World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Plastics General Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Plastics General Discussion (/Thread-Plastics-General-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Aug. 14, 2012

Coolest rarest stadium ever!:

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d131847542#enlargeimg

and also the limited edition Toy'r'us clear Dragoon F.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Sparta - Aug. 15, 2012

I'm a little confused by the stadium. How does it work, exactly?...

But the Dragoon is sweet. And for a starting bid of only $25...obviously it'll be around $50 or so when it ends, but it's cool to see, hah.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Aug. 15, 2012

I'm not sure either but I pointed it out because it's very rare. I'm not sure it would get bid on because it's so rare no one here knows what it is.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - DynaZord - Aug. 15, 2012

(Aug. 15, 2012  5:18 AM)Sparta Wrote: I'm a little confused by the stadium. How does it work, exactly?...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G6Sie43bO0
This video explains how it works, I believe.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - th!nk - Aug. 15, 2012

Man I envy Keyblader007's stadium collection.... I really must sit down and go through his videos some time.

Yeah i'm looking through them now. The only one i've never at least heard of is the slayer stadium. No idea what that is.

(Aug. 15, 2012  5:33 PM)Ultra Wrote: Yeah i'm looking through them now. The only one i've never at least heard of is the slayer stadium. No idea what that is.

If you were to find out, it'd have to slay you.

Seriously though, I'll watch that video tomorrow. Maybe it's a mistranslation, or the name we have for it has been mistranslated? Is there anything similar it *might* be? I vaguely recognise the name but it may be from his own videos.

It's the stadium from this set:

http://tisinc99.com/beyh16chalse.html

But I don't know the name of the the stadium from there so not really helpful.

Would not be surprised if it were a mistranslation of 5-layer.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Kai-V - Aug. 15, 2012

While trying to find the answer, I at least found this site, which looks like it could be useful ... ?
http://bladerkids.waruagaki.at-ninja.jp/bey-listmenu.html

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Aug. 16, 2012

After looking at that site yes it is very useful. The only thing it hasn't got is pictures of the sets which is slightly annoying. However it has told me a few new things (only on stadiums really) and confirmed others. Here it goes:

-The first stadium released (#10 Beystadium) is the one from the A-16 set.
-The tournament dome we've seen is the Toy'r'us exclusive version. The normal release is white.
-The engine gear launcher seems to be a recolour of the #11 Beyshooter
-We now have pictures of nearly every stadium.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - th!nk - Aug. 16, 2012

You know now I look through it more closely, knowing what to look for, a lot of those things you listed there are in the spin up guide books, Ultra. I'll try to begin scanning those tomorrow, they might have some more info or whatever.

Thanks very, very much for the link, Kai-V, I'll go through it more thoroughly once I have time Smile

Also, as I was finishing the Guardian Driger SAR section I realised it's slightly differed to Gaia Dragoon's (and therefore Gabriel and Cyber Dragoon Battle Spec.'s, given they all use the same runner frame with the tip and SAR). The central ring is thinner (width, not height), and the wings have slightly different angles as a result, but the whole thing is just over twice as thick (height), which also makes it stiffer.

In fact, I'm also rather curious as to what material is used for the sub ring of guardian driger and the sub ring and tips of gaia dragoon/gabriel/cyber dragoon battle spec. If anyone has a box of a takara one, it'd be nice to get some clear scans of the text in case it has some information (IIRC takara boxes had info on materials but of all of these I think only some of the Gaia Dragoon recolors had normal boxes). But yeah, it would be good information to have on beywiki.

I'll try and work out when each was released or at least which was released first, unless that information is available, though I *think* Gaia Dragoon came first which means Guardian Driger's couldn't have been a mold improvement (given the design seems more breakage prone) and the change is bafflingly small. It'd make sense if guardian driger was released first but yeah.

I'll take some comparative pics for beywiki when I get the chance, of course.

Obviously their performance isn't too different, they're still the same length and basically the same shape so they suffer the same leverage-providing issues, though Guardian Driger's would be more breakage prone - in fact I somewhat doubt that Gabriel etc's version has any breakage issues at all given how flexible and solidly made they are.
The main difference is that due to their thinner nature there aren't any legal ways I know of to fix Gabriel etc's in place as a Sub AR* while Guardian Driger's is much easier (all of the Gaia Dragoon AR's will fix it in place when used with Wide Defense, like most fixable SAR's).

*There are one or two ways to do it on SG Wing Base but it's a really terrible idea to use any aggressive SAR on there.

Oh, and lastly, there is of course one more variation of the mold - that used by White Gabriel G, which is based on Gabriel etc's version but uses ABS and has a decorative (I guess) indentation on the wings instead of the slight slope. Again, no real performance difference from the gabriel version aside from likely being way more fragile.
Of course, I'm pretty sure hasbro didn't release any of the beys with that version of the SAR, which could explain it ("well, we've already changed the AR so may as well alter the SAR molds while we're at it!") but yeah.

Looks like I've got more writing to do than I thought, hah.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Clonetos - Aug. 17, 2012

Rock Draciel didn't make it to a bit chip, dang sticker was being fussy and tore up, also I think the beast of the polta bey, the other sticker could be death dragoon though im not sure but if anyone has a pic let me know also Plastics hurt man my fingers are aching ><

RE: Plastics General Discussion - UltimateFantasy - Aug. 28, 2012

I just got my Raiden in the mail. What can I say? It's a beautiful hidden spirit beyblade (my 1st hidden spirit). It was the EXACT shade of purple I was hoping it would be (yay!) and it has an AWESOME hidden spirit figure and overall design. The thing that made me think that made me have doubts about it's color is that on the front of the packaging, it shows a a REALLY light pinkish-purple, but on the back and other parts of the packaging, it shows a REALLY dark purplish-blue. I was hoping for a color that was a lighter shade, but was not as light as on the front packaging and that is exactly what I got. I could understand why the base is illegal (EXTREMELY light, the tip is part of the hidden spirit figure,), but it is (in my opinion) a stupid reason to make the base illegal as almost no person would use this base at a tournament, unless if it was the only base they had or could use. The only problem I experienced with this bey (and I have experienced with other takara plastics) was that the stickers would fall off VERY easily right after applied (I know this is a fact with most takara plastics). If anyone has a solution to this problem please tell me. Other then that, this was a very enjoyable beyblade that is really fun to have.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - superpegasus - Aug. 28, 2012

I made a bearing engine gear by taking out the metal spring at the top and the one that causes click to make a bearing engine gear

RE: Plastics General Discussion - th!nk - Aug. 28, 2012

(Aug. 28, 2012  7:02 AM)superpegasus Wrote: I made a bearing engine gear by taking out the metal spring at the top and the one that causes click to make a bearing engine gear

Except, you know, it doesn't have bearings so it's not a bearing SG.

I made a REALLY big mistake yesterday. I put the stickers on my Hidden Spirits Raiden figure and now they are falling off like crazy. What a waste of good stickers. ;(

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Clonetos - Aug. 28, 2012

(Aug. 28, 2012  6:11 PM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: I made a REALLY big mistake yesterday. I put the stickers on my Hidden Spirits Raiden figure and now they are falling off like crazy. What a waste of good stickers. ;(

ouch man I know how you feel bro I still feel bad about rock draciel :< but look on the bright side at least it didn't break.

About ALL the stickers that I spent an hour to get on fell off instantly. Note to self: next time I buy a rare takara plastic, DO NOT PUT THE STICKERS ON besides the bit chip.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Kai Hiwatari - Aug. 28, 2012

Gosh I remember the worst stickers I ever had were the ones that came from the Metal Master Series. They looked great, but I remember the first Metal Master Beyblade I got, I launched it and stickers just flew off like crazy. You best believe I didn't do that again.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - th!nk - Aug. 29, 2012

Gotta find some decent glue that isn't too wet as to show through.

Anyway, I got my SonoKong set for my birthday today. Interestingly, both the 10 Wides I got are heavier than my previous heaviest - one by almost half a gram. Not as heavy as my heaviest wide defense, but heavier than I think every other one. I think my previous heaviest came from an SK set too (it was definitely SK), though one of my lightest is also SonoKong so....

But yeah, I will have to see how it does as an attack WD with the extra weight...

Oh yeah, more detail, previous heaviest is 14.34g, the two I got today are 14.39g and 14.76g each. The latter might go down slightly because one of the smaller holes on the side has a very thin covering of metal, but it'll be a very tiny change, probably take it down to 14.70 or something.
My lightest wide defense is 14.30g, most of them are around 14.4-14.5 iirc, my heaviest is 15.00g

Oh, my 'dragon g' engine gear was Dead on Arrival (doesn't wind up more than a couple of rotations before losing it all), and the metal tip part looks like it's been exposed to salt spray lol, but I'm not really fussed.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Sniper Kid - Aug. 29, 2012

Th!ink I just got my first plastic bey which is Dranzer V...
What beys should I buy to make a good combo?

Thanks!

RE: Plastics General Discussion - V2 - Aug. 29, 2012

(Aug. 29, 2012  1:07 PM)Sniper Kid Wrote: Th!ink I just got my first plastic bey which is Dranzer V...

Thanks!

What type of custom do you have in mind?
Survival, attack, defence, etc?

Dranzer V itself is rather limited.

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Sniper Kid - Aug. 29, 2012

(Aug. 29, 2012  1:22 PM)Seafoam Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2012  1:07 PM)Sniper Kid Wrote: Th!ink I just got my first plastic bey which is Dranzer V...

Thanks!

What type of custom do you have in mind?
Survival, attack, defence, etc?

Dranzer V itself is rather limited.

Any, the best I can make with it. There isn't a Dranzer V article on Beywiki so I cant search for myself...
I wanted Dranzer since I like Kai, so if I cant make any good combos then at least I got one of my favorite beys in the Plastics generation

RE: Plastics General Discussion - Ultra - Aug. 29, 2012

There is a draft though. Even if there isn't an article you can still search the beywiki section for drafts.