gemini deck! its been upgraded!

Phoenix Gearfried
Dark Valkyria
Gemini Lancer
Future Samurai x2
Blazewing Butterfly x2
Gemini Summoner
Woodland Archer
Marauding Captain
Exiled Force
Featherizer
Spell Striker
Gemini Soldier

Hidden Armory
Fairy of the Spring
Double Summon
Swing of Memories
Supervise
Symbols of Duty
Ekibyo Drakmord
Premature Burial
Big Bang Shot
Unleash Your Power!
Super Double Summon
Mystical Space Typhoon
Hurculean Power
Card of Safe Return

Gemini Booster
Gemini Trap Hole
Sakuretsu Armor
Kunai with Chain
Justi-Break
Birthright
Soul Resurrection
Gemini Counter
Dark Bribe

any constructive criticism/ helpful ideas to help me make my deck better would be appreciated :D

cool deck many people run this deck and the people that i dueled rum more than one Phoenix Gearfried and Evocator Chevalier. and people made this type of deck in to a STD deck (synchro tuner deck) and it runs great! and about ur question about the cards being marked it can go both ways. people that go to tourns. put cards sleeves on so that wouldnt be a issue but some dueliest only call them "marked cards" when there getting beat bad! to keep that from happening to you try to get some card sleeves!

hey dude thanks for the tips! also, I dont really like card sleeves because i cant shuffle my deck when they are on :O

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Oct. 15, 2010

I'm taking a Lightsworn build to regionals this Saturday.

I'm a little nervous about its ability to win in a setting like that, but I think the deck has favorable match ups against a lot of meta decks; enough so that I think I might actually be able to do well with it.

I'll probably write up a blog post about it after it's over. I'll let you know how I do.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Pimpju - Oct. 15, 2010

Good luck. Keep up the posts! I'm not an experienced Yugioh player so I don't post often here, but I do regularly read your blog.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Oct. 15, 2010

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that at least someone's reading it, but that also makes me feel kind of guilty that I haven't been writing more substantial posts...

Well, that's been rectified! I just wrote a pretty lengthy deck analysis on Lightsworn. Check it out: http://roansproygo.blogspot.com/2010/10/lightsworn-and-bucking-trends.html

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Elmo - Oct. 16, 2010

Yeah I have hardly any time to play and therefore have nothing to write about, so I find it informative to read a lot of blogs (especially OCG blogs) and keep updated on Pojo (although the user base there is terrible).

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Oct. 18, 2010

Well... Detroit Regionals was a complete bust for me.

I took Lightsworn/Twilight to locals on Friday night and completely wrecked with them. I went 6-1 to split for top 4 out of 40-some odd players.

Saturday at Regionals, however, was another story entirely... I knew from my very first match that I was more or less screwed, as I got paired up against GBs which are obviously my absolute worst match. Of course, I lost miserably 2-0 as he sided in Dimensional Fissures game 2. Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse I went into round 2 and played in a MIRROR MATCH. I at least won one of the games in that round, but still lost the match overall. Funnily enough it turned out to be more of a mirror match than I thought. After the game was over I asked to see his deck to compare and his deck was literally EXACTLY the same as mine -- card for card. I was like wow, that's ridiculous.

Anyway, I knew after going X-2 after round 2 there was no way in hell that I was going to make top 24 and get a Nats invite so I dropped. Oh well, I paid for my entry with store credit from winning the night before and pulled a Fabled Raven out of my 5 packs, so at least I made some kind of profit off of it! haha

Today I went to locals at a different place and I ended up splitting for first with my friend Ray using a slightly modified version of my Lightsworn. I 2-0'd two different X-Saber decks, which definitely made me feel validated in my tech and deck choices. I only pulled a Mega Hamster out of my winning packs though, which sucked, but oh well. I traded my Infernity deck for a full Quickdraw with synchros and I got a bunch of Fabled trades as well so I'm probably going to start putting that deck together. I can't wait for the rest of the support. Fabled is going to be completely broken.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Stratus G. - Oct. 18, 2010

(Oct. 14, 2010  12:45 PM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote:

Random Mess Deck with a Banned Card

any constructive criticism/ helpful ideas to help me make my deck better would be appreciated Grin

hey dude thanks for the tips! also, I dont really like card sleeves because i cant shuffle my deck when they are on Gasp

Notes on Bolded
1:Card of Safe Return is Banned
2: P.Gearfried is not in a proper Gemini Deck. He's way to slow..
3:Get proper Card sleeves

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Gearfried97 - Oct. 18, 2010

(Oct. 18, 2010  5:56 AM)Stratus G. Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2010  12:45 PM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote:

Random Mess Deck with a Banned Card

hey dude thanks for the tips! also, I dont really like card sleeves because i cant shuffle my deck when they are on :O

Notes on Bolded
1:Card of Safe Return is Banned
2: P.Gearfried is not in a proper Gemini Deck. He's way to slow..
3:Get proper Card sleeves

>:(
1. I know the card is banned, I only play casually with my friends, I was only asking just in case i decided I wanted to, in which case I would take the card out and replace it
2. Its not a mess deck, its a gemini deck based of the structure deck. I would appreciate it if you didnt call my deck a mess. Also, i hate it when people tell me my decks not "proper". I dont care if my deck doesnt fit any bill, I like it the way it is.
3. What do you mean proper card sleeves? cause even those ones with the yugioh thingy on it, i still cant shuffle it

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Priscient - Oct. 19, 2010

Ugh, I died at dueling grounds.

Played with my Machina gadgets, and went 1-3.
I won against metamorphitrons (or whatever their name is) and lost against hopeless dragon,faries,and blackwings.

I made some pretty good trades though, so I guess I'm okay.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Elmo - Oct. 22, 2010

I'm quite happy that Formula Synchron is just a Rare. I'm going to focus on Flamvell once Starstrike Blast is released, since it's so easy to Summon Shooting Star Dragon with it.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Oct. 22, 2010

I'm not sure how I feel about Formula Synchron being a rare...

On the one hand I'm glad Konami didn't up-rare it like they traditionally do, but on the other hand that card as a Rare is going to be EVERYWHERE, and that scares me.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Crimson Aquario - Oct. 23, 2010

I have an Infernity Deck. I like Infernity's alot, and they are quite useful. For example:
Cards in hand: Two traps, Infernity necromancer.
Summons Necromancer and plays the trap cards face down.
Activates Necromancers effect, Summons Infernity Doom Dragon, and Infernity beast.
Activates Doom Dragons Effect, Destroy a Stardust Dragon, opponent takes half of Stardust's attk as life point damage.
Next turn activate Necromancers effect and Summons Infernity Avenger (Tuner)
Synchro Necromancer, avenger, and beast for Black Rose Dragon.
Destroys the field with black rose
Next turn summons Infernity mirage
Activate effect and Summon two Necromancers from grave
Activate Necromancers Effects to Summon Beast and Doom Dragon

See how useful that is?Tongue_out_wink