World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. (/Thread-Discuss-your-yu-gi-oh-decks-here)

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Sep. 29, 2010

(Sep. 29, 2010  10:59 AM)FierceDragon45 Wrote: Thanks, Roan.
I think I'll revise my deck again.

How about a Thousand-Eyes Restrict centered deck?
Tips?

... Thousand-Eyes Restrict is also banned.

Maybe you should take a look at the current ban list before you make another deck. Wink

shadobladeZz - More or less the same thing I said about FierceDragon45's deck applies to you as well. There's no real strategy or any tactical ideas gluing the deck together; it just seems like a bunch of random cards thrown together.

You guys are (reluctantly) inspiring me to write some basic deck building articles on my blog.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - X2 Radiance - Sep. 29, 2010

Fifth Gadget played 45 cards, and enjoyed success in Japan during the formats it existed in. Ports of Fifth Gadget have succeeded in the TCG, with the best example being '07 Canadian National Champion Dexter Dalit's winning list.
Quote:3 Banisher of the Radiance
3 Cyber Dragon
2 Drillroid
3 Green Gadget
3 Red Gadget
3 Snipe Hunter
3 Yellow Gadget

3 Enemy Controller
3 Fissure
1 Future Fusion
1 Heavy Storm
1 Limiter Removal
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Nobleman of Crossout
1 Overload Fusion
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Premature Burial
3 Shrink
3 Smashing Ground
1 Snatch Steal

3 Royal Decree
While this specific example is undoubtedly irrelevant to today's Advanced format, we can take from it the principle of increasing deck size with the intention of maintaining certain percentages. The deck wanted to play 9 Gadgets in order to max out on its card advantage engine, but doing so at 40 cards would run the risk of opening hands with multiple gadgets. Increasing the deck count to 45 would theoretically allow it to draw similar hands to a 40 card deck running 6 gadgets, while instead being able to run the full 9.

A more contemporary example of decks playing over 40 cards would be pure Lightsworn variants, dating back to '08, but for completely different reasons.

In short, there are reasons to play over 40 cards per deck. If you want to do so, then you'd better be able to support your reasoning with math, and/or with consistent tournament results.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - shadobladeZz - Sep. 30, 2010

well iam working on it i'm new to yugioh so i don't really know wat works well

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - HEAVYARMS - Sep. 30, 2010

X2 Radiance, I have the sneaking suspicion that you copy and pasted that ENTIRE post.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - X2 Radiance - Sep. 30, 2010

I copy-pasted the decklist (it's in quotes for that reason), but that's about it.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Hayabusa - Sep. 30, 2010

i dont want my cards. here check out some of them if you want on my yoyonation topic
http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,85837.0.html

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - shadobladeZz - Sep. 30, 2010

yeah anyone has tips or any thing that might help i know think if i should make a blackwing or xx saber or genex deck any tips?

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Elmo - Sep. 30, 2010

(Sep. 29, 2010  8:43 PM)X2 Radiance Wrote: ...important stuff people need to know...

I definitely agree with you. Usually, upping the card count to around 42 technically won't hurt too much, since the probabilities of drawing certain cards only decreases by a minute amount. Fifth Gadgets and decks with high monster counts and mills like Lightsworn would benefit from having more than 40 cards. I like to think that GB can run more than 40 cards as well, since they're a pretty consistent deck (aside from the all-monster hands...). Yugioh, being a card game, is all about probability and percentages. Sure some decks can run more than 40 cards, but most of the time it is optimal to have only 40.

I looked at your profile and you say you're from the Toronto area. That's pretty cool. There are a lot of well-known players that come from Toronto, namely the Bellidos and their team. I suspect you go to Card-Masters as well?

Correct, I do live very close to Card Masters and do stop by from time to time during the week. I'm not much of a local player there anymore (I dislike the attitude of most CM players), but I do play locals elsewhere, and still attend most regionals. Yes, the skill density in Toronto is pretty ridiculous.

I did run 42 cards in my GB deck at YCS Toronto, but I regretted it. I think that it's all a matter of preference when it comes to 40-42. Do you have cards that you desperately need that will push you over 40? I think it's okay to play 41-42 if you can't afford to cut anything, and the extra cards serve similar functions to cards you already run (although it can be argued that this is reason in itself not to run the cards in the first place...). I found that in GBs, I always wanted to open with a chariot. Playing over 40 would slightly distance me from that. I also found that with the large amount of backrow sets this format, I always wanted to draw 2 GBs in order to have one as insurance after the first one eats a BTH, Warning, or Prison. Cutting down to 40 did all of this for me, and I don't think I'm going to go over that number.

For reference, this is what I have been playing post-YCS Toronto:

3 Test Tiger
2 Cyber Dragon
2 Gladiator Beast Laquari
2 Gladiator Beast Equeste
2 Gladiator Beast Darius
2 Elemental Hero Prisma
1 Gladiator Beast Murmillo
1 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
1 Gladiator Beast Retiari
1 Gladiator Beast Secutor
1 Gladiator Beast Hoplomus

3 Book of Moon
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Cold Wave
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn

3 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Solemn Warning
2 Trap Stun
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute

The changes from my x-3 decklist were -1 Stratos, -1 Rota, -1 Cyber Dragon, +1 Hoplomus.

It has been testing very well, and scored my friend (X2 Blackzero here) a top 4 at a regional I could not attend. Post-YCS San Jose and Bochum, I have been considering maxing on Trap Stun and Warning for the 2 MSTs.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Terra Blazer - Sep. 30, 2010

I wish I could find Gladiator beasts,Blackwings and Earthbound Immortals.those seem like awesome cards. I know that Immortals are awesome but I wanna know about Gladiator beasts and Blackwings

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Elmo - Sep. 30, 2010

(Sep. 30, 2010  2:28 AM)X2 Radiance Wrote: 2 Gladiator Beast Prisma lol

considering maxing on Trap Stun and Warning for the 2 MSTs.

That's a pretty good idea, considering how MST is kind of underpowered this format. A lot of people have taken MST out of their builds. I'm testing Shrink (as I don't have access to Warning and I'm maxed out on Trap Stun), and it's actually quite useful so far, since S/T removal is very rare. I currently only have 2 Chariots, since it can be a dead set against certain match ups and a lot of players will Trap Stun/Cold Wave before going for a big monster push anyway. Veiler would be more useful in that situation, but sadly I do not have it...

Sorry lol, will edit. Chariot's very good on the offensive against set hamsters/rykos/etc.

The only thing that is keeping me away from cutting MST is how it shines in open gamestates. It punishes players who draw poorly faster than Trap Stun can, and it allows you to quickly and easily gain control when the fields are simplified. Unfortunately, the early game is really important this format, and profitably simplifying the field is so much harder with so many backrow sets. Being able to answer Icarus Attack and Delta Crow-Anti Reverse is also just too important as those cards are gamebreaking against us.

I was contemplating maindecked veilers, but really don't like how you have to actually have an answer on the following turn in order for it to actually be useful. Ex. They Judgment Dragon, you have the veiler. On your turn, you are forced to have a Tiger play, or you lose. I'm still thinking about them, though, and I sideboard them for matchups where they really break the game open, such as the mirror.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Hayabusa - Sep. 30, 2010

sorry new link http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,85837.0.html

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Sep. 30, 2010

I stopped playing MST altogether a few weeks ago. Blackwings are my main deck now, and I've found that between 2 Delta Crow and 3 Icarus Attack, MST really just isn't worth the space whatsoever. I do side it for pesky continuous cards like Royal Decree, but overall the card is just kind of bad this format.

In my opinion, why would you bother trying to blindly hit one spell or trap (when typically the opponent has 3-4 set at any given time), especially because chances are likely that it's chainable? I think it's a better idea this format to load up on monster removal and destruction, because without monsters the meta decks this format literally cannot win. The OCG players picked up on this idea very quickly after the ban list took effect, and I'm really rather disappointed to see that the concept hasn't spread.

As I said easlier, the strength of MST is when it isn't blind- after the big board simplification plays have been made, MST quickly opens up the field to force your important plays through ex. Any Tiger play in GB, a Shura hit in BW. Also note that Trap Stun does not dodge Book of Moon, which sees play in triplicates. People are catching on. Spain's Rodrigo Togores played an Enemy Controller in addition to his set of Books at YCS Bochum because he foresaw a large amount of Trap Stuns in the field.

MST's power in open board positions is undeniably strong, as we can see that the BW players in the top 16 of both YCS San Jose and Bochum played MST to some extent. In the former event, the BW lists seemed split between 0 and 2 MSTs, while in the latter, every BW list but one played two (the remaining list played one). The results are mixed, and I would say that playtesting is really the only way to determine what works for you.

Blind MSTing is really stupid, and opens you up to -1's in so many situations. I usually hold MST in my hand until the board is simplified.

I have replaced my two maindecked MSTs with a Solemn Warning and a third Trap Stun. I won't deny that it is superior in the shape of the metagame today, but as the format progresses toward Trap Stuns, I wouldn't be surprised to see MST and Quickplay-based removal cards to see an increase in play.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Elmo - Oct. 01, 2010

I really want to try the Fish Synchro deck. It looks so fast... the only thing stopping it from being more competitive is the fact that it relies almost completely on Coelacanth.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - X2 Radiance - Oct. 01, 2010

Yeah, that does look like so much fun.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - BlankShot - Oct. 03, 2010

Waaaaaaaaaaaait a minute. Roan, you're maindecking 2 Delta Crows? How's that workin for you?

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - ShadowsA7X - Oct. 03, 2010

morphtronic otk all the way Smile

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Black_Rose - Oct. 03, 2010

Is everybody else finding this format to be alot slower or is it just me? Yesterday I was playtesting against my friends X Saber and was using Gigaplant OTK and from the get go the game went so slow. I'm not sure it has to do with heavy getting the chop or most deck maining doubles of solem warning and trap stun. Even other games I watched people were playing so conservetivly. My game alone lasted the time of a tournament round.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Elmo - Oct. 04, 2010

So I played this weekend, and I sucked.

I don't want to say too much about it, but I played a lot of Blackwing. I beat them all, due to the sole fact that they were bad players. I then played this Lightsworn deck, and I don't know what happened. I didn't draw into Chariot first game, and both games I was unable to draw into either Prisma or Test Tiger. Playing a card game blows since luck can affect the outcome so much.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Oct. 04, 2010

(Oct. 03, 2010  7:38 AM)BlankShot Wrote: Waaaaaaaaaaaait a minute. Roan, you're maindecking 2 Delta Crows? How's that workin for you?

It's incredible. It's rarely ever dead (all but one of my monsters are Blackwings), and with Kalut to back up the small monsters I play to keep it live it just destroys people, particularly because about 70% of the people I come across either forget about the card or just don't expect it whatsoever until I've gotten it off on them once and then they play super conservatively with their back rows, which obviously doesn't bother me at all.

I pretty seldom get both off in a game, but I'm running 2 so that I see it more often in my opening hands and such.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Priscient - Oct. 04, 2010

Went to locals yesterday, unfortunately, didn't get anything as there was only a first place prize. (The tournament had roughly 8 people.)

I tied for second with a 2-1.
Played against Crystal Beasts, GB's, and Infernity.
won against the Crystal Beasts and GB's, lost against Infernity.
Played with a Machina Gadget + Solidarity build.
Made some trades and got Gorz, Honest,Trap Stun,Cyber Twin Dragon and a Dust Tornado.

Guess i'm going to build a Zombie deck, then a Lightsworn, with the money I'm making.

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Roan - Oct. 05, 2010

I split for 1st again today at locals with Infernity.

I kind of put the deck on the shelf for a while after the ban list hit because the deck couldn't keep up, but on a whim today I decided to play it. It's fun to play, for some reason. lol

RE: Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here. - Headenbr3 - Oct. 05, 2010

One of my Decks that I started using is called Magical Scraptown. Basically I use the power of Scrap Dragon, Magical Hats and Geartown to swarm the field with Ancient Gear Gadjeltron Dragon. I love it so much cause I can use other cards like Wild Tornado and Dark Coffin to mess with the opponent's field!