World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[HMS] :: Q&A Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [HMS] :: Q&A Thread (/Thread-HMS-Q-A-Thread)

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jun. 29, 2013

(Jun. 28, 2013  8:21 PM)Time Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2013  4:45 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2013  4:41 PM)Leone19 Wrote: How much is a Strata Dragoon MS worth, in mint condition, with the case? (it's Hasbro)

$5-8?

A New Takara one is just above or less than $10 so it's not valued.

You can get the set of Draciel, Driger and Gaia MS for $14.

where have you seen all three for $14? The cheapest I've seen it is $23

Also, does anyone have any experience with the alternate sea dragon cwd (the free-spinning one)?

It's a horrible CWD, really recoily, poor stamina, etc. Honestly it's pretty surprising just how terrible it manages to be.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - ShinobuXD - Jun. 29, 2013

A few questions-

What is better for (Upper) Attack: Samurai or Circle Upper?

What ARs would be best in survival matchups in these spin directions:

Left vs Left

Right vs Right

Right vs Left, if I'm in right

Left vs Right, if I'm in left

Also, what Bit Protector do you guys think would look best with Wolborg MS besides its own?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Tri - Jun. 29, 2013

(Jun. 28, 2013  8:29 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I saw all three without shipping for $14, but shipping was $10 or so.

900th post!

If that link would work above I could say precisely but if that's the seller I think is then he is a good seller but he sends fake ripcords in exchange for the broke ones that most of the time occur.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jun. 29, 2013

(Jun. 29, 2013  5:49 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: A few questions-

What is better for (Upper) Attack: Samurai or Circle Upper?

What ARs would be best in survival matchups in these spin directions:

Left vs Left

Right vs Right

Right vs Left, if I'm in right

Left vs Right, if I'm in left

Also, what Bit Protector do you guys think would look best with Wolborg MS besides its own?

Samurai Upper > Circle Upper where recoil isn't a problem (i.e. attack). Circle Upper for defense and stamina (Samurai upper is recoily in left if you don't use an attack tip) - but in right spin where the AR isn't likely to touch the opponent etc, Samurai Upper is better for defense due to the extra weight, and despite the extra plastic I can confirm it is actually more effective for attack at least from what I've seen with using it. Also a lot of HMS attack is actually upward smash, and I personally find Samurai Upper is flat out the best Attack AR in the generation - i.e. straight better than Slash Upper. I also prefer the Mold 2 circle upper metal frame in all situations to mold 1. With how weak defense is in HMS, if you somehow have a GFC (UM) you're willing to use, Samurai Upper/Heavy Circle Wide/GFC (UM) is basically unstoppable aside from 50/50 recoil KO matchups LOL - opposite spin would normally put a dent in regular upper attack but samurai upper has a lot of smash so it doesn't really care.

For survival a lot of the AR's have interplay with each other and the CWD part. I prefer Circle Upper (Mold 2) + Heavy CWD Metal Part with a good LAD free spinning CWD part to just about everything. However the recoil on top of the bey does make it vulnerable to obscure force smash combos (Samurai Upper/Heavy CWD Metal Part with Battle Change Core CWD Plastic Piece/Aero Knight's RC causes it issues especially in same spin: http://i.imgur.com/LYbXwz7.jpg LOL).

Wolborg MS's AR is great in left spin thanks to the weight and surprisingly low recoil, Advance Survivor is good in either spin direction when set up right (and still decent when not) and is probably more reliable if you don't know what you're facing spin-direction wise even with the chance of having the metal frame the wrong way around, but it's hard to tell.

tl;dr it really depends on the parts you have and what you're up against.

BTW I noticed something when I opened my NIB advance eterner - the ripcord actually sat half up in the flat cardboard part at the top of the box - perhaps the bending of these is what causes the breakage, if Draciel MS and co are packed that way too, I wouldn't be surprised - those ripcords are extremely solid so I have trouble thinking of how else they could get broken.

If you want intact ripcords you're better off trying to track down one of the SonoKong sets that come in a larger box (there was that set with a launcher and two beys for example). Also when you do get working ripcords and launchers - or if you have a fake ripcord especially, I strongly suggest lubricating the launcher and ripcord with RP7 or WD40 etc etc. Skipping, which HMS launchers are prone to, is mainly caused by damage to the teeth of the launcher gears or ripcord, and lubrication helps protect against that. It's completely legal (the rulebook specifically states this), and these lubricants are quite common household supplies.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Nemo - Jun. 30, 2013

So, If we took two HMS beys like :

AR : Circle Upper
WD : Circle Heavy
RC : Metal Change Core

AND

AR : Samurai Upper

Which bey will have more advantage in attacking in both directions left and right? Please Explain it to me that what differences they make. Pls if possible make a test with a stamina or defense HMS combo and explain!

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Cannon - Jun. 30, 2013

(Jun. 29, 2013  3:12 AM)Cannon Wrote: To the two of you: http://ebay.com.au/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=261165263985

EDIT: I'll fix it later.

Fixed link:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3X-Beyblade-MS-A123-GAIA-DRAGOON-A124-DRIGER-A125-DRACIEL-w-Launcher-Ripcord-/261165263985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3ccea9ac71&_uhb=1

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ga' - Jun. 30, 2013

(Jun. 30, 2013  11:14 AM)Nemo Wrote: So, If we took two HMS beys like :

AR : Circle Upper

AND

AR : Samurai Upper

Which bey will have more advantage in attacking in both directions left and right? Please Explain it to me that what differences they make. Pls if possible make a test with a stamina or defense HMS combo and explain!

Samurai Upper is generally better for attack; it is heavier and the extra plastic is more conducive for attacking. The shape is also generally better (I mean, just look at it) for attacking in either direction. The AR is also very wide, so it can make contact easily.

Circle Upper holds an advantage stamina-wise, but if you're launching aggressively it should not make much of a difference. Though the RC you want isn't ideal for flat-out attacking, in the end Samurai Upper is definitely better.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - 6 God - Jul. 01, 2013

So i'm planning on buying a defensive hms bey, with a good defense rc, i figured id buy advance guardian for $33.00, but since jiraiya ms's rc is better for defense, i was planning on getting it, but the jiraiya ms is $49.00, should I get advance guardian or jiraiya ms? My budget's there for jiraiya ms, but is it worth the extra $16.00?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Snoop Dog MS - Jul. 01, 2013

Jiraiya MS is worth every penny if you ask me...part wise. Jiraiya Blade (AR) is great for Smash Attack, I believe, Circle Wide is used in Attack Combos, and Bearing Core 2 is Top-Tier for Survival if not worn, and Top-Tier for Defense if worn, I believe. Has more good parts than Advance Guardian in my opinion.
EDIT: Jiraiyas WD has no use and is a CWD

Okay one more question is jiraiya's ar better than death Gargoyle's for attack?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jul. 01, 2013

>Defense
>HMS

Don't bother LOL, HMS Defense sucks. Jiraiya MS's RC is probably the best but even it isn't going to stand up to the best attackers, and it's pretty limited in general. Advance Guardian's is terrrrrible.

And no, Circle Upper is a better Attack AR than Jiraiya Blade.

Ok so in a tournament i should just not use defense types? Well thanks, dodged a bullet there!

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Snoop Dog MS - Jul. 01, 2013

I can't say since I don't have Jiraiya MS or DEMS.

Eh, I guess defense could have use against weaker opponents but personally I'd suggest going for balance unless you can get one of the better attack setups (or spamming zombies if the meta isn't that aggressive). But that's just me, and I could be wrong.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Kei - Jul. 01, 2013

(Jul. 01, 2013  3:40 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Okay one more question is jiraiya's ar better than death Gargoyle's for attack?

Jiraiya Blade isn't 'better' than Circle Upper, but that isn't a slight against it by any means. It's still a competitive AR with explosive Smash Attack, heavy weight (only Samurai Upper matches it in this department), and high spin velocity. It's a much more overtly aggressive, hard-hitting AR than Circle Upper is, so while in some situations it might not be as safe, it definitely can still do some damage.

Hm, really? I've found that between its more compact weight distribution vs the very external distribution of Circle Upper, and the fact that it doesn't have much going for it vertically unlike circle upper's slopes (given HMS attack tends to be hitting stuff from below a fair bit thanks to stadium slopes etc), that circle upper tends to be a slightly better choice for attack in general, regardless of opponent. Then again, my experience is mostly on GFC (UM), and that Jiraiya Blade attack/compact combo you told me about is pretty darned great anyways, haha, not to mention the fact I can't make a double-god-ring defensive wall thing haha, which could be relevant seeing as you mentioned weight.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Kei - Jul. 02, 2013

(Jul. 01, 2013  7:15 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hm, really? I've found that between its more compact weight distribution vs the very external distribution of Circle Upper, and the fact that it doesn't have much going for it vertically unlike circle upper's slopes (given HMS attack tends to be hitting stuff from below a fair bit thanks to stadium slopes etc), that circle upper tends to be a slightly better choice for attack in general, regardless of opponent. Then again, my experience is mostly on GFC (UM), and that Jiraiya Blade attack/compact combo you told me about is pretty darned great anyways, haha, not to mention the fact I can't make a double-god-ring defensive wall thing haha, which could be relevant seeing as you mentioned weight.

Circle Upper is definitely better in general, but that doesn't mean Jiraiya Blade is bad by any means. In some ways it is similar to Diablo versus Flash; Diablo is generally a better Attack Wheel in most situations, but Flash is more explosive and aggressively designed, like Jiraiya Blade is. Both Wheels are great offensively, but one is usable more generally than the other.

"double-god-ring defensive wall"?? what?? I don't have two God Rings LOL.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jul. 02, 2013

Ah, I see, and generally agree.

I was referring to that combo from the SCMS article haha, but I mainly said that as a way of asking if there was something similar where the extra weight of Jiraiya Blade was actually useful to it, seeing as you mentioned that Smile

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - TimeOut - Jul. 07, 2013

Why is that the third mold of the bit protector is preferred? It's mentioned in the slash riger article and I had no idea there were even molds...

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - ShinobuXD - Jul. 07, 2013

Reading the Bit Protector article could possibly help.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - TimeOut - Jul. 09, 2013

"This page has no text"

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - *Ginga* - Jul. 09, 2013

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Bit_Protector

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Cannon - Jul. 09, 2013

(Jul. 09, 2013  1:39 PM)Time Wrote: "This page has no text"

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Bit_Protector

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - kaihiwatari.9 - Jul. 13, 2013

Should i get Dranzer MS ??
Can it compete with new MFB and if not can anyone suggest me a good HMS beyblade that can ?
Thanks

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jul. 13, 2013

Like most HMS, we have an article on it: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Dranzer_MS

And no, while some of the better HMS could stand up to earlier MFB, any decent MFB now has a huge weight advantage over them, which renders even HMS Zombies ineffective. This is also extremely dangerous for your HMS, as the system was not built to face such heavy opponents, which means they will likely be damaged or broken as a result.