World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Plastics General Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Plastics General Discussion (/Thread-Plastics-General-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Janstarblast - Mar. 13, 2012

Oh yes, I remember now! Dragoon had a beak like mouth, haha!
Also, thanks in advance, for the explanation you are going to give. Smile

As for Gigars, I was just kidding! I actually thought that you'd end up writing quite a lot about it(as you always do), even if it is suck-ish.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - th!nk - Mar. 13, 2012

Okay, here's the image of
Extremely Poorly Hidden Spirit Bakuten Dragon Zeo (Click to View)
Top to bottom: AR, WD, BB, Legs, Body, Arms.

I can do up full instructions with pictures if anyone wants (it's no trouble, just that dinner is soon so yeah), of this setup. Might just add pics to this later, haha.
Basically,
1. Remove the legs and arms, flip all the claws over on the arms twist the hands around 180 degrees, and connect them to each other.

2. Take the legs fold the claws up awkwardly, push the little sticks into the holes on the base. I think it fits on both ways but IDK. The claws fall off pretty easy though.
3.Fold the tail up so it becomes a spine.
4. Fold the body into a circle (all the sections rotate), attach it to the bottom of the legs on the base.
5. Then attach the arm part you made earlier to the bottom of that.
6. ????
7. PROFIT! With a big ugly tower thing.

The hasbro ones go on the AR, IIRC. Or at least some of them do, I actually dunno about the original hayate/raiden/zinrai, the box images don't have poles on the AR, but yeah idk whatever.

Interesting thing: The "chest gem" or missile or whatever that is on the chest of the figure is actual the tail-tip and BB tip of Hayate and co. It serves absolutely no use to Zeo so IDK why it was included, it doesn't even fit in well.

I'll take a photo of the instructions soon to show you how little space is given to the assembly part of this thing that has like 50 tiny parts.
As for Gigars, well, as I said, I think people already know how it works, the EG is just a rehash of driger f's gimmick which was never that useful, the useful part was the shaft, not the base. With First Clutch/No Clutch it spins freely but with too much friction to be useful (definitely no shielded ball bearings in this SG, metal or plastic if anything), and with Final Clutch it's like Driger F's gimmick, fixed in place at high rpm and free spinning at low RPM.
The AR might have some Force Smash but that's pretty much useless in plastics, the contact points aren't exposed enough and the slopes are too short. It also looks dumb with the slopes all facing the same way. Metal Change CEW is nice enough but there's nothing to use it on, EG stuff is too tall and all horrible. The base for some reason reminds me of gravity perseus, if I were going to make a plastic homage to it, I'd use this base, but yeah.

Also, my tornado attack set rocked up half an hour ago (1.5hrs after post is supposed to stop lol). Still no HMS though. Hopefully will be making the reinforced stadium thing tomorrow tho.

Zeo bey- AH AH! There's an elephant under my BB! Or wait, is it a Dragon?! Confused

Sheesh, that looks so funny! It may probably feature on some beyblade sitcom or meme.

Thanks for the explanation, th!nk! And what are you saying! 50 small parts to be assembled into that small figure?! I'd have to hire a wrist watch technician for that! Chocked_2

Nothing to say about Gigars.... Tired

Aaaaaand, finally we may see more Tornado Attack tests! Eee

I already have a TA, it's just pretty much beaten up to the point it wouldn't be legal. This one I'mma reinforce with like a gap filler or something, seat it on some board and attach a small spirit meter: th!nk Ultimate BeyStadium!!!

Got another Driger G, Dragoon G and Dranzer G with it, (as well as one dragon winder and some launchers (and some smaller ripcords)), Dragoon and Driger have sonokong's unusually "sharp" molding that I have on my other sonokong Dragoon G, and plastic that seems slightly different, or at least is finished differently. The Dranzer G and my Draciel G from their other set (sadly now sold out), however, are completely normal, as are my Rock Bison and Wolborg 4 from Sonokong.
I swear if Sonokong were a person they'd be normal 99% of the time, albeit with somewhat unkempt hair, and then every so often, out of the blue, they'd show up to a party stark naked, while still behaving completely normally.

Well, that's just why I said 'more' TA testing. Wink
Hm, the beys are probably nice, at least aesthetically.... But what you said about the finishing and texture of the molds, it might be really saddening...

LOL! (to the description of SK as a person)

Ssssh, he's hiding. If he can't see you, you can't see him!

It's not so bad, they look fine alone, it's just next to normal plastics they look a bit odd, and I prefer the "softer" look of normal beys. Still, not so bad. I do wonder if Eight Spiker performs differently or if they perform any differently at all, but I guess it wouldn't make a big difference. It seems a bit less prone to nicks but yeah, looks worse at the start so eh.

Man, I love rock bison's stickers. Applying these bought back some memory. There's little slits in the stickers that go on top of the head for it to bend, it's just so cool :3 Though, the hasbro one was a paler colour, more brown than yellow, which I prefer a lot, mines pretty beaten up. But I scanned the stickers so if I need more I can always print them :3

Oh, and yeah I'll be scanning the Dragoon/Dranzer/Driger G stickers. Extra bit stickers were dull, the korean ones always have writing over the images of extra bit chips, Got Dranzer S ("Dranzer S LV 2"), Driger F ("DRIGER F LV 3"), and Kid Dragoon (Kid Dragoon). The text in the brackets is just assumed, but the "S Lv2" is there in English, just "Lv 3" on the driger one and yeah, Kid Dragoon. Funnily enough, Kid Dragoon came with Dranzer G, Dranzer S came with Driger G, and Driger F came with Dragoon G.

I'm surprised this set got here so fast, basically the same day as Hazel's, must've been a faster postal service than some korean stuff is sent by, I've had some trouble with them being slow.

By the way, all the sonokong plastics sellers on eBay are the same person, or at least most of them are, all the packages from Korea arrive in similar boxes always from Michelle Kim (also the name of one of the accounts), and all have slips advertising their website (Allatkorea or something, it's legit, but they have less stock of plastics than ebay, if any, so eh). No idea why, probably evading listing limits or something but whatever.

My Bump King hasn't arrived yet, it seems to be lost in the post, but the seller is going to send another one if it doesn't get here by friday, they've been a pleasure to deal with. But yeah , still no th!nk ultimate dominator.

Oh, and also, I have put on Zeo's stickers, it's still very white overall. Also, they were kinda hard to apply nicely, between awkward shape, poor coordination on my part and rather weakened adhesive.

Also: OH GOD GIGARS HAS SO MANY STICKERS WHAT THE HELL

THE ENGINE WINDER HAS 11 STICKERS
GIGARS DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A WINDABLE ENGINE GEAR
GIGARS WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Well, Zeo is a dragon who was playing hide and seek and forgot that it was too big for that bey underneath which it tried to hide.
As for the Rock Bison, yours isn't beaten up from what I saw in your recent collection update.
But yeah, I can imagine how you felt when you applied those stickers...
As for Zeo, well, I wouldn't like it if its too white... I even hate Dragoons for that, you know. I like V2 only because those stickers and the blue bottom cover up the white very well...

:o So many stickers on something like Gigars? Probably TT released Gigars to clear out the remaining plastic and paper... But man,.8 stickers only on the winder?

The stickers are half on/half off, and close up it's got some nicks, and the tip is lopsided for some reason, haha.

Yeah, it's covered in them. It looks much nicer with them on (though it's still ugly). 11 on the winder which has absolutely no use for gigars, though is just ridiculous.

And yeah, you probably wouldn't like Zeo then. It's very white. I need to superglue these stickers on, too, they're not staying on well. The nicks on the nose from practice are a shame, it's an AR that should be pristine IMO, but oh well.

I should get to work on writing the Zeo article already, I'm kinda tired though.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Mar. 13, 2012

Man I can't believe you're gonna test that rare collectors item! It is definitely a cool looking bey though. The base is very interesting looking too.

Someone had to, everyone else can just be thankful that they didn't have to. But yeah, I'm not going to sell it anyways.
Pretty much done testing it, the AR at least. Most of the summary of what I found is included in the review on the last page. Overall it's a very unique looking beyblade, and very nice to have, but not really that competitive.

As for Gigars, I've done a little with that, need to do some more but really, as I said it's just a bunch of sub par or rehashed parts.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Mar. 13, 2012

I'd be very surprised if any part of that beyblade was competitive for anything.

Eh, you could win matches with that AR in an attack combo. The base, eh, less so.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Raigeko13 - Mar. 13, 2012

It is beautiful Gasp
Absolutely LOVE the base. Looks semi decent, haha.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Justaway - Mar. 26, 2012

I'm going to get printouts of some plastic beyblades' sticker sheets.
Anyone knows any good way to remove the stickers from plastics? I need to get rid of the old stickers and then clean the bey before applying new stickers.
Also, to recreate my memories of Black Dranzer, I'll paint my Dranzer F black Tongue_out_wink. Although it wont make that the real Black Dranzer, it will still look much better than it looks in Blue.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - th!nk - Mar. 26, 2012

Bro, this aint Q&A Tongue_out

But it's pretty much like any other sticker. Either goo remover, eucalyptus/tea tree oil (both stink), or warm soapy water and your thumbnail.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - DaWRETCHED-one - Apr. 06, 2012

I have had some NIB plastic beys for about 2 months now, and more and more to come. I just finished watching Beyblade series 1, 2 and 3 in less then two weeks and i am totally hooked on Plastic Beyblades. And After watching the anime, it just sweetened the pot. Now i have about 30 used plastics comming my way that i am going to ENJOY playing. I don't know what happened, I didn't even care for these plastic beyblades. I enjoyed collecting the Metal Fusion series beys but they are not the same as collecting these Beautiful Plastic Beys, It's just, idk maybe Plastics has more character and not everyone can have these beys I have. I am pretty fortunate to receive such awesome rare beauties.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - th!nk - Apr. 06, 2012

I tell you man, it might be generally considered "average" by anime standards, but there's nothing that'll make you more enthusiastic about plastics than that anime.

And yeah, plastics have so much character, there's so much to customize, fiddle with, and there's really nothing else quite like them. I must say, they're about as perfect a hobby as I could ever ask for.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Apr. 06, 2012

lol if the original Anime is average then what's the MFB anime classed as. Some of the stuff you got is pretty nice and rare so i'd definitely be happy with it.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Dual - Apr. 07, 2012

(Apr. 06, 2012  2:51 AM)DaWRETCHED-one Wrote: I have had some NIB plastic beys for about 2 months now, and more and more to come. I just finished watching Beyblade series 1, 2 and 3 in less then two weeks and i am totally hooked on Plastic Beyblades. And After watching the anime, it just sweetened the pot. Now i have about 30 used plastics comming my way that i am going to ENJOY playing. I don't know what happened, I didn't even care for these plastic beyblades. I enjoyed collecting the Metal Fusion series beys but they are not the same as collecting these Beautiful Plastic Beys, It's just, idk maybe Plastics has more character and not everyone can have these beys I have. I am pretty fortunate to receive such awesome rare beauties.

30? Lucky. but you took the words right out of my mouth and turned them into a poem! Also, is wyborg worth 9 bucks? if not, then how much?

RE: Plastics General Discussion - 3-Dog - Apr. 07, 2012

DaWRETCHED-one has only been into plastics for a couple of months and he already has a NIB desert sphinxer... not to mention one of the best collections on this site!

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Apr. 07, 2012

I'm quite jealous of his recoloured starter beys, he's got like all of them. I've always wanted a black Dragoon V!

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Apr. 17, 2012

Sorry for the double post but I found something unbelievable. This site has pics of the first three random boosters which is something I thought i'd never find:

http://www.geocities.jp/beyblade_beykids/00_p_ranboo.htm

Also this page has all the fukobako boosters which shows an early one which i'd never seen:

http://www.geocities.jp/beyblade_beykids/00_p_fukubako.htm

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Kai-V - Apr. 17, 2012

BEYKIDS was really known at the beginning of Beywiki though, hah.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Apr. 17, 2012

Yes well since i've been here we haven't known what the first random boosters looked like.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Janstarblast - Apr. 17, 2012

Wow, awesome find Ultra! Grin
I am certain that those pics would certainly be important for certain BeyWiki articles, no?
RB1 had a Bistool or something?! The second bey (yellow in color) closely resembles Wing Cross...
I never knew Bistool was a part of a Random Booster...

RB7.... So that is the Silver recolor of Gabriel, which Zain had been expecting out of his recent purchase... Nice!
Aaand, that Gabriel has a Master Dranzer Bit Sticker on it...