World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion (/Thread-Super-Smash-Bros-4-General-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - OwnageDerp - Jan. 02, 2015

When I saw that you use Miis, I threw my gamepad to my bed. Have you guys played online? These kids got the craziest names, one kid I was playing was Fartsicle, I named myself ManCarp, and the Nintendo admins went crazy. The carp wasn't to mask a bad word, my name was literally ManCarp. Also, I just realized that I hate almost every female character in the game. Palutena and Lucina are exceptions, they're pretty fun to play as, like Pac Man.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - Kei - Jan. 02, 2015

I played against two players a while ago and their names were "GETREKT" and "SCRUB" or something like that. Speechless

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - LeonTempest - Jan. 03, 2015

Finally I have a Wii U. I can never imagine myself going back to the 3DS version.

For Glory is the most humiliating/humbling/satisfying competitive game mode of any game I have played in a while. The character roster has never felt more balanced(minus diddy kong being OP, and donkey kong being trash), the game looks beautiful, and unlike other competitive games, I can just take a second and have fun with it should I choose too.

I am currently playing a lot of Ike, Robin and Lucario in the competative scene. Marth, Lucina, Greninja, Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, Mario, Cptn Falcon are some others I enjoy playing as well.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - OwnageDerp - Jan. 03, 2015

I actually pwned a person in Japan playing as Ike. With Yoshi. And I had a headset on, so I started blasting loud music at the mic. I'm in desperation to online battle someone I know. My name is the same as here. (My NNID)

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - Akarui kokoro - Jan. 03, 2015

"For Glory" Is Amazing! "For Fun" Is Good Too, But I Hate How People Who Actually Have Skill Choose To Play "For Fun" I Mean, It's Their Choice But I Think People Like That Should Be Fighting For Glory, & For Fun Should Be For Beginners.. Too Bad They Don't Rank Us.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - OwnageDerp - Jan. 11, 2015

I just tried "For Glory" 1v1 mode, and I went 2 for 2. I did 4 very intense battles against a Japanese kid, and wow I'm surprised I even won at all. And some taunts are weird. I thought I've seen enough with Game and Watches Down taunt, but this one topped it. It's the Palutena L/R taunt. I'm pretty sure Nintendo will make a patch to remove it, but when I found out, I was in the hysterics of laughter. What else could make this more odd? Well, she giggles. You know what, I'm done.
Edit: You realize my current avatar and signature revolve around her? It's a picture of Palutena and a Popsicle, and I like it because it looks like the GTA art, which I love.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - LeonTempest - Jan. 11, 2015

(Jan. 03, 2015  7:27 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I actually pwned a person in Japan playing as Ike. With Yoshi. And I had a headset on, so I started blasting loud music at the mic. I'm in desperation to online battle someone I know. My name is the same as here. (My NNID)

As an Ike main, I can confirm that Yoshi is a pain in the rear for me...he's actually a pain in general....he's not broken or OP, but "annoying" is a choice word.

Anyone have any thoughts on Diddy Kong's current state in the Meta?

Thought 1)

Thought 2)

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - DefStamina88 - Jan. 14, 2015

So I've finally gotten around to playing SSB for 3DS on a regular basis, and I can already say I'm attached to Fox. I love his moveset. Speedy but not too fast, powerful Up+A, Down+A and Side+A attacks. His side+B stops at edges when on the ground, which is great, and his up+B is also pretty strong.

To get myself back up to beating lvl 9's again. I'm cycling through every character and increasing levels. I'm on Lvl 4 now and I have won every 3-stock match without losing a stock except for once (always the perfectly timed Falcon Punch), so I'm looking good. The family's planning on getting another copy so that me and the bro can both play. Once I get the extra copy for myself, I would be willing to play.

EDIT: I have also apparently discovered I can only play Battlefield and Final Destination because i die to the map in some way on the other maps, which completely sucks. That means I can't be competitive at all cause virtually I can't compete at my best on any maps aside from ones with no gimmick.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - OwnageDerp - Jan. 15, 2015

You do know there are Omega stages, right? They make all of the other stages like Final Destination. Hope that helps, in other news: Mewtwo DLC, March 31st, 2015. If you have the 3DS and Wii-U version, which won't be hard for me. I don't know when he'll be available for purchase as DLC only, without needing both versions.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - Wombat - Jan. 15, 2015

(Jan. 11, 2015  2:47 AM)LeonTempest Wrote: As an Ike main, I can confirm that Yoshi is a pain in the rear for me...he's actually a pain in general....he's not broken or OP, but "annoying" is a choice word.

Anyone have any thoughts on Diddy Kong's current state in the Meta?

Thought 1)

I don't think I'm very qualified to discuss this, since I don't follow the SSB meta, but I have taken a liking to Diddy Kong recently. He's fast: when I use him I can usually get in 2-3 hits on an opponent before they have a chance to attack me back, and unlike a lot of the characters I use a lot, he can dunk pretty well. I'm not too keen on his recovery since you have to charge it though. After using him for a while, I tend to prefer Greninja over him. Greninja's about as fast and his air game isn't as strong as Diddy's, but I personally make better use of the counter than I can with the Banana, and I prefer instantaneous recovery over charging it.

But yeah, if I had to pick three characters I lose to consistently, they would be Pikachu, Yoshi, and Wario.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - DefStamina88 - Jan. 15, 2015

OwnageDerp Wrote:You do know there are Omega stages, right?

Actually, no I don't... How do you do that?

Wombat Wrote:I have taken a liking to Diddy Kong recently. He's fast: when I use him I can usually get in 2-3 hits on an opponent before they have a chance to attack me back, and unlike a lot of the characters I use a lot, he can dunk pretty well. I'm not too keen on his recovery since you have to charge it though. After using him for a while, I tend to prefer Greninja over him. Greninja's about as fast and his air game isn't as strong as Diddy's, but I personally make better use of the counter than I can with the Banana, and I prefer instantaneous recovery over charging it.

But yeah, if I had to pick three characters I lose to consistently, they would be Pikachu, Yoshi, and Wario.

Before I get to your discussion of Diddy and Greninja, I can understand Pikachu for his simplicity and pretty powerful smash attack, and Wario's got some powerful attacks alongside another good smash ball, but YOSHI? Can't wrap my head around that. His recovery is something that needs to be trained if you can't hit a second jump recovery, his attacks are not all that strong from what I've experience, I mean yeah, charge+A attacks are not bad, but still, nothing close to Pikachu or Wario.

Now, about Diddy, he should be best character on the list. On an unofficial tier list created my a study-er of the game for version 1.0.3, Rosalina is #1 on the list, with Diddy at #2. Rosalina shouldn't be anywhere near discussion for #1. Diddy should be, but is he SS tier material like Meta Knight in Brawl? No.

Yes, he does have a great recovery provided you practice it well, and his combo-ing isn't the best I've ever seen (it is good, but not warranting a nerf). I haven't noticed much of a significant change from Brawl to 4 for 3ds other than his combo-ing is a bit more powerful.

Now, about Greninja. I think the only thing keeping him at #5 is his floatiness. He's got strong attacks, as well as good recovery, but he is floaty, not like Samus Floaty, but still pretty hindering.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - OwnageDerp - Jan. 16, 2015

About the Omega stages, I think you need to press the X or Y buttons, I'm not very sure. You'll see the Omega roman symbol if done right. Also like the great Mario once said, "Silly Bowser, tiers are for queers!" I don't go by tier lists at all in this game series, it's all about who you're most comfortable with and nothing else. I have a firm belief at that, sorry.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - DefStamina88 - Jan. 16, 2015

Tjanks Ownage...

So, I practiced Greninja some more today, and I can put him as a solid 2nd favorite. Only thing from #1? Recovery. His recovery is great, but because you have to put in both directions for recovery, I am just blurbing and not going anywhere cause i can't get it off in time, which is sad, because I feel my combo-ing is better than Fox, yet if I go flying, I can't recover if I miss my 2nd jump.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - DefStamina88 - Jan. 19, 2015

Oh, and I also posted this in the Network/codes thread, but my friend code for anyone interested in playing is 1392-6968-5318.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - OwnageDerp - Jan. 24, 2015

Straight up hacks on 1v1 mode. I attacked this guy over 45 times and their damage was 0% and they weren't blocking or using the shield or anything. The guy I played against was Blade (ONII-CHAN) I feel like this guy hacked, how the hell could you recover from the bottom to the top as Little Mac? Everyone knows that you have to be 75% up to get a proper recovery, this guy was already going to die, popped up the Up-B and recovered as Little Mac. This pissed me off so hard, I slammed my GC controller to the carpet floor.
Edit: 1400th post... Great, it just had to be a rage post.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - DefStamina88 - Jan. 24, 2015

GG, bro. Can't have a game without a hacker. It's inevitable.

Anyways, I have found to be getting worse with StreetSmash. Controls are a bit wonky, but not that bad, and I'm getting wrecked here. I didn't land a single hit last time and lost for the first time. Dunno. Also, still stuck on Fox, I don't think I have any other character to play now (unless I can recover as Greninja).

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - Stormscorpio1 - Jan. 25, 2015

I love this game I just wish I had the Gamecube controller adapter.

I main: Toon Link, Link, Villager, Zero-suit, Luigi, Greninja, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Lucario.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - OwnageDerp - Jan. 25, 2015

I guess I'll just put up my main list.
Top 10 I guess:
#1 Mr. Game and Watch
#2 Lucina
#3 Palutena
#4 Dr. Mario
#5 Kirby
#6 Roy (unfortunately, not FE Roy)
#7 Shulk
#8 Pit/ Dark Pit (I find no difference.)
Now study the hell out of the move sets and you'll beat me.
Edit: My top 3 are my most used, and I feel extremely awkward playing as 2 female characters. This is what happens when Nintendo takes out Lucas. My Brawl mains were Game and Watch and Lucas, and no one else.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - Titan Tite - Jan. 25, 2015

i have 3ds and the wii u my favorite is the wii u

my favorite characters are toon link,link,ike,marth,fox and mario

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - OwnageDerp - Jan. 29, 2015

Wow is For Glory 1v1 a real piss off for me, I've currently got 131 wins and 307 losses, some are legitimate losses, all the rest are from spammers that I try so hard to kill. About 20 wins are from 9ing people with G&W. Any of you guys have the same issue as me?

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - DefStamina88 - Jan. 29, 2015

Not really. I have had no hackers of any kind yet. just people that are better than me. I did bring a Lucina down to two stocks after being eliminated twice myself, but I got nacked my that surprise counter.

I do mostly play with friends at school though, so I never really get that drama of spammers and/or hackers.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - Neo - Feb. 03, 2015

Anyone wanna brawl on wii u Ver?

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - DaSacredKnee - Feb. 03, 2015

The Rosalina Amiibo has been released!

US: Exclusively at Target at launch.

Canada: The Rosalina amiibo figure will soon be available in limited quantities at the following retailers in Canada: Best Buy, Future Shop, Wal-Mart, EB Games , Toys 'R' Us and Amazon.ca.

Looks like she's going to be hard to find.

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - OwnageDerp - Feb. 04, 2015

Wake me up when Lucina, Pac Man, Game and Watch and Palutena are all out, then I'll rush in and get them instantly. Speaking of which, anyone have an idea of when the other waves are out?

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion - Neo - Feb. 05, 2015

(Feb. 03, 2015  4:59 AM)Neo Wrote: Anyone wanna brawl on wii u Ver?

Nintendo Network ID- NeoZXA