World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[HMS] :: Q&A Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [HMS] :: Q&A Thread (/Thread-HMS-Q-A-Thread)

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Cannon - Dec. 27, 2012

If you have enough to purchase a Dranzer MS, then get the lot with Driger MS, Draciel MS and Gaia Dragoon MS.

It should only cost you about $21 altogether including shipping, and that is a pretty good start-off.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - T. L-Drago 9207 - Jan. 07, 2013

I read the articles on Bloody Devil and Shining God, and they made me wonder: Why would Takara give the Shooter Change Cores Alpha and Gamma their own special Bit Protectors? I'm curious to know.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ga' - Jan. 07, 2013

Shooter Change Core Alpha and Gamma both are unique not only for their mode change, but the fact that they hold a CWD on the bottom, underneath the RC. The special BP keeps the CWD in place (Free Saucer and God Ring, respectively) while still providing the hole needed for the RC to connect to the AR and main Bit Protector.

It just makes part of the gimmick work, essentially.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ultra - Jan. 07, 2013

(Jan. 07, 2013  4:53 AM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: I read the articles on Bloody Devil and Shining God, and they made me wonder: Why would Takara give the Shooter Change Cores Alpha and Gamma their own special Bit Protectors? I'm curious to know.

Every HMS has a different bit protector design if that's what you mean. So there's no reason they wouldn't.
(Jan. 07, 2013  7:18 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Shooter Change Core Alpha and Gamma both are unique not only for their mode change, but the fact that they hold a CWD on the bottom, underneath the RC. The special BP keeps the CWD in place (Free Saucer and God Ring, respectively) while still providing the hole needed for the RC to connect to the AR and main Bit Protector.

It just makes part of the gimmick work, essentially.

Did you even read his question? What you said didn't even address it.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - T. L-Drago 9207 - Jan. 07, 2013

@ Ultra: Don't worry too much about it, dude, at least I now know what the Shooter Change Cores' special BP's are for.

@ Ga'Hooleone: Thanks, man!

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ultra - Jan. 07, 2013

Didn't really get what you meant. Sorry Ga. It explains the reason for why in the Bit Protector article (there's a link to there in the BP section of the Shining God article).

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ga' - Jan. 07, 2013

No problem, what's done is done.

I hope that did answer your question, despite me forgetting that there was a section on it in Shining God MS.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - T. L-Drago 9207 - Jan. 08, 2013

@ Ga'Hooleone: Dude, I already thanked you for that.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Tri - Jan. 10, 2013

For some reason, I cannot get my bits to go on any of my beys. I try tightening but it doesn't move. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT, never mind. But I do have another question. Is Driger MS supposed to be kinda loose?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - *Ginga* - Jan. 10, 2013

I believe it was one of the first released, and therefore has the loosest bit protector. Read the Bit Protector article on Beywiki.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Thunder Dome - Jan. 10, 2013

So out of these HMS beys which is the best to get (I'm on a budget)
That Gaia, Driger and Draciel set (20 dollars)
Dranzer MS (30 dollars)
Driger and Gaia with Launcher grip set (20 dollars)
Draciel and Gaia with launcher grip set (20 dollars)
Round shell (40 dollars and a maybe even if it is good)
Thanks.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ga' - Jan. 10, 2013

Round Shellllllllll

Haha, well Draciel is nice for the 15g Circle Wide. RSMS has an awesome gimmick, special launcher and usable parts. Gaia Dragoon has a nice spin-stealing AR, though outclassed by Advance Balancer and Eterner. Driger has really just the AR going for it, which is okay for smash/upper. Launcher grips are useful as well...

Dranzer MS is an ok blade, but nice if there are no alternatives.

I would personally go for, in order:
1) Round Shell MS
2) Draciel/Gaia Dragoon SK set
3) SK Dranzer MS
4) Driger and Gaia SK set
5) Set of 3

If only those launcher grip SK sets had surfaced when I was starting to buy HMS online, they would've been so useful...

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Thunder Dome - Jan. 10, 2013

Thanks. So whats different about RSMS's launcher?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - *Ginga* - Jan. 10, 2013

It is like a grip sorta, except it has a mechanism for only RSMS, where is essentially turns into a BeyWheel, haha. Read it's BeyWiki article!

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ga' - Jan. 11, 2013

You can also detach the special launch head for RSMS and use it as an incredibly effective grip for attack types, provided you have a launcher grip before hand to use a normal launcher attachment with it.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Thunder Dome - Jan. 11, 2013

Well I have no HMS right now so I'll aim for the Draciel and Gaia Dragoon set instead of RSMS. It might be awhile since I need a new string launcher since all mine are broken.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Medz - Jan. 12, 2013

Is it possible to take the plastic part off of a CWD so you're left with a normal weight disk?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ga' - Jan. 12, 2013

You can take off the plastic part, sure. That's how the 17.6 piece from Takara's Sea Dragon can be used with other plastic pieces, hence the name 'Customize' Weight Disk (though Engrish calls it Custmize haha).

However, you don't get a normal WD left behind because the shape of the metal piece on CWDs is difference to a normal WD. They have a large portion missing to support the plastic piece. The overall design is different essentially, and you cannot use a CWD without its plastic piece so yeah.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Medz - Jan. 12, 2013

Oh alright thanks, but where you said you can't use a CWD without it's plastic piece, do you mean per say the rules of competitive play or its a physical restriction? Like it won't hold or something?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ultra - Jan. 12, 2013

It would hold it's just there's no point using the CWD without the plastic bit. Also it probably is against the rules anyway.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ga' - Jan. 13, 2013

What Ultra said.

It can fit, but there really isn't a point in doing it. It is also illegal to use in competitive play, since the design of CWDs calls for a metal and plastic piece and therefore using the metal piece only is 'using the piece in a non-intended way'. It's a similar case to Meteo Destroy.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Tech - Jan. 21, 2013

How much is DEMS worth, and what is it good for?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jan. 21, 2013

$40 is a common price, though HMS in general vary greatly, range on them is usually $30-$80, though the higher end is only NIB, and you can get lower if you're lucky.

It's good for being one of the most useful HMS out of the box. If you're in an area with people who use attackers, it's probably a safer bet than WBMS, though it's still not a safe bet by any means.
It's a good Upper Attack combo out of the box, though I find Jiraiya MS's AR works better on it, as an attacking compact (Kei told me to try the combo, and I liked it a lot).
The AR, Circle Upper, is great for upper attack (w/ upward smash), and can be used for wobbling zombies due to its weight distribution (the lighter first mold is better for this). For attack it is outperformed by Samurai Upper (same metal frame, more aggressive and heavier ABS caul).
The WD is Circle Heavy, which is good for compacts (though the 17/18g CWD metal part and suitable CWD are better, and compacts aren't a big thing in HMS because the system is quite uniform size/weight wise, so there's no major RPM advantage to be gained) and considered good for upper attack (I prefer draciel MS's heavy circle wide for attack, given a grip core, as it emphasises the Upward Smash of all the main Attack AR's aside from Jiraiya Blade, and has better speed and LAD than other WD's)
The Running Core is Metal Change Core, which, if you're familiar with plastics, a great shape for Attack/Stamina balance types (and the shape is quite underrated for defensive use). It's no Grip core, but it's one of, if not the best, incarnation of the Metal Change tip, being very controllable for both Aggression and Survival.

But yeah, main thing is how good it is out of the box (with more versatility than WBMS) and how good its parts are in general. WBMS is a better choice for attack-less areas, and probably those using Tornado Balance as a stadium.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Tech - Jan. 21, 2013

WBMS being Wolborg MS (I hope haha) is something I already own, and I'm looking into snagging a DEMS. I'm also looking at Dranzer MS, Gaia Dragoon MS, Driger MS, Jiraiya MS, and RSMS. Any info you can give me on those?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jan. 21, 2013

All HMS but Dranzer MF have beywiki articles you should check out, but quickly:
Dranzer MS is pretty useless, but the RC is nice to play around with for force smash combos (Advance Striker's AR being the AR of choice).
Gaia Dragoon MS's AR is inferior to Advance Averazer's, try to find the latter instead. The other parts are generic.
Driger MS is again pretty useless.
Jiraiya MS is good buy, its RC is the main defense RC in HMS, though defense is pretty weak in this generation, the AR is a lot of fun and useful in the combo I mentioned above. It also seems to be the best choice for use in Magical Ape MS's Gyro Mode (higher RPM) for whatever reason but we still need testing on it vs WBMS's AR for solo spin times and battle results.
RSMS is the original Beywheelz, but actually useful -the AR is good for wobblers (which are fun to play around with) and the RC is good for countering Zombies though I prefer to use attack because it's spin-direction dependent and too prone to being KO'd.

I'd suggest getting a Takara Draciel MS if you don't have one, the Weight Disk is good for WBMS. Advance Averazer or Advance Eterner are also good purchases and the former pop up pretty regularly at decent prices. I can't guarantee they'll work better than WBMS's own AR because my order which had the WBMS in it is uh... Let's not discuss that. But from what I have read they should do better (though Advance Eterner's AR is less effective in one spin direction (depending which way around you put the metal frame) it is probably the most effective zombie AR in the other.)
Jiraiya MS is a good buy, Samurai Changer MS is something you should look out for, as are Takara Sea Dragons (I know Zain was selling some though IDK if he has any left).

Don't bother with Dranzer MS, Driger MS and Gaia Dragoon MS unless you really want them (though Dranzer MS is a lot of fun as I said, you'd also want to get Advance Striker which IMO isn't worth it (Metal Change Core>Metal Flat Core, lots of AR's are better than Adv Attacker)). Very common for the latter two to rock up with broken ripcords (some sellers throw in TT Hongli replacement ripcords which get damaged and skip real easy but yeah).