World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[HMS] :: Q&A Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Plastic and HMS Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Plastic-and-HMS-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [HMS] :: Q&A Thread (/Thread-HMS-Q-A-Thread)

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jun. 12, 2012

I have a question, basically about force smash RC's.
I was reading the Dark Leopard article, and while usually its RC is the first thing mentioned when people talk about force smash, the article isn't exactly a glowing review of its usefulness, the only real positive is that it is fun to play with. http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Dark_Leopard_MS#Running_Core_.28RC.29:_Tornado_Change_Core

Furthermore, it's design doesn't strike me as all that useful - the sharp tip means if you use an Aggressive AR you stand a big risk of KO, and Advance Attacker is very much prone to that. Furthermore, the fact it cannot be controlled with a sliding shot as it only becomes aggressive later in the battle means actually hitting the opponent becomes a matter of luck. All in all, that sounds like a really bad idea to me.

I don't see how that would make it superior in any way to Manual Change Core (Dranzer MS), which can be permanently used in attack mode, and the Takara/Sonokong version isn't hard to control (the hasbro version is supposed to be wild but apparently the speed boost is worth it? Would like more info on that, if anyone has used both for force smash).

Obviously, I do enjoy fun customizations, however in places on beywiki where we're recommending customizations, we have to look at it in a competitive sense.

I know force smash isn't all that competitive in HMS, but I'd still like to know: Why do I keep hearing Tornado Change core when beywiki and my own knowledge tells me it's probably not that good, and how is it better than Manual Change Core?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - UltimateFantasy - Jun. 15, 2012

Is the takara version of Thunder Dragon dangerous from the sparks and if so, how?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ultra - Jun. 15, 2012

Of course not. Do you really think that takara would have released it if it did?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Wombat - Jun. 17, 2012

I'm new to Plastics and HMS, and not sure if this is an HMS question, but which Beyblades come with the Weight Disk Wide Defense?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ultra - Jun. 17, 2012

It's plastics and this question was answered recently in the Plastic Q&A thread so look through the last few pages.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - UltimateFantasy - Jun. 17, 2012

Only have two hms beys: driger ms and wyvern dj. I want to know which beys i should get next.

(Jun. 15, 2012  10:44 AM)Ultra Wrote: Of course not. Do you really think that takara would have released it if it did?

Do the sparks burn a tiny bit?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Janstarblast - Jun. 17, 2012

Considering that both of those contain outclassed parts, you'd need to get most of the top tier stuff.
Its like starting an entirely new collection in a way, because the two you own can actually be ignored from your collection while suggesting combos, as they contain outclassed parts. The very first purchase which people usually suggest is a Wolborg MS, considering the fact that its the best OOTB bey ever made. But there's a lot more top tier stuff. Most notably-

Wolborg MS, Jiraiya MS, Death Gargoyle MS, etc etc.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Sujith - Jun. 17, 2012

(Jun. 17, 2012  2:36 AM)GM Phantom Wrote: I'm new to Plastics and HMS, and not sure if this is an HMS question, but which Beyblades come with the Weight Disk Wide Defense?
if u talking about cwd wide defance, then yes and it is sea dragon

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jun. 17, 2012

Still no answers to my question Unhappy

(Jun. 17, 2012  8:28 AM)Sujith Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2012  2:36 AM)GM Phantom Wrote: I'm new to Plastics and HMS, and not sure if this is an HMS question, but which Beyblades come with the Weight Disk Wide Defense?
if u talking about cwd wide defance, then yes and it is sea dragon

There isn't a CWD wide defense. Sea Dragon has CWD Defense Ring and CWD Free Defenser.
Learn your facts before answering questions...

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - UltimateFantasy - Jun. 17, 2012

(Jun. 17, 2012  8:17 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Considering that both of those contain outclassed parts, you'd need to get most of the top tier stuff.
Its like starting an entirely new collection in a way, because the two you own can actually be ignored from your collection while suggesting combos, as they contain outclassed parts. The very first purchase which people usually suggest is a Wolborg MS, considering the fact that its the best OOTB bey ever made. But there's a lot more top tier stuff. Most notably-

Those were the main HMS on my search list. The main problem is finding them for a cheap price. There is a Jiraiya MS on ebay for $40, There is a Death Gargoyle on ebay for about $40, and OkiawarmTS has a Wolborg MS for about $40. Which would you say is the best deal and the one I should get?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ultra - Jun. 17, 2012

(Jun. 17, 2012  4:25 PM)UltimateFantasy Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2012  8:17 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Considering that both of those contain outclassed parts, you'd need to get most of the top tier stuff.

Those were the main HMS on my search list. The main problem is finding them for a cheap price. There is a Jiraiya MS on ebay for $40, There is a Death Gargoyle on ebay for about $40, and OkiawarmTS has a Wolborg MS for about $40. Which would you say is the best deal and the one I should get?

Are you ever gonna use it competitively? If not it really doesn't matter. Anyway it's Wolborg MS although keep in mind that the price doesn't include shipping so they're not all the same price like you said.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Sniper - Jun. 21, 2012

If I had all the money in the world what HMS Beyblades should i buy

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jun. 21, 2012

If you had all the money in the world, then you could just buy all of them. But that would also be pretty ruinous to every economy and every other person in the world so you'd have a lot of responsibility to fix up whatever resulted in you having all the money in the world, rather than buying spinning tops.
If you want to know the best parts, then look at the HMS Competitive combos list, and then check the parts list on beywiki to see what they come from.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Thunder Dome - Jun. 21, 2012

what is the best uncustomised HMS beyblade?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ultra - Jun. 21, 2012

That would be Wolborg MS but they're hard to find these days and kinda expensive. Oki has one if you want it.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Thunder Dome - Jun. 22, 2012

Is 55.00 dollars a good price for Samurai changer MS?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jun. 22, 2012

Sounds about normal to me.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Ultra - Jun. 22, 2012

What's the condition? However yes that's a good price. They're very hard to find these days.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Thunder Dome - Jun. 22, 2012

It is NIB. Pretty cool

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jun. 23, 2012

I'm going to repost this seeing as it's been 11 days without a response. I know it requires actually owning Dark Leopard MS and preferably Dranzer MS, but surely someone meets these requirements.

It'd be nice if some of the older members who were around for HMS popped in here once in a while to answer questions, it'd save me sending myself broke taking the approach I took to plastics (i.e. BUY EVERYTHING TEST EVERYTHING).

(Jun. 12, 2012  2:05 AM)th!nk Wrote: I have a question, basically about force smash RC's.
I was reading the Dark Leopard article, and while usually its RC is the first thing mentioned when people talk about force smash, the article isn't exactly a glowing review of its usefulness, the only real positive is that it is fun to play with. http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Dark_Leopard_MS#Running_Core_.28RC.29:_Tornado_Change_Core

Furthermore, it's design doesn't strike me as all that useful - the sharp tip means if you use an Aggressive AR you stand a big risk of KO, and Advance Attacker is very much prone to that. Furthermore, the fact it cannot be controlled with a sliding shot as it only becomes aggressive later in the battle means actually hitting the opponent becomes a matter of luck. All in all, that sounds like a really bad idea to me.

I don't see how that would make it superior in any way to Manual Change Core (Dranzer MS), which can be permanently used in attack mode, and the Takara/Sonokong version isn't hard to control (the hasbro version is supposed to be wild but apparently the speed boost is worth it? Would like more info on that, if anyone has used both for force smash).

Obviously, I do enjoy fun customizations, however in places on beywiki where we're recommending customizations, we have to look at it in a competitive sense.

I know force smash isn't all that competitive in HMS, but I'd still like to know: Why do I keep hearing Tornado Change core when beywiki and my own knowledge tells me it's probably not that good, and how is it better than Manual Change Core?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - Sparta - Jun. 26, 2012

I don't have DLMS, but I have 3 different Dranzer Ms's, haha. 1 Takara, 2 SOK. I can tell you personally that the problem with MC Core is that the tip wears down fast. And I mean fast I think all it took was 20 battles or so before that tip started to act abnormally agressive.

I know that doesn't warrant it being "better" than TC Core, but it's a small factor of why I don't like it as much.

However, MC Core in attack mode has been stellar for me. It's the HMS version of Hole Flat, and lives up to it. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's one of the best, mind you, but for the limited amount of tops I have it works just fine (Then again, I DO have a Dragoon MS...).

Quick question: does the SOK version of Draciel MS come with a 15 Gram WD?

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jun. 27, 2012

I have a Takara DZMS, Force Smash is an aggressive type so extreme aggression is no problem, I use it in flat mode anyway, haha, no point using a sharp tip for force smash.
I really need someone with DLMS to answer, haha (kei r u there dude)

SK draciel MS comes with a WD that's slightly heavier than a regular 14g Circle Wide but not as heavy as a 15g one. The thickness is in between the two. Get the takara one instead.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - jadejupiter18 - Jun. 27, 2012

I have a DLMS. tbh I don't think TC core has any advantages over Manual Change core..... I have no idea why beywiki says that, but i tried a combo

AR:Advance Attacker (force smash mode)

WD: Circle Heavy/ 17g WD with thunder dragon's plastic ring part

Core: TC core

It doesn't do as well as MC core with the same combo against My defense combo and Wolborg ms. With the TC core, when the tip retracts it just circles the stadium and runs out of stamina. But with the MC core you can use a sliding shot(very hard to keep it under control) but it can still work.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - th!nk - Jun. 27, 2012

Ahh, as I expected. Which brand of Manual Change core do you have, by the way?

Thanks very much for your help, that's exactly what I was looking for and you've saved me a good deal of money. Perhaps we should spice up the Dranzer MS article a little with the info some time, but there are more important things to do at the moment.

RE: HMS Q&A Thread(All HMS Questions go here!) - jadejupiter18 - Jun. 27, 2012

I used the Takara MC core Smile